Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Which Tank Will Be Full First? - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Which Tank Will Be Full First? (60858 Views)

Which Tank Will Fill Up First (photo) / Which tank will fill up first? / Which Tank Gets Filled First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by tk4rd: 7:47am On Jan 03, 2017
tosyne2much:
Woooow! Stop on Bros!
Thanks Bro.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by 3moses: 7:51am On Jan 03, 2017
most nairalanders are olodos.... 3 & 4 filled to d brim at d same time... this is called law of equal proportion...

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by haibe(m): 7:59am On Jan 03, 2017
3moses:
most nairalanders are olodos....
3 & 4 filled to d brim at d same time...
this is called law of equal proportion...
haba they cant fill at the same time exactly. One must fill up first
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by femi4: 8:14am On Jan 03, 2017
tk4rd:
Water will always find its level...
No internal pressure is needed here, because the tanks are not air-tight closed...
Remember that the top is open to the atmosphere, so, only atmospheric pressure and gravity play all the roles here..
Let me ask you something......
SHEEY YOU ARE VERY GOOD IN "OPEN RESERVOIR HYDRAULICS".??
Water always find the easiest root.
This is simple engineering design.......you piped downward not upward when you are far from the pump
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by tk4rd: 8:20am On Jan 03, 2017
femi4:
Water always find the easiest root.
This is simple engineering design.......you piped downward not upward when you are far from the pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINTrKspWQg ..
Please make sure you watch this video.. Then, if you have any other thing to teach me, you first refute the facts in the video, and come up with your valid points.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by femi4: 8:26am On Jan 03, 2017
tk4rd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINTrKspWQg ..
Please make sure you watch this video.. Then, if you have any other thing to teach me, you first refute the facts in the video, and come up with your valid points.
I don't do copy and paste. That video is incorrect.

Tank 3 will overflow before 4.

By applying Bernoulli's equation, we
can actually calculate the water level (head) difference of the two tanks to be:

h = (Q / A)^2 / (2 * g)

Where Q is the flow rate between the tanks and
A is the cross sectional area of the connector.

Say we have a A = 1.6 square inches (about the size of a quarter), and that Q = 20 gallons per minute.The water level in tank 3 will be 3 inches higher than in tank 4. Also, if you account for friction losses, this height difference will actually be even greater.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Thisnut(m): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2017
ladyF:
My answer is tank 3.

Tank 1 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 2.

Tank 2 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 3.

Tank 3 can only start filling up tank 4 once it gets sufficient volume/pressure to push water up that height to tank 4. So it's going to get filled up before tank 4 does.

Hope ayam not an olodo o. Oya clap for LadyF.

It's LadyF again grin grin grin
3 will get to a point where all there pressure start pushing the water to 4 , until 4 is filled up 3 will remain stagnant at that point. There is no way 3 will full first because the leak is from the bottom. Madam go trade bitcoin make you leave maths for asian kids.

The answer is 4
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 03, 2017
femi4:

can actually calculate the water level (head) difference of the two tanks to be:

h = (Q / A)^2 / (2 * g)

Say we have a A = 1.6 square inches (about the size of a quarter), and that Q = 20 gallons per minute.The water level in tank 3 will be 3 inches higher than in tank 4. Also, if you account for friction losses, this height difference will actually be even greater.

grin
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by tk4rd: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2017
femi4:

h = (Q / A)^2 / (2 * g)

The size or cross-sectional area of the connector have nothing to do in this case.. This is not a case of "closed pipe hydraulics" neither is it a case of "pipes under pressure"..
All that matters here is "Atmospheric Pressure", "Gravity", and "difference in level between the connectors"..
Since all the tanks are open to the atmosphere, the atmospheric pressure will always ensure to balance the water levels in the tanks once they are above the highest point of the highest interconnecting junction in the whole set up.
Therefore, at the point when Tanks 3 & 4 are full and overflowing, the water in Tank-2 will maintain a level that is equal to the top level of the water in Tanks 3 & 4; and if you observe carefully, this final water level is above the points of interconnections between the tanks.
Even if the water from the tap above stops flowing, the water in Tank-2 will remain stable at the level coinciding with the top of Tanks 3 & 4. Also, the water in Tanks 3 & 4 will remain full and stable without overflowing until the tap above starts flowing again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by DeraCati92(m): 9:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Tank 3 all d way
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2017
tk4rd:
The size or cross-sectional area of the connector have nothing to do in this case.. This is not a case of "closed pipe hydraulics" neither is it a case of "pipes under pressure"..
All that matters here is "Atmospheric Pressure", "Gravity", and "difference in level between the connectors"..
Since all the tanks are open to the atmosphere, the atmospheric pressure will always ensure to balance the water levels in the tanks once they are above the highest point of the highest interconnecting junction in the whole set up.
Therefore, at the point when Tanks 3 & 4 are full and overflowing, the water in Tank-2 will maintain a level that is equal to the top level of the water in Tanks 3 & 4; and if you observe carefully, this final water level is above the points of interconnections between the tanks.
Even if the water from the tap above stops flowing, the water in Tank-2 will remain stable at the level coinciding with the top of Tanks 3 & 4. Also, the water in Tanks 3 & 4 will remain full and stable without overflowing until the tap above starts flowing again.

