Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 (6934 Views)

Nominees For EPL Player And Manager Of The Month Awards / The End Of Hitv - Multichoice/dstv Wins Back Epl Coverage Rights In Nigeria / Arsenal Wins Another Trophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by temmytanny(m): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2009
HITV HAS WON THE RIGHT FOR TO VIEW 100% OF ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP RIGHT FOR ANOTHER 3YEARS STARTING FROM 2010/11 TO 2012/13 SEASON

THE BID WAS DONE LAST WEEK IN ENGLAND WITH DSTV HAVING NO RIGHT TO SHOW ANY EPL MATCH IN NIGERIA

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/25921/1/Nigerias-HiTV-wins-Barclays-Premier-League-exclusive-rights/Page1.html
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by FBS: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2009
Here we go again! cheesy
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by allboyz(m): 11:11am On Nov 13, 2009
na God go help us oooo
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Mortiple(m): 12:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
Oh, Never Agaaaaiinnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, how come? Why did DSTV allow this? May we know HITV 7-POINT AGENDA within the next 4 years. OR is it going to be another 4 years of YARADUALISTIC style of leadership (so so talk, no action)? Somebody Heelllppppppp!!!!!!!!!!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
WhyGROOOOAN!!!!
So far,HiTV's EPL presentation-Below Par in their third sseason,wit no signs of improvement.
DSTV were far better.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Justinkd(m): 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
what is all this noise about hitv this, hitv that. why can't we nigerians ever try for once and appreciate what is truelly nigerian. a journey of a thouands mile. starts with a step mind u. besides, dstv started somewhere. so, please spare me all your unpatriotic comments and celebrate the winning team jare.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Mortiple(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
Justin@kd:

what is all this noise about hitv this, hitv that. why can't we nigerians ever try for once and appreciate what is truelly nigerian. a journey of a thouands mile. starts with a step mind u. besides, dstv started somewhere. so, please spare me all your unpatriotic comments and celebrate the winning team jare.

You are talking NONSENSE! Its either you are not a subscriber on HITV or you are a front. Besides, your one (1) post status suggest so! Are you advising us to support "what is truly Nigeria" for the sake of it? At whose expense will this be? You need to be lectured to know that HITV as well as other PayTV operators are in business. Subscribers cough out their hard-earned N6,000/monthly to get QUALITY entertainment (of which HITV has failed to provide). If indeed you are patriotic as you make us to believe, prevail on their management to improve on their services. Shikena!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Justinkd(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
Where were you when DSTV's charges were on the high side? Besides, do u knw hw much HiTV spent to get all the rights to EPL, Champions league,Carling cup and other rights? If i may ask you, what do u really knw abt hw d pay industry is runned? You also talked abt HiTV not having quality contents compared to oda paytvs, well, HiTV as far as i knw and understand does not indulge herself in illegality. As such, watever HiTV does in business is legal. Join hands and lets make dis Nigerian brand succeed cos HiTV has made a lot of families in Nigeria today has access to "CABLE NETWORK" in dre homes grin cool kiss
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Knight1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2009
Congrats to them
But is rights the only thing they are concerned about, rights this rights that. They should increase quality of service abeg!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by MAHYAN(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2009
May GOD help us in dis country,HITV or is it HIV they call demselves started and after just 2 years,they're demanding #20 thousand monthly viewing rights 4rm viewing centers 4 dat rubbish they show.and they still demand money 4rm hotels per hotel room.what insolence.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by blues: 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2009
Why the noise the Anti-HITV? For you, is it a must that you must subscribe to HITV because of the EPL? Viewing centres, you guyz are Pirate!!!, HITV well done!!! you stand for freedom
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Justinkd(m): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2009
@ Mahyan, i can see dat u r one of those dat dnt want to see good thing come out in nigeria and dat u r one of doz pirates dat the NCC r looking for. Pls. stop all form of piracy and HiTV and d Nigerian broadcast Industry will shake the world. Take HiTV for example, if not for her will DsTV not still be charging exorbitant prices to innocent Nigerians? But because HiTV is a Proudly Nigerian company, u decide to rubbish her. Mind u dat, watever business HiTV is into, is purely Geniune and free from all forms of PIRACY AND RIGHTS INFRINGEMENTS.
@ Blues. Thanks broda, may ur days be long like dat of METUSELA. You r truely NIGERIAN. Don't falter, just keep d spirit up.
HiTV, Relax, Learn, Enjoy.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by temmytanny(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
even though i HATE HITV cos of some of its contents ,i have no choice than to pay 6k monthly to them cos i love soccer .

