Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,426 members, 7,800,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766280 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks
Darange:
you can pay via form a with your bank and the charges are even cheaper compared to dorm charges of USD60
Re: North Cyprus by oluwatushie: 10:10am On Jan 16, 2015
Brainpower365:
The interview went well my visa as been approve but was ask to come back to stamp my passport when Emu sent their list to embassy.
Don't be scared it just normal questions what the name of the school you going and how much did you pay,what course are you going to steady and they will ask of your name ... n they will tick it ,that all
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Brainpower whch course re u going for, is it masters cuz me naa EMU too oohh....mak we relate well abeg
Re: North Cyprus by stoicism: 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
oluwatushie:
Don't be scared it just normal questions what the name of the school you going and how much did you pay,what course are you going to steady and they will ask of your name ... n they will tick it ,that all

pls is it true that student visa is no longer required for students traveling to study in TURKEY OR TURKISH UNIS ?
Re: North Cyprus by taregs: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
@wip you really doing a great job helping students come over here for studies. sir, i have an inquiry to make regrading my international passport, sir it will soon expire here so i want to ask how i can renew it or get another one here.
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 4:23pm On Jan 17, 2015
My great Doctor Wip....how business....pls I want to know how far on weda d list frm EMU has been sent to the turkish embassy so that I cn book my appointment

Thnkx my oga @ d top & more power to ur elbow
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:54am On Jan 18, 2015
taregs:
@wip you really doing a great job helping students come over here for studies. sir, i have an inquiry to make regrading my international passport, sir it will soon expire here so i want to ask how i can renew it or get another one here.

The embassy officials should be around days before graduation at EMU. Kindly visit EMU international center to make inquiry for exact date the embassy officials will be around.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:59am On Jan 18, 2015
milesnorthman12:
My great Doctor Wip....how business....pls I want to know how far on weda d list frm EMU has been sent to the turkish embassy so that I cn book my appointment

Thnkx my oga @ d top & more power to ur elbow

First list of all applicants that have received their confirmation letters will be sent on 19th Jan to Abuja and the list should be available from 21st with the consular.

You don't need to wait for list to reach Abuja before you apply, records from Abuja indicated that 110 EMU applicants from Nigeria have been approved visas last week and will picked their visas from next week Friday. 35 applicants from METU already picked their visas.

So apply as soon as you receive your confirmation letter of payment!
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 11:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
Thank u boss.....will do that today unfailingly
Re: North Cyprus by miracleanyigbo: 8:12am On Jan 19, 2015
oga boss,please i have received my confirmation letter and i have applied for appointment in the embassy i have nt yet gotten reply since then.please i want you to help me check if my name is on the list sent today to embassy.name MIRACLE ANYIGBO UZONNA .thanks may God bless u
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 10:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Boss thnkz a billion for d great job here....I hv booked an appointment today bt please I will b eternally grateful if u could help me check my name on d list for master students that will sent to the embassy today...
Name: Daniel Timothy John
I will appreciate to know the number as well jes in case.
Thank u my great Doc
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 10:48am On Jan 19, 2015
@Miracle, brother u nid to b patient oohh..it taks lyks 2 or 3 days for them to reply U....I equally booked as well today
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 2:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
Please...friendiesss im a little bit comfused!
I recvd my cnfrmation letter frm emu but dey said it wil b sent to d embaasy after 19/01/15 so my question is.....aftr its bn sent to d embassy will we be imfrmd?
Do we hv to request for an appointmnt wit d embassy even though our names have been sent to d embassy or not?
If so plx Help me through.......Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 2:56pm On Jan 20, 2015
@wip7......is it possible for we to get our visas ready before election commences!!!
Ive made ma flyt bookin to be on 25/01/15
how i wsh i could be able to make it to Emu on dat day§§§§§§§§§
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 4:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Guys; where can I get typhoid vaccination card?
Re: North Cyprus by oluwatushie: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
stoicism:

pls is it true that student visa is no longer required for students traveling to study in TURKEY OR TURKISH UNIS ?
my bro visa is require oo because sch will send ur name to embassy to visa n without the visa u won't allow to come in 2 turkey
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
danejo06:
@wip7......is it possible for we to get our visas ready before election commences!!!
Ive made ma flyt bookin to be on 25/01/15
how i wsh i could be able to make it to Emu on dat day§§§§§§§§§

All the names of those that have received their confirmation letters before 19th January have been sent to embassy and should be in embassy before Friday. Tangible number of EMU applicants have been approved visas and shall get their stamps on Friday or next week.

So embassy determines when you get your visas as soon as they receive the details from the concerned University.

Kindly note; classes commence in March, so there is no point coming here in January because no place to accommodate you since students are still in session, so you will end up looking for apartment outside, you will become tired and waste a lot of money before March. Its advisable to fly down from 20th of Feb.

Anyway its a choice! but those are the challenges you might face when you come here around Jan 25th...! Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hahahahahaha....thnk U Lord....Oga Wip best piece of advice mehn, I will be coming as from 22nd of February as U rytly pointed out....one needs to b economically wise!!

