Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766521 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Mr Wip what do you suggest i do since i sent the wrong date of proposed travel?

shyeetle: I didn't intend this my first post Buh I must guide my brodas with d little I have.

I would like to advice not to go to the embassy for now without appointment. The security personnels ask for the appointment print out. The dude to check you in has the printout of the day's appointment with some serial numbers to confirm u were invited. The consular will also give u dis printout to sign under ur name. U can imagine ur name not on this broadsheet and what to explain to them and the consular coz he will instruct u to sign under ur serial number.
Thanks
Who are u?
A guest as at May till today,my first post.
I read all details in this thread till date, it has been helpful(vote of thanks later).
I was interviewed today, passing d latest info to u.
Posting not to mislead but to guide.
I hope my English is quite understandable.
Certificates not attested by ministry of edu were ask to do so n return.
U can ask questions here. I am no more a guest, now posting
- docSiraj
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
To3i: Mr Wip what do you suggest i do since i sent the wrong date of proposed travel?

I have replied you before..kindly read the reply!
Re: North Cyprus by shyeetle: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
junior712: Pls is it necessary to go to ministry of foreign affairs for the authentication..

This might not be necessary. The consular only ask for the ministry of edu authentication
Re: North Cyprus by shyeetle: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
To3i: Mr Wip what do you suggest i do since i sent the wrong date of proposed travel?

I will ask about this question on ur behalf at the embassy on Tuesday. Will get feedback later in the 9te.
Hope dis might help u
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 11:41am On Sep 07, 2014
shyeetle:

I will ask about this question on ur behalf at the embassy on Tuesday. Will get feedback later in the 9te.
Hope dis might help u

Thanks bro.
Re: North Cyprus by Entertainer05: 4:20am On Sep 08, 2014
To3i:
Bro abeg ow did u book the emirates n altasjet? And how much did it cost? On a return ticket, cos i rily dnt want go on Turkish airlines.

The price varies though its cheaper than Turkish Airlines. I actually used Emirates cos I wanted to stop at Dubai and buy some things. If you aren't the confident and Inquisitive type I would advise you use Turkish Airline ooo cos all the people I got my Visa with together are using Turkish Airline.
Re: North Cyprus by flowales(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2014
My brother just got his visa last week Friday. He will be resuming at emu next week. Can he buy a one way ticket and which of the airport should he use. Ercan. Or larnacas. And must he travel on Turkish airline.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
flowales: My brother just got his visa last week Friday. He will be resuming at emu next week. Can he buy a one way ticket and which of the airport should he use. Ercan. Or larnacas. And must he travel on Turkish airline.

I came through one way this time last year...(Emirate)..I had no problems with the Immigration cos I have someone who works at the airport...3 of my friends came through the same means...But to be on the safer side, u can pay for return....Airport should be Ercan..Larnaca is in another country in which u dont have their visa
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2014
Use Emirate in order to save ur money....Emirate is better than Turkish...Turkish is only faster
To3i:
Bro abeg ow did u book the emirates n altasjet? And how much did it cost? On a return ticket, cos i rily dnt want go on Turkish airlines.

Re: North Cyprus by zezebabyxoxo: 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2014
What is the procedure to acquire tourist visa to TRNC?
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 9:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Entertainer05:

The price varies though its cheaper than Turkish Airlines. I actually used Emirates cos I wanted to stop at Dubai and buy some things. If you aren't the confident and Inquisitive type I would advise you use Turkish Airline ooo cos all the people I got my Visa with together are using Turkish Airline.

I dnt wanna do turkish datz y i askd abt Emirates, can u tell me hw mch u paid and whr u booked the flight if u dnt mind, thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by iscbaba: 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2014
Sir,pls can u help me wt a sch dat offer water and envromenta civil engr.hw much wl cover al d expenses.i prefer turkey.thx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2014
METU AIRPORT PICK UP FORM

For all students admitted to METU for Fall 2014, kindly be reminded that today is the last day to fill he pick up form online and the airport pick services ends by 19th Sept.

EMU NEW LIST TO TURKISH EMBASSY ABUJA

A new list of names have been sent to Turkish embassy and it contains all prospective students that got their confirmation letter of payment till Yesterday.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
U can book urself..Its nothing difficult...http://emirates.com... Thats Emirate's website
To3i:

I dnt wanna do turkish datz y i askd abt Emirates, can u tell me hw mch u paid and whr u booked the flight if u dnt mind, thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by shyeetle: 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2014
To3i:

Thanks bro.

Apparently, the embassy is aware that you made this mistake as ur purpose of travel is studies, and should leave for school earlier than ur date. I quote him ' it will be corrected since he is going for studies '
Re: North Cyprus by shyeetle: 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
I appreciate everyone that has help one way or the other by asking questions, answering them. Following this thread is a great tool for me till date as I got my passport today with ENTRY PERMISSION. I volunteer to help anyone dat might need some help within my reach, questions are warmly welcomed. I should commend the effort of the driven force of the thread WIP7, u ve got this leadership skills and spirit to help, thank u sir.
Penroll, others my salute. Thank u sirs

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
shyeetle: I appreciate everyone that has help one way or the other by asking questions, answering them. Following this thread is a great tool for me till date as I got my passport today with ENTRY PERMISSION. I volunteer to help anyone dat might need some help within my reach, questions are warmly welcomed. I should commend the effort of the driven force of the thread WIP7, u ve got this leadership skills and spirit to help, thank u sir.

