Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL (5376 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / The Coronavirus: When God Goes Awol / When A Child Of God Goes Back Into Sin... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
uzoexcel:
Plaetton longest time

smiley
Greetings comrade.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by hahn(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
lmao... no no you got it wrong, I mentioned that the Lord was never present.

You are now saying he was present and he was first to escape. Please don't say what you don't know. He is not your mate

Is Jehovah not omnipresent?

Okay, since you know, where was it when the tragedy occurred?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by dalaman: 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
The God hypothesis is a failed hypothesis and does no real work in reality. Either way God always wins. If a tragedy strikes, God wins. If it doesn't God wins as well. People will always excuse God and place the blame on other things and even on themselves when things go wrong. When things go right God gets all the credit.

If there is a drought and people pray to God for rain and no rain falls, the same people will give excuses as to why God didn't answer their prayers. If the rain falls after they have prayed they'll shout and praise their God for the rain. The God hypothesis does no real work in reality. It's always a win win situation for the God.

Where are all the pastors that claim to have the ability to raise people from the dead? There are many dead people they can bring back to life in Uyo. Where is naijadeyhia, 4everGod? His resurrection abilities are needed in Uyo.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So if a building falls on your head as a result of your pastor's corner-cutting greed, it's persecution abi? You are irredeemably zombiefied!

Selective blindness just to score a cheap point. Why didn't you respond to the illustrations I made with the examples of the deaths of the Apostles and numerous other disciples of God who met gruesome deaths in their service to God?

There are about 368 words in my post. Why did you pick one and ignore the rest? What is the connection between 'persecution' with the rest of my post? Why did you mention that word and disregard its connection to the rest? Tell me that the 16 lines reply I made was built around the word 'persecution'.

Do you even know how to summarize text? If you knew you wouldn't have rushed into blind blunder?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

Selective blindness just to score a cheap point. Why didn't you respond to the illustrations I made with the examples of the deaths of the Apostles and numerous other disciples of God who met gruesome deaths in their service to God?

There are about 368 words in my post. Why did you pick one and ignore the rest? What is the connection between 'persecution' with the rest of my post? Why did you mention that word and disregard its connection to the rest? Tell me that the 16 lines reply I made was built around the word 'persecution'.

Do you even know how to summarize text? If you knew you wouldn't have rushed into blind blunder?
I only picked out the most ridiculous part of your post...Were the deaths of the apostles avoidable? A well built building; barring a natural disaster will never collapse. Go figure!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2016
randomperson:

So god never promised to protect his people in the bible... Do u even read your bible at all?

When Jesus says not everyone who call me LORD LORD will enter into the Kingdom of his Father. What does this mean? When He talks about False teachers and false Prophets, who are they? Do you think every building (church) is in the right part? If all are in the right part, then you consider the bible has lied. God is not in every building. He is not a God that kill his true Worshipers. No where do we see that in the bible. If you have one show it to me. Am out to learn.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
dingbang:
Mchew! The Lord was never present in that church

True Talk!!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

When Jesus says not everyone who call me LORD LORD will enter into the Kingdom of his Father. What does this mean? When He talks about False teachers and false Prophets, who are they? Do you think every building (church) is in the right part? If all are in the right part, then you consider the bible has lied. God is not in every building. He is not a God that kill his true Worshipers. No where do we see that in the bible. If you have one show it to me. Am out to learn.
Lol.

Of course, as expected, excuses have to be made for a god gone AWOL.
It wasn't a true church.
The victims were not true Christians.
Blah blah blah. undecided

Can't you just see how pathetic you are trying to exonerate a deity from a tragedy inside a house dedicated to him ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by hahn(m): 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

Does god not have a responsibility to protect everyone?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by mrmrmister: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Where is naijadeyhia who claimed he raised someone from the dead? undecided
Your services are needed there undecided

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
OgundeleT:
martyrs and these people differ. martyrs were killed but these people died because of human failure. u are the one to tell me why xtian cant still trample on snakes like ur god promise u in psalms

Gosh, what specie of thought process is this? If Christians meet gruesome and horrible deaths in the hands of people, God did not protect them. They meet gruesome and horrible deaths through accidents resulting from human failure, God did not protect them. What is your point exactly when considering both instances?