@adegbi...u cn get urs at the airport in lagos since most health workers are on strike, cuz I hv tried both private and local health care centres bt they don't have it...
Goodluck bro!!
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2015
adegbitetunji:
Guys; where can I get typhoid vaccination card?
from ur nearest Hospital its also knwn as Yellow card....
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
wip7:

All the names of those that have received their confirmation letters before 19th January have been sent to embassy and should be in embassy before Friday. Tangible number of EMU applicants have been approved visas and shall get their stamps on Friday or next week.

So embassy determines when you get your visas as soon as they receive the details from the concerned University.

Kindly note; classes commence in March, so there is no point coming here in January because no place to accommodate you since students are still in session, so you will end up looking for apartment outside, you will become tired and waste a lot of money before March. Its advisable to fly down from 20th of Feb.

Anyway its a choice! but those are the challenges you might face when you come here around Jan 25th...! Good luck!

Thanks for d advce maaannn!!!
Still waitn for ur reply...do we have to make an appointment wif d embassy or nt...since our names had being sent by our University to d Embassy
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Hahahahahaha....thnk U Lord....Oga Wip best piece of advice mehn, I will be coming as from 22nd of February as U rytly pointed out....one needs to b economically wise!!

hehehe u bah!!! Hmm well its gud of u
Best of luck bro!
C u dia on Top
@adegbi...u cn get urs at the airport in lagos since most health workers are on strike, cuz I hv tried both private and local health care centres bt they don't have it...
Goodluck bro!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
danejo06:

Thanks for d advce maaannn!!!
Still waitn for ur reply...do we have to make an appointment wif d embassy or nt...since our names had being sent by our University to d Embassy

Visit the Turkish embassy Abuja website for procedure on Visa. Updated information on getting visa is stated on their website.
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2015
wip7:

Visit the Turkish embassy Abuja website for procedure on Visa. Updated information on getting visa is stated on their website.
thumbs up maaan!!
Glad to have u by***
Again on my visa form...it states weathr i want single entry or multiple...plz wch one should i chosse
Also regardn transit;;;wat dox dat mean??
Cause i cn c single transit nd double trnsit!!
Advce bro....<3
Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 11:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
danejo06:

thumbs up maaan!!
Glad to have u by***
Again on my visa form...it states weathr i want single entry or multiple...plz wch one should i chosse
Also regardn transit;;;wat dox dat mean??
Cause i cn c single transit nd double trnsit!!
Advce bro....<3
Single entry is fine.
You be transiting through Turkey, while your stop is Northern Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by nonsooo: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2015
dr wip...i attended a seminar organised by ciu and i was given a Conditional Acceptance Letter, and expected to pay 2500euros to get the Unconditional acceptance letter. after paying d 2500euros wich i am about to pay, how do i get d UAL...because i got my CAL at a seminar last week
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2015
nonsooo:
dr wip...i attended a seminar organised by ciu and i was given a Conditional Acceptance Letter, and expected to pay 2500euros to get the Unconditional acceptance letter. after paying d 2500euros wich i am about to pay, how do i get d UAL...because i got my CAL at a seminar last week

Why don't you ask the school how they deliver documents?
They will have the answers.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2015
nonsooo:

worry359:

Why don't you ask the school how they deliver documents? They will have the answers....and most universities do email the UAL after payment to the registered email filled on the application form
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2015
Here is a re-post of possible questions that might be confusing to new students applying for visa interview.
NB: THE NUMBERS IS ACCORDINGLY AS IT IS NUMBERED ON THE VISA APPLICATION FORM

1. your surname as in intl passport
2. skip it
3. your name or names as written on your intl passport
5. Put nothing here
7. The city and country you were born.
13. here tick ordinary passport
21. Tick transit
22. Tick single entry
23. Write few days
27. Tick other and write for studies.
28. Date you will get to Cyprus(you can access how long will take from Nigeria to Cyprus via online flight booking).
29. Date you intend leaving Nigeria
30. Write Turkey
31. Write flight
33. write the address of the School you going,the school telephone number and E-mail.

That's all i think new applicant might find difficult or confusing.

And please you all should try and read through previous post so as not to keep on asking same question repeatedly and will also have more idea about where you going and other stuff you never had the mind to ask.

Wish you all luck....
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2015
Yo Master wip....can i trvl to abj by tmrw...to artnd d intrview?
Since u said our names wil b available at d consule by today?
Or should i wait for comfrmation from my Uni??
Thanks man!
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 10:56am On Jan 21, 2015
penroll55:
Here is a re-post of possible questions that might be confusing to new students applying for visa interview.
NB: THE NUMBERS IS ACCORDINGLY AS IT IS NUMBERED ON THE VISA APPLICATION FORM

1. your surname as in intl passport
2. skip it
3. your name or names as written on your intl passport
5. Put nothing here
7. The city and country you were born.
13. here tick ordinary passport
21. Tick transit
22. Tick single entry
23. Write few days
27. Tick other and write for studies.
28. Date you will get to Cyprus(you can access how long will take from Nigeria to Cyprus via online flight booking).
29. Date you intend leaving Nigeria
30. Write Turkey
31. Write flight
33. write the address of the School you going,the school telephone number and E-mail.

That's all i think new applicant might find difficult or confusing.

And please you all should try and read through previous post so as not to keep on asking same question repeatedly and will also have more idea about where you going and other stuff you never had the mind to ask.

Wish you all luck....

Thanks man!
Buh u said we should input few days under no. Of days?
Is one year much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.