Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767527 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 9:27am On Jan 27, 2015
wip7:

Hi,

Send me the required documents around April.
goodday mr wip,am having a slight issue
the problem is my dad bears his last name as Nwamara, which was his fathers' name,
but i on the other hand as well as my relatives bears Okwuonu as our last name,
will any problem arise due to that,coz often times wheneva i want to register,i get confuse as to wether to use Okwuonu or Nwamara..sometimes i use both,or Okwuonu in one occasion and Nwamara in another occasion..he is going to be my sponsor to study at EMU.. he was suggesting he change his name to Nwamara Okwuonu...but i dnt like his idea coz the name is too long,and it makes things get complicated,
will any problem arise even though he doesnt make a change of the name..coz i am gonna use okwuonu for all my registrations
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2015
kuzee:

goodday mr wip,am having a slight issue
the problem is my dad bears his last name as Nwamara, which was his fathers' name,
but i on the other hand as well as my relatives bears Okwuonu as our last name,
will any problem arise due to that,coz often times wheneva i want to register,i get confuse as to wether to use Okwuonu or Nwamara..sometimes i use both,or Okwuonu in one occasion and Nwamara in another occasion..he is going to be my sponsor to study at EMU.. he was suggesting he change his name to Nwamara Okwuonu...but i dnt like his idea coz the name is too long,and it makes things get complicated,
will any problem arise even though he doesnt make a change of the name..coz i am gonna use okwuonu for all my registrations

Is your surname on your international passport and certificate same or different? EMU and the embassy use these two documents for evaluation. In either way, affidavit will assist you a long way to support your application if your surname differs in the Intl. passport and certificate.
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2015
wip7:

Is your surname on your international passport and certificate same or different? EMU and the embassy use these two documents for evaluation. In either way, affidavit will assist you a long way to support your application if your surname differs in the Intl. passport and certificate.
have not yet done my international passport,but all my document bears my lastname okwuonu..i want to use thesame name for my passport,but my pops insist he will change the name before i can register for a passport to avoid misconceptions in the future.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2015
kuzee:

have not yet done my international passport,but all my document bears my lastname okwuonu..i want to use thesame name for my passport,but my pops insist he will change the name before i can register for a passport to avoid misconceptions in the future.

He is your dad, so let him do what he wants if he pleases him and you. It wont affect you. Just get affidavit handy.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 5:42pm On Jan 27, 2015
Greeting to all in the house. Sir wip I must greet u specially, God bless u all for ur assistance and info in this lovely forum. Pls which of the bank accounts(master card or visa card) is advisable to get in Nigeria so I can mk withdrawal or pay for good or services while in N.C.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2015
Amosiye:
Greeting to all in the house. Sir wip I must greet u specially, God bless u all for ur assistance and info in this lovely forum. Pls which of the bank accounts(master card or visa card) is advisable to get in Nigeria so I can mk withdrawal or pay for good or services while in N.C.
I currently have a firstbank verve card, a zenith bank master card, and an access bank account with no atm card
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
Does any of this comply
Amosiye:
I currently have a firstbank verve card, a zenith bank master card, and an access bank account with no atm card
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Amosiye:

I can only talk about the two I have used/using:

Diamond debit card: good for average student or regular person. Charges low around 240N per withdrawal on ATM, no charges on POS or online transaction. Maximum withdrawal on individual account daily is around 850USD while for corporate is 2500USD and this is linked to your local account in Nigeria. They recently have Foreign currency card and linked to your dorm account directly. You can get both!

Standard chartered: This is good for business minded person/heavy withdrawal. Charges around 1-3% per withdrawal and you can withdraw up to 8000usd per day depending on card type. Very efficient, secure and great customer rep. They do have double layer security on cards so as to prevent ATM cloning.

I have not used these but most of Nigerian students use them here:
a. GTB
b. First bank
c. UBA

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thanks boss.
wip7:

I can only talk about the two I have used/using:

Diamond debit card: good for average student or regular person. Charges low around 240N per withdrawal on ATM, no charges on POS or online transaction. Maximum withdrawal on individual account daily is around 850USD while for corporate is 2500USD and this is linked to your local account in Nigeria. They recently have Foreign currency card and linked to your dorm account directly. You can get both!

Standard chartered: This is good for business minded person/heavy withdrawal. Charges around 1-3% per withdrawal and you can withdraw up to 8000usd per day depending on card type. Very efficient, secure and great customer rep. They do have double layer security on cards so as to prevent ATM cloning.