As regards trampling on snakes and scorpions, Jesus said His disciples should go into the world and preach the Gospel. Did He say they should also look for snakes and scorpions and trample them under their feet? What did verse 18 of Luke chapter 10 say? Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Verse 19 - Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Does this not tell you that the serpents and scorpions mentioned represent the Devil and his fallen angels? Ask yourself, why would He mention serpents and scorpions after the disciples rejoiced and told Him that the demons obeyed them, and also after He said that He saw the Devil fall like lightning from heaven?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Rubbish! Should the church not be held to a higher standard?

You are right. But you should know that Not all church are true!
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 3:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
mrmrmister:
Where is naijadeyhia who claimed he raised someone from the dead? undecided
Your services are needed there undecided
They have all gone AWOL.

Kingebukasblog, where was your god ?
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I only picked out the most ridiculous part of your post...Were the deaths of the apostles avoidable? A well built building; barring a natural disaster will never collapse. Go figure!

Again, blunder without a second's thought. Why didn't you show it to be ridiculous by showing the whole idea of the post to be ridiculous?

If disasters were avoidable, there wouldn't have been any need for the word 'accident'. This is so common sense.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by mrmrmister: 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

They have all gone AWOL.

Kingebukasblog, where was your god ?
undecided

Maybe God killed those people because they were very faithful, he wanted them to leave this cruel world and join him in his heavenly kingdom
What a god! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

Again, blunder without a second's thought. Why didn't you show it to be ridiculous by showing the whole idea of the post to be ridiculous?

If disasters were avoidable, there wouldn't have been any need for the word 'accident'. This is so common sense.
So you think a collapsed building is an 'accident'. My God!!!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
Erm. How do we identify a true church? The strength of their structures?
Plappvillemoi:

You are right. But you should know that Not all church are true!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

Gosh, what specie of thought process is this? If Christians meet gruesome and horrible deaths in the hands of people, God did not protect them. They meet gruesome and horrible deaths through accidents resulting from human failure, God did not protect them. What is your point exactly when considering both instances?

Well , the Christians who preach to me everyday tell me that god and Jesus are comprehensive insurance policies against evil, catastrophies , loss and sadness.
The many churches on my street preach the same on loudspeakers almost 24/7.

I mean, every journey on a public transport in Nigerian start with lengthy prayers for protection.

A Church is supposed to be a fortified sanctuary of sanctuaries.

If people come to Church to die horrible deaths, to have their heads smashed, then what exactly is the purpose of worshipping god and praying to him, and sowing seeds of blessings ?

What would be the purpose of paying insurance premiums( worshipping god) , if at the time of redemption( god's protection from calamity), the insurance company gives you reasons, reads to you the fine print, why your comprehensive insurance policy is worthless to you alive, only available for redemption if and when you die ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

Sir,
Beseeching a sky fairy while trying to defy the laws of physics is not an accident.
It is stuuupidity.

This is death by foolishness.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
hahn:

Does God not have a responsibility to protect everyone?

In the Bible we see that God did protect those whose actions were in accordance to His foreordained plans and purpose. He did Protect His people severaly just as He promised them. You know what happened to them when they rebelled against God.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by mrmrmister: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

In the Bible we see that God did protect those whose actions were in accordance to His foreordained plans and purpose. He did Protect His people severaly just as He promised them. You know what happened to them when they rebelled against God.

Everybody come and see
God's attorney is here cheesy
So hundreds of people were worshipping god, yet they died because they rebelled
It's funny how this people reason

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
mrmrmister:

Everybody come and see
It's funny.
But it is also very dangerous, very dangerous to public safety and health.

I mean, try to compare this Line of Reasoning to Book Haram and other Islamo-terrorists, who justify murdering presumed infidels for god.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

Of course, as expected, excuses have to be made for a god gone AWOL.
It wasn't a true church.
The victims were not true Christians.
Blah blah blah. undecided

Can't you just see how pathetic you are trying to exonerate a deity from a tragedy inside a house dedicated to him ?

Can you show me where God killed people who were worshipping him in the Bible? I only see promises of protection for those who love and do His will in truth.
The Psalms of King David are filled with praise for God as He protected His chosen one against his enemies.Psalm 18:3, 54:7, 138:7.

