Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,145 members, 7,780,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:22 AM

Advantages Of Attending A Military School. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advantages Of Attending A Military School. (40698 Views)

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel / Inside A Military Secondary School (Photos) / 7 Advantages Of Attending A Public University In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by KingzPen(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
stevebond007:
I agree, Discipline na virtue,
CDSS Ibadan fire, still in me.
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2016
Deenite:
just because u are previlaged (cos u cant get admitted without connect) to go to a military school doesnt make it an advantage. Trust me u have no edge over anyone dat attended a unity school, cos as far as am concerned u r now a bloody civilian.

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by bjbukzy(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
NNSS ABK repping
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by KingzPen(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Abumighty:
Proud of being an Ex-boy
Proud to be one too... NMS/00/5192

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by wonlasewonimi: 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
balanceofterror1:
Thank God BOKO HARAM didn't kill me.

How come?
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Roland17(m): 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Proud Alumni of Command Day Secondary School Ikeja!!!!
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by madskills(m): 3:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
kropotkin2:
Repping Airforce military school Jos 93' set
bager wats ur service no. and sqd?
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Patrik007:
The best story of the Century,
if I hear Positive barrack influence, my guys who have been through that system, behave like touts, smoke weed, They feel like they are gods, They have no respect and value for human lives, Military schools in Nigeria is all hype and trash, Thank God my Mum stopped me from entering one when I was younger, now I know by she stopped me,
my friend angry angry 6 years no food no water....and lots of koboko u now think our agility is the same abi..

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by KingzPen(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
NMS, the one and only...

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by bezimo(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
Reping Airforce Military School,Jos.
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Bibitayo2: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
numericalguy:
The disadvantages are too much.

1. You become anti social. Always feeling like the sore thumb in any social gathering. 2. You lack the yarns to toast babes because all those moto park gra-gra no dey win girls heart. 3. Its very easy for a smart smooth talker to snatch the only babe you finaly hustle to get. 4. They are usually lonely, unhappy and frustrated 5. They resort to hard drugs, weed and end up alcoholics. 6. They are very weak academically and many of them don't make beyond secondary school. 7. The few that make it to universities end up as cultists and get involved in cult fracas and become injured or even killed by rival cult groups 8. They find it heard to become succesfull busines men because of their anti-social nature. 9. They are quick to violence because they always feel every single issue must be resolved violently. 10. Because of their violent nature, they themsleves get injured or even killed in fracas theirby putting their family in terrible sorrows.
Are you kidding me?
proudly CDSSI Odogbo.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Bartwale(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
I remember a classmate bak then in CDSSI,he came in as a transfer student in S.S 1...dude was very brilliant,a nerd nd he seats in d front row,fast forward to S.S3,dude nw seats at d back gambling wit d bad guys....
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by irepsuccess: 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
officialPMN:
Most people think going to a military school has disadvantages or takes a bad toll on children but today on this post I am going to highlight the reasons why going to a military secondary school isn't a bad idea.
1) Discipline
Everyone knows that you can not mess up around uniformed men. They are rules for every activity that goes on in the school and you totally know what an army slap feels like not to talk of flogging so you can not think of going against the rules. In military schools like command secondary school, Discipline is the first word on their motto before knowledge.

2) knowledge
I can confidently tell you that military schools can boast of having the best teachers cause there teachers are carefully selected by the Federal Ministry of Defence yes I said ministry of Defence their teachers are under the ministry of defence not education. So you can be sure of having the best education.

3) Smartness
You can not compare the smartness of a child that attended a military school to other schools. Because while they are busy trying to outsmart a soldier you are busy trying to outsmart a civilian you know the difference. When you spend six years outsmarting a soldier trust me you are totally going to survive on the streets.

3) Barrack Influence
Attending a military school makes you get in contact with barrack peeps as well as the barrack itself. Not everything in the barracks is actually a social vice there is this feeling and vibe that comes from the barracks it grooms you to be tough for the task ahead in the outside world.

4) Easy choice of a career path
When you are in an environment for long it tends to affect your choice of career in the future. Being around the military men makes you see the beauty and importance of their profession so its not always difficult to pick a career.
Too be continued.....

https://pmnlive..co.ke/2016/12/advantages-of-attending-military.html?m=1
I concur!!!
I rep cdssi odogbo
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by numericalguy(m): 3:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bibitayo2:

Are you kidding me?

proudly CDSSI Odogbo.

Why should I kid you.

I feel sorry for you.
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Bartwale(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bibitayo2:
Are you kidding me?
proudly CDSSI Odogbo.
which set did u grad wit?
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by ogenwaokoye(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
officialPMN:
Most people think going to a military school has disadvantages or takes a bad toll on children but today on this post I am going to highlight the reasons why going to a military secondary school isn't a bad idea.
1) Discipline
Everyone knows that you can not mess up around uniformed men. They are rules for every activity that goes on in the school and you totally know what an army slap feels like not to talk of flogging so you can not think of going against the rules. In military schools like command secondary school, Discipline is the first word on their motto before knowledge.

