Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767529 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by nxt2y: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2014
wip7:
Whats the validity of your student letter/certificate issued to you? If your letter will end by October, you will need to re-apply for visa to enter TRNC but with your valid USA visa you can make the application at Istanbul,..... if not airline will not even allow you to fly from Turkey down to TRNC. The rule is that, you must have valid Mucaret to travel to TRNC as a old student or valid TR visa as a new student or entry visa as a tourist. TRNC does not use USA visa to represent TRNC visa....two different countries!!!
If your Student letter is valid beyond October or will be valid before your arrival.....another way out for you is to contact your university personnel to make arrangement with immigration at Ercan to list your name, so that way if you are stopped...they will check the names listed and allow you in but if not......you may not be allowed to come in.... otherwise apply for TR visa in your current country of residence. We do have many cases like these in the past and thats how we solved the issues!.....i hope this can guide yiu!

Thanks a million Mr wip7 this is very enlightening I couldn't even get this much information from the international office, my student letter covers till October so I may as well leave before it expires that will save me a whole lot of resources.
Again thanks for the good work! smiley

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2014
nxt2y:

Thanks a million Mr wip7 this is very enlightening I couldn't even get this much information from the international office, my student letter covers till October so I may as well leave before it expires that will save me a whole lot of resources.
Again thanks for the good work! smiley

You are welkom...if you enter before it expires u wont have issues....Gdluck!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2014
Oligarki: Thumb's up Mr. Wip7, what a great job you are doing...
how about the TRNC? what plans do they have for people in the same region?
Requested for an appointment at the Turkish embassy since 21st of last month and no word from them yet.
any info will be highly appreciated
Thanks

Kindly wait for them....i dont know about your university you applied to but for us we are yet to send names for new students only old ones sent....Also our university resumes in October and this is August....its kinda early!
Re: North Cyprus by monsurx2: 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2014
wip7:

Kindly wait for them....i dont know about your university you applied to but for us we are yet to send names for new students only old ones sent....Also our university resumes in October and this is August....its kinda early!

I had my interview on the 11th of Aug, which went well and I was told to check back on the 13th of August for my passport.
I got a printed paper attached to a green receipt stating that my visa had not been refused but ve been forwarded to the local Turkish authorities for further examination.

How long does it takes to get a response (on an average)? coz school resumes 1st of September.
Re: North Cyprus by eighty7: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2014
wip7:

EMU-Warwick will admit you directly for master program under Engineering business management at a paid cost mentioned earlier and you have the opportunity to take Info-Tech Master (Free of cost) after the Warwick program due to the collaboration. Both are Master programs but Warwick can admit your CGPA directly and the degree is solely awarded from WARWICK UK while EMU cant... If you are less than 25yrs you may be exempted for courses at undergrad level of EMU and possibly spend 3 semesters, which i may not suggest as time means alot.

As far as i know and my exposure counts, no course/program is useless....the limit to everything or success depends on your imagination...I studied many strange programs and i must tell you am doing too well....and am enjoying it with gangnam style!.. Always travel through less-taken paths...u will reap untouched gems there.....am sure u wont want to hear my story!! Dont commit suicide due to your father/course but be positivist!!

Finally, CIU can admit you into master or even PhD with that CGPA but should be consider as the [b]last option [/b]due to lack of standard and inconsistencies for now.
@Whip, gud advice there! You'll make a good motivational speaker! How was d world cup in Brazil? did emu allow u to go at all? I hail o. miss u like Mo fe daku...lol
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
eighty7:
@Whip, gud advice there! You'll make a good motivational speaker! How was d world cup in Brazil? did emu allow u to go at all? I hail o. miss u like Mo fe daku...lol

hmmmm, world cup was great..i was tied up, i booked hotel for days to enjoyyyyyyyyy some zumba, have some great friends there that visited TRNC last year, they are professional dancers from Sao Paulo.. wanted to see them dance again....anyway i spent just 3days against my 30days.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by eighty7: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
wip7:

hmmmm, world cup was great..i was tied up, i booked hotel for days to enjoyyyyyyyyy some zumba, have some great friends there that visited TRNC last year, they are professional dancers from Sao Paulo.. wanted to see them dance again....anyway i spent just 3days against my 30days.

I knew you would be busy. samba things are awesome. pls I need iPhone when next you go to Hong Kong ooo.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
eighty7:

I knew you would be busy. samba things are awesome. pls I need iPhone when next you go to Hong Kong ooo.

Going to Hong Kong possibly in Nov....maybe i will change my nokia sef..depends on if money dey!
Re: North Cyprus by eighty7: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
wip7:

Going to Hong Kong possibly in Nov....maybe i will change my nokia sef..depends on if money dey!

I know money go dey. I believe you die! I'm looking forward to my iPhone pls ..I go pay any amount. exactly like your type of iPhone. d tin original pass all these ones wey this turkai dey sell here.
Re: North Cyprus by eighty7: 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
wip7:

How AKOL wares business. I go try gather money buy the franchise from you so we go dey do d business when I go back to naija. No money abroad walahi! na naija sure pass!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
eighty7:

I know money go dey. I believe you die! I'm looking forward to my iPhone pls ..I go pay any amount. exactly like your type of iPhone. d tin original pass all these ones wey this turkai dey sell here.

hmmmm mine na poor man iphone anyway...

eighty7:
How AKOL wares business. I go try gather money buy the franchise from you so we go dey do d business when I go back to naija. No money abroad walahi! na naija sure pass!

