Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Mathew 10:34 (20634 Views)

Rev. Father Mathew Orie Beaten, Hospitalised Over N500 In Ebonyi State. Photos / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:

Any proof for this ur false claim?

tru d help of litrate muslims after he memorized all the verses revealed to him from Allah tru Angel jibril
Whenever mohammad wanted to fool the Arabs into doing his selfish bidding, he will quickly say what he wants from them and claim Allah just revealed it to him.

Sharp guy. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:

most of ur arguements r repeated..do u think i have time for all that..plss
I will keep repeating them as long as you are unable to counter the argument and keep running away from them just like you are doing now.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by jidxin(m): 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:

Proof for the phrase highlighted pls
his uncle who was a trader left him in care of a xtian monk.. like a foster parent?
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
jidxin:
his uncle who was a trader left him in care of a xtian monk.. like a foster parent?
nope i doubt if u got the msg correct
wikipedia can help with few clicks or refer to the link here
[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira [/url]

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
I will keep repeating them as long as you are unable to counter the argument and keep running away from them just like you are doing now.
Islam hater u got nothin to present here other than lies n false claims..

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Whenever mohammad wanted to fool the Arabs into doing his selfish bidding, he will quickly say what he wants from them and claim Allah just revealed it to him.

Sharp guy. grin
k

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:
Islam hater u got nothin to present here other than lies n false claims..

Exactly He cannot engage in real dialogue with proofs, only lies and what my pastor says or post on Internet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 6:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

Exactly He cannot engage in real dialogue with proofs, only lies and what my pastor says or post on Internet.
Mind you, I have no pastor.

How come the soldiers of Allah haven't been able to dispute the OP? grin
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by timothyuche1(m): 6:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
God is good
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by fejikudz(m): 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice 1
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by adontcare(f): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

God is a scam

Jesus Christ is a scam

Religion is a scam

Bible (story book) is a scam
may wisdom locate u.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by OlajumokeBread(f): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
adontcare:
may wisdom locate u.

May thunder locate you
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Rilwayne001: 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Mind you, I have no pastor.

How come the soldiers of Allah haven't been able to dispute the OP? grin

What is to dispute in the OP?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by TundeEinstein(m): 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Aminusanti is up to his old tricks of derailing a thread by posting irrelevant pictures of scriptures taken out of context. grin

That Exodus 22:20 is something you pulled out of context just as you always do concerning the verse the OP just explained. Now, let me explain this verse shortly. If you read Exodus from Chapter 20 down to Chapter 22, you will notice that Moses was given out a commandment to the Nation of ISRAEL only, which doesn't count for other nations. It was like their constitution.

God wanted to preserve the nation of ISRAEL and in order to do that, he had to ensure that they don't go after foreign gods which are actually Satan in disguise. Worshipping other gods would lead them astray from produces the main goal which is the Messiah. Now that they have produced the Messiah, such law that orders the killing of any ISRAELite that worships other god is no longer used. That's why we have gays, pagans and even Muslims in Israel today.

As for the Quran verse you showed in the picture, how come there are several verses that contradict that one?

“Kill the idolaters wherever you find them, and capture them, and blockade them, and watch for them at every lookout...” (Quran 9:5).

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

5:51“O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Whoso of you makes them his friends is one of them. Allah guides not the people of the evildoers.”

9:73
“O Prophet, struggle with the unbelievers and hypocrites, and be thou harsh with them; their refuge is Gehenna — an evil homecoming!”

9:123 “O believers, fight the unbelievers who are near to you; and let them find in you a harshness; and know that Allah is with the godfearing.”

48:29 “Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are hard against the unbelievers, merciful one to another.”

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Now, compare all these above verses with the Quran verse in the picture below and tell me if the Quran is not contradictory or deceitful.

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by TundeEinstein(m): 8:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:
confused hypocrite! So u can understand when a verse is in it context??but when it comes to the Quran u turn your face?
Your explanation is what I call complete nonsense, u are busy contradicting yourself without even realizing it.. most of you Paulians r suffering from Cognitive dissonance.

So r u now trying to tell us that the God of OT is different from NT??
please stop lying and turn to God for forgiveness,, Exodus 22:20 never said that please look below for corrections and apologize to God your creator

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by globa: 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by ItzHoludex(m): 10:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
Seun osewa u are a wicked man

God almighty will judge you, for rubbishing the Christian Dom, u hatred for Christian u will surely be punished someday.

u claim to be atheist but support Islam

u censored their thread but allow Muslims and atheist to come rubbish our thread

I have something to tell u, u can't stop the gospel

even Islam have tried they failed

dats to show dat dey knw d truth bt don't want to accept it
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by jidxin(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:
nope i doubt if u got the msg correct
wikipedia can help with few clicks or refer to the link here
[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira [/url]
not dat1 ....that was later in his life....go find out more
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
TundeEinstein:
please stop lying and turn to God for forgiveness,, Exodus 22:20 never said that please look below for corrections and apologize to God your creator
so, it means we both have different bible then, read what my one says..
Tell us how whats DESTROY stands for?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 10:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
jidxin:
not dat1 ....that was later in his life....go find out more
I thought u already have the complete story why not share just like I did earlier? wink

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
FriendChoice:

yea sure. He thought he can come up here lie and get away with it. The liar is running out of ideas sef . His days r numbered.

