Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Mathew 10:34 (20635 Views)

Rev. Father Mathew Orie Beaten, Hospitalised Over N500 In Ebonyi State. Photos / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by jodavid(m): 8:17am On Dec 11, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

God is a scam

Jesus Christ is a scam

Religion is a scam

Bible (story book) is a scam

You are a Scam.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by paradigmshift(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2016
when will u guys raise an Islamic topic lol..
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Colynho3d(m): 8:23am On Dec 11, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
Seun osewa u are a wicked man

God almighty will judge you, for rubbishing the Christian Dom, u hatred for Christian u will surely be punished someday.

u claim to be atheist but support Islam
Lest you forget, nairaland is just a platform created to decimate Christianity, thereby initiating gullible minds into ATHEISM.
I rarely comment on this forum but I always observe.

u censored their thread but allow Muslims and atheist to come rubbish our thread

I have something to tell u, u can't stop the gospel

even Islam have tried they failed
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 11, 2016
It is well
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by VLadipo: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2016
This scripture has been properly expounded in the link below. You can click to read it:

http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails2.php?devotional=scripturesexpounded&&id=401
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by bobbybrown007: 8:32am On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Mathew 10:34

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Did you read the above verse? That verse has been misunderstood by many people in this world. Majority of them wonder why a well known peaceful man like Yahshua could utter such words. Non-Christians have often used that verse out of context to say that Christ supports terrorism and wasn't as peaceful as Christians portray him.

To understand the above verse, we have to understand certain things which will explain the verse better and show how misconstrued the verse has been in the hands of malicious people. Be patient enough to read the below story.

Kareem was born into a devoted Non-Christian family in the Middle East. He loved his God with all his earth and did his best to please him by not questioning the faith as restricted by his religion. However, he stumbled on a Christian book that changed him forever. He started seeing things differently. But the only problem he had was his family members and most especially his country. The punishment his religion prescribes for anyone that leaves it is DEATH.

His father was the first to notice that he has stopped praying and attending their religious house. When he was asked why, he remembered the words of Christ in Mathew 10: 33 which says

"But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."

Kareem couldn't help but confess to his father about his new faith. His father sparked with rage and went straight to the religious house. Little did Kareem know of what his father was up to. Two hours later, a large mob with sticks and stones were gathered in front of his house calling for his head for abandoning their religion. Thank God for the back door, he would have been dead by now. He still couldn't believe his father could want him dead for having a different religious opinion. END

Now that you've read the story, let's see how it relates to the verse. Remember I told you of how the verse is always quoted out of context by malicious people who quote that verse without reading further for more understanding. Let's see the verse again and the succeeding verses. Be patient enough to read through.

Mathew 10:34-39

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.
38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.
39 “He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

From the above verses, we can see that the sword Christ was speaking of is the type that divides. In the case of Kareem, his love for Yahshua the Messiah has divided or separated him from his family as he can no longer visit them cos doing that will be his death. He has decided to be worthy of Christ by obeying verse 37. Same thing applies when you are redeemed from a pagan family, their lifestyle will no longer make sense to you. They won't want you in their midst anymore. That is the division that the sword of Yahshua brings, not the sword that beheads or cuts human parts.

I hope you now understand the verse very well. If you still haven't, then ask yourself these questions:
1. How come he preached turning the other cheek?
2. How come he prayed for his killers while he was on the cross?
3. How come his message was always love?
4. How come he didn't kill anybody but ressurected a dead man?
5. How come he rebuked Peter for using a knife on a soldier whom he later healed?

I could go on and on...and if at this moment you still dont understand the verse and entire passage, then it means you are not being sincere with yourself.

Peace
but remember his way are not like our ways, bile said no man should add or subtract from his word so that it won't be used against you
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by OlajumokeBread(f): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2016
hemartins:

One day, you will preach the gospel.

Yes, in my dream
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Colynho3d(m): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2016
JesusmyGod1:

God almighty will judge you, for rubbishing the Christian Dom, u hatred for Christian u will surely be punished someday.

