Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767394 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Femizi: 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
As an undergraduate can I get a studentship position. Or assistant research. I have a good sponsor but there are limits. I am looking for ways to supplement my income if not through muscle at least through my brain. I have been reading through the social sciences journal and I know it's beyond me. So what can I do
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
Amosiye:
Wen is ur date?
mehn hw far ,just saw this ,today is my date, am through with the interview was told to come back next Wednesday,
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 12:31pm On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=Amosiye post=31019515]Wen is ur date? [/
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
Since I have been taken disappointments, today is the worst. With all expenses made, and after being told to come back today to collect my passport, I was rejected visa on the ground that the list sent to embassy, that my name is not on it.
Please house what do I do, I have submitted necessary documents, paid my fees, even called the school last week to make sure that its corrected and its confirmed and my program resumes next week at EMU/Warwick.
Am really tired of all this, I will appreciate open solutions to this as my money cannot go down the drain
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
milesnorthman12:
Since I have been taken disappointments, today is the worst. With all expenses made, and after being told to come back today to collect my passport, I was rejected visa on the ground that the list sent to embassy, that my name is not on it.
Please house what do I do, I have submitted necessary documents, paid my fees, even called the school last week to make sure that its corrected and its confirmed and my program resumes next week at EMU/Warwick.
Am really tired of all this, I will appreciate open solutions to this as my money cannot go down the drain

May I know your full name? let me check the 3 lists sent. One thing is that your money cant go down the drain may be tough but you will get your fund back and how much did you pay?
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 7:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
adexpredator:
mehn hw far ,just saw this ,today is my date, am through with the interview was told to come back next Wednesday,

What did they ask you? @ interview
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 11:13pm On Feb 25, 2015
adegbitetunji:

What did they ask you? @ interview
normal questions ,are you a student ?, which school. They ask some guys whats der age(this one confused one guy like that) ,how much school fees you paid .
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2015
Turkish airline got promo return ticket @ about 170k for those interested in going via Abuja
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 5:55am On Feb 26, 2015
adexpredator:
normal questions ,are you a student ?, which school. They ask some guys whats der age(this one confused one guy like that) ,how much school fees you paid .

Thanks chief
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 5:56am On Feb 26, 2015
adexpredator:
Turkish airline got promo return ticket @ about 170k for those interested in going via Abuja

Is it compulsory to buy a return ticket?
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2015
adexpredator:
is this confirmed. And how is it done...?

I don't mind going thru abj but just customs walaha
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:27am On Feb 26, 2015
God will see u tru
milesnorthman12:

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2015
My interview was on 25th (yesterday)I was asked to come for my visa next week wednesday 4th march,by 3:00 pm

It seems their policy has changed.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 7:47am On Feb 26, 2015
When you where being interviewed, didn't u see ur name and school on the list u wr given to sign on..(Ur signature)
milesnorthman12:
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 1:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dr. Wip thanks a lot. My full name is Daniel Timothy John
I paid 5,000USD for first instalmental fee. And I will appreciate if I could get the number and exact name they used on that list, if possible a soft copy....this is really frustrating especially when school has already resumed!!
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
milesnorthman12:
I paid 5,000USD for first instalmental fee. And I will appreciate if I could get the number and exact name they used on that list, if possible a soft copy....this is really frustrating especially when school has already resumed!!
I thought that they demanded that Nigerians pay full and exact fee.
Prehaps that's why no name on list, you did not follow instructions.
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
Mr. Worry I don't know how you did yours but I was told directly from the administrative officer there that I could pay instalmentally. So that isn't the reason, perhaps look for a more suggestive or better solution than to put this. Besides what the embassy official told me is that my name is not on the list, while the administrative officer said that she is sure that my name is there, so this is not matter of complete fees or not. Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2015
milesnorthman12:

I have gone through the list sent about 300 names. I cant find your name there. And what is the name of the admn officer that told you your name was sent? unless your name was just sent 2days ago...
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 2:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
This is more serious than I thought.
Her name is Blessing Oranekwu Okoye, she is the admin officer for Warwick in EMU.
Thank you sir for this great help. God bless you immensely
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
milesnorthman12:
This is more serious than I thought.
Her name is Blessing Oranekwu Okoye, she is the admin officer for Warwick in EMU.
Thank you sir for this great help. God bless you immensely

Hmmmm okay contact her again to confirm which of the list your name was sent.... attached here are the main guys you must contact if you want solution. Call and email them regarding WMG ONLY...they cant answer or deal with stuffs outside WMG.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 5:23pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello sir wip7,

I am still waiting for your response on the WIP of METU....
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2015
awe2015:
Hello sir wip7,

I am still waiting for your response on the WIP of METU....

