Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,375 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767424 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Amen bro, its is in the hands of God. I can't stress myself jare.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2015
Please who has any info about Near East University please?Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by yincx: 8:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
good day all.... pls when can one apply for emu and make payment for september entry 2015.
Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
greetings to all in the house.
pls i need info on how a friend of mine who is 42 yrs old can get admission into a good university in north cyprus for master.
will the age factor be a barrier?
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2015
Oh where is our dear father; Sir Wip! I'm so stranded on this emu and metu admission ish... I'm still waiting for sir wip's response ooo cry
Re: North Cyprus by Ada26: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2015
@wip7
Good day, tried sending an email to you..dont think it delivered or the email addy is correct
Please I need assistance in getting a admission for masters for June 2015 I have all my credentials pls put me through...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2015
Ada26:
@wip7
Good day, tried sending an email to you..dont think it delivered or the email addy is correct
Please I need assistance in getting a admission for masters for June 2015 I have all my credentials pls put me through...

Okay..have been away so could not check my email all day. Kindly resend. Also, have you checked the tuition fees? you must have earned at least CGPA 2.6 and above to be admitted and you have to pay around 4000USD as soon as your admission is approved as part of your tuition fees.
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,

I need your help; the embassy doesn't have my ward's name on the list and his passport was returned today: they are still holding the application documents though. Please whatz the next line of action aside getting in touch with the school? Please it's urgent; I have paid full tuition and accommodation deposit
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:02pm On Mar 23, 2015
adegbitetunji:
Hi all,

I need your help; the embassy doesn't have my ward's name on the list and his passport was returned today: they are still holding the application documents though. Please whatz the next line of action aside getting in touch with the school? Please it's urgent; I have paid full tuition and accommodation deposit

Its the university that send details to embassy via local embassy here...so the only way is to get in contact with University.
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
wip7:

Its the university that send details to embassy via local embassy here...so the only way is to get in contact with University.

Thank you sir; I'd get in touch with them asap. Problem is they don't reply emails...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2015
adegbitetunji:

Thank you sir; I'd get in touch with them asap. Problem is they don't reply emails...

Yeah its sad most of them hardly reply emails....may be u can make use of their phone numbers if you can check on the concerned university website. Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by adegbitetunji(m): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2015
wip7:

Yeah its sad most of them hardly reply emails....may be u can make use of their phone numbers if you can check on the concerned university website. Good luck!

I was on phone with the university all morning today, and they confirmed that they have resent the name this morning. Please when is the best time to approach the embassy. Please note that I mailed the embassy already explaining the situation and asking for another appointment but can I still approach them by the gate?
Re: North Cyprus by Ada26: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
@wip7
I have resent the mail.
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by kennybp: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2015
Greetings wip7 may God bless you, We need your help, A friend of mine got admision to study in North Cyprus he got appointment for visa application with Turkish embassy which was made by the university on 23 march 2015 he dint make it to the embassy on that date due to some circumstancise, we have made several effort to contact the school but to no avail and we have tried to contact the embassy through mail we canont reach them thire website is under maintanance please if you have any idea on how we can book a different apoinment let me know thank you again for the good work you are doing for your fellow country men may God bless you.
wip7:

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:34pm On Mar 25, 2015
kennybp:
Greetings wip7 may God bless you, We need your help, A friend of mine got admision to study in North Cyprus he got appointment for visa application with Turkish embassy which was made by the university on 23 march 2015 he dint make it to the embassy on that date due to some circumstancise, we have made several effort to contact the school but to no avail and we have tried to contact the embassy through mail we canont reach them thire website is under maintanance please if you have any idea on how we can book a different apoinment let me know thank you again for the good work you are doing for your fellow country men may God bless you.

Appointment request (below): you only need to send the embassy email requesting for appointment. Remember you can only send one request per month.

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2015
Amosiye:
greetings to all in the house.
pls i need info on how a friend of mine who is 42 yrs old can get admission into a good university in north cyprus for master.
will the age factor be a barrier?
hello friends............. greetings to all, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . my question is still not yet answered. thanks in anticipation for ur swift constructive response.
Re: North Cyprus by kennybp: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2015
Thank you bro
wip7:

Appointment request (below): you only need to send the embassy email requesting for appointment. Remember you can only send one request per month.

Re: North Cyprus by Phhconnect(m): 5:44pm On Mar 27, 2015
Amosiye:
hello friends............. greetings to all, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . my question is still not yet answered. thanks in anticipation for ur swift constructive response.

There's no 'age limit' barrier for postgraduate applicants. So tell him to go ahead with his application
Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
Please who has any idea about North east University
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 6:56am On Mar 28, 2015
Olabasky:
Please who has any idea about North east University
Read back through this section or go to their website.
Re: North Cyprus by goodieuzo: 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2015
i have been trying to contact EMU,but my credit have been going and they dont answer calls.i need to know if i can do 1 year upgrade course for my HND to get a BSC.i have mail them but no reply.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2015
goodieuzo:
i have been trying to contact EMU,but my credit have been going and they dont answer calls.i need to know if i can do 1 year upgrade course for my HND to get a BSC.i have mail them but no reply.

