Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook (23981 Views)

Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 10, 2016
Two things I don't like : An over dependent Lady and a Lady that doesn't know how to cook

For a Lady not knowing how to cook, one or more factors must have come into play. It's either :
- She has been cuddled and fed all through ..... Something which I personally dislike
-She was never taught how to cook and therefore just figured that teaching Herself something so necessary and worthwhile was just not ... well ... worthwhile.
-She was and is still too lazy to learn how to cook

Just one question before I proceed : How can someone in this modern day and age navigate life without ever learning one of the most fundamental, useful, and creative skills known to man? undecided

Well, I won't mind if a Lady can't cook, but is willing to put in the required effort to learn. smiley
What I do mind is a Lady not knowing how to cook, but refuses to learning and suggests hiring a maid or living off take-out food

Sure I can cook a bit, will learn new recipes and will cook when She's inconvenienced, but why turn it into a full-time job or hire a maid when I have a wife?
If She doesn't cook for Me, what then does She have to offer?

Think about this for a second. If you have reached the age of 25 and you don't know how to whip up a decent meal for yourself, what do you think that says about you as a person, much less a potential relationship partner? Does it indicate that you've just been so busy with your education and your worklife that you haven't had the time to learn to create a basic dish for yourself to eat?

You might hate it. But if you do hate it, then it's my opinion that you lack a certain type of romance , plain and simple.
Cooking requires heart. It demands that you give a damn about someone else, the person or person(s) you are cooking for

You might as well say : " Well, I don't have much heart or interest in fundamental things that show people I care about them!"
If you want a guy to bend over backwards for you, be willing to do the same for him. Learn how to cook for Him smiley]

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by herzern(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2016
Can't Cook??

That qot me thinkinq,do we still have ladies who can't cook?

I thouqht the Society frowns at that.

Buh I'm very sure all ladies at the aqe 25 should be able to prepare Rice and Stew.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by winetapper: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2016
Just say you like Food undecided .
When you get engulfed with Love, you won't see her inability to cook as an excuse

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2016
Same way she'll dump ur ass if u duno Hw to fvck!!!

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Frei(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2016
If you like marry a lady that can't boil egg' #priorities oh lawd

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by herzern(m): 11:57am On Dec 10, 2016
dingbang:

Hector.

Has anyone dump yhu because you dont know how to fuçk?? grin

Honest answers.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
herzern:

Hector.

Has anyone dump yhu because you dont know how to fuçk?? grin

Honest answers.

where are the nairaland females, please come and answer this question.. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Mutuwa(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:
Two things I don't like : An over dependent Lady and a Lady that doesn't know how to cook

For a Lady not knowing how to cook, one or more factors must have come into play. It's either :
- She has been cuddled and fed all through ..... Something which I personally dislike
-She was never taught how to cook and therefore just figured that teaching Herself something so necessary and worthwhile was just not ... well ... worthwhile.
-She was and is still too lazy to learn how to cook

Just one question before I proceed : How can someone in this modern day and age navigate life without ever learning one of the most fundamental, useful, and creative skills known to man? undecided

Well, I won't mind if a Lady can't cook, but is willing to put in the required effort to learn. smiley
What I do mind is a Lady not knowing how to cook, but refuses to learning and suggests hiring a maid or living off take-out food

Sure I can cook a bit, will learn new recipes and will cook when She's inconvenienced, but why turn it into a full-time job or hire a maid when I have a wife?
If She doesn't cook for Me, what then does She have to offer?

Think about this for a second. If you have reached the age of 25 and you don't know how to whip up a decent meal for yourself, what do you think that says about you as a person, much less a potential relationship partner? Does it indicate that you've just been so busy with your education and your worklife that you haven't had the time to learn to create a basic dish for yourself to eat?

You might hate it. But if you do hate it, then it's my opinion that you lack a certain type of romance , plain and simple.
Cooking requires heart. It demands that you give a damn about someone else, the person or person(s) you are cooking for

You might as well say : " Well, I don't have much heart or interest in fundamental things that show people I care about them!"
If you want a guy to bend over backwards for you, be willing to do the same for him. Learn how to cook for Him smiley

This is why I rarely allow my wife travel. FOOD factor.
grin
Talk more of marry one that can't cook.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
Okay.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Tallesty1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
A lady who doesn't know how to cook will have a hard time explaining what she spent her childhood days doing.

She's either an over pampered spoilt baby elephant or a very disobedient lazy child.

