Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767483 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sir wip7 I saw 6500euro on the GAU website as the fee for masters program. (Complete programme) is this including the 50 percent discout or am I to pay 3200 euro?.

I wanna compare the fess with that of EMU(masters in info tech)
*pls do u hv an idea of the EMU fees for my course and the accomodation.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:22am On Dec 18, 2014
Brainpower365:
@wip7, Hello bro,i have been followin ur post and it has really help. I want to thank u for the great work.Please i need your help to guide me through my younger brother visa process.My younger got admission in EMU and we have paid the school fees and recieve comfirmation of payment.Today we made a "Appointment Request" at the site.So my question is what is the next step and how long will it take to recieve their request.Then i back dated of travel from the registration date hope there is no problem ? I also want to know if there is any visa application fees .Thanks alot and I am expecting your reply.

At EMU, we have not sent any list to embassy, so embassy will not reply you now. EMU first list shall go to embassy on 17th Jan, 2015. There is visa fees for almost all embassy as far as i know. I advise you visit Turkish embassy Abuja website to check all the required documents, procedure and details.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Amosiye:
Thanks a billion sir. I appreciate I intend going for msc in computer engineering @ gau. Then still contemplating on wether to go for masters in info tech. @ emu..

Pls in terms of the tuition fees, accomodation and cost of living which is more affordable.

I advise you visit both university websites to see and compare fees. EMU area could be slightly cheaper due to more visitors in GAU zones.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Amosiye:
Sir wip7 I saw 6500euro on the GAU website as the fee for masters program. (Complete programme) is this including the 50 percent discout or am I to pay 3200 euro?.

I wanna compare the fess with that of EMU(masters in info tech)
*pls do u hv an idea of the EMU fees for my course and the accomodation.

EMU infotech inclusive of scholarship whole program cost 4700usd. Check the web for accommodation and choose the type u want and see the fees.
Re: North Cyprus by miracleanyigbo: 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
@wip 7 sir i just made payments today 19th of december 2014 at emu account cyprus via gtb bank, i paid $2300 sir i wanna know how long and if i would be able to receive the confirmation letter too............
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2014
miracleanyigbo:
@wip 7 sir i just made payments today 19th of december 2014 at emu account cyprus via gtb bank, i paid $2300 sir i wanna know how long and if i would be able to receive the confirmation letter too............

Why did you pay 2300usd?....... you have to pay exact amount stated on your offer letter. How did you apply for admission? Directly yourself or via agent? You wont receive confirmation letter if you pay less than stated.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 22, 2014
Hello sir,

I would like to apply to the Eastern Mediterranean University to study Economics. Please do you know if I can still apply now? and when would I get to resume if I am accepted.

Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by stoicism: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
wip7:

Why did you pay 2300usd?....... you have to pay exact amount stated on your offer letter. How did you apply for admission? Directly yourself or via agent? You wont receive confirmation letter if you pay less than stated.

I am inquiring for a friend. He has a first degree already, but interested in an undergraduate degree in Engineering he is 27 years can he still apply given d age restriction on the basis of the fact that he already a graduate, BTech. Can he get a 50% scholarship and can the first tuition fee be paid in installment ?....tnx in advance
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
stoicism:

I am inquiring for a friend. He has a first degree already, but interested in an undergraduate degree in Engineering he is 27 years can he still apply given d age restriction on the basis of the fact that he already a graduate, BTech. Can he get a 50% scholarship and can the first tuition fee be paid in installment ?....tnx in advance

Good day,

No he wont be admitted at EMU irrespective of his earlier educational pursuit since age limit for mostly African prospective undergraduate students at EMU is 25yrs.

Some other University may consider him in TRNC, example METU will like to scrutinize his transcript and ensure they know the reason for another undergrad studies. I think CIU, NEU, GAU may not care about the age, so you can ask him to get in touch with those if he is satisfy with them.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
Adeolaadebayo95:
Hello sir,

I would like to apply to the Eastern Mediterranean University to study Economics. Please do you know if I can still apply now? and when would I get to resume if I am accepted.

Thank you.

