Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? (12862 Views)

10 Things To Never Say To Your Boss / How To Look For Another Job Without Your Boss Finding Out ( Step-by-step Method) / Signs You’re Too Close To Your Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 11, 2016
I recall sometime ago, during one of our Weekly Sales Conference Meetings, I caught my boss going through my phone. I had left it on the table. I was really paying any attention to it.

I looked up, and saw him holding my phone. I asked him to give it to me, and he started struggling to quickly close what he was doing. I snatched the phone from his fingers, to find out he was reading my WhatsApp conversations.

I was livid with rage! I told them to suspend the meeting. Then, I told him off, in the presence of junior staffs. At that point, I didn't care if he was WAY older than me, and he was my superior in the office. I threw all that out the window!

I've noticed some things with most elderly people. They feel, because they are older, they get a free b*tch pass. They feel, because they have grey hair, they should be respected automatically.

It doesn't happen that way. Respect is reciprocal. Till I left the company, he didn't have the balls to look at me directly. My HR said I may have overreacted.

What would you have done?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Mutuwa(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:
I recall sometime ago, during one of our Weekly Sales Conference Meetings, I caught my boss going through my phone. I had left it on the table. I was really paying any attention to it.

I looked up, and saw him holding my phone. I asked him to give it to me, and he started struggling to quickly close what he was doing. I snatched the phone from his fingers, to find out he was reading my WhatsApp conversations.

I was livid with rage! I told them to suspend the meeting. Then, I told him off, in the presence of junior staffs. At that point, I didn't care if he was WAY older than me, and he was my superior in the office. I threw all that out the window!

I've noticed some things with most elderly people. They feel, because they are older, they get a free b*tch pass. They feel, because they have grey hair, they should be respected automatically.

It doesn't happen that way. Respect is reciprocal. Till I left the company, he didn't have the balls to look at me directly. My HR said I may have overreacted.

For a female,I may react just like you did,if and only if I had anything of a clandestine nature.if not,I will simply pretend I didn't see him and quietly address him one on one for trespass.

In Africa,the norm is that the aged don't make mistake.they are right even if wrong and would never apologize even when apparently wrong,especially if you address them in the open.they may be apologetic if it's done between you two.

For him to have gone through your phone,he may have had something for you,which before he expresses,he would want to know what your social activities are like.

kind of friends you chat with,your chat content,male friends etc,so as to know how to initiate the right conversation which will easily lead to whatever he want to achieve with you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2016
Mutuwa:

For a female,I may react just like you did,if and only if I had anything of a clandestine nature.if not,I will simply pretend I didn't see him and quietly address him one on one for trespass.

In Africa,the norm is that the aged don't make mistake.they are right even if wrong and would never apologize even when apparently wrong,especially if you address them in the open.they may be apologetic if it's done between you two.

I understand that. It doesn't matter what he saw. That was violation of privacy. That's why I always try to minimise any form of familiarity in the workplace. I'm cordial, but not friendly with colleagues. People tend to overstep their boundaries. Familiarity breeds contempt.

I didn't need his apology. I just gave him a piece of my mind.

5 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Mutuwa(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:

I understand that. It doesn't matter what he saw. That was violation of privacy. That's why I always try to minimise any form of familiarity in the workplace. I'm cordial, but not friendly with colleagues. People tend to overstep their boundaries. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Nice one. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Mutuwa:

For him to have gone through your phone,he may have had something for you,which before he expresses,he would want to know what your social activities are like.

kind of friends you chat with,your chat content,male friends etc,so as to know how to initiate the right conversation which will easily lead to whatever he want to achieve with you.

Error! He's a married man, with FOUR children. Seems he's suffering from Sienaism, a disease whereby you're married with children, but you keep running after ladies.

He should do that with his wife! The annoying part is, I'm not even close to him to warrant such.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Pylony(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:

Take Correction of what you wrote on the topic. (What Would You Did If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone?)

