Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,000 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39508 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2009
eldee:

We will never have another Jay-Jay, c'est fini. . . we need to stop playing the Jay-Jay way.
Man Utd had to change their style of play after RVN.

Besides, this is 2009 mate . . . no one uses playmakers anymore.
In the EPL the only true creative playmakers are prolly Fab4, Barry and Arteta
Of course it's sometimes good to have them . . . but it's obvious that most of them just end up slowing down the game.
All we need is for Mikel to want to play and show urgency and we'll have our very own Gerrard.

So you are saying it is 2009, no need for playmakers anymore because no one uses playmaker anymore?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2009
Sagamite:

I love Amodu's arrogance. Well deserved reaction. Exactly how I would have dealt with the morons myself.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15112009/news/sports4.html

Amodu turns hostile - After Eagles victory

SUPER Eagles Chief Coach Amodu Shaibu shunned media entreaties yesterday after he led the Eagles to qualify for South Africa 2010 World Cup at the expanses of Harambee Star of Kenya.

Amodu led the Eagles to win the decisive match for Nigerians after the tension soaked match ended 3-2.

Immediately after the match, Amodu refused to talk with the sporting media which approached him for his reaction.

A visibly angry Amodu showed his anger towards the media by pushing their microphones and midgets away with a stern look spoiling for war.

He's just a lucky plonker like Maradona.
For Bleep's sake, he drew at home wit Tunisia in a game that woulda basically given us the SA ticket.

Teams like Nigeria shouldn't be struggling to qualify from a group that has Mozambique and Kenya.
We're tired of struggling through . . . we want Hiddink or Van Basten.

We want someone that has an actual CV not some idiot from Solvenia.
England had to learn this the hard way . . . I hope we don'tfollow their path too.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2009
Sagamite:

So you are saying it is 2009, no need for playmakers anymore because no one uses playmaker anymore?

Nah . . . you said we need a playmaker.
But I'm saying the most successful teams right now don't use playmakers, so we don't need one.

And I highlighted the fact that they end up slowing the game down when they're given so much creative freedom . . . it's hard to be agressive and still have a playmaker.
It's a compromise so many managers have come to settle with.
Pace is becoming more important in modern football . . . especially in the World Cup, a playmaker will rob that off us.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2009
Doyin!:

Those ingrates calling for the sack of Shuibu should please face the facts.

Shuaib has not lost any match since he took over.His mandate included qualifying the nation to world and Nations cup.This fete he has achieved,so on what basis should he be sacked.Because we drew with Tunisia at home or with Mosambique on their own soil?Now tunisia lost to mosambique,so which team coach is better.A local coach that drew with mosambique or the foreign coach that lost.In football it is not over untill it is over,even up to the last The second.

The greatest teams in the world did not win all their matches,despite being in "easy'' groups.They had ridiculus draws with "lesser" teams even at home and with their so called world class coaches.

We should also note that no foreingn coach has ever won a world title for Africa,or atleast, world cup titles had been worn largely by local coaches.

Let us give shuiabu the support ,all he needs are refresher courses to improve on his technicallities.Enough of all these collonial campaigns for Foreign Technical Adviser.

Nigerians in other fields of endeavour are excelling every where all over the world.We can do it also in sports,it's high time we started believing in our capabilities and endowment.

SA 2010,LET'S GO THERE!

Erm . . . I seriously don't get where you're coming from.
Nigeria was in a Group with Tunisia, Mozambique and Kenya and you're saying we deserve to go through with hypertension??
Come on . . . this group was made for us to go through, our decisive match was a home match for God's sake.

How dare you call Argentina and Brazil?? Did you see te way Ecuador played at the last World Cup??

You say Amodu shouldn't be sacked because of the targets set before him . . . you seem to forget that the unwritten stipulations of the contract include proving to Nigerians that he can take us to at least the second round of the WC.
You don't do that by praying to TB Joshua for Mozambique tobeat Tunisia.

As I've said before, we don't need a foreign coach, we just need a good one, one with a CV, one that's achieved sumn.
We don't have any one like that, Slovakia doesn't, England doesn't . . . so let's go find one.
I seriously wouldn't mind a Scolari right now . . . with what he's done with Brazil and Portugal.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by surveyProf(m): 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2009
Up Nigeria, South Africa 2010 here we come,

Up Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nigerd(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2009
If to say we win tunisia here in Nigeria, may be Kenya for beat us and Tunisia for win and we for just dey cry now,, and some one was talking Bleep T.B Josua , check and see what God is using this man to tell the blind people of Nigeria
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by franktolk(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
I still hope a lot of us could still remember that before we arrived at the glorious SE of 94, we had gone through different stages of tutelage, let me come closer , we should remember Maroc88,Algeirs90,failure to qualify for Italia 90,senegal92.we went through all these stages b4 we arrived at the glorious 94 and Atlanta 96(the period marked the peak of International football in Nigeria).

