Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Help Save Mama Kazeem - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Save Mama Kazeem (16526 Views)

What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos) / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 8:43am On Dec 27, 2016
cry CC: Bellong

Chrismario cry
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Sissie(f): 1:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
May Allah heal her. Amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by ayolight(f): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
How is mama doing today? God will strengthen her.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 6:23am On Dec 28, 2016
ayolight:
How is mama doing today? God will strengthen her.
I wasn't there yesterday but was told she is fairly better. She too is expectant of the surgery so that she can be relieved, my sister who is there told me. I will be going there today by God's grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 6:25am On Dec 28, 2016
Thanks to a male who sent us #10,000 at the early hour of today. May God bless you and answer both your public and private prayers.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by ayolight(f): 7:37am On Dec 28, 2016
Kazrem:

I wasn't there yesterday but was told she is fairly better. She too is expectant of the surgery so that she can be relieved, my sister who is there told me. I will be going there today by God's grace.
Eku itoju sir. It will end in praise...
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by AngelicBeing: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2016
sad
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 10:46am On Dec 28, 2016
Somebody sent us #2,000 this morning. May God bless the person and be with him/her in his/her hustle. (Don't know the gender but God knows you).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by nairaman66(m): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Kazrem:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. I am really shy to post this but as the condition warrants I have no choice than to do for the sake of my beloved mum.
She is diabetic. She now has wound in her leg and as a diabetic patient she shouldn't have a wound. She didn't inform us perhaps thinking its a mild cut until after two weeks when she too realized it was enlarging. Knowing the implication, we took her to general hospital Epe on December 2nd Friday and she was there till yesterday when she was referred to General hospital Lagos. Countless is even the money we spent in Epe but since yesterday that we got here, we have spent up to 100k. Not to mention the 20k for a particular scan we are yet to pay. The problem here is that we don't know precisely when we will live here because of the severity of the leg. The most painful part of this is that she had already lost the right leg when she was a child due to wind. The only one she has left is the right one which is also wounded now. Please help save Maami.
cc: aminat508

Kazeem Abolore Sulaimon. 5693061939. Eco bank.

[b]Thank you all for your concern. I do appreciate.

While we were in Epe general hospital, one of the nurses that dress the leg told me that the most likely thing is to amputate the leg. But I don't want to jump gun, I don't want to preempt. She is a nurse and the people that are here are orthopedics. But I too from my own observation I have seen that the most likely thing is to amputate the leg. Reason being that from the toes of the leg to the middle, she doesn't feel it. It is as if it is dead. How do I know this? There was a day a nurse came to dress it as they usually do, she didn't complain when the nurse was dressing from the toes to the middle of the foot. She didn't complain at all until when the nurse got to the upper part of the leg. She deliberately did it the second time and same thing happened. We both looked at each other and I got the message immediately. She then said that part of the leg has lost sensation. That gone. The second thing. About two days after that, another nurse came. While she was dressing it, she asked me what I observed in the leg. I told her that the leg is black. What that means, she said, is that blood is not flowing to that part again. That part has lost oxygen and when a part of the body has lost oxygen it's not functional again. I had to stop her and told her I will come to her office. There she told me that the most likely thing is to amputate the leg. She said it is better to do that earlier so that it will not be degenerating to the upper part and then the knee. So that is what happened. So I have had an idea of what will most likely happen. But then you can never say. And from experience, a friend's mother was amputated almost two years ago. When he narrated it to me, I had no choice than to pity him. The leg was cut at the knee. He told me that had it been they got money early it would have been at the ankle. And I don't want that to happen to Maami. God forbid. Olohun oni je. Now coming back to her own case, when we got here from Epe, she was admitted at the emergency. What I got to know from one of the Doctor's today (really he confided in my. They don't disclose some things to patient) is that there are two set of Doctors that will attend to her, diabetic doctors and Orthopedics. Now the diabetes doctors come everyday because of the sensitive of it. In fact they had to bring down (or manage) the sugar level significantly before orthopedics do their work. They along with others had to do the ground work (xray, scan and all that) before orthopedics will come. He continued that orthopedics only come on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. That said, my fear is that if they say that they will amputate it and tell us to go find a certain sum, is that when I will be running helter skelter. That My friend told me the money they spent on the leg, pre amputation, amputation and post amputation worth building a storey building. What will now happen to the money if they say no need for amputation? That was the reason I was strongly reluctant to post my account details delaying until when I will hear from the horse's mouth. But had to later post it after some trusted friends here said I should.

Even in the course of all these, I have jeopardized many things but there is nothing too much to loose for someone's mum to live. I have already failed one exam, the one I wrote on Friday because my mind wasn't there. I pray it is not two because I was destabilized the day I was actually called by my sister that Maami is seriously sick while I just set out to write exam. In fact, I have another exam tomorrow. I have not read nothing from the material and still doubting my going because I prefer not to be absent for an exam than to write it and fail. So it is safe to rewrite it and get either A or B than to get an F. So in all of these many things have been jeopardized but again, nothing I do is worth one tenth of what she did for me.

