Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (477404 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 5:02am On Jan 23, 2017
vimma:
Uhmmm.. Please I need to know my chances. I just finished from UI department of microbiology, with a 2:1, my o level result is distinction for the 5 subject combination, and I want to re-apply to UI for medicine and surgery. Please do I stand a chance.. Or is there any better school? Because I Dont want to make a Mistake
for the fact that you finished from UI you have a greater chance. Hope it's a strong 2.1 tho. The mcb I know that were admitted although not from UI had 1st class
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by vimma(f): 6:58am On Jan 23, 2017
dearpiriye:
for the fact that you finished from UI you have a greater chance. Hope it's a strong 2.1 tho. The mcb I know that were admitted although not from UI had 1st class

Thanks dear. I haven't seen my final cgpa tho.. They didn't include that in final year book of life (you're in UI you know) and they haven't given us our transcript. So I also heard we need NYSC certificate to apply. I haven't gone for NYSC yet oo, but would be going by April. How would I go about that?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 10:47am On Jan 23, 2017
vimma:

Thanks dear. I haven't seen my final cgpa tho.. They didn't include that in final year book of life (you're in UI you know) and they haven't given us our transcript. So I also heard we need NYSC certificate to apply. I haven't gone for NYSC yet oo, but would be going by April. How would I go about that?
you just defer the admission till when you get it.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by borlarge(m): 7:02pm On Jan 23, 2017
Please, any "mechanical engineering" U.I students here
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 7:54pm On Jan 23, 2017
school : The polytechnic Ibadan
course : Mass Communication
grade : Upper Credit
level : ND
school aspiring for : I dont even know, i am confused after reading through different schools requirments here.
i was thinking of choosing Unilag as first choice and Delta State University as second choice, since UI does not have mass comm but CLA.
any one with a better advice should please help o.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cutiedave(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2017
Wuminity:
school aspiring for : I dont even know, i am confused after reading through different schools requirments here.
i was thinking of choosing Unilag as first choice and Delta State University as second choice, since UI does not have mass comm but CLA.
If u dont av distinction, i wont advise u pick unilag
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by neurosci: 10:11pm On Jan 23, 2017
Wuminity:

Why not go for CLA? it's even better than Mass Comm in the sense that it is broader. CLA is really good; go for it. They do everything Mass Common students do and even more.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 6:39am On Jan 24, 2017
cutiedave:

If u dont av distinction, i wont advise u pick unilag
Alright,,,,,, i was thinking of that too. I should have work harder and get Distinction o, Chai!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2017
neurosci:

Why not go for CLA? it's even better than Mass Comm in the sense that it is broader. CLA is really good; go for it. They do everything Mass Common students do and even more.
Realy? i never knew o.
I think i would do as you have said.
But, do you have an idea of the job opportunities available for a CLA graduate? before i go for it.
Thanks in Advance.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by neurosci: 9:02am On Jan 24, 2017
Wuminity:

Realy? i never knew o.
I think i would do as you have said.
But, do you have an idea of the job opportunities available for a CLA graduate? before i go for it.
Thanks in Advance.

Every job opportunity available for Mass Comm students is also available for CLA students. Do you know that UI has a radio station for her CLA students? This is the same as the UNILAG FM for UNILAG Mass Common students.

So, just imagine in your head where Mass Comm students can work and know that CLA students can work there too. But the language arts attached to it makes it even broader and gives more opportunity to CLA students, for example if you chose to travel abroad.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 9:25am On Jan 24, 2017
neurosci:

Every job opportunity available for Mass Comm students is also available for CLA students. Do you know that UI has a radio station for her CLA students? This is the same as the UNILAG FM for UNILAG Mass Common students.

So, just imagine in your head where Mass Comm students can work and know that CLA students can work there too. But the language arts attached to it makes it even broader and gives more opportunity to CLA students, for example if you chose to travel abroad.
Alright then,
Thanks alot, Though am not going to rely on DE alone, i will also apply into Polytechnic Ibadan for HND.
I realy appreciate.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by neurosci: 12:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Wuminity:

Alright then,
Thanks alot, Though am not going to rely on DE alone, i will also apply into Polytechnic Ibadan for HND.
I realy appreciate.

All right. Good luck to you!