2) knowledge
I can confidently tell you that military schools can boast of having the best teachers cause there teachers are carefully selected by the Federal Ministry of Defence yes I said ministry of Defence their teachers are under the ministry of defence not education. So you can be sure of having the best education.

3) Smartness
You can not compare the smartness of a child that attended a military school to other schools. Because while they are busy trying to outsmart a soldier you are busy trying to outsmart a civilian you know the difference. When you spend six years outsmarting a soldier trust me you are totally going to survive on the streets.

3) Barrack Influence
Attending a military school makes you get in contact with barrack peeps as well as the barrack itself. Not everything in the barracks is actually a social vice there is this feeling and vibe that comes from the barracks it grooms you to be tough for the task ahead in the outside world.

When you are in an environment for long it tends to affect your choice of career in the future. Being around the military men makes you see the beauty and importance of their profession so its not always difficult to pick a career.
Too be continued.....

I don pass
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by xreal: 3:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
demo4ril97:
I am not understand! Come again

you mean?

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by bjbukzy(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
Bants:
Repping Navy Secondary Ibara Abeokuta #ForwardEverBackwardNever 97
morning sir
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Emempaul(m): 3:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
rep NAF primary school and Commandos ipaja 2003 set
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
officialPMN:
1) Discipline

2) knowledge

3) Smartness

3) Barrack Influence

Too be continued.....

If by discipline the first thing that comes to your mind is slap and beating then U dont know what discipline is.
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Emempaul(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
who fill bucket with spoon
who chop koboko daily
multi tasking - chopping on the run
endless frog jumps
invention of new punishment on a daily basis
starvation as a training

sleeping in uncomfortable position just to hide from a senior
House fights and beefs
use of spoon as boiling ring
maths set for ironing
start the term with ur own text book but end it with someone else
jacking of locker

in fact military school was not for the faint hearted
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by numericalguy(m): 3:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
Babzilla:

If by discipline the first thing that comes to your mind is slap and beating then U dont know what discipline is.

That is the problem with them.

Their brain has been damaged from childhood due to the cruelty they suffered from. So the only solution to any issue with them is when they themselves exhibit cruelty.

Its like a child that grew up watching his dad beat up his mum mercilessly, he would always resolve any issue with his girlfriend/wife by beating her mercilessly.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 12, 2016
Patrik007:
The best story of the Century,
if I hear Positive barrack influence, my guys who have been through that system, behave like touts, smoke weed, They feel like they are gods, They have no respect and value for human lives, Military schools in Nigeria is all hype and trash, Thank God my Mum stopped me from entering one when I was younger, now I know by she stopped me,
A barrack boy /girl has come to be synonymous with a person who displays the behaviour you listed. In Hausa the word for being promiscous and indisciplined is "barriki' from the word barracks. In many homes they will never let their kids mingle with barrack folks
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by 5ircreepy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
I rep #CDSS Enugu....

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Yinkagbo(m): 3:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
naijaboiy:
And how about the disadvantages, like losing your life to those haramists while in the war front? undecided

Plus,the way the army dey Bleep the secondary skul students in command secondary skul
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by numericalguy(m): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
Babzilla:

A barrack boy /girl has come to be synonymous with a person who displays the behaviour you listed. In Hausa the word for being promiscous and indisciplined is "barriki' from the word barracks. In many homes they will never let their kids mingle with barrack folks

Yeah. . You are right bro. I remember as kids, our parents used to warn is from mingling with "yaran bariki" meaning barrack children.

Barack children were the worst set of children to mingle with. The girls are so promiscous while the boys were as violent as wild dogs.
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by edudguy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
I rep Command Ojo amd Oshodi

Shout out to all the X Commandos
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Phaisal: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
Yessir they cant beat us,they cant join us
Abumighty:
Proud of being an Ex-boy

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Emempaul(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
zeanslim:
Fact !, repping COMLAG Command ipaja Lagos
c my peeps ooo
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
numericalguy:

Yeah. . You are right bro. I remember as kids, our parents used to warn is from mingling with "yaran bariki" meaning barrack children.

Barack children were the worst set of children to mingle with. The girls are so promiscous while the boys were as violent as wild dogs.
Hahaha so true and they can steal. You vant seperate barrack kids from stealing. They just never could fit in with decent normal folk... and to them that is something to be proud of
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
numericalguy:

That is the problem with them.

Their brain has been damaged from childhood due to the cruelty they suffered from. So the only solution to any issue with them is when they themselves exhibit cruelty.

Its like a child that grew up watching his dad beat up his mum mercilessly, he would always resolve any issue with his girlfriend/wife by beating her mercilessly.

exactly
Re: Advantages Of Attending A Military School. by Emempaul(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
Pascalville:
I rep comlag... Command secondary school ipaja LAGOS 2012 set cheesy

we no dey carry last . at all at all

sotey we come get command extension for AAU ekpoma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Student Beaten Mercilessly By His Teacher For Leaving His Hair Bushy. Photos / Udeh Chiamaka Victoria Graduates With First Class In Medicine In Russia / WAEC Announces Date For 2021 WASSCE Examination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.