but i would only empploy yhem to spend part of the millions they used in aquiring EPL,UCL and co to show some other live matches(friendlies,local matches etc)

UCL = $100million til 2012
EPL = $ 28million til 2010
EPL = ? til 2013

atleast $1million is okay to buy rights for all the under age competitions,super eagle matches etc.

they need to also work on their movies.with that, 6k would be a value for my money
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Emperoh(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
Na una know which one be bad service
I wonder where u guys where when DSTV was in it s formative years.
Everyone wants it ready made. . . . .abeg let dem do their thing. I am just concerned that they increased their subscription
Aside that i am really not too miffed by their service. It can be anoying sometime though but pls give them a break!!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by temmytanny(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2009
this is TO all doubting thomases.

I WISH THEM WELL
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by galatico(m): 9:16am On Nov 19, 2009
Noooooooooooo not again don't HITV, I prefer DSTV's coverage they are better than HITV .
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by temmytanny(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2009
DSTV wouldnt even show any premier league again till 2013

HITV now has 100% control
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Damoche10: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2009
strolls in and strolls out TRUELY NIGERIAN!!!!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by yemmight(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
Good deal for HITV. We should forget so soon that even it took DSTV some years put their ASS together when they started. I remember what we use to go thru even in paying thier bills. We should encourage HITV on thier poor services. Dont forget also that HITV brought down some of the subscription fees. HITV, Sky is your limit joo.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by Damoche10: 9:04am On Nov 20, 2009
Thank you my broda, they just don't know how to patronize our local vendors. Nigerians where are thou in the time of need?
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by saworoide: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2009
HITV bidded 3 times what DSTV normally paid for the right and the EPL did not blink in renewing the right. Let me add that they now have exclusive right to all the 10 matches (no more 2 matches on DSTV). But, let bthe truth be told, we are not getting quality entertainment from HiTV.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by GTay(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2009
yemmight:

Good deal for HITV. We should forget so soon that even it took DSTV some years put their ASS together when they started. I remember what we use to go thru even in paying thier bills. We should encourage HITV on thier poor services. Dont forget also that HITV brought down some of the subscription fees. HITV, Sky is your limit joo.

You have a point, But being a small company still trying to get its act together, why is HITV then contending with the Big Players if they know they cannot deliver comparative services, The Question we should be asking ourselves is this: What if these licenses were not exclusive to any PayTV? What if Daarsat, DSTV and HITV all had equal 100% rights to the EPL and subscribers are free to access these games via any of the PayTV above - Would HITV still have enough patronage due to its obvious deficiencies? For the record i have both Hitv and DSTV but i've refused to renew on the Hitv platform since the recent upward review of their prices. They offer zero entertainment, So what happens at the end of the EPL match you've just watched? You turn off your T.V right? PayTV Bizness is a lot more than Football - and HITV needs to learn that fast!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by baron2000(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2009
When DSTV came to this country they were worse than NTA Abeokuta. We allowed them 12yrs critisism-free reign. They charged us cut throat amounts we paid just to feel among and now how do they pay us back? They didn't deem it feet to pay so so much to win premiership right for Nigeria. They have had their fill.

Now Proudly Nigerian HITV is taking over You good for nothing Critics are at work. When will you ever give Nigerians chance to succeed. do you think its easy to spend hundreds of millions and acquire these rights without a hitch. HITV will succeed. If the south africans can help build DSTV we Nigerians must help build HITV. Before we know it, it will be all over west Africa, north Africa and Europe.