Guy pls snd me ur numba n i dey abj now i wil try to go to d embassy 2mao, can we hook up 2mao here is my mail tobastron1@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
togsonkaks: U can book urself..Its nothing difficult...http://emirates.com... Thats Emirate's website

I know that, from istanbul to ercan nko?
Re: North Cyprus by To3i(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2014
togsonkaks: U can book urself..Its nothing difficult...http://emirates.com... Thats Emirate's website
Im fully aware of dat bt wat of ist-ecn?
Re: North Cyprus by shyeetle: 12:04am On Sep 10, 2014
To3i:

Guy pls snd me ur numba n i dey abj now i wil try to go to d embassy 2mao, can we hook up 2mao here is my mail tobastron1@gmail.com
I left Abuja as I have no business there again for now, M in kay dee now.
Sent u a mail
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2014
shyeetle: I appreciate everyone that has help one way or the other by asking questions, answering them. Following this thread is a great tool for me till date as I got my passport today with ENTRY PERMISSION. I volunteer to help anyone dat might need some help within my reach, questions are warmly welcomed. I should commend the effort of the driven force of the thread WIP7, u ve got this leadership skills and spirit to help, thank u sir.

Safest trip! You can be want you want at the Island or anywhere and its only you that can limit yourself...dont forget your locus and stay focus and i wish you success!
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
The international office of Eastern Mediterranean University have a program called Freshers’ student mentorship Program(FSMP) which is designed to cater to the needs of Freshmen(incoming students) who arrive at EMU each semester. It allows Freshmen to have contact with existing students here at EMU who are part of the program and who can help answer any questions freshmen have even before their arrival on campus and also in their academics.

For more details on the program and if you which to partake in it please go to http://io.emu.edu.tr/fsmp/ or feel free to send me a mail which can be found on my signature.

Stay say and be safe when you get here and during your trip. Good luck all

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2014

you welcome and hope you make your family,country and even us to be proud. Safe trip and be safe also
Re: North Cyprus by pittoilet(f): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
please house my final destination is at larnaca, how safe is it to land there and will i get to emu from there cos i know i dnt have the southern cyprus visa i also heard the school bus will pick me from the southern part of cyprus how true is it please, dnt wanna be stranded
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
pittoilet: please house my final destination is at larnaca, how safe is it to land there and will i get to emu from there cos i know i dnt have the southern cyprus visa i also heard the school bus will pick me from the southern part of cyprus how true is it please, dnt wanna be stranded

I dunno who gave you this advise and information but my dear if you don't wanna spoil your passport and are still interested in travelling to other countries, pls go and cancel the ticket. Collect whatever they give you and think of it as the price you must pay for your ignorance.

Book a Flight to Turkey instead. I can help you book an altas jet connection to Ercan if you need that. You won't even be allowed out of the airport not to talk of school picking you up.
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
To3i:

You can book that with your Gtb card, if you don't have that, I can help you book from here.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
pittoilet: please house my final destination is at larnaca, how safe is it to land there and will i get to emu from there cos i know i dnt have the southern cyprus visa i also heard the school bus will pick me from the southern part of cyprus how true is it please, dnt wanna be stranded
Larnaca is south cyprus and no school bus go there. so if you dont have visa for there better dont book your flight to go there else you will be deported back to Nigeria and not to northern cyprus. So be advice and book to north cyprus or change the flight if you have already booked it to larnaca.
If not that i now work with school and intl office i normally dont respond to this type of questions and i know wip wont as well cause you vividly know u dont have visa for that part and still you booking your flight to go there. Even if you have not travelled before does not mean you wont know what is suppose to or not.
well a word is enough for the wise....
Re: North Cyprus by onedebos: 7:41pm On Sep 10, 2014
Entertainer05: Wadup Peeps... Writing LIVE from EMU. Baba God has been so good that no amount of thanks would be enough. All the travels from one place to the other since first week of August. Flying Emirates from Lagos to Dubai to Istanbul and then Atlas Jet from Istanbul to Ercan, everything was smoother than bottle (Imagine having excess luggage and nobody asked me for a dime). EMU international office picked me up like a boss... Gave me free accommodation till Monday... Una get mouth jare! Any EMU student here to show me around or any new student that just arrived grin

You can join our group on whatsapp. I'm sure someone will be available to pick you up
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2014
onedebos:

You can book that with your Gtb card, if you don't have that, I can help you book from here.

To3i:

Be careful when sending money to students account in the name of helping cause not all that glitters are gold.
Re: North Cyprus by pittoilet(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
penroll55:
Larnaca is south cyprus and no school bus go there. so if you dont have visa for there better dont book your flight to go there else you will be deported back to Nigeria and not to northern cyprus. So be advice and book to north cyprus or change the flight if you have already booked it to larnaca.
If not that i now work with school and intl office i normally dont respond to this type of questions and i know wip wont as well cause you vividly know u dont have visa for that part and still you booking your flight to go there. Even if you have not travelled before does not mean you wont know what is suppose to or not.
well a word is enough for the wise....
thanks dearie, will have to book another flight grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by pittoilet(f): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
onedebos:

I dunno who gave you this advise and information but my dear if you don't wanna spoil your passport and are still interested in travelling to other countries, pls go and cancel the ticket. Collect whatever they give you and think of it as the price you must pay for your ignorance.

Book a Flight to Turkey instead. I can help you book an altas jet connection to Ercan if you need that. You won't even be allowed out of the airport not to talk of school picking you up.
lol grin grin grin thanks dearie!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.