Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) (52390 Views)

Corper Proposes To Female Soldier At Ebonyi NYSC Camp (Photos) / The Tallest Guy In Abuja NYSC Camp (Photos) / Female Soldier Who Is Rocking Lagos NYSC Camp. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by master69(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hmmm.... umuna bende......... a place to remember during my days in camp.... dat SOLDIER was my platoon inspector den.... Lance corporal Ben.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Acecube(m): 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
The soldiers are trying to discipline you guys and you taking it all for granted. Next, you guys are the same people who will start begging employers for jobs for which you lack both skill and discipline.
You obviously didn't get my msg at all... was in support of the punishment given, just trying to drive home the point that even though it ought to be para-military training we are being handled in a civilized way.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by emiarire(f): 1:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
Personally i think if u respect urself n act responsibly u will b treated with respect bt if u act lik a kid u will b treated as one.... my view tho...

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by mytym(m): 1:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
9jakohai:
Army life.

That is NYSC for you.

Just for your information, the original idea for National Service was 2 years of Army service for the males, and one year for the females after secondary school. The idea was dropped due to cost considerations.

Exactly...

It was designed after the Israeli Scheme. Compulsory 2 years military service immediately after Secondary school before University or Skill/Trade acqusition.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by charlesucheh(m): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
who forced you to go to NYSC? you don't want KG treatment, you go there and play along with others! or otherwise, don't go at all!!! it's at NYSC orientation camp that you now want to show that you know your right Abi! forgetting that you didn't speak up when you lecturers were frustrating you tooth.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by obataokenwa(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Hilarious seeing grown ups this way.

Almost 40 Educated Graduates, kneeling with their hands in the air, controlled by one Gun-less Soldier. These Corpers kneeling down, are all embarrassment to their educated minds, and to their rights.

Never ever allow any man put you on your knees, no matter what.
I remember those days in Lagos camp how the big boys and girls line up at the back and when when we break the law we enjoy being punished small and some escape to another platoon. Bro, leave ego and pride and atimes just allow things be part of a process as far as is not life threatening. I see myself smiling if I'm in their midst.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by esuLAAROYE(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Almost 40 Educated Graduates, kneeling with their hands in the air, controlled by one Gun-less Soldier. These Corpers kneeling down, are all embarrassment to their educated minds, and to their rights.

It is easy to say this on a faceless forum.. Someone like you will lie face ground at the sight of SARS officer not to talk of Soldier.

Mtcheeew
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Lavenda26: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
just to kneel you dey complain. Itx fun let them enjoy it yl it lasts cos they will miss these days sometime in the future.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by crazysam001: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
Abeg Sharrap dere we sef follow suffer am plus frog jump and carrying of mattress. Its part of the experience. All these millenial kids
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by smalls001: 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
What you don't know don't say nor preach just because you're unaware...

Bear in mind that all the commissioned military officers you have ever known or existed anywhere in the world went through this and even worse from a "Gun-less Soldier". They are educated too.

HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by crazysam001: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Lavenda26:
just to kneel you dey complain. Itx fun let them enjoy it yl it lasts cos they will miss these days sometime in the future.

Dont mind them, that picture brings back memories that make me smile
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Almand: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

As a prospective corp member under going orientation, your platoon commandant/ inspector is your boss for the duration of the camp. They say jump you jump otherwise go home

1 Like

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Saicology212: 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
This na small thing now. In my time, one Captain Dagana told us (Platoon 5) to line up in a single file, lay down on the grass end-to-end , and whilst holding the feet of the person ahead of you to form one very long, gigantic snake, roll from one end of the field to the other. After about five spins, the momentum took over and we had no control of the motion again and we all went tumbling downhill at top speed. I heard all kinds of prayers that day: Efik, Kanuri, Yoruba, Ibibio, Esan, Ijaw, Bassa, you name it, it was all there. When it was all over, some ended up against trees, clumps of grass, anthills, etc. All YIKPATALITES CLASS OF 2001 in the house, let me here you say yeah, yeah.......
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by ebonytarki(m): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

u don't know what you are saying,neither do you know the essense of orientation camp.that punishment is an orientation and a lesson to them to learn how to respect their leader.it was well deserved

