Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat (26363 Views)

Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Photo Of Yahya Jammeh As A Young Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by yinkus204(m): 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
Black man mentality they want to die in power cos they can see another person controlling them
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by mexzony: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
I watched the incumbent Jameh* congratulate the winner barrow and now he comes up with this.
Ha na wa o
Africa africa. It would have been better if he rejected it from the onset but this is just shambolic.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Psyrus(m): 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Absolute power corrupts absolutely
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by DaBullIT(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
bet why ?
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
ALL THE GOOD BOY'S HAVE JOIN GANG
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Ijaya123: 4:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
steppins:
This is why GEJ is a hero of democracy in Nigeria. There were also irregularities in 2015 elections, but Jonathan conceded defeat and handed over to the Dullard.

Nigeria has not been so lucky leadership wise. From the clueless one to the dullard. So what do we call the masses?
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by sleepyeyez(m): 4:25pm On Dec 10, 2016
Sometimes I jus wonder wt wld hav happened if GEJ had decided not to concede n make way. Here's d scenario dat usually Plays in my mind

"Suicide bombings In the south A daily occurence.
Marrauding herdsmen invading community after Community,
Miltants carrying out reprisal attacks.
Scattered IPOB members targeting suya sellers n shoe polishers.
Young ones being forcefully conscripted in2 1 militia or d oda.
Big Men flooding airports with fleeing families"

ETC

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by emmaelectelect(m): 4:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
They once told us Dr GEJ did nothing for Nigerian democracy when he conceded! I wish those set of folks will go to Gambia and face Jammeh, not just to write rubbish with free data

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by nickxtra(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
If he insists on staying, Laurent Gbagbo's treatment awaits him
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by jeftalene(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
Don't let them cheat you. Check out the latest prices of all building materials in Nigeria on www.engineerosaz..com (updated daily).

Best of luck on your project.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by simplyOJ(m): 4:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
He must have received a call from the Zimbabwe President who may have called him a " mumu" for accepting the election result. Yaya should save himself and innocent citizens that may die from any power tussle that may result

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by morereb10: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
eminent disaster loading

hmmmm
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2016
Buhari people don again come!
Sore losers!

Redundant, yet wants to die in power!

I perceive a similar scenario in naija come 2019, all hands on deck!

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by omonnakoda: 4:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
yinkus204:
Black man mentality they want to die in power cos they can see another person controlling them
Only black men do that?

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by sonature1: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
pritykate:
The seat never do him grin but they should remind him of late Gaddafi. This is why Jonathan remain a hero...

If what I see is your pix then u are very beautiful, but your knuckles suggest you bleach. Do u? grin
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Rastamann: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2016
This is typical of african rulers! he is afraid to face the consequences of his atrocities while in office.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by redsun(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Bush man. He wants to turn that relatively peaceful village to another desolate land in Africa.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by kaboninc(m): 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
SmartMugu:
Is he madddd?

Lol.. .he was madt before but clear now.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by wawale(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
He should be played a video called the fall of Gbagbo & if he does not change his mind after watching it he should be treated like Samuel doe
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by MONITZ: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
Chukazu:
as much as I do not see any sense in what he has done, I Really blame the USA for been threatening the guy with with been tried at the Hague(I.C.C) for human rights abuses, i mean they should have allowed him to step down first before such threat

by the way, it seems ICC is only meant for African leaders alone

A million likes for u, I am not trying to hold brief for any power -drunk or hungry African leader despite Africa having more of useless, and power-drunk presidents and ex-presidents in abundance, how about ex-presidents of the developed world who also violated people's rights and freedom in the past, I mean those in the moulds of George Bush Jnr and Tony Blair.

These pair need to be hauled before the Hague too.Human rights abuses don't discriminate and are the same world over.

So it doesn't make any sense when u continue to scapegoat and haul only past and present African leaders before the World Court. What is sauce for the goose should be same for the gander too.

For those that re quick to point out Gbagbo's treatment, he tried to upturn a system that wasn't favourable to Ivorians, with the French being the beneficiaries all the time, and for this he was marked for destruction.

How many people on this forum know that the Central Bank of Ivory Coast has to take permission from France on how to borrow and use her own currency and it comes with an interest borne by Ivory Coast. Also their cocoa produce has to be vetted by France to be sold @ a price the colonialists want even if it is to the host's detriment.

Contracts to be awarded also ve to be vetted at a particular price for French companies by France, it was all these that Gbagbo stood against.

As far as I can remember, the only white leader I know that was hauled before the court was late Milosevic Slobadan of Serbia, who died in detention.

It will interest us to know also that the U. S re not a signatory to the act setting up the court, wat this means is that in the case of any peace keeping missions where American soldiers re known to misbehave, u can't haul them before the court. The U. S even made a statement to this effect that : if our soldiers should be found wanting in any peace mission, don't hesitate to hand him over to us and we will deal with him our own way.