Lest you forget, nairaland is just a platform created to decimate Christianity, thereby initiating gullible minds into ATHEISM.
I rarely comment on this forum but I always observe.

u censored their thread but allow Muslims and atheist to come rubbish our thread

They created this forum 'nairaland' in a bid to decimate Christianity and initiate as many as possible into ATHEISM and other available religion.
When a thread is created in other religion, it suffers less or no attack, but check what happens when a thread is created on Christianity or Christ, then check the intensity of attacks it receives within seconds.
You'll see the new atheist "recruts" shouting upandan: "religion is Sam, god doesn't exist, what if I tell you heaven doesn't exist" Etc
Even some recent nairaland members have joined the lot.
Since God "doesn't" exist like you claim, why not leave the thread alone. I don't waste my time opening any topic that wouldn't effect my life positively.
Whether you praise Him or not, He is still God. And may God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Captain001(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2016
An2elect2:
cheesy Nicely said.

God also creates a divide between genuine Christians and church goers/nominal christians.

I have had to part ways with many who have professed to know Christ but deny Him in their deeds. And many are now my enemies grin

My sister you have well spoken. Christianity of total separation from the world is key to heaven.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by bobbybrains(m): 8:36am On Dec 11, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

God is a scam

Jesus Christ is a scam

Religion is a scam

Bible (story book) is a scam

"Hosea 4:6..says..my people perish for a lack of knowledge."

I pray my scam God forgives and show you the light.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Halo22: 8:41am On Dec 11, 2016
The truth be told, the reality of life is now sacrificed on the altar of religion. People now misunderstood themselves because of their doctrinal differences. But the question still remains, who are those people that have been writing and rewriting the bible? Cos they are the cause of this problems.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Segadem(m): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2016
lonelydora:
Seun, put a creed on Christian threads just like you did to Muslim threads. Stop allowing non christians to post rubbish on our thread.
will he ever do that? I guess he's the same line with them

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by ambush: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2016
ALL WE NEED IS LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOUR SELF.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by ngolokante(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2016
This is a very lame attempt at distortion of facts... All the verses from 34 - 39 say nothing peaceful. In fact what the author has just done is to highlight other verses in the Bible that promote violence and rancor... all the quoted verses are about violence and turning parents against children and children against parents... I saw someone referring to Qur'an Chapter 2 verse 191 as a justification of violence in Islam, but you see a liar and an hypocrite will always be one... If you read that particular verse from beginning to the end, one would find clear directives that if hostilities is ceased towards the Muslims, then they should also stop immediately... And till now no Christian preacher of Islam being a violent religion has been able to disprove the fact that there is no place in the Qur'an where there is reference to armed struggle and the verse immediately preceding or succeeding that verse does not order an immediate ceasation hostilities and for people to coexist in peace... I hate dabbling into this topic of pointing out violence in Islam and Christianity, but some people like the author of this post have deliberately set out to misinform people, set people against each other and vilify others that don't accept their faith, but as a true Muslim I know for a fact that that is not what Christianity is about... What sort of a person would wake up on a Sunday morning and rather than go to Church and read his Bible, he comes on air and tries to spread discord... Shame on him!.... Why can't we just live in peace and love our neighbours like we love ourselves? I find so much relief and comfort in what the person above me said... All we need is love, tolerance and understanding...

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by ngolokante(m): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2016
ambush:
ALL WE NEED IS LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOUR SELF.

God bless you a million fold sir... Happy Sunday
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Sike(m): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2016
Hmm. Religion sha
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by VastFinder: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Mathew 10:34

Did you read the above verse? That verse has been misunderstood by many people in this world. Majority of them wonder why a well known peaceful man like Yahshua could utter such words.

Non-Christians have often used that verse out of context to say that Christ supports terrorism and wasn't as peaceful as Christians portray him.

To understand the above verse, we have to understand certain things which will explain the verse better and show how misconstrued the verse has been in the hands of malicious people. Be patient enough to read the below story.