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by jidxin(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
aminusanti:
I thought u already have the complete story why not share just like I did earlier? wink
I want u to understand it step by step I hardly argue on religious tenets. ...
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by tuna4servi(m): 12:29am On Dec 12, 2016
Jesus was only talking about his second coming back,dat it's not going to be for peace but judgement. Don't ignore much on dis issue. Jesus Christ said my people perish because dey lack knowledge
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by gemale(m): 12:55am On Dec 12, 2016
lonelydora:
Seun, put a creed on Christian threads just like you did to Muslim threads. Stop allowing non christians to post rubbish on our thread.
No dt wldnt be necessary. We wld only be descending 2 their level if we do dt. Our God doesn't teach us 2 stone or behead pple who blaspheme his name. He teaches dt he wld fight 4 us & we shall hold our peace & dt no 1 is beyond his mercy. Afta all, didn't He convert Saul, 1 of D most avid persecutors of D early church in2 Paul, 1 of D greatest Christian preachers & scholars dt ever lived who even laid his lyf down 4 d sake of Christ?

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by gemale(m): 12:59am On Dec 12, 2016
NinjaX:
Matthew 10:34

Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the world. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Sword = Strife

Time and again, this simple but concise verse starkly betrays the grand scheme of christianity which is none other than to spread disunity, war, conflict, pains and disaster in its wake.

I bet God is damn satisfied with the way things are going.

The sad part though is that our Christian brethren would still bend the meaning of the said verse into its metaphorical sense to further the cause of their movement.

Nothing in the bible is ever bad to them, provided Yahweh endorses it.

And just this time, yahweh is speaking in a figurative sense to show us he has a flair for literature. How sad. Lol.
Jesus regularly spoke in parables.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 4:25am On Dec 12, 2016
jidxin:
I want u to understand it step by step I hardly argue on religious tenets. ...
I don't have a complete story as u mentioned dat says our beloved prophet learned n plagiarize Bible from Monk Bahira thats why am asking u to share ur source even a link would do. Now even if I have to agree with u for argument sake , tell us few part of Quran that was borrowed / copied from bible

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 9:52am On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:
so, it means we both have different bible then, read what my one says
You are being malicious as can be seen in the screenshot of the Bible verse of exodus 22:20 which is quite different from the picture of the same verse posted by you.

In all Bible translations, that verse says anyone (among the Israelites) that SACRIFICES to another god should be destroyed. That was a law by Moses to the NATION of ISRAEL.

That is quite different from the lies you posted that says "Kill anyone who worships another god". No Bible version translates in that manner.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:
yea sure. He thought he can come up here lie and get away with it. The liar is running out of ideas sef . His days r numbered.
But you haven't been able to dispute what the opening post says.

Isn't it a shame on you and your Islamic horde that love to quote that verse out of context to as to justify your Mohammad's crime against humanity?
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
You are being malicious as can be seen in the screenshot of the Bible verse of exodus 22:20 which is quite different from the picture of the same verse posted by you.

In all Bible translations, that verse says anyone (among the Israelites) that SACRIFICES to another god should be destroyed. That was a law by Moses to the NATION of ISRAEL.

That is quite different from the lies you posted that says "Kill anyone who worships another god". No Bible version translates in that manner.
Are u still foolishly misinterpreting n confusing urself on Exodus 22:20?
How is my interpretation different from your KJV bible? Pls highlight d different and stop talkin nonsense here.
Your says
Exodus 22:20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed"

And I interpret it this way

" you must kill and destroy whoever worship another God"

I guess u r confused it says destroy. Is it?
If so read d pic below

And don't forget there r endless killing verses instructed by ur so called loving savior in ur bible

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 11:10am On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:

Are u still foolishly misinterpreting n confusing urself on Exodus 22:20?
How is my interpretation different from your KJV bible? Pls highlight d different and stop talkin nonsense here.
Your says
Exodus 22:20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed"

And I interpret it this way

" you must kill and destroy whoever worship another God"

I guess u r confused it says destroy. Is it?
If so read d pic below

And don't forget there r endless killing verses instructed by ur so called loving savior in ur bible
Who gave you the right to interpret the Bible to suit your malicious self? What you interpreted us obviously different from what the verse says in the Bible. I wonder why you decided to interpret the Bible according to your one fraudulent ways. Another problem you have is not recognizing that the verse was directed to the Israel nation. I bet the same way you and your Islamic terrorists quote out of context Mathew 10:34 is the same way you have quoted Exodus 22:20.You even made it worse by changing the words to suit your terrorist ideas. If you have read from the beginning of the chapter that houses that verse, you would have known that the verse only concerns ISRAEL and not Christians. Moreover, I wonder when you are going dispute Mathew 10:34. It is now clear that you cannot.

The verse says that any ISRAELite that sacrifices to another god should be destroyed. It didn't say that people who aren't Israelites should be destroyed for worshipping others gods.

But the way you maliciously translated that verse makes it seem like it is a command to go kill other nations who worship other gods and not Yahweh. You have added to the word of God by translating it into your making opus ways. This makes you a liar and liable to His punishment.

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 11:15am On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
But you haven't been able to dispute what the opening post says.

Isn't it a shame on you and your Islamic horde that love to quote that verse out of context to as to justify your Mohammad's crime against humanity?

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by TundeEinstein(m): 11:49am On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:
so, it means we both have different bible then, read what my one says..
Tell us how whats DESTROY stands for?
the verse says whoever sacrifices to any other *god* shall be destroyed,,, meaning same as not worshipping any other God. This isn't even complex to any extent neither is it too ambiguous to be comprehended. And how is what u have in your Bible same with what you posted and different from what I posted. I pray your lost soul finds its way back in Christ. There is no argument here brother this is clear enough .when the Word says destroy yes whatever exists outside God will perish and be destroyed that stands before anything .all the Quran verses posted up were confirmed but the Bible verse you posted is wrong! It isn't even in the Bible!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Prophesied and Warned: Paul is False Prophet/Messiah / What Is The Cost Of Sallah Ram In Your Area? / Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.