I have not used these but most of Nigerian students use them here:
a. GTB
b. First bank
c. UBA

God bless.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Amosiye:
Does any of this comply

GTB master card can serve too. smiley
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:18am On Jan 29, 2015
How's the charges/services like
Eureka123:

GTB master card can serve too. smiley
in terms of with drawing from ATM.

Is there any charge for POS/online payment..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 12:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
Amosiye:
How's the charges/services like in terms of with drawing from ATM.

Is there any charge for POS/online payment..

For POS or online payment, not at all. But the banks here do add little commissions to top the original amount you are expected to pay as the exchange rate. For example, let's say you paid for something of 10TL which maybe 870naira on the exchange, but the banks the sellers operate with end up adding their own commission and you might end up getting a debit alert of 890naira. For the ATM withdrawal charges, it's about 450naira per withdrawal for GTB.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks boss. Nice info.
Eureka123:

For POS or online payment, not at all. But the banks here do add little commissions to top the original amount you are expected to pay as the exchange rate. For example, let's say you paid for something of 10TL which maybe 870naira on the exchange, but the banks the sellers operate with end up adding their own commission and you might end up getting a debit alert of 890naira. For the ATM withdrawal charges, it's about 450naira per withdrawal for GTB.
it seeems dis diamond banks stuff is berra.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 2:30pm On Jan 29, 2015
Amosiye:
Thanks boss. Nice info. it seeems dis diamond banks stuff is berra.
My pleasure, I think so too.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks boss
wip7:

It depends on your bank, some bank may transfer from your naira straight like First bank I heard used to do that. While most bank will want you to open dorm account to initiate such transaction. YOU can't use form A or X for this transaction as far as I know. Better still walk to your bank and show them your acceptance letter including the receiving bank details, they will advise you appropriately.

Good luck!
first bank services in this step(fees payment) make sense. Its Tested and trusted.(Cheap, affordable and fast)
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Thanks a billion
Darange:
you can pay via form a with your bank and the charges are even cheaper compared to dorm charges of USD60
far cheaper tha domiciliary acc charges
Re: North Cyprus by danejo06: 1:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Some1 jst pointed out smtn to me! Dat i can b at d embassy wif d printout of ma Expired Appointment Request Letter' since av applied again buh all in vain!!!
I was told dat if am lucky enough i could b intrviewed....House Members Help ASAP
Wat do u say? Should i go for it or Nt
Re: North Cyprus by HALLofFAME: 11:48pm On Feb 01, 2015
Love u all
Re: North Cyprus by tobzzy(m): 1:21am On Feb 02, 2015
wip7:
METU APPLICATION FOR SEPT (FALL 2015) IS OPENED:

The university charges application fee but if you apply via WIP7, the application fees will be waived. Visit the web and learn more!

mr wip7 how can i Apply through you
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello Mr wip7 ,
I have applied and been admitted for Masters in International Business Law in GAU. My interview with the Embassy is on Wednesday.
I thus decided to come to Abuja today (Monday) for the authentication of my certificates by the Ministry of Education. However, Out of the two O' Level results I used for my application, only one was attested to by the Ministry due to some technical issues. It means i will have to return to Lagos to get another original copy from WAEC for the second.
Do you think it is advisable I go ahead to the interview on Wednesday with the only attested copy of those combined O' Level result, and return to the Ministry later after the interview for the attestation of the other? Please consider the fact that I have a D7 in English in the result i intend using. Please, also keep in mind that my Law Degree is intact and has been duly attested.
Thanks as I expect your helpful response.
Re: North Cyprus by Gregport: 4:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Please i need an answer from anyone who has an idea or who has experienced such before to be precise.
I tried booking a one way ticket to Cyprus with my study visa but the agent told me that i won't be allowed to board with one way ticket, what i need is a return ticket. Reason is that my one year study visa can't get me a one way ticket unless it exceeds one year. i need a one way ticket because the price is the size of my pocket. I can't afford for a return ticket now.
Please i need urgent answers from you guys.
Turkish Airline to be precise.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Lawprince:
Hello Mr wip7 ,
I have applied and been admitted for Masters in International Business Law in GAU. My interview with the Embassy is on Wednesday.
I thus decided to come to Abuja today (Monday) for the authentication of my certificates by the Ministry of Education. However, Out of the two O' Level results I used for my application, only one was attested to by the Ministry due to some technical issues. It means i will have to return to Lagos to get another original copy from WAEC for the second.
Do you think it is advisable I go ahead to the interview on Wednesday with the only attested copy of those combined O' Level result, and return to the Ministry later after the interview for the attestation of the other? Please consider the fact that I have a D7 in English in the result i intend using. Please, also keep in mind that my Law Degree is intact and has been duly attested.
Thanks as I expect your helpful response.