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2016
Pylony:
Take Correction of what you wrote on the topic.

Thanks, love. I didn't even notice it.
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Mutuwa(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:

Error! He's a married man, with FOUR children. Seems he's suffering from Sienaism, a disease whereby you're married with children, but you keep running after ladies.

He should do that with his wife! The annoying part is, I'm not even close to him to warrant such.

Out of 1000 married men 999 would run after ladies outside wedlock.It has been a norm and would continue to be one.So it is an error to tag it a disease rather,a nature or habit.besides the word Sienaism is meaningless outside and within your contexts.
I may be willing to learn if you can prove its meaning.

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by JoeBlocks(m): 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2016
Frankly, if I a had a boss, and she goes through my phone without my consent, she'd be shocked beyond words, especially if she goes through my videos.

I'm really don't take offence if people access my phone without my permission though. I see it as a way of inviting me to do the same to them. And if I do same to them and they complain, that's where we'd have a problem.

Like what makes you think you can access my phone without my permission and think I can't access yours without your permission

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by davide470(m): 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:

The bolded refers:

Just to be clear, aside looking through your phone, he is also asking you out?

If Yes, then he deserves what he got.

If No, you just might have over-reacted.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
davide470:
The bolded refers:

Just to be clear, aside looking through your phone, he is also asking you out?

If Yes, then he deserves what he got.

If No, you just might have over-reacted.

Yes, he was. Well, I don't work there anymore, so he's not my problem.

Was always finding reasons to touch me, all in the name of greeting.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by lollmaolol(m): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
I ll sue her

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
lollmaolol:
I ll sue her

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria. It doesn't work here ô. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Pylony(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
MsDelilah:

Thanks, love. I didn't even notice it.
You're wlcm babe, we are all not beyond making such mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by lollmaolol(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2016
MsDelilah:

I'm guessing you don't live in Nigeria. It doesn't work here ô. cheesy

Hehehe, you guessed wrongly. lol...

I've been in Nigeria oo, but my privacy remains utmost. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
God you're touchy. But tell us the Siena story. I've been meaning to ask.
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2016
BoboYekini:

Lol. Abeg forget that one. Let's just say I played a player. grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 14, 2016
BoboYekini...

I had a photo of my laps as dp, baba saw it and quickly dived into my PM. Because I had just registered, he thought I didn't know about his womanizing ways. Story for the gods. He thought he was winning my heart by sweet talking me, and discussing marriage with me. I fooled him for 5 months. (He knows I don't believe in God. I can't believe in a being I haven't seen. Yet his 48 year old brain couldn't tell him I won't marry someone I have never met). He was using the same lines he used to fool ladies on Nairaland years ago. He thought I wouldn't know. cheesy cheesy cheesy

When I had gathered enough rubbish on him, I sent our entire chat history to his wife. cheesy cheesy

Came back to Nairaland after i did that, acting "remorseful". Knowing who he is, he can't do without Nairaland. I knew he would see the thread I opened. Then I got in touch with him AGAIN, and this nigga was still asking if we could start over. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by diolagos: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2016
MsDelilah:
BoboYekini...

I had a photo of my laps as dp, baba saw it and quickly dived into my PM. Because I had just registered, he thought I didn't know about his womanizing ways. Story for the gods. He thought he was winning my heart by sweet talking me, and discussing marriage with me. I fooled him for 5 months. (He knows I don't believe in God. I can't believe in a being I haven't seen. Yet his 48 year old brain couldn't tell him I won't marry someone I have never met). He was using the same lines he used to fool ladies on Nairaland years ago. He thought I wouldn't know. cheesy cheesy cheesy

When I had gathered enough rubbish on him, I sent our entire chat history to his wife. cheesy cheesy

Came back to Nairaland after i did that, acting "remorseful". Knowing who he is, he can't do without Nairaland. I knew he would see the thread I opened. Then I got in touch with him AGAIN, and this nigga was still asking if we could start over. cheesy cheesy

dead brain cells perhaps??
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
MsDelilah, you are wuckid.
And what a dirty ol man Siena was. But you must know I'm not happy you ran him out of Nairaland (you may know a thing or two about cars, but not in his league, I'd wager). Boys are not happy at all and we might do a reverse Delilah on you - send a guy to lead you on for months and cast it on Nairaland.

