Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. (1907 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Published His Book In Texas And Nigerians Came For Him / "Overstay Is Killing Us": Soldier Deployed To Borno For 2 Years Now Cries Out / What Some Americans Think Of Nigeria And Nigerians (Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Israeljones(m): 5:57am On Dec 10, 2016
I had to wake up in middle of the night to write this jargons,,because i cant sleep i have being rolling on my bed for hours now because the sleep refuse to come due to the fact that the heat in the middle of the night here is something else that i cannot even explain....i am going to be mentioning some category or section of people who might in one way or the other, less or more affected by this plague which has refused to let go of us Nigerians, to see if this could get to the right channels and to serve as a wake up call to all Nigerians that we have no business living like this,Enough should be Enough already..
ME
It seems i cant do more even when my heart and soul is really willing,i have made my grieviance known through series of comments on blogs,forums,one on one chat with some phcn officials but everything seems to be futile...this people needs to help my case i cant just continue living like this, even the mosquitoes have all left us alone to die in this serious heat this is why i am penning this down to convince my body,heart and soul tonight that i have done my bit atleast maybe i would be able to find some sleep after this and also hope it gets to Buhari himself because that man seems not to have a TV,RADIO or any other internet gadget in his house to know that this basic need is another source of Nigerians happiness.

To Nairaland
Some of us Nairalanders always act as if things like this is not always our business(this is actually going to the nairalanders who would view contents of this page and will never pen down their heartfelt comments but are seriously dieing in silence..pls guys just come in here and say something, even if ur english is that bad(not like mine is that good anyway) just write something, lets make this people know this light issue is our right and not a priviledge and am sure some of us can even highlight some solutions to the people who are at the helm of affairs clueless knowing not what to do

To All Bloggers
Sometimes, i just wonder if some people understand what being a blogger is all about, with the little knowledge i have i am quite sure blogging is another form of journalism to write articles in different categories,break news, educate, entertain the people and among others but the rate and manner at which this bloggers are going about things is so so wrong..you bloggers should be the voice of the people,,tackle the issues in Nigeria, carry out your own research profer us your kind of solution..but NO, all you people blog about is 'some post on instagram girl with big boobs' 'toke's marriage' 'Tiwa and tee bills' and alot of common jargons,, i am not trying to teach you guys your job but a worried Nigerian like me is begging, this issue of 'no light' is a very paramount issue that must be discussed extensively and you bloggers are our voice and a medium to help channel and convey our grieviances to this people perhaps they would get the message and save me typing this jargons again....
To All govt parastatal/Buhari
I dont even have much to say here because to me, it seems this category of Nigerians are the most insensitive,But if their is any sense of obligation in you people pls we Nigerians are begging 'HELP US WITH THIS LIGHT ISSUE' (EDAKUN EPP US)...Buhari even if the light ish is the only thing you can solve for us we will forever appreciate it because this light is one source of Nigeria happiness expecially me..
Nigerians are begging,

To Mr Fashola
Sometimes our public figure always forget that whatever they say is always in the records books, we are no longer in 1970 where someone would make a statement and there wont be any records for it..mr Fashola you once said that creating electricity for Nigerians is not a rocket science and if given the opportunity you would provide Nigerians light in 6months but now it seems this statement was only politically motivated because providing electricity for Nigerians has not only turn into a rocket science but spiritual science..i just want to pass this across, even with the high electricity bill you imposed on us we still cant get what we are paying for and the most annoying part is your silence on this issue...
This light is is our right sir help us find a solution before we start going to the street protesting for what should be our right..

Celebrities
This category of Nigerians just seem not too bothered, since they are making their millions, they have enough resources to buy a mikano generator and fill their tank with fuel 7 days a week..the more reason they keep showing us their own extravagant life on instagram while their followers are suffering and dieing in silence due to this serious heat.
Our celebrities also need to stand up for us, a little tweet about this light ish wont cost a dime which am sure would also go along way..

Seun and lalasticlala
This is about us Nigerians and if not for us flooding your forum you wont be boasting of google adsense which puts food on your table, i know this is not a story about our celebrities or animals being killed but what really concerns us most as Nigerians and if you really have your members at heart you would surely move this to the required area..if there is no light,there wont be any means for us to charge our gadgets and when this happens you know what this means,,low turn out...
So please move this to where this write up would get a hope of reaching the right channels...