There are so many youtube videos out there for her to learn from. There's just no reason.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2016
front page lol ....oya like my post for no reason grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
herzern:
Can't Cook??

That qot me thinkinq,do we still have ladies who can't cook?

I thouqht the Society frowns at that.

Buh I'm very sure all ladies at the aqe 25 should be able to prepare Rice and Stew.

Na them plenty pass

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2016
Berlynn:
K
Sibeal:
Okay.

Can you both boil an egg? undecided
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by McBrooklyn(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
dingbang:

cheesy grin

Buhahahaha...!!! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:

I can do more than that... undecided
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by DeLioncourt: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
Goan learn how to cook na.
Is it only women that will cook?
So if they all decide to stop cooking, you'll die of hunger ba?

23 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:

7 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:
Goan learn how to cook na.
Is it only women that will cook?
So if they all decide to stop cooking, you'll die of hunger ba?

Did you read the post at all? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by makydebbie(f): 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2016
My excuse is even weirdundecided
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2016
makydebbie:
My excuse is even weirdundecided
So, you can't cook?

Let's hear it undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by DeLioncourt: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:

Did you read the post at all? undecided

Nope. Too long.
The title is sufficient for me to leave a comment.
Edit the title if that wasn't the message you intended to pass across. tongue

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by naijaboiy: 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2016
Well everyone should be able to take care of themselves personally and that includes their feeding which leads to learning how to cook cos you can't keep going to an eatery every damn time.

But as far as relationships and marriage is involved a woman should know how to cook. Yes! If you expect your man to be all romantic, doing all the things you want like buying you gifts, taking you out once in a while, fücking you nicely and becoming responsible, I see no reason why you should frown at the little thing he expects from you.

Men are not complaining because they don't know how to cook but because it's one of the things they naturally expect a woman to know how to do, the same way women have their own expectations of men.

I really don't understand why it has become a very big issue today. undecided

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by makydebbie(f): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:

So, you can't cook?

Let's hear it undecided
I can't cook most of my country's delicacies.
I'm learning tho.

But I cook Nigeria foodkiss

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 10, 2016
naijaboiy:
Well everyone should be able to take care of themselves personally and that includes their feeding which leads to learning how to cook cos you can't keep going to an eatery every damn time.

But as far as relationships and marriage is involved a woman should know how to cook. Yes! If you expect your man to be all romantic, doing all the things you want like buying you gifts, taking you out once in a while, fücking you nicely and becoming responsible, I see no reason why you should frown at the little thing he expects from you.

Men are not complaining because they don't know how to cook but because it's one of the things they naturally expect a woman to know how to do, the same way women have their own expectations of men.

I really don't understand why it has become a very big issue today. undecided

You've said it all

But, I'm not understanding that last statement

Are you referring to Ladies not wanting to cook or Men complaining about ladies not being able to cook?

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
makydebbie:
I can't cook most of my country's delicacies.
I'm learning tho.

But I cook Nigeria foodkiss

And you call that weird?

It's actually understandable considering the fact that you spent more time in 9ja
smiley
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by naijaboiy: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2016
iChar:

You've said it all

But, I'm not understanding that last statement

Are you referring to Ladies not wanting to cook or Men complaining about ladies not being able to cook?
Ladies not wanting to cook and in turn making men complain about their inability to cook.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by makydebbie(f): 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
KissChrix:

And you call that weird?

It's actually understandable considering the fact that you spent more time in 9ja
smiley
Thanks cool
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Silentscreamer(f): 1:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
If she cant cook, u cook for her. Den teach her while at it. Its very romantic for guy to cook for his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Mutuwa:

This is why I rarely allow my wife travel. FOOD factor.
grin
Talk more of marry one that can't cook.
Can't you cook for yourself for the time being till she's back?.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
Benita27:

Lol.... His is already getting to the extreme grin

That's why I said I'll gladly cook when She's inconvenienced

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Mutuwa(m): 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2016
Benita27:

To be honest,I have tried learning how to cook for long.but rather I wasted food stuffs which someone somewhere was in dire need of.so I just quite.

Back in school I had to hire a cook in my second year,before my friends who could cook moved in with me.

It has never been easy with me and hunger. smiley
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
naijaboiy:

Ladies not wanting to cook and in turn making men complain about their inability to cook.

Now I get you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys Do You Prefer Younger Or Older Ladies?? / Wife Kills Husband Because He Stopped Eating Her Vagina Every Night / How Do I Prove My Love To My Gf?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.