Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) (1861 Views)

Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / Oil Palm Plantation(tenera Oil Palm) For Sale Akwa Ibom 18.1 Hectares / My Pineapple Plantation In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2016
After a thorough study of investment trends across borders and over the centuries, one thing remain constant. The generational investment opportunities and human choices.

Much has been researched, experienced and said about the oil palm industry. Vast uses, zero emissions and social benefits. Majority of existing farms are old, ill producing and processed but having one litre of palm oil double the price of controversial PMS(Petrol) ever.

I will be sharing some of my thoughts and work along its value chain as time permits.
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
Palm fruit

1 Like

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
Palm tree is a wonderful tree, its butress root even taps water trapped in soil micro pores. Reason why the tree is evergreen.

If caught by bush fire, at the scent of water, it fattens unlike others that may not regenerate.

1 Like

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by 1stUnique(m): 8:05pm On Dec 11, 2016
its been a while bros.. following.
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by PapaBrowne(m): 8:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Following
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by jayyjayy1(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
welldone
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by stagger: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
I once tried to kill a palm tree by cutting off all its branches and dousing it thoroughly with kerosene. Plant grew new branches in a few weeks and sprang back to life. Wonderful tree God gave us in this part of the world.

It can even be used in biofuel production. In the Western hemisphere, the plant cannot grow there and they therefore need to produce biofuel from lab-grown algae.

So imagine how blessed we are: Jatropha in the north for biofuel production, and oil palm in the south. These two plants are the best sources of oil for biofuel production, and both are found in Nigeria.

But those whom God has blessed in this way, do not even know it. Today, a 25-litre jerry can of palm oil is N25,000. A litre of palm oil now costs almost 10 times a litre of petrol. Why are we not harnessing this plant for export purposes? Everyday I think of what we throw away in terms of opportunities in Nigeria, I weep for my country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
stagger:
I once tried to kill a palm tree by cutting off all its branches and dousing it thoroughly with kerosene. Plant grew new branches in a few weeks and sprang back to life. Wonderful tree God gave us in this part of the world.

It can even be used in biofuel production. In the Western hemisphere, the plant cannot grow there and they therefore need to produce biofuel from lab-grown algae.

So imagine how blessed we are: Jatropha in the north for biofuel production, and oil palm in the south. These two plants are the best sources of oil for biofuel production, and both are found in Nigeria.

But those whom God has blessed in this way, do not even know it. Today, a 25-litre jerry can of palm oil is N25,000. A litre of palm oil now costs almost 10 times a litre of petrol. Why are we not harnessing this plant for export purposes? Everyday I think of what we throw away in terms of opportunities in Nigeria, I weep for my country.

Very thoughtful
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by shafiyah: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2017
I need serious people to partner with to buy acres of land at Ibadan for farming purpose.
Price 700,000 per acre (negotiable)
Contact me on 09099541470 if interested
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
Fruiting

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2017
First of all,

Soil Test

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ground toothing

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Ground toothing

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by okpon77: 10:11pm On Feb 24, 2017
stagger:

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by Okaakoko(m): 1:12pm On Feb 26, 2017
TheUnbeatable:
Ground toothing
I am sorry to say this, let's see more of your work than your face. do keep up your good works

1 Like

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
The works without my face is deniable. It can be criticized or called, "internet pictures". Many pictures can be copied and pasted but once the subject is in it. It makes it credible.

God bless your work @all.
Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 7:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Vegetation cover could inform on soil suitability

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2017
U

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by TheUnbeatable(m): 11:12am On Nov 29, 2017
D

Re: Oil - Palm Plantation (the Way Forward) by tck2000(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
stagger:

Oh

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Farm Labourer / FREE (not paid) Watermelon/ Cucumber Training. / Jamila Long Grain Rice Nigeria Foreign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.