Kareem was born into a devoted Non-Christian family in the Middle East. He loved his God with all his earth and did his best to please him by not questioning the faith as restricted by his religion.

However, he stumbled on a Christian book that changed him forever. He started seeing things differently. But the only problem he had was his family members and most especially his country. The punishment his religion prescribes for anyone that leaves it is DEATH.

His father was the first to notice that he has stopped praying and attending their religious house. When he was asked why, he remembered the words of Christ in Mathew 10: 33 which says

"But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven."

Kareem couldn't help but confess to his father about his new faith. His father sparked with rage and went straight to the religious house. Little did Kareem know of what his father was up to. Two hours later, a large mob with sticks and stones were gathered in front of his house calling for his head for abandoning their religion.

Thank God for the back door, he would have been dead by now. He still couldn't believe his father could want him dead for having a different religious opinion. END

Now that you've read the story, let's see how it relates to the verse. Remember I told you of how the verse is always quoted out of context by malicious people who quote that verse without reading further for more understanding. Let's see the verse again and the succeeding verses. Be patient enough to read through.

Mathew 10:34-39

35 “For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;

36 and A MAN’S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.

37 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

38 “And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

39 “He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.

From the above verses, we can see that the sword Christ was speaking of is the type that divides. In the case of Kareem, his love for Yahshua the Messiah has divided or separated him from his family as he can no longer visit them cos doing that will be his death. He has decided to be worthy of Christ by obeying verse 37. Same thing applies when you are redeemed from a pagan family, their lifestyle will no longer make sense to you. They won't want you in their midst anymore. That is the division that the sword of Yahshua brings, not the sword that beheads or cuts human parts.

I hope you now understand the verse very well. If you still haven't, then ask yourself these questions:
1. How come he preached turning the other cheek?
2. How come he prayed for his killers while he was on the cross?
3. How come his message was always love?
4. How come he didn't kill anybody but ressurected a dead man?
5. How come he rebuked Peter for using a knife on a soldier whom he later healed?

I could go on and on...and if at this moment you still dont understand the verse and entire passage, then it means you are not being sincere with yourself.

Peace!
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by victorazy(m): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:
confused hypocrite! So u can understand when a verse is in it context??but when it comes to the Quran u turn your face?
Your explanation is what I call complete nonsense, u are busy contradicting yourself without even realizing it.. most of you Paulians r suffering from Cognitive dissonance.

So r u now trying to tell us that the God of OT is different from NT??

Exo. 22: 20 "He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed"

I know whom ur father is, he is the father of all lies (John 8: 44) grin
"
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Splinz(m): 9:10am On Dec 11, 2016
JesusmyGod1:

Calm down bro... Seun and friends are not damned but simply not 'called' yet.

Do not get mad at them nor get worried about their seeming attacks. I tell you, they can't do jack to the body of Christ!

Seun, we'll all rejoice to see your days as a child of God. Cheers...
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Aminusanti is up to his old tricks of derailing a thread by posting irrelevant pictures of scriptures taken out of context. grin

That Exodus 22:20 is something you pulled out of context just as you always do concerning the verse the OP just explained. Now, let me explain this verse shortly. If you read Exodus from Chapter 20 down to Chapter 22, you will notice that Moses was given out a commandment to the Nation of ISRAEL only, which doesn't count for other nations. It was like their constitution.

God wanted to preserve the nation of ISRAEL and in order to do that, he had to ensure that they don't go after foreign gods which are actually Satan in disguise. Worshipping other gods would lead them astray from produces the main goal which is the Messiah. Now that they have produced the Messiah, such law that orders the killing of any ISRAELite that worships other god is no longer used. That's why we have gays, pagans and even Muslims in Israel today.

As for the Quran verse you showed in the picture, how come there are several verses that contradict that one?

“Kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them, and blockade them, and watch for them at every lookout...” (Quran 9:5).

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

5:51“O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them. Allah guides not the people of the evildoers.”

9:73
“O Prophet, struggle with the unbelievers and hypocrites, and be thou harsh with them; their refuge is Gehenna — an evil homecoming!”

