Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,506 members, 7,801,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard (2645 Views)

Bishop, Minister Fight Over Ekwueme’s Missing £200,000 Medical Bill Refund / Orji Kalu: "Fayose Hid In My House For 90 Days In 2003, Obasanjo Killed Many" / Governor Ajimobi: I Washed Dead Bodies For 8 Years To Survive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by NewsPoacher: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/house-washed-away-ekwueme-laments/

By Austin Ogwuda

FORMER Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme has attributed the worsening erosion menace in his community, Oko in Anambra State to lack of follow up after the initial intervention which was done 30 years ago when he was in power. Ekwueme stated this while fielding questions with our reporter at his home town, Oko, who was there on a fact finding visit over the Oko erosion menace.

The former number two man, who was visibly unhappy over the threat posed by the erosion said “the first erosion control measures done by the Federal Government were done by our government. We did it at Amucha in Imo state, Uyo coastal erosion control and in Gombe among others. We started ecological fund. Ecological fund is the allocation system introduced by our government.

“Unfortunately, when we were hounded out by the military, they did not follow up with subsequent phases but the intercession drainage we did kept the erosion in Oko at bay for 30 years. “If you go there, you will see how frightening it is. We hope the Federal Government will do something about it. They have already started work on the other side of the valley at Nanka, a neighbouring town. They have worked down to the bottom of the valley separating the two towns. “But unless they do something inside that bottom line, the next rainfall will destroy all the work already done with N2 billion and all that would be wasted.

So it is important that something is done urgently on the Oko side to prevent the work already done on the Nanka side ending up in an abortive effort”. Also speaking at the erosion site, former Secretary General of Ndigbo, Chief Joseph Achuzia said, “you can see that the alarm I raised is not misplaced. I am here at the site waiting for the arrival of the national assembly committee on environment who are coming to see things for themselves.

“I read some of the comments made in the social media saying this and that, and I have no regret to raise the alarm. “As the Secretary General of IPOB worldwide, I am concerned about what is going on my territory beside the fact that Ekwueme was a former number two man in this country.”

Cc: Mynd44, Lalasticlala

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
tongue
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
He he he

You mean gully erosion is about to wash Ekwuemes house and the entire East?

He better relocate to the west like his kinsmen

Make he no be say na Atlantic Ocean we go dey find am

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by timsTNA: 8:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

[s]He he he

You mean gully erosion is about to wash Ekwuemes house?

He better relocate to the west like his kinsmen [/s]

The flooding problem in the SW is something else. Even Lekki gets flooded. No worry very soon Innoson will make cars that can swim for our afonja brethrens

9 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by shizzy7(f): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:
He he he

You mean gully erosion is about to wash Ekwuemes house?

Another reason why most of them hustle to build houses outside their region.

I wonder why erosion is synonymous with SE states. I have not heard of such in other regions..

6 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by sarrki(m): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
They served Nigeria wholeheartedly

This are good leaders

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
shizzy7:
A reason why most of then hustle to build houses outside their region.
I wonder why erosion is synonymous with SE states. I have not heard of such in other regions..

It might be a curse from the gods.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by omonnakoda: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
This is what happens when people abandon their gods and follow strange foreign gods

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by RockHard: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Seriously and jokes apart, the erosion menace in Anambra is serious cause for concern. A thread was opened earlier wherein Obiano said half of the entire state could be lost to erosion if something is not done fast:

https://www.nairaland.com/3509894/gov-obiano-calls-fg-declare

Addressing newsmen after the meeting, Governor Obiano who revealed that their discussion centered on the numerous erosion challenges facing state, pointed out that if nothing is done in the coming years, the State would have lost half its size to the environmental problem.

That's some serious stuff right there. The FG should come to the state's aid, sharply. We can't afford to lose half of the state to the menace. Real talk.