Can you send me your results ? and state your age in the email. So that I can evaluate the results first!
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
Okay thank you sir, I will do that right away
Re: North Cyprus by privatetisa(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Hello Dr Wip. This is really a very beneficial thread. I discovered it today. And I have benefited immensely from it. You guys here are wonderful Nigerians. More grease to your elbows.
I'm a Physics and Education undergraduate here in Nigeria. I have quite a number of academic articles in the areas of Physical Sciences that I want to get published in renowned science journals anywhere in the world.
Do those journals in Cyprus accept and pay for scholarly articles from nonresidents?
Also, I'm a teacher of over 17 years in Nigeria and a published author of over 10 years. I have about 5 published children story novels and over 25 nursery and primary school textbooks published. But yet I'm still as poor as the church rat. No thanks to the Nigerian publishers who have been paying me peanuts - even though they sell my books in the thousands. Dr Wip or anyone here that can be helpful, how can I get publishers of children story and science/mathematics textbooks over there? I have quite a number of children story, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics manuscripts that I'm yet to publish.
I will really appreciate anyone that can be helpful either with the journal publication or with the novel/textbook publication. I don't mind if it's getting writing contract.
Thanks!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
privatetisa:
Hello Dr Wip. This is really a very beneficial thread. I discovered it today. And I have benefited immensely from it. You guys here are wonderful Nigerians. More grease to your elbows.
I'm a Physics and Education undergraduate here in Nigeria. I have quite a number of academic articles in the areas of Physical Sciences that I want to get published in renowned science journals anywhere in the world.
Do those journals in Cyprus accept and pay for scholarly articles from nonresidents?

Good day sir,

Its nice to hear about what you have been doing! You can get your work published in renowned and quality journals irrespective of your location. Kindly google Elsevier, Cogent open, Taylor & Francis, Springer..these are some of the major publishers around for quality articles indexed in recognized database. These journals are not located in Cyprus and Turkish govt have guidelines to authors cash award although residency is not a factor. Such award is done to support research in Turkish related units including Turkey and Turkish republic of northern Cyprus.

Also, I'm a teacher of over 17 years in Nigeria and a published author of over 10 years. I have about 5 published children story novels and over 25 nursery and primary school textbooks published. But yet I'm still as poor as the church rat. No thanks to the Nigerian publishers who have been paying me peanuts - even though they sell my books in the thousands. Dr Wip or anyone here that can be helpful, how can I get publishers of children story and science/mathematics textbooks over there? I have quite a number of children story, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics manuscripts that I'm yet to publish.

There are quite number of publishers you can locate online and must of them may require you to send them the first 2-3 chapters, synopsis and covering letter. Kindly do more google search on this aspect. You must also know what you want, do you want vanity press or royalty-based press? This will guide you to select. Also not all publisher attend to unsolicited manuscripts. The link below may assist you in your pursuit: https://loutreleaven./2010/07/21/childrens-publishers-accepting-unsolicited-manuscripts/

I will really appreciate anyone that can be helpful either with the journal publication or with the novel/textbook publication. I don't mind if it's getting writing contract. Thanks!

Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Amosiye:
is this confirmed. And how is it done...?

I don't mind going thru abj but just customs walaha
its on der website or if you can go to der center they will explain to you ,they just starting via abuja i guess thats why they have the promo,which customs wahala,hw was ur interview
Re: North Cyprus by adexpredator: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
adegbitetunji:

Is it compulsory to buy a return ticket?
i dnt really know buh this one cheap gan o ,am buying return tho and there is no refund ,its on der website or if you can go to der center,they will explain better
Re: North Cyprus by rosemate: 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
wip7:

Check below:
Hello wip evening, tried sending email to you severally but no response from you, pls my appointment date at the embassy is 16 march for EMU will it affect my admission process as students who arrive after 23 march to EMU will be considered to be in the leave of absence. i will appreciate your quick response.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
rosemate:

Hello wip evening, tried sending email to you severally but no response from you, pls my appointment date at the embassy is 16 march for EMU will it affect my admission process as students who arrive after 23 march to EMU will be considered to be in the leave of absence. i will appreciate your quick response.

Since your appointment date is 16th March, then if your visa is successful fly down before 23rd March. You can start preparing all you need now so you just fly after visa which should come possibly before 23rd.
Re: North Cyprus by privatetisa(m): 11:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thanks a whole lot, Dr Wip! You are really doing a great job here. People like you and Ladywriter have made Nairaland a case of a good coming out from a country that is internationally known ad the abode of cyber criminals. As far as I'm concerned Nairaland is far far more beneficial than Facebook and the likes - particularly for Nigerians.
Thanks once more!

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by rosemate: 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
wip7:

Since your appointment date is 16th March, then if your visa is successful fly down before 23rd March. You can start preparing all you need now so you just fly after visa which should come possibly before 23rd.
ok sir thanks so much but can someone start my registration process before I arrive? Also can u shed more light on the leave of absence I want to understand what it's all about. I want to email u my name also to confirm in the Emu list sent to the embassy if it's included. Thanks and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 12:07am On Feb 27, 2015
wip7:

Can you send me your results ? and state your age in the email. So that I can evaluate the results first!

Sure! Please how can I get your email sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.