9:123 “O believers, fight the unbelievers who are near to you; and let them find in you a harshness; and know that Allah is with the godfearing.”

48:29 “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful one to another.”

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Now, compare all these above verses with the Quran verse in the picture below and tell me if the Quran is not contradictory or deceitful.
islam is a religion of peace;that applies to only "faithful"(shias n shiites still blow up each others mosques) muslims
in the OT God destroyed many nations to establish Isreal n when Christ died in the NT he went to hades to offer salvation to the saints from past, Gods ways are nt mans ways,stop judging God by ur standards
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by MKO4ever(m): 9:44am On Dec 11, 2016
Halo22:
The truth be told, the reality of life is now sacrificed on the altar of religion. People now misunderstood themselves because of their doctrinal differences. But the question still remains, who are those people that have been writing and rewriting the bible? Cos they are the cause of this problems.

keywords: "Rewriting, rewriting, rewriting rewriting and rewriting"
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by bilal4riid(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Aminusanti is up to his old tricks of derailing a thread by posting irrelevant pictures of scriptures taken out of context. grin

That Exodus 22:20 is something you pulled out of context just as you always do concerning the verse the OP just explained. Now, let me explain this verse shortly. If you read Exodus from Chapter 20 down to Chapter 22, you will notice that Moses was given out a commandment to the Nation of ISRAEL only, which doesn't count for other nations. It was like their constitution.

God wanted to preserve the nation of ISRAEL and in order to do that, he had to ensure that they don't go after foreign gods which are actually Satan in disguise. Worshipping other gods would lead them astray from produces the main goal which is the Messiah. Now that they have produced the Messiah, such law that orders the killing of any ISRAELite that worships other god is no longer used. That's why we have gays, pagans and even Muslims in Israel today.

As for the Quran verse you showed in the picture, how come there are several verses that contradict that one?

“Kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them, and blockade them, and watch for them at every lookout...” (Quran 9:5).

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

5:51“O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them. Allah guides not the people of the evildoers.”

9:73
“O Prophet, struggle with the unbelievers and hypocrites, and be thou harsh with them; their refuge is Gehenna — an evil homecoming!”

9:123 “O believers, fight the unbelievers who are near to you; and let them find in you a harshness; and know that Allah is with the godfearing.”

48:29 “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful one to another.”

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Now, compare all these above verses with the Quran verse in the picture below and tell me if the Quran is not contradictory or deceitful.
Help me explain the verses below.
Chronicles 25:12
The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces.(NASB)

Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open . (NRSV
1 Samuel 15:3,8
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys .’ ” … He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword .(NIV)
Joshua 8:24-26
When the Israelite army finished chasing and killing all the men of Ai in the open fields, they went back and finished off everyone inside. So the entire population of Ai, including men and women, was wiped out that day—12,000 in all. For Joshua kept holding out his spear until everyone who had lived in Ai was completely destroyed . (NLT)
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by realmindz: 9:47am On Dec 11, 2016
Matthew 15 vs 24

He answered, “I WAS ONLY SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.”
The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the gentile dogs.”

After reading this verse, I wonder why african Christians still believe a dead Jew from an ancient village in the middle East died for them..

For those who dont know, dog was a racial word used by the Jews. Your chisos was a racist, his father Yaweh a tribal war lord

Mental slavery is a disease
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by mostee4all(m): 9:55am On Dec 11, 2016
The Lord is and remains a man of peace as can be seen in that Book of John 14 vs 27
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Samsonklin(m): 10:05am On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Am happy for you. This same division occurs when you stop moving with weed smokers, drunkards, thugs, clubbers, etc all because you accepted Christ. They find your new life strange and a threat to their way of life. This makes them cut ties with you.

