Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Help Save Mama Kazeem - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Save Mama Kazeem (16497 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by oyetpel(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
After several treatment and money spent, this shit killed my dad last year. The wound killed him, Diabetes is like cancer, once someone is experiencing this kind of wound, na to dey countdown for the person.

. Hope your mom get better.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kimoni: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
oyetpel:
After several treatment and money spent, this shit killed my dad last year. The wound killed him, Diabetes is like cancer, once someone is experiencing this kind of wound, na to dey countdown for the person.

. Hope your mom get better.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by ayolight(f): 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
I have been refreshing this thread since morning. Hope all is well. Mr Kazeem, how is mama today?
Have u seen the doctor? God be with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2016
Update.

I left the hospital yesterday to attend to some also important issues at home and at work. But my sister was there. She told me that the doctor came and check the two xray we had done. He then wrote two other xray, one blood test and also wrote that she should take another pint of blood. All will be done today except one of the xray. That will be done on 19th (Monday). The person in charge gave that date for it.

I will go back tomorrow or early Friday morning. I need to vet teacher's report card and record my pupils' work too. Whatever happens I will keep you updated. Thank you all.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by dominique(f): 7:59am On Dec 14, 2016
Kazrem:
Update.

I left the hospital yesterday to attend to some also important issues at home and at work. But my sister was there. She told me that the doctor came and check the two xray we had done. He then wrote two other xray, one blood test and also wrote that she should take another pint of blood. All will be done today except one of the xray. That will be done on 19th (Monday). The person in charge gave that date for it.

I will go back tomorrow or early Friday morning. I need to vet teacher's report card and record my pupils' work too. Whatever happens I will keep you updated. Thank you all.

I'm not comfortable with all these delay, hope she's given something to relive her pain? May Allah heal her

2 Likes

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by ayolight(f): 8:38am On Dec 14, 2016
Kazrem:
Update.

Its well o.
All these test and X-rays without explanations.
God is her strength.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 10:42am On Dec 14, 2016
dominique:

I'm not comfortable with all these delay, hope she's given something to relive her pain? May Allah heal her
Aameen. Yes. I will snap some of them when I get there tomorrow.

@ayolight I am not comfortable either. But then what can I do? How I wish I was there when the Dr came yesterday.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Funjosh(m): 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kazrem:
Update.

God will perfect her healing........................ It Is Well
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by balash(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kazrem:
Update.

Brother kazeem! From the Nairaland Muslim Committee, can we get a functioning number, number, the one on ur profile isn't connecting

1 Like

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
balash:

Brother kazeem! From the Nairaland Muslim Committee, can we get a functioning number, number, the one on ur profile isn't connecting
It is. I just received a call now.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by pickabeau1: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
can a doctor inhouse step in to visit and help this family with some of these medical lingo

cc: dominique Royver
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by balash(m): 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
Kazrem:

It is. I just received a call now.

Yes he told me as well. I will open a thread on your behalf soon and mention you as well
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Wow, take it easy bro...
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 6:34am On Dec 15, 2016
cry Madridguy
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by madridguy(m): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2016
Yes am here honey.

Aminat508:
cry Madridguy
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Funjosh(m): 6:55am On Dec 15, 2016
For How Long Will It Take To Get A Proper Diagnose, This Country Self.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by madridguy(m): 7:04am On Dec 15, 2016
@ OP, God Almighty will heal your mom and ease her pain.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 7:40am On Dec 15, 2016
Funjosh:
For How Long Will It Take To Get A Proper Diagnose, This Country Self.
so annoying. ... angry
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by 5minsmadness: 1:06pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kazrem:
Update.

I didn't want to get involved in this for certain resons.
However you need to know what's going on.

From your first pic, that leg looks gangrenous and it has affected the sole of the foot.

I'm sorry but most likely the leg will be amputated.

This needs to be done so as to stop the infection from spreading further and also to control her sugar level. Both problems are potentially life threatening.

Do you have an idea what the sugar level is now? Is it below 150mg/dL? If above 150, that may be the reason why they are delaying amputation. Some doctors believe you amputate quickly no matter the sugar level. Others feel the sugar level should be under control before you amputate. All decisions are taking in view of what will provide the best survival chances for the patient.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by eyinjuege: 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

From your first pic, that leg looks gangrenous and it has affected the sole of the foot.

This needs to be done so as to stop the infection from spreading further and also to control her sugar level. Both problems are potentially life threatening.

Do you have an idea what the sugar level is now? Is it below 150mg/dL? If above 150, that may be the reason why they are delaying amputation. Some doctors believe you amputate quickly no matter the sugar level. Others feel the sugar level should be under control before you amputate. All decisions are taking in view of what will provide the best survival chances for the patient.

All the best.

It may just be a soft tissue infection/cellulitis. Its a bit difficult to say if that's just some necrotic tissue on the skin. I would say its more of a cellulitis which some antibiotic and sugar control will sort out after some weeks.
Let the OP find time and discuss with those managing mama to know what's up. The xrays should help to determine if its more than a soft tissue infection
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by pickabeau1: 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
Doctors in the house, can someone help this guy make an onsite review of the information he has\
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 6:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

All the best.

Amputated! OMG this is sad
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by 5minsmadness: 7:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
eyinjuege:

It may just be a soft tissue infection/cellulitis. Its a bit difficult to say if that's just some necrotic tissue on the skin. I would say its more of a cellulitis which some antibiotic and sugar control will sort out after some weeks.
Let the OP find time and discuss with those managing mama to know what's up. The xrays should help to determine if its more than a soft tissue infection
It seems you are a doctor.

Look at the plantar surface of that foot.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by eyinjuege: 7:46pm On Dec 15, 2016
5minsmadness:

It seems you are a doctor.

Look at the plantar surface of that foot.

I saw it.
You'll just be surprised at how bad a soft tissue infection with some necrotic tissues can look.
It doesn't mean it warrants an amputation. A few debridement can do wonders...
But hey, what do I know.. The ortho taking care of her should be able to assess viability etc. Its just going to be a shame if she'll need an amputation.
Op, how's mama doing? Hope she's responding to treatment? Have you spoken to her Drs.. Pls make sure you do and ask necessary questions if anything is confusing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2016
Sorry I may be wrong but mamas leg look spiritual to me as diagnosis cannot be attained with series of X-ray's from the doctors. No definite conclusion can be made on it.
I may be wrong but hey what do I know about her ailment.. Just a suggestion after going through kazreem posts.

May God almighty heal your mum in Jesus name amen.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by TheArchangel(f): 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2016
Amelian:
Sorry I may be wrong but mamas leg look spiritual to me as diagnosis cannot be attained with series of X-ray's from the doctors. No definite conclusion can be made on it.
I may be wrong but hey what do I know about her ailment.. Just a suggestion after going through kazreem posts.

May God almighty heal your mum in Jesus name amen.
SPIRITUAL

AN obvious festering ulcer in a known diabetic patient embarassed walahi embarassed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by oyetpel(m): 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2016
Diabetes is cancerous.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2016
Now I am sad and bitter than ever. I came this evening only to meet the leg worse than before. I am pained. The wound is getting close to the knee Pray Monday comes early Now I am crying profusely. I feel restrained to share her pix again.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by 5minsmadness: 9:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kazrem:
Now I am sad and bitter than ever.
I came this evening only to meet the leg worse than before.
I am pained.
The wound is getting close to the knee
Pray Monday comes early
Now I am crying profusely.
I feel restrained to share her pix again.
What's her sugar level? Pls check and get back to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You / When Should Parents Let Teenagers Make Their Own Decisions? / How Honest Should You Be About Your Past When Marrying Someone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.