And they want to take our past leaders there?? OK nau, I am glad that Mugabe has told them to get ready and haul his dead ass there because he is not gonna leave anytime soon.

Which is even more devastating, the abuse of citizens rights or the ruination of Libya, Iraq and the rest?

The irony of this whole thing is the fact that it was Nigeria's Lawan Gwadabe. as Chief of staff, Gambian Army along with other Nigerian soldiers who introduced Yayyah Jameh to coup plotting... Immediately after taking power, he called on the authority in Abuja to withdraw her soldiers and since then he's been on the seat......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by landinfo: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
When African leaders rulers know that the TOP military commanders are behind them, they do anyhow...ask Paul Kagame, Burundi Presido & now Gambia presido

& that is why Gej remains a hero!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by 4nobody4every1: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
I knew he was really not facing reality when he conceded to his opponent Adama Barrow. Now he has had time to think over life after office, he has discovered that he is useless without the Presidency. He has discovered that he has no skills or character for doing good as the world requires. All hi's contribution in life is to cause mischief and harm to people. Now out of office, he can't wield such powers and is very useless. He is also a persona non grata in many countries, he can't live peacefully elsewhere without the trappings of the office, and he can't stay in Gambia as a commoner.

The ICC might be asked to prosecute him for God-knows-which-of-his-crimes. The Presidency is his life and without it, he is better dead. He knows he won't succeed in this ploy, but he wants to make so much trouble and bring everyone down with him.

My advice to the President Elect is to leave Gambia before he poisons and kill him to bring up one constitutional lacuna that will allow him continue in office, conduct fresh election while in office , rig massively and continue. Barrow should start touring the western countries and engage Gambians in the diaspora. This will afford him opportunity to stay away till when he will be inaugurated. It will also make him build alliances.

Yaya Jammeh is a reflection of African politicians. Many of them are so useless that they can't fit in elsewhere except being in power. Remove them from power and they will become like rats Shorne off its furs. Their quest for power is informed by insecurity and a need to become something that requires only mischief
You captured my thoughts and penned down what l would have written, my visit to the Gambia few years ago made me feel for Gambia citizens , you dare not criticize the president or else he will either arrest you if you are lucky or you will be killed, what a wicked leader.

But l know those the gods wants to destroy he first makes them mad, he wont succeed with this path of deceit he has chosen but rather his cup has filled up and he will end up like other African despot who clinge to power like their personal property, nonsense, he is also full of voodoo, beneath the agbada he wears all the time, is different charms, amulets and juju for protection, he rarely wears suits, very useless man angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Teechawa: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
Whaaaat After all the long talk and calling Allah into it, phone call to the new presido
Nigerians will appreciate OBJ and GEJ now grin undecided[/color] tongue
GEJ more self. His presidency is not worth the blood of any Nigerian. Learn from GEJ always.
We need to establish a leadership institute in honour of GEJ now[color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Ugosample(m): 5:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
The president elect caused it.
He is a complete idiot.
Why didn't he wait till he got sworn in before talking recklessly

You are threatening the sitting president with ICC when you are not president yet.
wise fool.

4 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by hero2000: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
Catastrophe1:
Bullshii. Jammeh should stick to his gutts. After all the ones that conceaded and handed over power weren't appreciated.

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by kolaish(m): 5:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
JAMMEH IS A DEVIL'S INCARNATE THAT WANT TO SPILL THE BLOOD OF INNOCENT PEOPLE BEFORE HE GOES.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Africans and politics

Be like Monkeys and guns grin grin grin
They can shoot at anything without thinking
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Justicealh3(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2016
yomibelle:
was he sleeping before wen he conceded defeat?

ah sure say na some people dey push am e.g our president
He was trying to av heart like GEJ but................! God Bless Nigeria.
God Bless Buhari. God bless GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by ArchiPelago1: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
The population of Banjul the capital city of Gambia is just 35,000 which is not up to the population of Unilag... Yaya Jammeh should not start a Civil War that will wipe out the country in one week

2 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Themandator: 6:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
justscorchone:
It was just a matter of time grin I thought it was too easy.

It is not easy to follow the steps of President Jonathan.

And incase you thought I forgot.
I'M A KINGGGGGGGG

FTC lataro. Oga Lalastica can I get my prized snake grin
Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by Catastrophe1: 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2016
[quote author=hero2000 post=51806713][/quote]

Re: Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat by nextstep(m): 6:19pm On Dec 10, 2016
He should do well to remember the fates of Laurent Gbagbo of Côte d'Ivoire and Muammar Gaddafi of Libya... Africa don dey tire for sit tight leaders...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Georgia Confirms Biden Victory and Finds no Widespread Fraud After Audit / China Bans BBC World Service, Following U.K. Ban Of Chinese Network / Mugabe's 2nd Wife Is Cheating On Him With A Younger Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.