I hope my Muslim brothers like friendchoice aminusanti Empire udatso rilwayne001 etc can now clearly understand the verse and will henceforth stop trying to use it to claim that Christ was a terrorist or justify Islamic terror. If any of you has viewed this thread without disproving its content, then you will be a totally dishonest person if you keep using this verse to tarnish the body of Christ.
but do not forget that Christ came for d sinners, those weed smokers, prostitutes, armed robbers n d likes.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 11, 2016
And how did you know ur opinion is right?
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2016
olutop:

Bible preaches violence according to you but xtians dnt kill in the name of Jesus while Quran preaches peace nd muslims kill in the name of Allah.....dere seems to be a 'problem somewhere', maybe how we both understand our God
when u start using ur brain u can quote me..but ask urself dis questions first
*If muslim r to kill in the name of Allah do u think u will be here to type dis nonsense?
* where is it mentioned in quran to kill as you claim?
it's really obvious the way u pple r displaying ignorance thinking that u r making sence and the same Quran that u r deliberately misquoted makes everything crystal clear

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by CXLVII: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2016
Re we talking about a God that just killed his worshippers right inside the church in Uyo

Why so much hype an imagination that we all know fully well doesn't exist!
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 10:56am On Dec 11, 2016
bilal4riid:

Help me explain the verses below.
Chronicles 25:12
The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces.(NASB)

Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open . (NRSV
1 Samuel 15:3,8
Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys .’ ” … He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword .(NIV)
Joshua 8:24-26
When the Israelite army finished chasing and killing all the men of Ai in the open fields, they went back and finished off everyone inside. So the entire population of Ai, including men and women, was wiped out that day—12,000 in all. For Joshua kept holding out his spear until everyone who had lived in Ai was completely destroyed . (NLT)
As you can see, those were the children of ISRAEL as a nation doing battle against their enemies. Those aren't commands nor a they for Christians and non-israelites to obey.

Read their entire chapter for more understanding
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by uzoexcel(m): 11:01am On Dec 11, 2016
Here's my confusion
What makes Israel so different that entire nation's v to be annihilated? I thought it was the same God that created everyone...who created the ammonites the hittites the edomites etc

And if God has been rootingfor Israel all this years, why is the black man rooting for him since we are not Israelites or did something change?

alBHAGDADI:
You never understood the Bible and still don't want to make any effort to. Even when facts and truth are placed in front of you, you will still prefer to listen to the Quran which tells you the Bible is corrupted.

You can't prove how I have contradicted myself. When next you make a remark, Pls back it up with explanation.

The mission of the God of the old testament was to protect the nation of ISRAEL from the neighboring nations whom Satan regularly influences to try to destroy Israel. Same thing is occurring in our time as we can see the nations surrounding ISRAEL all trying to destroy it e.g Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iran Saudi Arabia etc, majority of whom took part in the 6 day war and are financiers of Hezbollah.

If God didn't protect ISRAEL then, those evil nations of old would have destroyed it, a thing that would have prevented the coming of the Messiah which happened through Israel.

As for the Quran, all its commands were war against non-believers and forceful islamization of nations. An example is how Dan fodio brought Islam to Nigeria and converted your ancestors using a sword.

How come you have never been able to explain to us how we took out of context your Quran commands to kill? And how come you cannot dispute the OP? hope you now see the true meaning of that verse.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2016
realmindz:
Matthew 15 vs 24

He answered, “I WAS ONLY SENT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.”
The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.
He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the gentile dogs.”

After reading this verse, I wonder why african Christians still believe a dead Jew from an ancient village in the middle East died for them..

He was only sent to the Israelites at that time, cos he had to save his people first before others. The moment he resurrected, he sent his disciples to go save other nations.

Mathew 28:19

"Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by realmindz: 11:11am On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
He was only sent to the Israelites at that time, cos he had to save his people first before others. The moment he resurrected, he sent his disciples to go save other nations.

Mathew 28:19

"Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,"

so his mission changed after he died?

Or Jesus did not understand what he came for at first, or was he confused. And why cant make it clear he came for the world.?

I read and understood clearly. I CAME ONLY FOR THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL.

Are u an Israelite?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: 'Money Doesn't Give Joy' - (video) / Please I Need Trinitarians To Explain Hebrews 1:1-3 For Me / Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.