Visit the University website to read the calender and deadline for application.
Re: North Cyprus by Brainpower365: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
@wip7, please what should be the minimum amount in my parent bank account statement to apply for my visa.Please reply thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
Brainpower365:
@wip7, please what should be the minimum amount in my parent bank account statement to apply for my visa.Please reply thanks.

Sufficient amount that can cover a full year fees and expenses should be okay..no fixed amount.
Re: North Cyprus by Brainpower365: 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
@Wip7,visa appointment date have be given to me which is jan 7 for EMU.Should i grant the appointment or wait till when names are sent to embassy by jan 17.Plz reply thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
Brainpower365:
@Wip7,visa appointment date have be given to me which is jan 7 for EMU.Should i grant the appointment or wait till when names are sent to embassy by jan 17.Plz reply thanks.

You may visit the embassy, but EMU will send list after 17th Jan 2015.
Re: North Cyprus by Brainpower365: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2014
@wip7, please sir i want to know if national id and viccination card are important document for visa requirement because i was ask to bring it along on the 7th jan but due to health workers on strike i was not able to get the vaccination card and due to lackadesical character in nigeria office i was not able to get the national id.so what is your advise because i am confuse?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Brainpower365:
@wip7, please sir i want to know if national id and viccination card are important document for visa requirement because i was ask to bring it along on the 7th jan but due to health workers on strike i was not able to get the vaccination card and due to lackadesical character in nigeria office i was not able to get the national id.so what is your advise because i am confuse?

You can obtain vaccination card from Any reputable hospital after you have been vaccinated. If the Govt. Hospitals are on strike, the private wont go on strike. I am reading about National ID for the first time from you. The past applicants have not been asked even as of last semester. So it may be new requirement.....
Re: North Cyprus by Kencool2(m): 11:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
@wip... Please is it possible i will still get admission for my Bsc(i would be 25 by oct this year) and am applying for admission this month...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 04, 2015
wip7:

Good day,

No he wont be admitted at EMU irrespective of his earlier educational pursuit since age limit for mostly African prospective undergraduate students at EMU is 25yrs.

Some other University may consider him in TRNC, example METU will like to scrutinize his transcript and ensure they know the reason for another undergrad studies. I think CIU, NEU, GAU may not care about the age, so you can ask him to get in touch with those if he is satisfy with them.

Bro please can I still apply to METU,I can't find the deadline there and please are there Bachelor's courses taught in English??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
Danishdavy:

Bro please can I still apply to METU,I can't find the deadline there and please are there Bachelor's courses taught in English??

All program in METU NCC are taught in English. The deadline is Jan 10.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kencool2:
@wip... Please is it possible i will still get admission for my Bsc(i would be 25 by oct this year) and am applying for admission this month...

You can try that.... What program are you apply for?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 04, 2015
wip7:

All program in METU NCC are taught in English. The deadline is Jan 10.

Bro what do you mean by NCC and can you give me the link for applying?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2015
Danishdavy:

Bro what do you mean by NCC and can you give me the link for applying?

Go through my post via this link : https://www.nairaland.com/351402/north-cyprus/161

Is on page 161 of this thread... you will find the link to METU advert and you can go via the link or type METU NCC on google bar, it will land you in the page.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by stoicism: 8:48am On Jan 07, 2015
wip7:

You may visit the embassy, but EMU will send list after 17th Jan 2015.

I read a report from a Turkish uni website that student visa is no longer required for international students to travel to turkey. How true is this pls?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
stoicism:

I read a report from a Turkish uni website that student visa is no longer required for international students to travel to turkey. How true is this pls?

Kindly contact the Turkish embassy of your country
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 10:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi all;

I need information with regards to North Cyprus study visa application; the turkish embassy Abuja website isn't responding.

It's quite urgent; I need your help guys.

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 1:11am On Jan 08, 2015
adegbitetunji:
Hi all;
I need information with regards to North Cyprus study visa application; the turkish embassy Abuja website isn't responding.
It's quite urgent; I need your help guys.
Thanks

Can you be more explicit on the information you need?
Re: North Cyprus by Skozy: 6:04am On Jan 08, 2015
just book appointment by following this procedure
Visa Application: Appointment Procedure,

VISA INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT PROCEDURE

To apply for Turkish visa in the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Abuja, applicants should book an appointment by sending an e-mail to

visa.turkembabuja@gmail.com

The subject of the e-mail message for the appointment request should simply be “Appointment Request”.