We should please know that a lot has to do wth our football administration in Nigeria.I wonder when I see pple clamouring for the removal of Amodu, YYYYYY for goodness sake.Before the 94/98 era we tested lots of players,lost matches,drew important ones,lost souls(Sam Okwaraji -RIP)footballers and fans alike.

Let's give these guys the little opportunity of their lives to grow.Remember there are no under dogs again in African football, the world is now a global village,so never underate a Burudian team or Eritrea,they can spring up surprises.

If you need a foreign Coach at this stage,I'd rather recommend Some foreign players for Nig,a foreign president and governors,foreign fathers and mothers and even foreign adopted children.
SHAMEEEEEEEE 2 BAD PPLE
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by koolchicco: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2009
Yes oo. . .Nigerians are still celebrating!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Qfo7QTyeI
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by countdown2: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2009
1,000th post.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Smi1(m): 6:07pm On Nov 15, 2009
I'm very disappointed in super eagles team how could they have allow kenya to level up with the score at the last minute, anyway am Glad we finaly qualified
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by txxxed(m): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2009
As for me, i will tell you that Nigeria does not need a foreign coach now. The time from now to the world cup is too short, besides, we need a coach who knows how to handle the fools in the so-called glass house. a lot of us just don't understand how difficult it actually is to work with the idiots in the NFF. Westerhoff succeeded because he had high backing and was very stubborn, he was nobody's yesman.
Siasia is nobody's yesman, and h is very stubborn. He is technically gifted and of course he was one of Nigeria's very best players. He has the drive and passion. He knows the ins and outs of Nigerian football and should be given the mantle to take the Super Eagles to South Africa.

Read more @ www.gamegist.com
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by ikeyman00(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
sagamite

i always laugh whenever i see your post

u write so much crap!!! u might think this is a joke but it aint!!!

u try so hard to use your post as a default in comparism with others

i laugh tire

now me speakin aka superman and u must listen, cuz ideas like urs is the reason nigeria stinks

go or not go; [size=32pt]amodu hassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss to go[/size]

yes going by your s hit; portugal lost blah blah

brazil lost pengiun blah blah

but hey did u watch their friendly match with england haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa; half of their first team didnt even play self

then u will know what is at stake; the thing is people like u and becomerich should denounce to Benin rep; we dnt need u both 

u have countries like ghana qualified with one or two matches remaining

ivory coast nko; england nko, etc

u come here dey talk ewedu and amala  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

had it being Tunisia won emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yes  no comment

siasia with under 17 coach or someone else should talk over ; no long thing
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sagamite(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2009
^^^^Retard, mental imbalances can spur spontaneous, stupid laughters.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by dipo2much(m): 4:49am On Nov 16, 2009
Amodu deserves credit.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by RSA(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2009
Congradulation to the Super Eagles!!!I think with Team Africa that is going to represent us,the cup will definetely stay in Africa.

Well done!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nezan(m): 10:31am On Nov 16, 2009
It waz pure luck.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by semid(m): 10:38am On Nov 16, 2009
For once RSA says something positive to Nigerians.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2009
amodu shld be made assistant to a world class coach

UP NIGERIA sha

at least we don qualify even if we'll come last in the tourney
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by RSA(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2009
semid:

For once RSA says something positive to Nigerians.

grin Naija always spice up things,it would have been boring if you guys didnt qualify.

PSS, now that you've qualified, Go and see my thread on 2010 stadium development,and mybe we can start informing each other about hotels/accomodation,tourist attractions and other things you'll want to know before coming.

Yes,you don't need to pack your vuvusela grin(Muki) because this is where they're born grin

Naija-Mzansi Lets go dear! grin grin grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by rasputinn(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

amodu shld be made assistant to a world class coach

Let's go with Amodu and his arrogance,my concern is more with the crooks at the NFF than with Amodu (even with all his short-comings)
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by kolaoloye(m): 11:12am On Nov 16, 2009
rasputinn:

Let's go with Amodu and his arrogance,my concern is more with the crooks at the NFF than with Amodu (even with all his short-comings)
Amodu is not a world class coach.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by simmy(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2009
Im so sorry. Reading the posts of some 9jerians who think that Amodu should take us to the world cup simply because we have qualified, Ive arrived at one conclusion.

THERE IS NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA, cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by kehindebad(m): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
All of a sudden, the super eagles can do no wrong
how many people thought they would make it sef,
ah its true failure has no friends,

amodu should stay, he didnt lose a single match in the whole qualifiers
and you who are clamouring for a world class coach?
please give us names,
even france & portugal have "world class" coaches
and they might not even qualify for the world cup
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 2tait: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2009
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - Tomorrow At 2PM
« #56 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: 2tait on November 13, 2009, 07:14 PM

I SEE NIGERIA IN SOUTH AFRICA!

Good to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, re u a prophet plz?

And plz, lets everyone prophesy now o, before the match.

I dont want to begin to hear say one pastor don say we go win or loose o, after the match o,

If u wan prophesy, tete do am now before 2pm tomorrow.