When Glo started they had hitches. Now they are world class. People who constructively criticize are people who do not even know how to set up a simple town hall meeting.

PROUDLY NIGERIAN, LONG LIVE HITV
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by MAITEMA(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
God o!!!! What is this now? Another 4years of wasting 6k monthly on service coated with dissatisfaction and mediocrity.

Personally, subscribing to HiTV is a matter of fait accompli. I need it for the football and after the football, there is nothing else that jukebox + gramophone + locomotive has to offer. If it was a matter of votes in my house it will be only DSTV but because I cant do without football I find myself in a dilemma of coughing out N15,500 monthly for both.

Mr. Subair and his cohorts are smiling to the bank without even taking a cue from DSTV’s quality channels, picture quality and info access. Typical Nigerian business mentality!!!

My prayer is for HiTV to either lose out in future or give us everything DSTV has. This is not a matter of patriotism.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by aieromon(m): 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
DSTV started from scratch.
HITV will get there soon.
Let's be patient with the quality of programming.I hope they grow from crawling to walking to running to flying.
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by bodejohn(m): 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
I think Hitv should be careful how they spend money to buy rights that is only for Nigeria.
Dstv did not limit themselves to South Africa, that is why everybody is trying to beat them.
Like someone rightly said, what do i gain from my 6k after an epl match?
Like every other thing that brings comfort, Nigerians have found a way around the pay tvs.
It's called Free To Air, enough channels dey without kobo!
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by vislabraye(m): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
Good 4 them, but they should improve the quality of their transmission. i have DSTV at home, and there are times my favorite teams have a match and i just can't leave the comfort of my home to watch them in a viewing centre. But apart from that, i congratulate them.

i wish they can give this DSTV a run for their money. DSTV prices are outrageous and they've been ripping us bad. The moment your subscription runs out, they shut you down instantly even on weekends. But HiTV should improve on their services i.e the quality of their transmission.

GTay:

You have a point, But being a small company still trying to get its act together, why is HITV then contending with the Big Players if they know they cannot deliver comparative services, The Question we should be asking ourselves is this: What if these licenses were not exclusive to any PayTV? What if Daarsat, DSTV and HITV all had equal 100% rights to the EPL and subscribers are free to access these games via any of the PayTV above - Would HITV still have enough patronage due to its obvious deficiencies? For the record i have both Hitv and DSTV but i've refused to renew on the Hitv platform since the recent upward review of their prices. They offer zero entertainment, So what happens at the end of the EPL match you've just watched? You turn off your T.V right? PayTV Bizness is a lot more than Football - and HITV needs to learn that fast!
GTay:

How can they all have equal rights to air the same program? Exclusivity pays
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by otokx(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2009
HiTV will get there
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by vislabraye(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
The people in HiTV are not fools. Every business focuses on a niche or develop an area of competence. HITV is known for EPL , thats their area of competence. They've invested so much in it at the expense of other aspects. If every TV has equal rights to show the program no one would make money for sure. It would favor we, the viewers and not the marketers, Its the same thing as world cup matches, only one TV station would be given the right to broadcast
Re: HiTV Wins Another Bid For EPL Right Till 2013 by temmytanny(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
one thing critics of HITV failed to realise is that most solid channels like geographical channel,ESPN,CNN and even some DSTV movies channels and co have been bought and made exclusive to DSTV alone,no other DTH can buy the right.

i think we should encourage them cos its not easy paying as high as over $60millions per year for just soccer rigths not to talk of the other channel rights

am stil a critics of HITV oooo since they increased their fee but i have no choice than to pay my monthly donations to them cos of soccer(my second girlfriend).IF U DONT CRTICISE THEM ,they would think they have reached the limit of satisfaction

I STRONGLY BELIEVE THEY WOULD GET THERE VERY SOON!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World Cup Group D: Take Your Chance! / Tottenham (1) V Manchester United (3) On Saturday 12th September / Is Watching Matches At Viewing Centres Fun Filled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.