To non=Nigerians To Non-Nigerians who are concerned about out well being,it is no shame to voice this out because we cant keep dieing in silence like this...if there is anymeans you people can help us inform this our insensitive government,we would appreciate it...This people just keep taking us for a ride, from one regime to another,the same old story.

Tvs/Radios

PHCN officials

in summary
For people who might be seeing this as too long epistle, The write up is all about voicing out the poor state of electricity in this country to the people it may concern that it is time for something to be done about this problem, we are no more in 1970..
Enough is enough we cant continue living this way and pretend all is well, as am typing this am so covered with so much water caused by the heat ..if you have for once being in my position you would understand what am experiencing right at this moment..

If you know you have 24hrs light in your house pls dont make any comment..
This to whom it may concern

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Atiku2019: 6:02am On Dec 10, 2016
The Pathway to Indusrial Revolution is Power/24hours electricity.....

Well let's see what PMB has to offer concerning our Abysmal and Decaying Power Sector.
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by jamalnation(m): 6:37am On Dec 10, 2016
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by samincredible44(m): 6:42am On Dec 10, 2016
Electricity was not dis bad under goodluck administration.bro dis one you are complaining hope u didnt vote for buhari

2 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:56am On Dec 10, 2016
Why is it so difficult for us to have 24/7 light like other countries? How did they achieve theirs and we can't? Is Nigeria the largest country in d world? undecided

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Justiceleague1: 7:18am On Dec 10, 2016
Country of suffering and smilling zombies grin
I thought they said phcn was working under buharia?! grin Sai chanji

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by anthony86(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2016
The light Issue in Nigeria has gone beyond normal reasoning it's a serious spiritual Case , Even you manage light a candle these days it doesn't last are we destined to be in darkness in this Part of the World

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by eleojo23: 7:29am On Dec 10, 2016
angry
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by MrPolitics: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2016
No light for 72 hours now and they'll say they're working

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Ahmadgani(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2016
It is pathetic!

right now I am celebrating, for the first time in my life, 120 hrs+ uninterrupted power supply

it is underwhelming
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2016
It's out of shame and self rebate that the very vocal persons who supported and championed this government in have suddenly developed deaf-mutism.
See no evil, say no evil.
Posterity would indeed by harsh on many of them, the curse of their unborn generations is still gathering momentum from the pits of hell.

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by kwaso2: 8:56am On Dec 10, 2016
Having light is not our problem at all, we can say we do often have 20/21 hrs light a day(Apo, Abuja). Our problem is the crazy NEPA bill. Is too high that we are most considering alternative power source like inverter, solar. (N25k/one bed flat)
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Israeljones(m): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lalasticlala,,,this post deserve fp nah....
Sometimes i just wonder the criteria used in deciding threads that makes frontpage

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Jokerman(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
in Sarkki area, there has been light for straight 2 weeks, no blinking....

Remember he is APC

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by banki(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
Phcn does not exist.....
They are private companies sold by ....to his friends....
Buhari and Fashola have little or no role to play apart from regulating
Address your grievances to the private companies.....
And start a post condemning militants and enemies of progress who tale delight in blowing up pipelines knowing fully well that we depend on gas for most part of generation....

This is not an endorsement of any government its just to tell you to know who is causing your problem

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
@OP, sleep no catch you angry
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Israeljones(m): 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
banki:
Phcn does not exist.....
And start a post condemning militants and enemies of progress who tale delight in blowing up pipelines knowing fully well that we depend on gas for most part of generation....

This is not an endorsement of any government its just to tell you to know who is causing your problem
Who is this for Godsake nahh...
Why has this political hoohaa! Made yu this dumb..
Re-read what i put up there again withou bin bias abt it

2 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by MadamExcellency: 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
banki:
Phcn does not exist.....

Every power produced is sold to TCN which is under the control of FG.

Transmission Infrastructure is the weakest link in Nigeria power sector hence Fashola and FG got the blame.

Btw, total system collapse is not from GENCOs nor from DISCOs rather from TCN.