@ Snooky.
You have ur answer now. I saw Nigeria in South Africa!
What do you say I am? A prophet?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by 2tait: 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
The Prophet spoke on 13/11/2009

I saw Nigeria in South Africa!

[quote][/quote]

Posted by: 2tait
Insert Quote
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - Tomorrow At 2PM
« #56 on: November 13, 2009, 07:29 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: 2tait on November 13, 2009, 07:14 PM

I SEE NIGERIA IN SOUTH AFRICA!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by yeswecan(m): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2009
i'm loving this
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
All of a sudden, the super eagles can do no wrong
how many people thought they would make it sef,
ah its true failure has no friends,

amodu should stay, he didnt lose a single match in the whole qualifiers
and you who are clamouring for a world class coach?
please give us names,
even france & portugal have "world class" coaches
and they might not even qualify for the world cup
maybe ur TV doesnt use electricity like ours

its not about not losing to Mozambique and Kenya (who are super powers in world football like Brasil), but its about the qaulity of our game against the so called super powers (Kenya and Mozambique)

if we are to go by that standard alone, then we shld be ready for the worst in SA
take a look at England 3 years back, the same set of players that were playing then are still the ones playing now; what has changed?
the mentality to win brought about by a world class coach- Capello

we have the resources (players) to play but ill be damned if Amodu knows what to do when the chips are down in the mundial
If its Amodu, then i bet we are just goin to fill the spaces when other countries like Ghana and CIV are scheming to enter semis

una never jam
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sauron1: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

we have the resources (players) to play but ill be damned if Amodu knows what to do when the chips are down in the mundial
If its Amodu, then i bet we are just goin to fill the spaces when other countries like Ghana and CIV are scheming to enter semis

una never jam

Amodu should be sacked this week.
He has done a decent job by taking the Super Eagles to the world cup but the NFA should take over from here.
Amodu has no technical/tactical nous and our GAMEPLAY at best is like watching a Principal cup match between secondary school teams.

The NFF should move swiftly and hire a foreign manager.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2009
~Sauron~:

Amodu should be sacked this week.
He has done a decent job by taking the Super Eagles to the world cup but the NFA should take over from here.
Amodu has no technical/tactical nous and our GAMEPLAY at best is like watching a Principal cup match between secondary school teams.

The NFF should move swiftly and hire a foreign manager.
ose padi mi
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by kehindebad(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
kenya and mozambique are super powers of world football, hmmm, thats a new one

Anyways, what did you expect, for them to roll over and die?
what would you have done better?

Then you mention "capello", well, even he had a lack lustre game against brazil last weekend.
And please lets talk about coaches that we could replace him with,
& please don't start with siasia grin

Hmmm being pessimistic as usual, a ball hasn't kicked and for reason

"ill be damned if Amodu knows what to do when the chips are down in the mundial"

come give it up, the guy has qualified us to the world cup twice!!!
if that isnt an attribute of a world class coach, then what is?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by tkb417(m): 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2009
kehindebad:

kenya and mozambique are super powers of world football, hmmm, thats a new one

Anyways, what did you expect, for them to roll over and die?
what would you have done better?

Then you mention "capello", well, even he had a lack lustre game against brazil last weekend.
And please lets talk about coaches that we could replace him with,
& please don't start with siasia grin

Hmmm being pessimistic as usual, a ball hasn't kicked and for reason

"ill be damned if Amodu knows what to do when the chips are down in the mundial"

come give it up, the guy has qualified us to the world cup twice!!!
if that isnt an attribute of a world class coach, then what is?
oh, Kenny
u didnt get the joke

u were the one whos giving credits to Amodu for not losing to Kenya and Mozambique and i added a bit of humour by calling them super powers like Brasil. If you didnt get the joke, then the point is, kenya and Mozambique are nobody in footie circle

We didnt lose cos of the the quality of opposition. If we were in cameroon, Egpyt and CIVs group, would the Super Eagles have qualified?
NO

Amodu is an apprentice when it comes to coaching; if we want a world class coach, they abound. a lot of them are jobless and are looking for where to pitch thier tent

Zico, Ramos and co readily comes to mind
we can if we wan to
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by txxxed(m): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2009
tkb417:

oh, Kenny
u didnt get the joke

u were the one whos giving credits to Amodu for not losing to Kenya and Mozambique and i added a bit of humour by calling them super powers like Brasil. If you didnt get the joke, then the point is, kenya and Mozambique are nobody in footie circle

We didnt lose cos of the the quality of opposition. If we were in cameroon, Egpyt and CIVs group, would the Super Eagles have qualified?
NO

Amodu is an apprentice when it comes to coaching; if we want a world class coach, they abound. a lot of them are jobless and are looking for where to pitch thier tent

Zico, Ramos and co readily comes to mind
we can if we wan to

broda, u are putting it the way it has to be.
don't mind the idiots that think naija should always toil b/4 going to the world cup. we qualified by the shear determination of players who suddenly realized that their own reputation will be enhanced by our qualification, and not by Amodu's technical ability

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Obafemi Martins Celebrates His 37th Birthday Today / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.