P.S. Same laps DP you have on now? When in the course of the 5 months did he perv you out? Was it something he said? So, you have a dossier on all the womanizers on Nairaland? Are you looking to entrap another one, or was Siena's case a one-off? Do you imagine he would be officially obsessed now and stalking you for sure?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2016
BoboYekini:
MsDelilah, you are wuckid.
And what a dirty ol man Siena was. But you must know I'm not happy you ran him out of Nairaland (you may know a thing or two about cars, but not in his league, I'd wager). Boys are not happy at all and we might do a reverse Delilah on you - send a guy to lead you on for months and cast it on Nairaland.

P.S. Same laps DP you have on now? When in the course of the 5 months did he perv you out? Was it something he said? So, you have a dossier on all the womanizers on Nairaland? Are you looking to entrap another one, or was Siena's case a one-off? Do you imagine he would be officially obsessed now and stalking you for sure?

Wow...

Okay, first of all, I'm not competing with Siena when it comes to knowledge about cars. The guy knows his onions. Though his personality is sh*t.

I never made him leave. He felt Nairaland was "coming between us" cos I kept calling him out on stuff he posted here. He thought I'd never find out. He left nairaland so that he could "focus on us".

By all means, send a guy to lead me on here. I'm not desperate enough to hook up with a guy I've never seen. I don't do online dating. Except you can pinpoint where I am, there's no how I can be led on, honey.

In those 5 months, I didn't have to wait for him to "perv me out". He was f*cking married, with 3 kids. He kept twisting his marital status - today he's divorced, tomorrow he's separated, next day he "just gave her divorce papers". Nigga was a sh*tty liar. He should learn from me.

I'm not looking to entrap anyone. I heard about Siena long before he ever contacted me. There's nothing I hate more than a man who doesn't respect his wife. He knew he had a family, yet he kept badmouthing her to me. For me to do what, applaud him?

I don't regret what I did to him. His wife and I chatted constantly. She confessed how he had been maltreating her for MORE THAN A YEAR. How this isn't the first time he cheated. The only person that ruined his family, is Siena Gbudje.

To show you how stup*d this guy is, after I sent his wife our entire chat history, I contacted him again to form "I don't know what came over me". One would think he had learnt. But a monkey in a tuxedo is STILL a monkey.

Nigga kept asking "can we start afresh? We need to be more careful now that she's in the picture". What sort of man is that? Then he'll come to Nairaland to act holier than thou?

I don't regret what I did.

Let him stalk me. I know he's still on Nairaland. This is a married man who told me to stop being friends with my ex because it made him uncomfortable. I laugh in German. Oniranu! This is a man who warned his wife not to have any male friends, yet he's the same one that would invite his female friends to sleep over. What a dog!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by JoeBlocks(m): 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
MsDelilah:

Wow...

Okay, first of all, I'm not competing with Siena when it comes to knowledge about cars. The guy knows his onions. Though his personality is sh*t.

I never made him leave. He felt Nairaland was "coming between us" cos I kept calling him out on stuff he posted here. He thought I'd never find out. He left nairaland so that he could "focus on us".

By all means, send a guy to lead me on here. I'm not desperate enough to hook up with a guy I've never seen. I don't do online dating. Except you can pinpoint where I am, there's no how I can be led on, honey.

In those 5 months, I didn't have to wait for him to "perv me out". He was f*cking married, with 3 kids. He kept twisting his marital status - today he's divorced, tomorrow he's separated, next day he "just gave her divorce papers". Nigga was a sh*tty liar. He should learn from me.