3 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by mykeljosef: 1:57am On Dec 11, 2016
na lagosian i dey feel for pass......this one wey lagos be like hellfire boys quarters .....n light no dey for fan
fuell dey cost
n money no dey
harmattan no gree come either

2 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by bidexmat(m): 2:51am On Dec 11, 2016
A nation state that has been in existence for more than five decades and basic amenities is still a dangling mirage! Nigeria is a lie. The entity defiles all logical reasoning. No where else to call home though but I say this with no apology to no God damned soul, I regret being a Nigerian. Even the unborn generations are already corrupt by default. Snake Alley is rather a far more better place than this lie of an entity. Our leaders are evil, wizards and blood suckers cause, when you deny your own people good water, electricity, good health care, well laid road network et al, it is EVIL! It's been same old story since I was birthed in the 80s till this very moment. Our children have met us in this same mess. A country with no vision will wallop in hoplessness and endless pain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Emassive(m): 6:14am On Dec 11, 2016
There may be no Nigeria left to vote in 2019
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Mathemagician1(m): 6:47am On Dec 11, 2016
bidexmat:
A nation state that has been in existence for more than five decades and basic amenities is still a dangling mirage! Nigeria is a lie. The entity defiles all logical reasoning. No where else to call home though but I say this with no apology to no God damned soul, I regret being a Nigerian. Even the unborn generations are already corrupt by default. Snake Alley is rather a far more better place than this lie of an entity. Our leaders are evil, wizards and blood suckers cause, when you deny your own people good water, electricity, good health care, well laid road network et al, it is EVIL! It's been same old story since I was birthed in the 80s till this very moment. Our children have met us in this same mess. A country with no vision will wallop in hoplessness and endless pain.

I thought I was the only one who share this sentiment. Nigeria is a fraud and I regret being a Nigerian everyday.

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by caprini1: 7:52am On Dec 11, 2016
A Nigerian that died at age 80,never really enjoyed any good supply of electricity,this is very sad.

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by banki(m): 8:07am On Dec 11, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Every power produced is sold to TCN which is under the control of FG.

Transmission Infrastructure is the weakest link in Nigeria power sector hence Fashola and FG got the blame.

Btw, total system collapse is not from GENCOs nor from DISCOs rather from TCN.

Please stop miseducating people
Do you buy power from Tcn or eko distribution Ikeja distribution aedc enugu distribution or Ibadan distribution or benin distribution? Are they not all private companies owned by individual?

Power generating companies generate power and they are being attacked daily by pipeline vandals etc
When they generate they transmit it to the national grid who then transmit to the distribution companies

So why would u blame government instead of private firms who are guilty on both sides of the divide?
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by Cromagnon: 8:17am On Dec 11, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Why is it so difficult for us to have 24/7 light like other countries? How did they achieve theirs and we can't? Is Nigeria the largest country in d world? undecided
will cost about about 16 to 40trillion. Capital expenditure o.
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by blackfase(m): 9:17am On Dec 11, 2016
And some idiots keep deluding themselves with the "e go better" chant rants, same thing iv been hearing since the late 70s. Uselessly hopeless country filled with morons both as rulers and followers.....

bidexmat:

2 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by ritababe(f): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:

five days and counting no power outage here in Edo East
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by idupaul: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2016
banki:
Phcn does not exist.....

Don't let me swear for you because it will surely catch you

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by idupaul: 10:26am On Dec 11, 2016
From independence till date electricity supply has never been this bad ..I am on my 5th straight day without elect3icity
Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by juman(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2016
The useless government that has nothing to offer nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by idupaul: 10:30am On Dec 11, 2016
banki:

Please stop miseducating people
Do you buy power from Tcn or eko distribution Ikeja distribution aedc enugu distribution or Ibadan distribution or benin distribution? Are they not all private companies owned by individual?

Power generating companies generate power and they are being attacked daily by pipeline vandals etc
When they generate they transmit it to the national grid who then transmit to the distribution companies

So why would u blame government instead of private firms who are guilty on both sides of the divide?

When light improves you applaud the govt but when it's fails you want us to blame the Disco and not the minister in charge..hear yourself and tell me if you don't deserve a bolt of lightning today

1 Like

Re: To Whom It May Concern,,phcn Is Killing Us And Nigerians Are Dieing In Silence.. by freshboi88: 10:31am On Dec 11, 2016
Op go and learn how to spell what's "dieing"??

(1) (2) (Reply)

What A Genius President We Have / See The Reply EFCC Gave Kemi Adetiba / Igbo Presidency 2023 Candidate Spotlight: Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.