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
Cla in UI is very very competitive. If you must apply please have a very strong upper credit.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2017
dearpiriye:
Cla in UI is very very competitive. If you must apply please have a very strong upper credit.
Alright dear, but do you by any means know how many DE students, admitted into the department last year?
So i can know how to adjust myself o.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 1:10am On Jan 25, 2017
Wuminity:

Alright dear, but do you by any means know how many DE students, admitted into the department last year?
So i can know how to adjust myself o.
I don't know of last year but year before last was 5-6.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 7:02am On Jan 26, 2017
dearpiriye:
I don't know of last year but year before last was 5-6.
Ok, thank you very much.
what remains for me is to find out if there is any other department that can do DE into CLA, and if there is none, that means i have hope.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by ibadanfinest(m): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2017
University of Ibadan revised undergraduate admission requirement for both utme and D.E

http://ui.edu.ng/news/revised-undergraduate-admission-requirements-2017
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 1:47pm On Feb 03, 2017
ibadanfinest:
University of Ibadan revised undergraduate admission requirement for both utme and D.E

http://ui.edu.ng/news/revised-undergraduate-admission-requirements-2017
Thanks bro, but its only 5 courses that's available there for now, or are there more to come?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by ibadanfinest(m): 3:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Wuminity:

Thanks bro, but its only 5 courses that's available there for now, or are there more to come?

other courses admiaaion requirements remain the same as it has been.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Papacypaul(m): 8:13pm On Feb 03, 2017
HND CIVIL ENGINEERING(UPPER CREDIT 4.17) FROM POLYIBADAN...graduated lastyr october ,have tried DE thrice with my ND to no avail, going for service in april and wil opt DE again but this time nothing less than 300lvl and that why am searching for universities that can guarantee me that ,though i found AAU(too much fee)

3 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by obontobolo(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hallo somebari
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by OLADIMEJI1000(m): 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hi,
Please can anyone onhere fill me in on Direct entry into UI to study MBBS?
(With specific interest as to the acceptance of B.sc Zoology.)
Thank you in anticipation...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Akins091(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2017
I had 3.6 from Fed.Poly Ede. But I want you to advice me on federal universities of tech that can be sure in giving me admission..DEPT: MEC. Engr
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2017
Akins091:
I had 3.6 from Fed.Poly Ede. But I want you to advice me on federal universities of tech that can be sure in giving me admission..DEPT: MEC. Engr
which year did you finish from Ede?

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Akjwyzepal(m): 2:00pm On Feb 11, 2017
Good day Guys
Direct entry type IJMB A/level
Point: 10points
course: Civil Engineering
asipiring: UNN
0 level: two B3, one C5, two c6 at 1 sitting
or four B3 and one C6 at 2sittings

PLS What are my chances of gaining admission to UNN, And Please do they accept IJMB. Anyone knows any1 studnt or lecturer their pls quote me, its urgent. Thanks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Akins091(m): 9:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
Koats14:
which year did you finish from Ede?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Akins091:

Awon ara South Campus. First of all, congratulations on your result. My advice is that the federal school most closest to your polytechnic will surely consider you first (based on past experiences). Which makes OAU your nearest doorstep to seek admission. Unilag only takes Distinction, will you try them? (though you'll face stiff competition from Yabatech students)

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Mrnoniz(m): 12:49am On Feb 13, 2017
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Akins091(m): 9:35am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks awa niyen ooo...but what abt futa, ui, futminna which of them is or are better
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Akins091(m): 9:38am On Feb 14, 2017
Koats14:
Awon ara South Campus. First of all, congratulations on your result. My advice is that the federal school most closest to your polytechnic will surely consider you first (based on past experiences). Which makes OAU your nearest doorstep to seek admission. Unilag only takes Distinction, will you try them? (though you'll face stiff competition from Yabatech students)
Thanks awa niyen ooo...but what abt futa, ui, futminna which of them is or are better
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2017
Akins091:
It is not about how better, it's all about securing an admission. If there was funds, going abroad or a state/private university will be your first choice.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by olalekan05: 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2017
School: polyibadab
School in view: OAU,funaab, unilag.
Cousre :civil engineering.
Grade: upper credit(HND )
Hw will i go about HND direct

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (230) (Reply)

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.