I'm not looking to entrap anyone. I heard about Siena long before he ever contacted me. There's nothing I hate more than a man who doesn't respect his wife. He knew he had a family, yet he kept badmouthing her to me. For me to do what, applaud him?

I don't regret what I did to him. His wife and I chatted constantly. She confessed how he had been maltreating her for MORE THAN A YEAR. How this isn't the first time he cheated. The only person that ruined his family, is Siena Gbudje.

To show you how stup*d this guy is, after I sent his wife our entire chat history, I contacted him again to form "I don't know what came over me". One would think he had learnt. But a monkey in a tuxedo is STILL a monkey.

Nigga kept asking "can we start afresh? We need to be more careful now that she's in the picture". What sort of man is that? Then he'll come to Nairaland to act holier than thou?

Let him stalk me. I know he's still on Nairaland. This is a married man who told me to stop being friends with my ex because it made him uncomfortable. I laugh in German. Oniranu! This is a man who warned his wife not to have any male friends, yet he's the same one that would invite his female friends to sleep over. What a dog!
Now I wouldn't quote you on this on a normal day, but the holier than thou modafuckers is what this place never lack.

You see them full of deceit and conceit, deceiving those who are gullible and foolish.

You see them criticising men like I and Lezz, because we're proud of our sexuality and we love to fuck_ because fucking_ is fucking_ fun and pleasurable.

It's a good thing the dude deactivated, I would have trolled him till he eat his own goddamn puke!.

God! I hate liars and pretenders!!!!!. angry angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by AntiWailer: 6:46am On Dec 15, 2016
Collect ur phone and move on

Some people are just nosy.

That is why you require password to even dial a number on my phone.

Consider installing CM Security you will be glad you did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Trapnews: 6:47am On Dec 15, 2016
Why is OP restless over another woman's husband? Your father could even be worse than this man. If the man had been your father would you have done same? Now that we all know the man is a womanizer, will you stop being a mo'ron and move on? Learn from the next poster and stop seeking cheap attention. You reported to the wife and yet they are still together... undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by iykedare(m): 6:49am On Dec 15, 2016
This just happened to me yesterday. My boss took my storage device and was going thru my personal documents. I had to control myself so I wouldn't say or do anything stupid. I would be leaving in less than 8 months time so I have to endure his sh1t.

The man is a big baby. I have had issues with him in the past so I'm being so careful. Infact, I was fined for half pay - 150k for not taking his sh1t. Just imagine a boss who lies and puts the lie on his staff . A f0rking tribalistic for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Mopolchi: 6:49am On Dec 15, 2016
Just collect the phone and put back into your pocket
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by ehnok(m): 6:52am On Dec 15, 2016
G
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by kingreign(m): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2016
BoboYekini:
What do you stand to gain from this early morning aproko you've started? Are you Mrs Siena or his kids or related to him in anyway?
Na your sister Siena dey woo? Na your money or investment Siena spend?
Why you no go just face ya front and leave adults all alone to do what they feel like doing?

Mods, lock this thread.
I thought you were matured than this?
This thread is NOTHING more than a means to bring to public a private affair between you two.
MS Delilah, you were in Mercedes Benz whatsapp forum and all the contribution you made was to openly embarrass Mr Siena. If he is a Sinner, let him be since you can't correct him.
Besides, I Don't see you as a Saint either.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by yetseyi(f): 6:53am On Dec 15, 2016
I learnt a new word sha
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by warribloood: 6:54am On Dec 15, 2016
grin.him like give you his cassava
Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by Coldfaya(m): 6:57am On Dec 15, 2016
MsDelilah:

Wow...

I'm quoting you not cos of what you wrote but cos of your siggy.

I hate it when I see well educated people misusing those words. this kills me the most " using is instead of it's".
while they keep using the whole slay queen thingy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If You Catch Your Boss Snooping Through Your Phone? by charisma640: 6:58am On Dec 15, 2016
MsDelilah:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? / Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.