Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766541 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2015
lexycool01:
@ wip7
sir i hope you have not forgotten me, am patiently waiting 4 update

No I did not...its not ready for now...I will update you when is ready!
Re: North Cyprus by goodieuzo: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
wip7:

I just got the info you requested. The CISCO unit will only admit applicants within Cyprus or does that needs no visa to visit Cyprus. Therefore, you can only enrol in the Cisco program if you are currently undertaking courses in any institution in Cyprus or working legally in Cyprus with valid permit.

Best wishes!
Ok thanks
Re: North Cyprus by MCfem: 9:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
@wip7 or wip2
I came across ur thread in niaraland regarding schooling in Cyprus, I'm a NIIT student and I would love to have my top up in one of the universities in Cyprus. Pls can u recommend any to me. Looking forward to ur reply.
Thanks smiley smiley
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:44am On Apr 11, 2015
MCfem:
@wip7 or wip2
I came across ur thread in niaraland regarding schooling in Cyprus, I'm a NIIT student and I would love to have my top up in one of the universities in Cyprus. Pls can u recommend any to me. Looking forward to ur reply.
Thanks smiley smiley

Yes you can apply to EMU...although EMU only has legal and signed papers with APTECH and APTECH transfer is a known system at EMU with defined number of credits to be waived. I have seen some NIIT students transferred to EMU and they also have courses waived. But may spend more semesters than those of APTECH. So you can get all your NIIT transcript, course description and then apply.

METU is a great university and well-structured and can also admit transfer students....BUT, to be admitted to METU, you must have scored/earned good grades in both your olevel and NIIT exams (e.g...A, B)

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by MCfem: 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
@wip7
Thanks a lot, but wat about GAU & CIU.
A friend of my told me bout GAU. BT wen surfing the NET I found various complains of GAU having poor educational STANDARD. pls.... Can u share some light on this, cause though, EMU & METU are very good schools but it seem GAU happens to be cheaper wink.
Pls....... I really need ur advice
Re: North Cyprus by worry357: 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
MCfem:
@wip7
A friend of my told me bout GAU. BT wen surfing the NET I found various complains of GAU having poor educational STANDARD. pls.... Can u share some light on this, cause though, EMU & METU are very good schools but it seem GAU happens to be cheaper wink.

It's not really very difficult to understand is it?
If you go to the cheapest school then there is no point bemoaning the fact that the education is not as good as an expensive school!
It's like people buying the cheapest airfare then saying that the service is not as good.
It's your choice, in this world you get what you pay for.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
MCfem:
@wip7

As rightly pointed out here......

worry357:

It's not really very difficult to understand is it?
If you go to the cheapest school then there is no point bemoaning the fact that the education is not as good as an expensive school!
It's like people buying the cheapest airfare then saying that the service is not as good.
It's your choice, in this world you get what you pay for.

There are over 12 universities now in North Cyprus and you can browse to find more info on each. For now, I can only write or speak for METU and EMU. METU is actually strict and will only admit or award scholarship to brilliant students...they hardly bend rules when it comes to academic stuffs...EMU is quite flexible and enjoy the diversity already enshrined.

NOTE: you cannot buy a lion for the price of a rat...you have to choose to know exactly what you want...Price or quality or both.

Best wishes!

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by worry357: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
wip7:

NOTE: you cannot buy a lion for the price of a rat...you have to choose to know exactly what you want...Price or quality or both.
Best wishes!
Very well said!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
Around wen wil it be ready
wip7:

No I did not...its not ready for now...I will update you when is ready!
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
hello wip, please how does the PhD program runs at your school, is it at flexible mode?, like mostly research based meaning you dont need to stay there permanently?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
jolugo:
hello wip, please how does the PhD program runs at your school, is it at flexible mode?, like mostly research based meaning you dont need to stay there permanently?

Research-based does not mean you won't stay at the institution. Anyway, at EMU or most Cyprus PhD programs are run in traditional format (certain number of courses must be taken, student must pass qualification exam and then start research).

The first 2 stages (courses and qualification) are mandatory for the students to be in the university and after passing the qualification exam, the student may decide to undertake his/her research within the university or do it somewhere else based on the supervisor decision. End of each semester, student must be available for monitoring purpose and PhD seminar/activities undertaken during that semester.

Read more on EMU grad school website.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
wip7:

Research-based does not mean you won't stay at the institution. Anyway, at EMU or most Cyprus PhD programs are run in traditional format (certain number of courses must be taken, student must pass qualification exam and then start research).

The first 2 stages (courses and qualification) are mandatory for the students to be in the university and after passing the qualification exam, the student may decide to undertake his/her research within the university or do it somewhere else based on the supervisor decision. End of each semester, student must be available for monitoring purpose and PhD seminar/activities undertaken during that semester.

Read more on EMU grad school website.

Mr Wip, greetings.
Our next game is tomorrow by 7pm. smiley
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:21am On Apr 15, 2015
Eureka123:

Mr Wip, greetings.
Our next game is tomorrow by 7pm. smiley

Waow..let me get set to watch you guys...you guys must win ooooo...I wish you victory.!
Re: North Cyprus by Olabasky(m): 11:16am On Apr 15, 2015
Good day,
please anyone has any information on Near east university? Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 3:45pm On Apr 15, 2015
wip7:

Waow..let me get set to watch you guys...you guys must win ooooo...I wish you victory.!