Since you are coming for masters, the Olevel attestation has little effect with the embassy. Kindly go ahead to the embassy and in case they need it, then you can be asked to submit it before collecting your sticker on the passport.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
Gregport:
Please i need an answer from anyone who has an idea or who has experienced such before to be precise.
I tried booking a one way ticket to Cyprus with my study visa but the agent told me that i won't be allowed to board with one way ticket, what i need is a return ticket. Reason is that my one year study visa can't get me a one way ticket unless it exceeds one year. i need a one way ticket because the price is the size of my pocket. I can't afford for a return ticket now.
Please i need urgent answers from you guys.
Turkish Airline to be precise.

You can purchase one way ticket irrespective of the airline traveling to TRNC, although, most times the immigration officer may refuse to let you go or sometimes some of the local staffs of the airlines may interrupt and some do that to seek for bribe as usual. Turkey or TRNC does not care even you buy half-way to here. Anyway some students landed 2 days ago here with one way ( emirate and Turkish)..now they are in hotel paying for hotel room since their accommodation will only be opened on March first week.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
wip7:

Since you are coming for masters, the Olevel attestation has little effect with the embassy. Kindly go ahead to the embassy and in case they need it, then you can be asked to submit it before collecting your sticker on the passport.

God bless you. I'm most grateful.
Kindly ignore an email I've sent to you earlier.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2015
EMU APPLICANTS SPRING 2014-15

I advise the incoming applicants not to come before 10th Feb and should move it father up towards March/Feb ending. If you must come, ensure you have friends to stay with or have some extra cash. We had a meeting today and those that come early might be charged per day till the dorm is officially opened.

Safe trips!

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Gregport: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2015
wip7:

You can purchase one way ticket irrespective of the airline traveling to TRNC, although, most times the immigration officer may refuse to let you go or sometimes some of the local staffs of the airlines may interrupt and some do that to seek for bribe as usual. Turkey or TRNC does not care even you buy half-way to here. Anyway some students landed 2 days ago here with one way ( emirate and Turkish)..now they are in hotel paying for hotel room since their accommodation will only be opened on March first week.

Thanks a lot
your answer is helpful
Re: North Cyprus by rose198201: 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello wip pls i want to know if admission is still going on for spring semester.Thanks in advance.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
rose198201:
Hello wip pls i want to know if admission is still going on for spring semester.Thanks in advance.

Yes.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Greetings to u sir wip, HAPPY NEW MONTH to All in the house.
this issue of return/oneway ticket has really been giving me headache. This our immigration guys just make things difficult, because most times people end up wasting the (return).
as for me i am ready to TIP those guys if i hv full assurance of letting me pass with my one way ticket. Then wen i arrive i will settle down and plan my return not the one that it will be as if the return date is mounting pressure on someone.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:03pm On Feb 02, 2015
Amosiye:
Greetings to u sir wip, HAPPY NEW MONTH to All in the house.
this issue of return/oneway ticket has really been giving me headache. This our immigration guys just make things difficult, because most times people end up wasting the (return).
as for me i am ready to TIP those guys if i hv full assurance of letting me pass with my one way ticket. Then wen i arrive i will settle down and plan my return not the one that it will be as if the return date is mounting pressure on someone.

I think emirate guys are not having such issues, also, you can buy return and get the refund asap on arrival via Turkish airline if purchased via their center. I have done that in most times for those traveling from Nigeria. Safe trip and Happy new month!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by lolade2803: 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
good day Mr wip please can I still pay my fees for this spring session this week and still get me confirmation letter.from emu , please kindly reply if I can't how do I go about it cos I just got d embassy appointment and my parents would pay up d remaining balance of my fee by Friday
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2015
lolade2803:
good day Mr wip please can I still pay my fees for this spring session this week and still get me confirmation letter.from emu , please kindly reply if I can't how do I go about it cos I just got d embassy appointment and my parents would pay up d remaining balance of my fee by Friday

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.