Below are the answers to your queries:

1. You must be less than 25years to be admitted with your HND results

2. You will need your olevel results, OND and HND transcripts before you can be considered.

3. The minimum you can spend in EMU is 3 semesters (1.5yrs) based on the conditions that:

i. You have earned above C grades in almost all subject/courses that are relevant to your chosen program at EMU
ii. The courses you have taken are related to the ones given at EMU
iii. Your transcripts have been verified to be genuine and valid

NOTE: Some have submitted their HND transcripts and they were only approved for year 2 at EMU due to irrelevant or lower grades in the courses they had taken.......meaning that having HND does not mean you will get 2.5 years exemption from EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by Stephiee: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Hi, guys...which university is better in Eastern Mediteranaen University, Near East University, and Cyprus International University. I am looking for a quality education and a place where I can get a bachelors degree which is internationally recognized, as well as recognized in Nigeria. Also it should be in a fun environment where there is always something to do. Thank you in advance.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:11am On Mar 29, 2015
Stephiee:
Hi, guys...which university is better in Eastern Mediteranaen University, Near East University, and Cyprus International University. I am looking for a quality education and a place where I can get a bachelors degree which is internationally recognized, as well as recognized in Nigeria. Also it should be in a fun environment where there is always something to do. Thank you in advance.

Definitely Eastern Mediterranean University. smiley
Re: North Cyprus by goodieuzo: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2015
wip7:

Below are the answers to your queries:

1. You must be less than 25years to be admitted with your HND results

2. You will need your olevel results, OND and HND transcripts before you can be considered.

3. The minimum you can spend in EMU is 3 semesters (1.5yrs) based on the conditions that:

i. You have earned above C grades in almost all subject/courses that are relevant to your chosen program at EMU
ii. The courses you have taken are related to the ones given at EMU
iii. Your transcripts have been verified to be genuine and valid

NOTE: Some have submitted their HND transcripts and they were only approved for year 2 at EMU due to irrelevant or lower grades in the courses they had taken.......meaning that having HND does not mean you will get 2.5 years exemption from EMU.

thank you.But am 39 years old.what do i do now?
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2015
goodieuzo:

thank you.But am 39 years old.what do i do now?

Find another university!
Besides which as you have been out of education for so long,
And you only have lower standard. You will find study very hard.
THINK do you really need a degree now you have survived up to this age?
Best to make a new plan.
Re: North Cyprus by goodieuzo: 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
worry359:

Find another university!
Besides which as you have been out of education for so long,
And you only have lower standard. You will find study very hard.
THINK do you really need a degree now you have survived up to this age?
Best to make a new plan.
i dont know what you mean by lower standard.i have upper credit in electrical/electronics engineering.i went into private telecomms job in gsm repair and satellite dish installation.the job is not paying again and want to upgrade myself for other opportunities or atleast use North cyprus as a transit route to good opportunites.It is very difficult my brother for me getting job since i have been trying.i will never find study hard because i earned every of my grade 100%.please i need advice and help from all.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Stephiee: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
Eureka123:

Definitely Eastern Mediterranean University. smiley

thanks...what sort of currency is used...I know that the Turkish lier is generally used in north Cyprus but on the website of emu I saw $ when I checked their tuition and fees
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
goodieuzo:

i dont know what you mean by lower standard.i have upper credit in electrical/electronics engineering.i went into private telecomms job in gsm repair and satellite dish installation.the job is not paying again and want to upgrade myself for other opportunities or atleast use North cyprus as a transit route to good opportunites.It is very difficult my brother for me getting job since i have been trying.i will never find study hard because i earned every of my grade 100%.please i need advice and help from all.

Your plight is well understood but the truth is even if EMU admit you there might be problem when you going for your visa at turkish embassy because of your age.
I advice you try applying for masters with you hnd and ond transcript,you might be admitted with some deficiency courses though but its better that way (i have met like two guys doing their masters with polytechnic result)
Give it a trial.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 3:50pm On Mar 30, 2015
Stephiee:

thanks...what sort of currency is used...I know that the Turkish lier is generally used in north Cyprus but on the website of emu I saw $ when I checked their tuition and fees

Turkish Lira, but you pay fees in USD.
Re: North Cyprus by goodieuzo: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2015
penroll55:

Your plight is well understood but the truth is even if EMU admit you there might be problem when you going for your visa at turkish embassy because of your age.
I advice you try applying for masters with you hnd and ond transcript,you might be admitted with some deficiency courses though but its better that way (i have met like two guys doing their masters with polytechnic result)
Give it a trial.
look at the mail i got from them now

Thank you for your interest to further your studies at Eastern Mediterranean University. Please visit www.grad.emu.edu.tr for more information regarding Programs and admission requirements. Based on your education qualification, you cannot be considered for Master program. However, you maybe admitted to undergraduate program and the number of years depend on your grades.

You must provide your transcript, birth certificate, international and passport data page for evaluation. Application is free. For more information do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Olusegun A. Olugbade
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
METU APPLICATION OPENS FOR SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2015

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.