Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,332 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats (2102 Views)

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / Buhari's Gift To Outgoing Ambassador Of Saudi Arabia To Nigeria. PICS / Reception For Amina Mohammed, Outgoing Minister Of Environment (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by tapzy(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
It's official. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is President-Elect.
Outgoing President John Dramani Mahama called to concede
defeat. Ghana has decided.
Nana Addo the presidential candidate of the NPP posted this on facebook...
A few minutes ago, at 7:51pm, the President of the Republic and
the NDC presidential candidate, H.E. John Dramani Mahama,
called me on the phone to congratulate me on my victory in the
presidential election of 7th December 2016.
He wished me the best of luck and God’s blessings, and assured
me of his full co-operation in organizing the transition from his
administration to mine.
I thanked him for this graceful gesture, which is in the finest
traditions of Ghanaian statesmanship and, on my part, assured
him of my cooperation for a successful transition.
I also thanked him for his service to our nation and said that I felt
sure that his contribution to the welfare of our Republic was by no
means over.
Source;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_fkRgMOnhY

1 Like

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by ndujife(m): 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
FTC
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Qmerit(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Congratulations to the President-elect.
I ve noticed that of recent defeating sitting president and ruling govt has been an easy thing world wide.

I call it the ERA of beating/defeating ruling govt. Let no one say Ghanians re fools cause they vote their choice, let no one start shouting more than the Ghanians bout Nigerian new govt/change. Don't support D Trump and hate Ghanians decisions over voting out the ruling party which they knw better cause we not all of us live there!

The Nana Addo of a guy has contested 4/5 times before and never won like PMB, I may start contesting now, who knows before it gets to 5th time I may win as Gov/president! Sympathy vote has a way of helping!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by enfantdedieu: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
noted
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Monimatic(m): 10:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
grin

will Buhari concede defeat in 2019?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by kcmichael: 10:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
The wind of change is blowing thro africa

1 Like

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by babdap: 10:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Africa is gradually developing this political culture
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
This is not new in Ghana
John Kuffor won election to be President as opposition candidate .

NAna Akufo Ado was Attorney General for John Kuffor and his ruling party lost the election to John Atta Mills, the then ruling party was led by NAna

This is how it should be

What we rather have in Nigeria is that APC who came to power because PDP accepted the will of the people are now doing everything to destroy our elections!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Tolexander: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
See all of them shouting GEJ!

But I've not seen where John Dramani Mahama was told to call his opponent, Nana Akufo-Addo, to conceed defeat to him.

To set the record straight on this dispensation's "politicosphere" of the continent straddling the topics, Africa, Rupiah Bwezani Banda of Zambia should be applauded for conceding defeat to the opposition, setting the blaze in 2011 and less to Goodluck Jonathan.

Incidentally, Rupiah Bwezani Banda, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and John Dramani Mahama all got to the post almost the same way, succeeding their bosses, winning their first election aftermath and losing to opposition sequentially!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by oluwalfa: 11:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
Igbos are great.
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by iluvdonjazzy: 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Kudos to gej for setting the pace
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by thegentile: 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
I see peace gradually returning to Africa.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by idupaul: 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tolexander:

But I've not seen where John Dramani Mahama was told to call his opponent, Nana Akufo-Addo, to conceed defeat to him.

To set the record straight on this dispensation's "politicosphere" of the continent straddling the topics, Africa, Rupiah Bwezani Banda of Zambia should be applauded for conceding defeat to the opposition, setting the blaze in 2011 and less to Goodluck Jonathan.

Incidentally, Rupiah Bwezani Banda, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and John Dramani Mahama all got to the post almost the same way, succeeding their bosses, winning their first election aftermath and losing to opposition sequentially!

You are just a bitter bigot period!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by idupaul: 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
thegentile:
I see peace gradually returning to Africa.

Peace will return when Buhari concedes in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 10, 2016
We are experiencing revolution in all parts of the vale; even the South Korea president is about to be impeached.
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Horus(m): 1:10am On Dec 10, 2016

EC Confirms Akufo-Addo As President-Elect of Ghana
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Qmerit(m): 2:26am On Dec 10, 2016
Horus:

EC Confirms Akufo-Addo As President-Elect of Ghana

op please use this as your source
Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Tolexander: 5:01am On Dec 10, 2016
idupaul:

You are just a bitter bigot period!!!!!!
at least, I made a point to back up my claim!

What point have you to back your claim up?

Well, i see your neurons are devoid of nucleus!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:15am On Dec 10, 2016
idupaul:

Peace will return when Buhari concedes in 2019
you just said my mind grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by AllTheWayUp: 7:56am On Dec 10, 2016
Monimatic:
grin

will Buhari concede defeat in 2019?

Buhari must concede defeat in 2019, he should not instigate his brothers in the North to killing innocent citizens and destroying properties like it has always been whenever Buhari loses election.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News... Ghana Outgoing President Concedes Defeats by AllTheWayUp: 8:02am On Dec 10, 2016
Tolexander:

Incidentally, Rupiah Bwezani Banda, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and John Dramani Mahama all got to the post almost the same way, succeeding their bosses, winning their first election aftermath and losing to opposition sequentially
!

grin grin grin
Lamentations of a pained zombie wailer

This zombie is surely pained by GEJ ever rising status and recognition 18 months after he handed over power to the illiterate gworo chewing and burukutu drinking Dullardic President Buhari who has single handedly thrown the Nigerian Economy in Recession in his two different stints as Head of State.

Take heart GEJ is forever a Hero of Democracy.

Nothing u or ur fellow zombies can do about it , except to keep on nagging, wailing and lamenting.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Ruled For 6yrs, And Still No Good Roads In The East- Soludo / Exposed: See One Of IPOB Leaders / Ajimobi blast,emir,oba of Benin/alafin/ooni of ife are below the Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.