Yeah there are too much money in Africa....join me and smile.............AKOL wares is doing good we introduced microwave and few other stuffs...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wip7 good day,
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Edemumoh14: Wip7 good day, how do I confirm if my name is among the names in the 15th august batch? Thanks . My name is Edem Umoh bassey, application number U1403731

Kindly email EMU registrar if you applied directly online or your agent if you get your admission via an agent ( may be the agent could hav such info)...i can only confirm for the students i applied for so that way, i wont take the job of the registrar or the agent...but am sure EMU registrar will be willing to assist you. If you have any other untreated case, kindly write on this thread, so you can also get the response! goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 12:00am On Aug 15, 2014
Mr wip, I would like to reapply to METU. Please can i have your email so I can send you my necessary documents. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:49am On Aug 15, 2014
zezebabyxoxo: Mr wip, I would like to reapply to METU. Please can i have your email so I can send you my necessary documents. Thanks

Hi,
What do you mean by re-apply? kindly explain
Re: North Cyprus by SoloD94: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
I have a Nigerian passport. I am travelling to north cyprus on a return ticket. I have a valid north cyprus visa but I dont have a turkish transit visa or schengen. I will use emirates airlines to get to istanbul then turkish airlines to transit to north cyprus. Will I need to get a turkish transit visa for turkey? Because that thing is a little complicated as I will be travelling soon. Thankyou.
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 10:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
I applied for the spring semester, unfortunately I could not make it. The school asked me to reapply for the fall semester.
wip7:

Hi,
What do you mean by re-apply? kindly explain
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 1:13am On Aug 16, 2014
Mr wip please inbox me your email and phone number want to secure an admission for my younger bro for undergraduate programmes my email is.okekeuche71@yahoo.com.many thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:22am On Aug 16, 2014
zezebabyxoxo: I applied for the spring semester, unfortunately I could not make it. The school asked me to reapply for the fall semester.

Ohh I see... Since the university asked u to re-apply then do that like you did before. Or how did you apply before?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:27am On Aug 16, 2014
profGinger: Mr wip please inbox me your email and phone number want to secure an admission for my younger bro for undergraduate programmes my email is.okekeuche71@yahoo.com.many thanks

Thanks find my email in my signature. I only respond to emails not phone calls. Sir, you can give my email to your brother, so if he writes me, I can ask him few questions relating to who will sponsor him and availability of the funds. Thanks!
Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2014
I applied through an agent but he tried to extort me, asking me to pay 600 dollars. I was wondering if you could help me send my documents because you seem like you genuinely want to help nairalanders. Could you write your email address?

wip7:

Ohh I see... Since the university asked u to re-apply then do that like you did before. Or how did you apply before?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
zezebabyxoxo: I applied through an agent but he tried to extort me, asking me to pay 600 dollars. I was wondering if you could help me send my documents because you seem like you genuinely want to help nairalanders. Could you write your email address?

The word seem sounds as though you are not convinced enough..check the bold part of your statement! Anyway.. am not helping Nairalanders but guiding and assisting HUMANS and ANIMALS that needs my help and guidance but am very principled, objective and can be subjective in my dealings. Anyway sometimes, i dont blame the agents since most of the applicants sometimes or most times failed to research and understand the terms agreement or helps.

Agent that operate an office/s will not help you since the office is opened for biz so you have to pay for the services...which means is not help and if you agree to the terms then is not cheating.

I am willing to help you if you can answer the following questions free of cost:

1. I understood that you were earlier admitted but you could not make it....why?

2. Can you make it down to METU if you are awarded 100%?...meaning you have to pay just accommodation and living expense....what happens if you are awarded 50% scholarship?

3. Do you understand that its may be difficult to get job to support your self while studying and if you found a student job, it will only supplement your expenses? how do you survive

4. Are you aware that you have to pay non-refundable application fees to METU? if you have not applied before that can be waived if i applied for you.

5. If you are admitted next week, how soon can you remit the first part-payment? since the university resumes in Sept...

My email is in my signature..you can check for it.
Re: North Cyprus by BECskills: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
wip7 good job you doing out here. How do i get in touch with you as i got an m.sc offer at emu. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
Pls Mr wip... Upon payment of first deposit required by d sch can one defer d admission to 2015 fall session... Isn't that to far for deferment? .... Near East uni tho'
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
And Pls sir can u tell me all required documents n processes for metu ankara campus admission..a friend of mine is interested since deir tuition is mor cheaper Dan dat of trnc
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
jaydave: Pls Mr wip... Upon payment of first deposit required by d sch can one defer d admission to 2015 fall session... Isn't that to far for deferment? .... Near East uni tho'

Depends on university policy....kindly ask the concerned university..at EMU if you dont show up with valid reasons your money is non-refundable.

jaydave: And Pls sir can u tell me all required documents n processes for metu ankara campus admission..a friend of mine is interested since deir tuition is mor cheaper Dan dat of trnc

The requirements and procedure are well written on the university website, ask your friend to visit the site....
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 9:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Since u are an agent and u r selflessly assisting ppl that's y I'm asking from u on his behalf... He wants to apply thru u.. Kindly state d required docs to send to u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
jaydave: Since u are an agent and u r selflessly assisting ppl that's y I'm asking from u on his behalf... He wants to apply thru u.. Kindly state d required docs to send to u

Thanks.. kindly ask him to visit the university website and find the requirements there....applicants can apply direct to the university.
Re: North Cyprus by monsurx2: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hello Wip7, kindly answer the inquiry I posted asregards my application being forwarded to the local turkish authorities. #gracias
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2014
@ wip I sent u an email and credentials of my cousin who intend applying for electrical engineering undergraduate program please revert back to me accordingly. Many thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
profGinger: @ wip I sent u an email and credentials of my cousin who intend applying for electrical engineering undergraduate program please revert back to me accordingly. Many thanks.

Thanks..kindly resend i do not receive your email. When i receive i shall respond.
Re: North Cyprus by profGinger: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls wip check I resent it accordingly respect fully submitted please again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.