Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (477252 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by RandomHero(m): 11:31am On Jan 08, 2017
kunlex445:

Not for every candidates, it is for those who were admitted on PT doing their ND and for those whose admission is not recognize by jamb... for you to know if you need to do the ' Late application' or not, go to jamb site, click on check admission status and select the year u sit for the jamb. If it shows 'sorry No admission given yet' You need to regularized but if it shows otherwise, I.e congratulating you for a successful admission in your school, stating your course and duration,You need no regularization number....

I hope this help...
In the case where the congratulation was for another course? Like someone originally admitted for Mechanical Engineering but didn't have a complete O'level for it and was switched to Estate Management. If JAMB is displaying the admitted status for Mechanical Engineering and not the actual course, Estate Management, would one still need to do regularization?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cutiedave(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2017
Koats14:
Building Technology, Federal Polytechnic, Ede.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by RandomHero(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
cutiedave:
bro i would advise u to go to a skul where ur chances are higher...so ur distinction wont b a waste...
D same happened to me last yr...i thought with my distinction from yabatech and good olevel(B parallel) i could enter any skul...so i decided to pick u.i instead of unilag....i still regret dat decision everyday all ma other classmates with distinctions were admitted to unilag...

Just pick a skul where ur chances are higher...
To those who still think UI is absolutely transparent and would accept them if they meet JAMB's requirements, this is a case in point of what I've been reiterating. Good O'level, brilliant ND and yet...
I'll say it again, your ND/O'level must be super impressive to get in through DE. Either that or your "inside person" is very impressive.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2017
cutiedave:
bro i would advise u to go to a skul where ur chances are higher...so ur distinction wont b a waste...
D same happened to me last yr...i thought with my distinction from yabatech and good olevel(B parallel) i could enter any skul...so i decided to pick u.i instead of unilag....i still regret dat decision everyday all ma other classmates with distinctions were admitted to unilag...

Just pick a skul where ur chances are higher...
Thanks. So which course are you aspiring for?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by savvytouch(f): 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hello everyone, I am currently serving, a graduate of mcb oau(3.48) hoping to be admitted into U.I or unilag nursing through direct entry, pls what are my chances and how do i go about it. Thanks.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by ready4glory: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2017
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Knownpal(m): 5:07pm On Jan 09, 2017
JAMB REGULARISATION

Still on Jamb Regularisation. I am posting this so that all ND students and other concerned people will be aware of the process on time. There are more to it than paying, your school too will be involved.

Read the instructions from JAMB.

INSTRUCTION:LATE APPLICATION

1. You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.

2. Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.

3. Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.

4. Select “Late (Retroactive) Application”. This is available on the side bar

5. Once selected, the menu item “Late Application” will be revealed. Click this.

6. Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.

7. Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.

8. Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.

9. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.

10. The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.

11. Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
a. Year of Exam and
b. JAMB Registration Number

12. After entering the information correctly, the application form will be displayed. You are to fill the application form online. Please take note of mandatory fields.

13. Click Submit to complete your application

14. After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.

15. This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.

16. Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.

17. Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.

18. JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ajet001:

Pls is it still possible for one to cross from the department of physiology to the department of medicine and surgery ..
Pls if yes what are the qualifications..??
I'm waiting

Thanks God bless you
Ui
a strong cgpa and prayers
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by seyifunmi111: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2017
I graduated from Osunpoly in Iree with 3,29 cgpa in the department of Electrical and Electronics.. I have 4 b's and 3c's in my o level s but I don't know which uni to choose as I don't want much competition ..... I think lautech would have been better option if not for there strike..........
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brainiacadeboi(m): 2:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
I graduated from FEDPONAM with 3.6 cgpa in mech. Engineering. Schools in view: OAU, FUTA, FUTMINNA. which of these institutions do i av a better chance of gaining admission
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by savvytouch(f): 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
pls when will jamb D.E form be out o abeg o.... HELP!!!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cutiedave(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2017
savvytouch:
pls when will jamb D.E form be out o abeg o....
HELP!!!
Calm down lady....its still quite a long time from now...
D jambites haven't even started buying forms....so take a chill pill and wait till around april-may
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Geniustic(m): 6:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
The thread is moving ...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 1:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
brainiacadeboi:
I graduated from FEDPONAM with 3.6 cgpa in mech. Engineering.
Schools in view: OAU, FUTA, FUTMINNA.
which of these institutions do i av a better chance of gaining admission
Bro if u have strong O level,, you can go for oau... If not don't even near dem....
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by sooncornme(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
please house.........i had 3.61 in business administration and i wll lov to continue my education in university...please s there anbody who can help me with the university dat will accept me easily......
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2017
sooncornme:
please house.........i had 3.61 in business administration and i wll lov to continue my education in university...please s there anbody who can help me with the university dat will accept me easily......
what are the list of schools you have in mind?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2017
ready4glory:
Hello everyone, I am Glory, a graduate of UI. I read Sociology at UI and graduated with a CGPA of 3.6 (2:2). I don't want to pursue a Masters now so I'm thinking of applying to study Law via DE in either Uniosun or OOU. I have 2Bs and 3Cs in my O'level. What do you think?