The exact content of the message could be found below:

Full name: ........ (in BLOCK LETTERS)
Passport number: ........
Purpose of the trip: ........
Planned date of travel: ........

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Applicants without an appointment will not be attended.

- Messages sent with another subject line as well as messages including any sort of additional info or inquiry will be disregarded.

- The content requested above must be written in the e-mail text. Attachments will be disregarded.

- Due to high number of visa applications, applicants are advised to send their messages for visa interview appointment at least 4 weeks before their prospective travel dates.

- The applicant will be notified about the appointment date shortly after the e-mail message for visa interview appointment is received by the Embassy.

- Applicants are strictly advised to book only one (1) appointment within one month. Multiple bookings within one month will be punished by cancellation of all appointments without notice.

--
EMBASSY:
Address:
Plot:333, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 6:58am On Jan 08, 2015
Skozy:
just book appointment by following this procedure
Visa Application: Appointment Procedure,

To apply for Turkish visa in the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Abuja, applicants should book an appointment by sending an e-mail to

The subject of the e-mail message for the appointment request should simply be “Appointment Request”.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- Messages sent with another subject line as well as messages including any sort of additional info or inquiry will be disregarded.

- The content requested above must be written in the e-mail text. Attachments will be disregarded.

- Due to high number of visa applications, applicants are advised to send their messages for visa interview appointment at least 4 weeks before their prospective travel dates.

- The applicant will be notified about the appointment date shortly after the e-mail message for visa interview appointment is received by the Embassy.

- Applicants are strictly advised to book only one (1) appointment within one month. Multiple bookings within one month will be punished by cancellation of all appointments without notice.

--
EMBASSY:
Address:
Plot:333, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja

Thanks chief; is there any Visa application form to fill? If yes; where can I get it?
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2015
Phhconnect:

Can you be more explicit on the information you need?

Thanks chief; I need information on the application documents and if there's need for a VISA application form; where I can get it etc...
I'd like anyone that has gone through the process or is going through it now to kindly leave a comment
Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 9:57am On Jan 08, 2015
Yes you do need fill an application form. I attached a copy of the application form and below are the necessary details for making appointment (copied from the Turkish website)

IMPORTANT NOTES:

STUDENT VISA APPLICATIONS
(including students traveling to Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, students traveling for language training purposes, students wishing to study in Turkey and other countries)

1. At least 6 months valid passport, with enough blank pages for visa sticker (to be seen and returned to the applicant until the approval of application),

2. Copies of the relevant pages of the passport (data and extension pages),

3. Duly filled visa application form,

4. One (1) passport-size photograph,

5. Admission and Acceptance Letter by the University,

6. Payment receipt of school fees,

7. Confirmation letter from the school acknowledging receipt of payment,

8. If the travel purpose is language training, the certification of language course issued by the Turkish Ministry of Education,

9. Proof of basic education, copies of graduation diploma and certificates (W.A.S.C., S.S.C.E., Statement of Result, etc.) duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education

10. Proof of BA education, copy of university graduation diploma duly signed and approved by the Federal Ministry of Education (For master students),

11. Guarantee letter signed by the sponsor and the student, stating that the sponsor will cover all the expenses of the student and that the student will never apply to any person or institution (including university) for financial support or scholarship, certified by a notary public,

12. A copy of “Certificate of Company Incorporation” of the sponsor (if using his/her personal company)

13. A copy of certificate of income tax clearance of the sponsor,

14. Original “personal” bank statement for the last three months of the sponsor together with original approval/reference letter from the bank branch manager

15. “Vaccination Card” for yellow fever and typhoid diseases.

NOTE: Students who intend to study in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus are issued one-month transit visas and upon arrival study resident permit

*** Fees are payable only in cash at the Embassy
NIGERIAN NATIONALS:
Single Entry: 10.000 Nairas

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.