Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down (1120 Views)

Breaking News. ORO In Ikorodu Area Pls Be Warned / Markets Shut Down In Abeokuta In Honour Of A Late King / Please Send Me Mmm Whatsapp Group Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down by vanshwerz: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2016
[b][/b]This would be a bad news to some Nigerians involved.Came across this and couldbt help but to share.
Lalasticalala

Re: BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down by Jafar1: 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
e no concern me

Re: BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down by Ezemann(m): 12:41pm On Dec 09, 2016
Photoshoped

Re: BREAKING NEWS : MMM To Shut Down by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
I dont do MMM and will never do it.

But let us be careful about what we post.

No NEWS like this has even been on the BBC website either as at the last time I checked.

Secondly, read the report below calling this news borne by this topic a HOAX.

Hoax-alert: Image of BBC news story on Nigeria’s MMM finance network photoshopped

download“MMM Nigeria Reduces Poverty in Nigeria by 20%,” reads a caption on an image of BBC newsreader Nicholas Owen recently shared online and on social media.

The caption goes on to say that the “UK government advises Buhari lead [sic] government to use MMM to create jobs”.

MMM, which calls itself “a community of ordinary people, selflessly helping each other, a kind of the Global Fund of mutual aid” has been controversial in Nigeria. Its proponents say the community provides real financial bailout but sceptics say it is a Ponzi scheme.

The image, however, is a hoax.

Using Google reverse image search, Africa Check found that the original caption read “British hostage released: British national released after operation in Yemen”. We have asked the BBC to confirm this and will update this report should they respond. – 02/12/2016

https://africacheck.org/spot_check/image-bbc-news-story-nigerias-mmm-finance-network-hoax/

(1) (Reply)

Do White People Have Villages ? / ‘we Don’t Recognize Hakeem Ajasa As The Next Oniru Of Iruland’ – Abisogun Family / The Man With 7000 Private Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.