Once more, I thank you very much for your genuity and care.[/b]

Cc: bellong

God will
Continue to strengthen you in your time of support Amen!!
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
Someone sent us #30,000 now. May God come to your aid at your point of need.

2 Likes

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
Really happy about the donations!

1 Like

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Alhamdullilah, its going gradually! Please no amount is too small cry

May God bless you abundantly
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
A male sent us 5,000. Blessings of God shall not cease in your household

1 Like

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nairalanders are angels God bless. Kareem please stop updating the amount, you are giving some dubious people ideas unknown to you. Why not figure out another way to thank them
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by agarawu23(m): 5:49am On Dec 29, 2016
Kazrem, I called u back later yesterday but u didn't pick. How much do u have now?

To those I called and responded immediately with what u av, may God bless you and your family.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Recoverd(f): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2016
She is healed in Jesus name.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by FIRIKI(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2016
Recoverd:
She is healed in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 11:27am On Dec 29, 2016
Thank you for your moral, spiritual and also financial support up to this stage. Special thanks to the donors at the early hour of today. A male/female who donated #2000, a male who gave us #10000, another male who gave us #5000 and a male/female who gave us #5000. The.money for the surgery, blood and pre surgery test is complete and we have made the payment. Blood and other things are ready and they too have confirmed it. So we await the surgery to take place any time from today. We pray they do it between today and tomorrow. Please we need your more prayers. Again, thank you all. God is your best rewarder.

We were hinted she would either use wheelchair or artificial but we also await what Orthopedics and Doctors will say to that. Whichever one they say, I will update and let you all know and the cost.

1 Like 10 Shares

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Aminat508(f): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2016
Alhamdullilah!! !
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by winetapper: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
It will end with Praise smiley
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by baby124: 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wow, thank God for NL'ers. Wishing mama a quick and swift recovery. I hope the psychological aspect of losing her legs is also considered and she is given proper counseling. That is a big life change. It is well with her.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Funjosh(m): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
The good Lord will perfect everything concerning mama in Jesus Name.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by FIRIKI(m): 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
You are not alone, Bro! Your Nairaland family is solidly behind you. I know what you are going through. Stay strong, and focussed, mum needs you now. Baba God is with you and your family all the way. Your mum is healed in Jesus name, Amen!

I am very proud of NLers, we are one people, may God continue to bless our hustle and provide for us, in Jesus name, Amen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
Thanks to a donor who gave us 10,000 this morning. We need prayers please..
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 2:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
Update.
I don't think this thing will be done today. Maybe tomorrow sha which I doubt too because its weekend. A nurse told me now that today is the Doctors' whatever. Then I went to meet the man that helped hasten the scan last week and he said I should let him know if they do not do it today. Now I have to wait till around 4 to know what to do. Do we not have people here who can help us contact them to do it today or tomorrow worst case. I was extremely bitter when I saw the leg this morning when they dressed it.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Tbells91(f): 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
Subhanallah! May Allah grant her good health and relief.. May He ease your affairs and help you overcome this test!
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by winetapper: 5:33am On Jan 02, 2017
Happy new Year, blessed and prosperous new Year I wish to Mama and every other supporting either financially or with Your Prayers, 2017 will be a Joyful year. God bless
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Funjosh(m): 6:05am On Jan 02, 2017
winetapper:
Happy new Year, blessed and prosperous new Year I wish to Mama and every other supporting either financially or with Your Prayers, 2017 will be a Joyful year. God bless

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Kazrem(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2017
I have been emotionally down than ever since yesterday. I don't even know what to do again. These people want me to loose hope which will never happen. You would recall we paid the surgery money on Thursday and hasten everything she needed for it. They did say on last week Wednesday (even before Thursday that we paid) that the operation could be done any time between that Thursday and this week. Our minds was put to rest when a Doctor confirmed it on Monday that it will be done on Thursday this week only for one other doctor to come yesterday and said it is next week Monday owing to insufficient blood of Maami that she will need another pint before the operation. Haba why na? It was after they did PCV for her which was 27 then that she collected a pint of blood na. Does that mean it has not increased? I do not believe him. But he was lucky I wasn't there yesterday. My sister was. So in a nutshell, the surgery now on Monday.
Please medics in the house, help us in anyway you can. This thing is getting too long and the pain is getting more severe. By that Monday, it would be a week she has been there not counting the number of days she spent in Epe general hospital.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by wristbangle: 7:45am On Jan 04, 2017
So sorry about the situation kazrem. Don't despair, don't loose hope.

Can we have medical practitioners in the house to explain what kazrem just stated above by his doctor? I don't understand what's going on either. sad cry
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by okirewaju(f): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2017
Stay strong Kaz. I think it is important her pcv rise up to a level before the operation takes place.

If only you can get a medical personnel to speak to the person in charge to explain in medical terms whatever is going on.
Re: Help Save Mama Kazeem by Swissheart(f): 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2017
Kazeem Pls stay strong ehn. Our prayers are with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Deleted Post / Things You Did In The Kitchen As A Kid / Best Advice/quotes Mum Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.