No matter the amount of power that David’s enemies brought against him, they were no match for the protection of God. If God be in that Building, or was Ising some members. He will reveal the event before it happened or used other means to engage them from not been at the site that same day. God has the ability to deliver us out of every physical calamity or trouble. But sometimes, Sin, Sin ! Prevent us from the promised protection. He alone knows the state of everyone man. You and i can say what we want But He alone knows the heart of a man.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ferruccio(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
menxer:
Of all the prophets, pastors, apostles, etc that graced that event none of them was worthy of a revelation from God of the impending tragedy?
Yeah, it means those ' prophets ' who graced that event were plastic prophets!

God never make revelations to plastic prophets.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

it seems u need brain surgery before u can grasp my point.
the point there is that there is nothing like god, nothing like all powerful god anywhere that can protect anybody. grasp that, the book you people call words of god is just fairy tale written by morons who don't know earth is not flat, who dont know stars cant fall on earth

As regards trampling on snakes and scorpions, Jesus said His disciples should go into the world and preach the Gospel. Did He say they should also look for snakes and scorpions and trample them under their feet? What did verse 18 of Luke chapter 10 say? Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." Verse 19 - Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Does this not tell you that the serpents and scorpions mentioned represent the Devil and his fallen angels? Ask yourself, why would He mention serpents and scorpions after the disciples rejoiced and told Him that the demons obeyed them, and also after He said that He saw the Devil fall like lightning from heaven?
let me help u with what ur bible say [b]He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm:91:1
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psalm:91:2
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psalm:91:3
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psalm:91:4 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psalm:91:5
Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psalm:91:6
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psalm:91:7
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psalm:91:8
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psalm:91:9
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psalm:91:10
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psalm:91:11
They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psalm:91:12
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Psalm:91:13
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psalm:91:14
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psalm:91:15
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
Psalm:91:16[/b]
if ur bible claimed one all powerful god made all these promises and his people still die like this then ur god is useless,
ur prayers and sacrifices to him is useless

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

It's funny.
But it is also very dangerous, very dangerous to public safety and health.

I mean, try to compare this Line of Reasoning to Book Haram and other Islamo-terrorists, who justify murdering presumed infidels for god.

Is God also responsible for the plane Crash in Brazil? Common? You dont blame him for your calamities. Search your heart instead.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ferruccio(m): 4:40pm On Dec 11, 2016
OgundeleT:
it seems u need brain surgery before u can grasp my point.
the point there is that there is nothing like god, nothing like all powerful god anywhere that can protect anybody. grasp that, the book you people call words of god is just fairy tale written by morons who don't know earth is not flat, who dont know stars cant fall on earth

If ur bible claimed one all powerful god made all these promises and his people still die like this then ur god is useless
You seem really upset and broken. Have you lost a family member?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

Is God also responsible for the plane Crash in Brazil? Common? You dont blame him for your calamities. Search your heart instead.
What exactly is the purpose of praying for God's protection and blessings ?

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
mrmrmister:

Everybody come and see

Yes the Israelites. They are Gods people. He punished them when they rebel. If you are not pleased with this, it wont change anything.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

Can you show me where God killed people who were worshipping him in the Bible? I only see promises of protection for those who love and do His will in truth.
The Psalms of King David are filled with praise for God as He protected His chosen one against his enemies.Psalm 18:3, 54:7, 138:7.

No matter the amount of power that David’s enemies brought against him, they were no match for the protection of God. If God be in that Building, or was Ising some members. He will reveal the event before it happened or used other means to engage them from not been at the site that same day. God has the ability to deliver us out of every physical calamity or trouble. But sometimes, Sin, Sin ! Prevent us from the promised protection. He alone knows the state of everyone man. You and i can say what we want But He alone knows the heart of a man.

What exactly the fxxx do we have more than 100,000 churches in Nigeria for ?
What do Pentecostal charlatans like Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyaks, Okotie, Okonkwo ,TB clown Joshua and all other PFN fraudsters sell to the gullible public for filthy lucre ?
Is it not blessings and protection from the unknown ?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ferruccio:
You seem really upset and broken. Have you lost a family member?
A tragedy like this diminishes all of us in big ways.
You don't have to lose a family member to feel emotionally upset by this very sad preventable tragedy.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

What exactly is the purpose of praying for God's protection and blessings ?

I can understand you are disappointed in him because your value system does not lines up with His. Its making no sense givig you scriptures. You have sealed your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church / COVID-19: LASG Task Religious Leaders On Enlightening Their Members / PAULGRUNDY 'nairaland Impersonator' Is Yooguyz And Not Jwfacts Paulgrundy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.