Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard (2298 Views)

Apple Sues Man For Repairing Spoilt Iphones Instead Of Making Them Buy New Ones / How To Solve The Issue Of Spoilt Sd Card / Help Needed! I Want To Retrieve My Files From My Spoilt X10S Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Niyonice(m): 3:05am On Dec 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I will be discussing on laptop and desktop keyboard today. A while ago, a client of mine brought in his laptop with the complain that most of the keypads aren’t working.
Which usually are caused by some factors that I’ll be discussing in my next post (5 CRUTIAL TO DO FOR A HEALTHY AND LONG LASTING PC).
Immediately I collected it from him, I took it into my room and start testing the excess of the keyboard damage but it was just few of the keyboard that are working

HOW I FIX IT
I then decided to start working on it since am not yet an established computer repairer so basically I don’t possess the tools and equipment you expect me to have.

LAYMAN METHOD TO REPAIR IT?
You will need some certain things to get it done
ð A bottle of methylated spirit
ð Hard brush
ð A heater, in this case I used the sun since I didn’t have any

HOW I USED IT?
ð I firstly removed the keyboard from the laptop (you only need to lose a screw at the back of the laptop in most computers)
ð I applied the methylated spirit on the affected keypads
ð Then I used the hard brush to scrub the affected areas till the spirit dries off
ð You can do same for the back of the keyboard too
ð I then Placed the keyboard in the sun to dry up and heat up for up to (1hrs), depending on how sunny your area is

WHAT ELSE?
What else? Just fix the keyboard back and test if its working fine, if it doesn’t leave it for some minutes and keep pressing it till it heats up from the heat generated from the computer fan and start working smoothly.
if otherwise, repeat the procedure again by applying more methylated spirit and leaving it for more hours to dry up.

source: http://techubng..com.ng/2016/12/pc-tips-how-to-repair-spoilt-laptop.html

4 Likes

Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by kelvinatkins(m): 3:48am On Dec 11, 2016
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by boss1310(m): 6:38am On Dec 11, 2016
thank you.my two"shift"key pad stop working yesterday,this is helpful
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Kizyte(m): 8:08am On Dec 11, 2016
boss1310:
thank you.my two"shift"key pad stop working yesterday,this is helpful
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Kizyte(m): 8:09am On Dec 11, 2016
Bros, I'm a Computer Engineer, the keyboard is a replaceable part and can't be fixed with the above mentioned method. Simply replace your Laptop Keyboard.
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by veekid(m): 8:20am On Dec 11, 2016
Informative
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by computerboy: 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
Kizyte:
Bros, I'm a Computer Engineer, the keyboard is a replaceable part and can't be fixed with the above mentioned method. Simply replace your Laptop Keyboard.

I'm about to say the same thing. The truth about computer repairs is that it's not actually repairing but replacing.

1 Like

Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
computerboy:

I'm about to say the same thing. The truth about computer repairs is that it's not actually repairing but replacing.
when I first saw the thread I was like hmmmm, but on a second thought this might work but 5% out of 100% .

computer repairs is not all about replacing,depends on what you're working on in the computer.
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by computerboy: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
udemzy101:

when I first saw the thread I was like hmmmm, but on a second thought this might work but 5% out of 100% .

computer repairs is not all about replacing,depends on what you're working on in the computer.

On the long run, replacing saves you money & stress than repairing. That's why it's highly recommended in CompTIA A+
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2016
computerboy:

On the long run, replacing saves you money & stress than repairing. That's why it's highly recommended in CompTIA A+

Like i said earlier it depends, let's say your laptop refuse to charge even though it write plug in charging, will u change the board for over #20,000 depending on the model and repairing it for at least #5000?

just like HP 15 head carcass that get broken easily if u open or close with force, u can decide to give a good engineer to help u work it for #3000-#5000 or buy a new head carcass for #15000 without the hinges.

buying a new one doesn't mean it won't get the same fault again if u don't open or close it well.

replacing doesn't really save money, it only save u from stress.
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Princepoint(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
how mush spirit would you buy
Petrol and tiner can serve as alternative
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by willian10: 5:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
Informative...
I tried this with my PS vita button some years back, e no still work sha, but e fit work for keyboard sha
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by bacco2000(m): 5:52am On Dec 12, 2016
This same thing happened to my keyboard some times ago, I noticed my laptop brings some unnecessary infos on startup and will refuse to boot, till I removed the keyboard and see the system is working fine.

I removed all the keys to the point that I can see the flexible panel, I tried cleaning with spirit, even kerosene and dried.

But it refused to work, instead the process worsen the case of the keyboard.

I just save myself the stress of repairing and get a new keyboard for just 3k.

Fixed it and viola my system resumes work without complaints.
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 12, 2016
bacco2000:
This same thing happened to my keyboard some times ago, I noticed my laptop brings some unnecessary infos on startup and will refuse to boot, till I removed the keyboard and see the system is working fine.

I removed all the keys to the point that I can see the flexible panel, I tried cleaning with spirit, even kerosene and dried.

But it refused to work, instead the process worsen the case of the keyboard.

I just save myself the stress of repairing and get a new keyboard for just 3k.

Fixed it and viola my system resumes work without complaints.

A bad keyboard will make your system to malfunction, giving u unnecessary sound, cursor not working properly, windows not opening well or slow down etc.

what the OP might work but 99% of the time changing the keyboard is the best option.
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by Niyonice(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
udemzy101:

A bad keyboard will make your system to malfunction, giving u unnecessary sound, cursor not working properly, windows not opening well or slow down etc.

what the OP might work but 99% of the time changing the keyboard is the best option.

smiley
Re: Pc Tips: How To Repair Spoilt Laptop Keyboard by uzoexcel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
Wow.. Nice
Niyonice:
Hello everyone, I will be discussing on laptop and desktop keyboard today. A while ago, a client of mine brought in his laptop with the complain that most of the keypads aren’t working.
Which usually are caused by some factors that I’ll be discussing in my next post (5 CRUTIAL TO DO FOR A HEALTHY AND LONG LASTING PC).
Immediately I collected it from him, I took it into my room and start testing the excess of the keyboard damage but it was just few of the keyboard that are working

HOW I FIX IT
I then decided to start working on it since am not yet an established computer repairer so basically I don’t possess the tools and equipment you expect me to have.

LAYMAN METHOD TO REPAIR IT?
You will need some certain things to get it done
ð A bottle of methylated spirit
ð Hard brush
ð A heater, in this case I used the sun since I didn’t have any

HOW I USED IT?
ð I firstly removed the keyboard from the laptop (you only need to lose a screw at the back of the laptop in most computers)
ð I applied the methylated spirit on the affected keypads
ð Then I used the hard brush to scrub the affected areas till the spirit dries off
ð You can do same for the back of the keyboard too
ð I then Placed the keyboard in the sun to dry up and heat up for up to (1hrs), depending on how sunny your area is

WHAT ELSE?
What else? Just fix the keyboard back and test if its working fine, if it doesn’t leave it for some minutes and keep pressing it till it heats up from the heat generated from the computer fan and start working smoothly.
if otherwise, repeat the procedure again by applying more methylated spirit and leaving it for more hours to dry up.

source: http://techubng..com.ng/2016/12/pc-tips-how-to-repair-spoilt-laptop.html

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Been Defrauded On Jiji? / My Camon 11 Pro Is Very Slow In Browsing / How Jumia Scammed Me Of 16K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.