Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? (10492 Views)

The Experience Of A Sunni Muslim Woman Praying In A 'Shia Mosque' / LagosShia Petitions Seun For A Shia Islam Section / An Interview With A Shia Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by AloyEmeka6: 8:13am On Nov 13, 2009
Can sunni man marry a Shia woman? Must a shia woman convert to sunni before marrying a Sunni man?. Is this type of marriage acceptable in islam? i suppose shia has all together diffrent belief as comapred to sunni,please clarify.

Is it must that a Shia woman must follow sunni after marriage? what could be consequences if shia woman marries a sunni man while keeping her shia faith?
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by Abuzola(m): 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
No yawa
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by AloyEmeka6: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2009
So a shia can marry a suni?
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by Abuzola(m): 12:15am On Nov 14, 2009
Yes no yawa, who told you that they are enemy ? Huh
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by AloyEmeka6: 3:36am On Nov 18, 2009
Suni and shia don't see eye to eye. Don't deny it.
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by AloyEmeka6: 2:41am On Nov 25, 2009
So there was bloodshed between shia and sunni and allah didn't intervene?. Why is your allah so silent and why does he use those that worship him to fight wars?. Allah is not a Taliban, I guess.
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by MohammedW: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
Hello
people of all religions fight
Why is it that muslims actions are actions of Allah.
Peoples actions belong to themsleves.
Quite simple.

1 Like

Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by zubeyr(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
@ Emeka stop asking silly question of course both can marry each other since Sunni Muslim man can marry Christian and Jewish  woman  what can prevent him from marrying Shia  Muslim woman ? Nada

1 Like

Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by LagosShia: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2010
a shia can marry a sunni and a sunni can marry a shia and both can keep to their schools of thought.even though as a shia myself,i would prefer after marriage and children,it is better for my partner if he/she is sunni to align himself/herself to shia islam.the faith is the same.there are some thoughts that are different.even sunnis among themselves have 4 different schools of thought.i have seen mixed shia-sunni marriages.

a muslim cannot marry a christian while the christian still keeps her faith.a muslim woman is not even allowed to marry a non-muslim in the first place.

Allah has done what He has to do and has revealed what must be revealed.it is left for us to implement Allah's guidance in our lives.
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by dcopolopo(m): 3:28pm On Nov 24, 2010
LagosShia:

a shia can marry a sunni and a sunni can marry a shia and both can keep to their schools of thought.even though as a shia myself,i would prefer after marriage and children,it is better for my partner if he/she is sunni to align himself/herself to shia islam.the faith is the same.there are some thoughts that are different.even sunnis among themselves have 4 different schools of thought.i have seen mixed shia-sunni marriages.
a muslim cannot marry a christian while the christian still keeps her faith.a muslim woman is not even allowed to marry a non-muslim in the first place.
Allah has done what He has to do and has revealed what must be revealed.it is left for us to implement Allah's guidance in our lives.

Mallams, a muslim cannot marry a christian while the christian still keeps her faith? I need more proof on this.
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by LagosShia: 10:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
dcopolopo:

Mallams, a muslim cannot marry a christian while the christian still keeps her faith? I need more proof on this.

Fatwas of Grand Ayatollah Makarem al-Shirazi (holy city of Qom):

Question 2: Is it permissible for men of Ahl -e- Sonnat to marry Shiite girls? What about marriage of Shiite man with a girl of Ahl -e- Sonnat?
Answer: If there is no risk of aberrance then it doesn’t have problem, but if there is a possibility of aberrance of belief then it is not permitted.

Question 15: Is it permissible for Shiite (Muslim) man to marry a girl from Jewish, Christian or other Ahl al-Kitab (people of the book)?
Answer: Only temporary marriage is permitted.(in other words permanent marriage is not allowed)

http://www.makaremshirazi.org/english/estefta/?it=639&mit=
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by LagosShia: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2011
dcopolopo:

brother,even though by the right of revelation we can,i mean it is a very difficult task to do because of the deep rooted differences.i think even though we can,should we? i think not because the task is very difficult.it is better to avoid problems and the possibility of your children going astray and being hijacked by your christian wife.
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by aloyemeka1: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2011
Why are muslims always looking behind their shoulders because they are scared that their members may accept Christ and convert to Christianity?. If you have to be watchful so that your Christian wife does not convert your children, then there is something inherently wrong with your faith. You may call it being watchful but I call it paranoia. Also, must you make examples with Christians?. What about a muslim marrying a pagan or OlumbaOlumba or Grail message adherent as a wife?
Re: Can Sunni Man Marry A Shia Woman? by Newnas(m): 10:33pm On Apr 16, 2016
aloyemeka1:
Why are muslims always looking behind their shoulders because they are scared that their members may accept Christ and convert to Christianity?. If you have to be watchful so that your Christian wife does not convert your children, then there is something inherently wrong with your faith. You may call it being watchful but I call it paranoia. Also, must you make examples with Christians?. What about a muslim marrying a pagan or OlumbaOlumba or Grail message adherent as a wife?

You need a hobby!!!

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Announces August 11th As First Day Of Eid Al-adha / Prohibition On Married Couple Forming A Relationship With Someone Else In Islam / Prophet Mohammed's Married Life Explained: U Can Ask Your Questions Politely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.