Somebody please answer this person's question.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Daneezy: 9:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pls which university in the south, east, or west that accepts second choice and gives admission easily to upper students.

I'm going for geography and regional planning.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2017
Just successfully boosted my go from 2.45 to 3.20

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
ProudBlakFukBoi:
Just successfully boosted my go from 2.45 to 3.20
how were you able to achieve that..?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 15, 2017
01Alpha:
how were you able to achieve that..?

GP boost app, download on Google play store
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by edudguy(m): 10:33am On Jan 15, 2017
michkings:
I gained my OND on electrical/electronic engineering from Ronik polytechnic Lagos and my GP is 2.13, then I tried UNN this year but admission was not offered. So pls am confuse on what to do next year I.e the school I might apply.. PLEASE I NEED HELP....[color=#006600][/color]
I don't want to discourage you or sound pessimistic but 2.13 is below Upper Credit.. I think its below Lower Credit which is 2.5 to 2.9. UNN is a Federal University, they accept nothing less than 3.00 upward which is Upper Credit.. No Federal school that I know of accepts below Upper Credit except you did Diploma in the school.. State Universities accept 2.5 upwards..
But let me not be the bearer of bad news.. ask around and get more info

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2017
ProudBlakFukBoi:

GP boost app, download on Google play store
lol
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by michkings: 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
edudguy:
I don't want to discourage you or sound pessimistic but 2.13 is below Upper Credit.. I think its below Lower Credit which is 2.5 to 2.9. UNN is a Federal University, they accept nothing less than 3.00 upward which is Upper Credit.. No Federal school that I know of accepts below Upper Credit except you did Diploma in the school.. State Universities accept 2.5 upwards..
But let me not be the bearer of bad news.. ask around and get more info

Ok thanks..

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by richinvestor: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
I graduated in a federal polytechnic with lower credit (O.N.D) ....I'm planning to go for B.sc in a Federal university... My question now is that which federal university (especially in north) can accept lower credit student?...though I heard futminna accept lower credit (dnt knw how true is these)...thanks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by sooncornme(m): 10:21am On Jan 16, 2017
01Alpha:
what are the list of schools you have in mind?
olabisi
unilorin
funab
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 1:05pm On Jan 16, 2017
richinvestor:
I graduated in a federal polytechnic with lower credit (O.N.D) ....I'm planning to go for B.sc in a Federal university... My question now is that which federal university (especially in north) can accept lower credit student?...though I heard futminna accept lower credit (dnt knw how true is these)...thanks
futminna accepts lower but the competition is high.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
sooncornme:

olabisi
unilorin
funab
I advice you to choose funab because its less competitive among the three schools
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Koats14(m): 10:35am On Jan 17, 2017
01Alpha:
I advice you to choose funab because its less competitive among the three schools
Are you sure? Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye (OOU) is the only State University on that list and you're saying the competition is higher than that of a Federal School? #Adonbelivit
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by MrBati(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
pls fellow nairalanders what course can i study with the following olevel result Math B3 EngB3 GovtB3 EconsB3 CrsC4 and the correct jamb combination for it because my ignorance cost me my unadmitted to UI to study Philosophy with dis subjects as jamb combo Eng,govt,econs,math
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by vimma(f): 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hi everyone. Please when will the direct entry form for this year come out.. Or is it out already?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by vimma(f): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
Uhmmm.. Please I need to know my chances. I just finished from UI department of microbiology, with a 2:1, my o level result is distinction for the 5 subject combination, and I want to re-apply to UI for medicine and surgery. Please do I stand a chance.. Or is there any better school? Because I Dont want to make a Mistake

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (230) (Reply)

Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / 2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.