Thank you! smiley
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 9:50am On Apr 17, 2015
please I have not gotten my international passport yet.. due to some certain difficulties here..
will my waec and birth certificate be ok @ Mr wip
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2015
wip7:

The final is today. 6:30pm.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by worry357: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2015
kuzee:
please I have not gotten my international passport yet.. due to some certain difficulties here..

Without passport nothing can be done for international travel.
Get that sorted!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Eureka123:

The final is today. 6:30pm.

Count me in....let me get my Canon 360D along...la vittoria รจ certa

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
kuzee:

worry357:

Without passport nothing can be done for international travel.
Get that sorted!
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Finally got my acceptance letter from EMU!!!! Thanks Mr. Wip!

Now I've got some confusions:

It says that I was awarded 50% scholarship... But the tuition 4,102.50 USD (inclusive of scholarship, Activity Fund and %5 VAT)... What does this mean? Should I cut this tution into two and pay 50% only?

Mr. WIP!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 9:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
awe2015:
Finally got my acceptance letter from EMU!!!! Thanks Mr. Wip!

Now I've got some confusions:

It says that I was awarded 50% scholarship... But the tuition 4,102.50 USD (inclusive of scholarship, Activity Fund and %5 VAT)... What does this mean? Should I cut this tution into two and pay 50% only?

Mr. WIP!!!!!

You have been awarded the scholarship. That's the amount you are expected to pay to the school. What department?
Re: North Cyprus by awe2015(f): 9:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
information technology
Re: North Cyprus by kuzee(m): 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2015
plz mr wip, is EMU application out yet?
i have 4 Bs and 3 Cs in my waec result..
what is my chance.of getting a scholarship?
i and a friend of mine are ready to submit our credentials
Re: North Cyprus by milesnorthman12(m): 7:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
May I contribute even though it was one hell of battle, I have been given visa as of yesterday, all thanks to so much effort from the coordinator and Dr. Wip....should be in EMU on sunday afternoon.

Wip boss, my apologies if I lashed at U in anger, cuz so much has been spent just moving from lagos to abuja and back, plus thank God I escaped frm a fatal accident but with a leg injury.

I will b glad to see u in person, need to discuss a thing or two...God bless ya'all

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:00am On Apr 24, 2015
kuzee:
plz mr wip, is EMU application out yet?
i have 4 Bs and 3 Cs in my waec result..
what is my chance.of getting a scholarship?
i and a friend of mine are ready to submit our credentials

Yes application has been opened now in EMU. All applicants will be accessed for scholarship during the admission process and based on your result you will likely be awarded 50% discount.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
wip7:

University of Nicosia is located in South Cyprus (Another country different from North Cyprus), with different visa procedure. You will apply for the visa at Cyprus consulate in Lagos. You will have to send the university your health records and sponsor details. After then the university will submit to Cyprus migration board and if you are found eligible, your pre-visa will be approved and then you visit the consulate. The consulate may approve your visa if there is a logical reason why you are just starting undergraduate at that age and if you have good sponsor.

NOTE: south Cyprus is not particular about age but about money (if you are capable to pay), also if truly you are going to study.

HI Mr Wip, While reading through I saw this post. I am in the same shoes right now and I will like to confirm from you if the possibilities are high regards visa issuance looking at the age. I know u have stated your point but that's like 2years ago. Would you still recommend same advise? I am 29yrs old going for a Bachelors, have gotten an admission already with University of Nicosia and they assure me it's not a problem as long as all required documents are being met. They will be handling the whole visa processing and documentation on my behalf. Just an advise from you.
Re: North Cyprus by worry357: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Itstyme:

HI Mr Wip, While reading through I saw this post. I am in the same shoes right now and I will like to confirm from you if the possibilities are high regards visa issuance looking at the age. I know u have stated your point but that's like 2years ago. Would you still recommend same advise? I am 29yrs old going for a Bachelors, have gotten an admission already with University of Nicosia and they assure me it's not a problem as long as all required documents are being met. They will be handling the whole visa processing and documentation on my behalf. Just an advise from you.
The school have said ok, why do you not believe them?
They are the ones sponsoring you for a visa.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Itstyme:

The Visa procedure changes now at South Cyprus. For Most African countries, it will be submitted by the university on behalf of the applicants. So since the university already said no problem then...submit what they required from you. Best wishes.
Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2015
worry357:

The school have said ok, why do you not believe them?
They are the ones sponsoring you for a visa.

Probably fear of the unknown. Don't mind me but you know the school ain't the one issuing the visa but I am going with their words still. Just a bit curious, I have been through a few denials in the past and I will never want to go through that phase again.
Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 3:14pm On Apr 24, 2015
wip7:

The Visa procedure changes now at South Cyprus. For Most African countries, it will be submitted by the university on behalf of the applicants. So since the university already said no problem then...submit what they required from you. Best wishes.

Thank you. I appreciate. Does this mean visa interview will not be conducted here in Nigeria anymore?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Itstyme:

Thank you. I appreciate. Does this mean visa interview will not be conducted here in Nigeria anymore?

Yeah the procedures for Republic of Cyprus Migration have changed dramatically as from the previous semester and there is no need for student interviews any more, which means provided all the documents submitted to the College/University are genuine, correctly attested and submitted on time, the visa is almost guaranteed but not 100% ooooooooooooooooo

Note: Many parameters will be checked to ensure you are financially sound and don't have ulterior motives during the visa assessment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.