You are too much..
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by tk4rd: 9:26am On Jan 03, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

You are too much..
Thanks my brother.. He is just forcing my to be conducting mind experiments here.. But so far I know what I am saying, I can prove myself from any angle.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINTrKspWQg

thankyou for the video jare . My Nigerian brothers and sisters will be arguing a matter of simple common sense without engaging their brains and will not agree until they see oyinbo man tell them otherwise. Then they shout that they have degree and can't find a job.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2017
vodutive:

thankyou for the video jare . My Nigerian brothers and sisters will be arguing a matter of simple common sense without engaging their brains and will not agree until they see oyinbo man tell them otherwise.

HeHehehe grin
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by MackBrooklyn: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Oyind17:
cheesy grin

Olodo... Tank 3 will get filled up first tongue
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 03, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

HeHehehe grin

I cry for my people!! these are the kind of questions employers ask graduates to test their ability to think. Can a container with a hole fill up? How can 3 fill so long as there is an opening? yet they are all there shouting 3!!!! Some are there writing formula!!! It's not a physics question, it's common sense test.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Captain001(m): 10:25am On Jan 03, 2017
ladyF:
My answer is tank 3.

Tank 1 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 2.

Tank 2 can't get filled up because it keeps losing water to tank 3.

Tank 3 can only start filling up tank 4 once it gets sufficient volume/pressure to push water up that height to tank 4. So it's going to get filled up before tank 4 does.

Hope ayam not an olodo o. Oya clap for LadyF.

It's LadyF again grin grin grin

This ladyF get small brain ooh.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Spandy(m): 10:32am On Jan 03, 2017
If the pressure from the water source(tap)is very high, I think tank 1 will be filled up first before any other tank owing to the tiny size of the pipe linking eachother.

1 Like

Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by chiraqDemon(m): 10:34am On Jan 03, 2017
martineinstein:
open your eyes...number 1 will get filled up and others won't
Bro the tanks below 1 are open...3 and 4 will overflow....two will always level at the pipe asme as one.....1 is the one supplying the other 3 tanks
The only way one will fill up is if the other 3 tanks are closed so that 4 will fill first then 3, 2 and 1
Look at it well
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 03, 2017
Nigerians are dulll I'm telling you. The future of this country is not bright at all. Adeboye,T.B joshua etc have dulled our brains no be small
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2017
vodutive:

I cry for my people!! these are the kind of questions employers ask graduates to test their ability to think. Can a container with a hole fill up? How can 3 fill so long as there is an opening? yet they are all there shouting 3!!!! Some are there writing formula!!! It's not a physics question, it's common sense test.

The formula guy though cheesy grin

I laughed in Swahili when I saw that..
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Oyind17:

Gerarahia mehnnn..

Happy new year. Beeeeereee!
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 03, 2017
Mrtolotolo:

Gerarahia mehnnn..

Happy new year. Beeeeereee!
Baba T!!!!! You no try at allgrin

Meet me in the other room
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 03, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

Olodo... Tank 3 will get filled up first tongue
Olodo
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by jo997: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2017
The question is teasing and it seems everyone is certain the 3rd tank will filled first. But the picture is more logical and as such different opinions arise.

from my view, certainly the 3rd will fill up to the height in which it is connected to the 4th tank and as a result forces water to flow into the 4th tank and stay momentarily at that height until the .4th tank is fiilled to the brim before any rise in height of water in the 3rd tank.

so the 4th fills first and followed by 3rd tank
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by jo997: 11:20am On Jan 03, 2017
Spandy:
If the pressure from the water source(tap)is very high, I think tank 1 will be filled up first before any other tank owing to the tiny size of the pipe linking eachother.

<b> pressure </b> hence there is continuous flow then I see no need of using the word pressure to answer the question. moreover the tanks are at different elevations with openings are varied heights, so the naturally the water will be force out through the openings.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by MackBrooklyn: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2017
Oyind17:
Olodo
cheesy grin

Old woman olodo cheesy
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 03, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

Old woman olodo cheesy
Kiddy, you rock my light canvas gift abi cool
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by MackBrooklyn: 11:38am On Jan 03, 2017
Oyind17:
Kiddy, you rock my light canvas gift abi cool

cheesy grin

Lol... What the _fuck is light canvas?? undecided
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 03, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

Lol... What the _fuck is light canvas?? undecided
That canvas with red lights for kids, I bought one for you.
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by MackBrooklyn: 11:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Oyind17:
That canvas with red lights for kids, I bought one for you.

cheesy grin

Well, I didn't get 'em tongue
Re: Which Tank Will Be Full First? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2017
MackBrooklyn:

cheesy grin

Well, I didn't get 'em tongue
You did. Wear them and take a selfie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Date Or Ditch Game / If U Were In The Same Room With The Person Above U,what Will U Do? / Let's Use Smileys Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.