1 Like

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Kassidy90(m): 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
The funniest part is that the inspector fit no pass thru any higher institution ....
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Alhajipablo(m): 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
I remember back then in camp, Our RSM who was a primary school certificate holder((He told us himself) threatening to useless our degrees.
In RSM's voice "I will useless you and your degree now"
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by benzems(m): 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2016
Is like you never read the constitution
Airing activities in Camp can deny you cert
But after that then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dids1L67ts&t=2s
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by seunoni34(m): 2:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
PabloOmoEscobar:
This one never been to nysc camp. It's obvious
my thoughts exactly, most Nairalanders are either jambites or undergraduates. This is not a new thing, it's like that in every camp. Nysc is meant to be a paramilitary training camp. Were they expecting some sort of pampering?
I'm just surprised at the reactions I'm seeing. In our own time frog jump was the most popular punishment.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
seunoni34:
my thoughts exactly, most Nairalanders are either jambites or undergraduates. This is not a new thing, it's like that in every camp. Nysc is meant to be a paramilitary training camp. Were they expecting some sort of pampering?
I'm just surprised at the reactions I'm seeing
Maybe he was expecting mummy and daddy type of play ground. Lol

1 Like

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Bluffly: 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
Lol,that's Niga for u.sometimes I wonder if other countries undergo dis nysc training
See you. I think either North korea or China has a one year compulsory military service and you are here talking about common NYSC wey na to just dey match and inculcate discipline and spirit of togetherness.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by smalls001: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
North Korea. I think Israel too.

Bluffly:

See you. I think either North korea or China has a one year compulsory military service and you are here talking about common NYSC wey na to just dey match and inculcate discipline and spirit of togetherness.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by ayusco85(m): 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2016
morscino:

Bros..I served in umunna the same time wit u...dis is notin but fun na...Even Mc Chewing stick went on stage and made fun of some soldiers and nothing happened.

You know chewing stick?? Wow you were truly in C14 stream 2. U shld knw me I guess
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by martinosi: 3:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Its Called National Service for a reason...once in camp you are subject to Cadet Training in some form...
so the military officer has the right to carry out punishment for dis-respect and in-discipline....
and to be really honest with you most of these so called Nigerian graduates need the Discipline because too many graduate
as snobs and think they are better than other nigerians because they have a degree....

1 Like

Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by superstar1(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
ayusco85:
This can only happen in umunna bende camp in umuahia. I served there 2014 batch C stream 2. The camp reaks of weakness.

I trust rivers state camp. They can't allow this to happen.

Stay there and be deceiving yourself.

It is called paramilitary camp not a boys scout or girls guild camp.

I served in Rivers, Nonwa Gbam Tai Camp, we were drilled in the rain. As punishment some guys slept on the parade ground overnight.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by doskie(m): 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

you no get OT.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by morscino: 3:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
ayusco85:

You know chewing stick?? Wow you were truly in C14 stream 2. U shld knw me I guess
Maybe if i see ur pix...u should know me too,I performed at all of d Camp event...d name is Morscino(rapper)...did oloboi sir! wit another frnd.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Padipadi(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Did you reason to the point that they might v done Something to warrant such punishment.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by hardon1(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
the is nothing wrong there. And some weakminded nigerians are claiming human right. Ordinary ''kneel down n raise up ur hands''. I was expecting to see frog jump sef.

If u know the purnishment given to a defaulting soldier, u will agree that this one is beans.

BTW, nysc is paramilitary and u dont expect the soldiers to clap hands for defaulting corp members. Its part of the whole process and nothing dehumanizing there. During my time in malam sidi camp in gombe state(2007), u will row on the ground for 100 metres
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by redsun(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
This is why education is useless in Nigeria. At their age and supposed level of education they are still treated like hapless morons by an irrational zombie.

They are like babies.
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by lordmans(m): 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
IVORY2009:

An ordinary W2 officer will make u look useless....
ordinary w2 u said? do u know hw many yrs it takes to become a WO in d armed forces?
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by shegzy86: 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
So funny
Re: Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) by Vatsyayana: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
HungerBAD:
Laughing.

Never ever allow any man put you on
your knees, no matter what.

We know you never saw the fourwalls of a tertiary institution. This shows why you're ignorant of the ideologies behind the picture.
Someone like you probably learnt how to speak and write in Nnewi Sparepart Market! Shio!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Allocates N500 Daily Feeding Allowance For Corp Members / Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Prospective NYSC 2019 Batch B Corps Members Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.