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by shizzy7(f): 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Thats why most of them flee that region, at least you can be safe from hunger, famine, erosion and gain vital exposure from the west
By Chrismas you go back , bamboozle them with stories from the West and marry the most beautiful girl there even the Igwe's wife sef

If not for the West where some people for dey now
Some of them don't even go home for Christmas again.
Anytime my neighbor is leaving for his village, he NEVER takes his children, car or dress well, whereas the man na nigga raw wan nem for here... cool

Hide your face they are coming for us
*Takes cover*....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Opakan2: 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
where are those Biafrau.d noisemakers..

instead of finding a lasting solution to their natural disaster infested region, self centered dolts are only bothered about freedom from slavery

maybe they think SW and North will continue to accommodate them.. they can go live on trees, who cares

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by espionage48(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nawoah.. it is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Johnolives(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Suurulere(m): 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
Instead of them to develop their states, they are campaigning for governorship in Lagos. Now, erosion and the FOOLanis are dealing with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Atiku2019: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
cc Presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by timsTNA: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
hmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
BuharI will build a better one for you sir
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Opakan2: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Atiku2019:
cc Presidency

the one you voted in or another?

why not call GEJ or Atiku

2 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by jerryunit48: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
shizzy7:
Another reason why most of them hustle to build houses outside their region.

Ah ahhhh
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by mayorchelsea(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
Pa Ekwueme is one of the few Nigerians who got into power and did their little with integrity sustained. The FG should act quick on this.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Flatrons always in the negative news!!

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by TimeMod1: 12:59am On Dec 10, 2016
Nature has been extremely brutal to them.
Sometimes you wish you could feel sorry for them but for their mouths that are too lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Poor SE

3 Likes

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettykin: 2:59am On Dec 10, 2016
Has anyone noticed how vultures have left Tinubu woes and are relishing in the story

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by seunmsg(m): 3:25am On Dec 10, 2016
kettykin:
Has anyone noticed how vultures have left Tinubu woes and are relishing in the story

So, you are more concerned about Tinubu than erosion eating away the little lands that remain in your community? You better leave Tinubu alone and join pa Ekwueme in wailing. You never can tell, Buhari may hear your cry.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettle84(m): 3:34am On Dec 10, 2016
raumdeuter:
He he he

You mean gully erosion is about to wash Ekwuemes house and the entire East?

Make he no be say na Atlantic Ocean we go dey find am
Lekki and environs are constantly flooded

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettle84(m): 3:38am On Dec 10, 2016
seunmsg:

So, you are more concerned about Tinubu than erosion eating away the little lands that remain in your community? You better leave Tinubu alone and join pa Ekwueme in wailing. You never can tell, Buhari may hear your cry.
Buhari is deaf and Tinubu is old and dumped.
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by raumdeuter: 3:39am On Dec 10, 2016
kettle84:
Lekki and environs are constantly flooded

Soon na fishing net we go use go catch Ekwueme for ocean
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by ednut1(m): 3:39am On Dec 10, 2016
Tribalism just sucks.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by Blue3k(m): 3:42am On Dec 10, 2016
Can't erosion be solved with grass and tree. Then flood with better drainage. Oh well Afonja and Igbos do battle.

1 Like

Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettle84(m): 3:45am On Dec 10, 2016
Opakan2:
where are those Biafrau.d noisemakers..

instead of finding a lasting solution to their natural disaster infested region, self centered dolts are only bothered about freedom from slavery

maybe they think SW and North will continue to accommodate them.. they can go live on trees, who cares
Abia and IMO are part of the states feeding SW and North.why not hands off the oil in those places so that SS can deal with oil spillage and SE deal with erosion problems with their resources.
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by kettle84(m): 3:48am On Dec 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Soon na fishing net we go use go catch Ekwueme for ocean
do you know how many people die of flood in Lagos every year? none have died of erosion in SE.
Re: My House Is About To Be Washed Away, Ekwueme Laments - Vanguard by seunmsg(m): 3:49am On Dec 10, 2016
kettle84:
Buhari is deaf and Tinubu is old and dumped.

Ooops! Too bad for old man Ekwueme, nobody to listen to his wailing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

HAPPENING LIVE: Massive Jubilation!!! Nnamdi Kanu Remains A Free Man / Danger Ahead As IPOB Demand For Kanu "Dead Or Alive " From Govt. / The NTA-nisation Of Channels TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.