Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767127 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:09pm On May 23, 2015
Eureka123:

Lol. Maybe running won't solve his problem after all. I'll make the suggestions to him. grin

Okay If he needs my help as pa whisky....just ring me........I will be glad to help...also me I dont run away but I face it, conquer and made it !! Always on the move upward....Let him learn also!

Summer is coming....best season for grills and barbecue...have u been to Karpaz before and the nude beach close to paralimi? try it in this summer...its nice!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 6:39pm On May 24, 2015
Goodday everyone,
Been following this thread for quite sometime, based on what you said @wip7 about paying part of the tuition fees before visa process in SC, I'm a little bit confused, cos I applied to the university of nicosia and the process is quite different, I was admitted and told to pay the app fee and visa fee, then apply for visa, then an entry visa will be given, before I can then pay the school fees, but what u said is quite different, so please I need you to shed more light on it? Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:14pm On May 24, 2015
lovable85:
Goodday everyone,
Been following this thread for quite sometime, based on what you said @wip7 about paying part of the tuition fees before visa process in SC, I'm a little bit confused, cos I applied to the university of nicosia and the process is quite different, I was admitted and told to pay the app fee and visa fee, then apply for visa, then an entry visa will be given, before I can then pay the school fees, but what u said is quite different, so please I need you to shed more light on it? Thank you

I have never said that about SC (you have to check dates and time of my replies and the specific questions asked) ......cos I know about NC and SC very well and too well. Read the thread well and understand which part of the country you are heading to and adhere to the procedure of the concerned country.

You may have to quote the line or thread which I said something different...that way..I may help or guide more....

Finally, your intended university had already made it clear the procedure you should follow...why cant you follow it as highlited in your statement above?
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 10:06pm On May 24, 2015
Thank you, okay I guess it was an old post then, you have been very helpful, looking forward to seeing you one of these days wink
Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 11:11pm On May 24, 2015
lovable85:
Goodday everyone,

The school still strongly advice prospective students to pay a minimum deposit of € 4500 application and visa fee inclusive before a visa application is being made on the student’s behalf just to avoid any loopholes or reason for denial by the Migration Department. Who have u been communicating with in the school?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:17pm On May 24, 2015
lovable85:
Thank you, okay I guess it was an old post then, you have been very helpful, looking forward to seeing you one of these days wink

You are most welcome....yes am also looking forward to meeting you soon ..best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 5:19am On May 25, 2015
I ve been communicating with andrea andreou, maja tepeh alinna khaddej and u?
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 5:26am On May 25, 2015
Dear Osamede,

It is my pleasure to inform you that based on your academic qualifications you have been admitted to the University of Nicosia!

Please find here attached your official acceptance letter.

Upon your arrival you will be suggested to take an English Placement Test.

For more information, please follow the link:

http://www.unic.ac.cy/study-with-us/english-placement-test

Please note that the Migration Department of Cyprus will not accept any applications from students who have not paid the student visa fee of 86 EUR and the application fee of 55 EUR prior to submission of documents. It is strongly recommended that these fees are paid within one month of receiving your Acceptance Letter.

Visa documents:

Please read carefully the visa procedure in page 2 of your acceptance letter and the additional guidelines here below regarding the visa procedure.

We welcome you into the program and we wish you success!
Additional Guidelines for Visa Documents:

•          Non-Governmental documents (i.e. Blood test report, chest x-ray report, bank verification letter and bank statement) must include the name and contact information of the issuing authority (i.e. bank contact details, medical laboratory details, etc.) otherwise will NOT be accepted by the Migration Department. 

•          Bank Verification Letter:  The bank verification letter must clearly state that the student’s sponsor has the financial ability to support his/her living and tuition expenses.  Sponsor may only be father/mother/self.  The letter must also clearly state the relationship between sponsor and student. 

•          A supporting bank statement must be included with the bank verification letter which clearly shows the minimum amount of €7000 into the student’s/sponsor’s account and it should be issued within 30 days prior to the submission of the application. 

•          All documents must be officially translated into English by an approved translator and must be attested by the proper authorities (Notary Public).  

For more information regarding the visa application please contact with your advisor:

Student Advisor in Nigeria:
Ms. Alina Khaddaj
Country Manager (Nigeria)
Admissions Officer
University of Nicosia  

46 Makedonitissas Avenue,
P.O. Box 24005,
2414 Nicosia, Cyprus

Nigeria Office:

65 Allen Avenue, 
5Th Floor God'S Grace Plaza, 
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:      +234(0)9095660743
E-mail: khaddaj.a@unic.ac.cy
Web:    www.unic.ac.cy

Best Regards,

Ms. Andrea Andreou

No school fees thing was actually mentioned and I have been speaking with andrea, she said I have to apply for visa first before school fees payment
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:11am On May 25, 2015
lovable85:
Dear Osamede,
No school fees thing was actually mentioned and I have been speaking with andrea, she said I have to apply for visa first before school fees payment

The new visa procedure in most universities in SC now is to pay the app and visa fees.....The university apply via the migration departments and once the student has been notified by the College/university that his/her visa has been issued the student should forward a payment to the College/university. Once the payment is received by the institution, they send to the student a copy of his/her paper visa.

NOTE: It is different procedure before 4 semesters ago when student will need to apply for visa him/herself from Nigeria and tuition must be completely paid before then. So kindly follow the current procedure now.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2015
lovable85:
Dear Osamede,

It is my pleasure to inform you that based on your academic qualifications you have been admitted to the University of Nicosia!

Please find here attached your official acceptance letter.

Upon your arrival you will be suggested to take an English Placement Test.

For more information, please follow the link:

http://www.unic.ac.cy/study-with-us/english-placement-test

Please note that the Migration Department of Cyprus will not accept any applications from students who have not paid the student visa fee of 86 EUR and the application fee of 55 EUR prior to submission of documents. It is strongly recommended that these fees are paid within one month of receiving your Acceptance Letter.

Visa documents:

Please read carefully the visa procedure in page 2 of your acceptance letter and the additional guidelines here below regarding the visa procedure.

We welcome you into the program and we wish you success!
Additional Guidelines for Visa Documents:

•          Non-Governmental documents (i.e. Blood test report, chest x-ray report, bank verification letter and bank statement) must include the name and contact information of the issuing authority (i.e. bank contact details, medical laboratory details, etc.) otherwise will NOT be accepted by the Migration Department. 

•          Bank Verification Letter:  The bank verification letter must clearly state that the student’s sponsor has the financial ability to support his/her living and tuition expenses.  Sponsor may only be father/mother/self.  The letter must also clearly state the relationship between sponsor and student. 

•          A supporting bank statement must be included with the bank verification letter which clearly shows the minimum amount of €7000 into the student’s/sponsor’s account and it should be issued within 30 days prior to the submission of the application. 

•          All documents must be officially translated into English by an approved translator and must be attested by the proper authorities (Notary Public).  

For more information regarding the visa application please contact with your advisor:

Student Advisor in Nigeria:
Ms. Alina Khaddaj
Country Manager (Nigeria)
Admissions Officer
University of Nicosia  

46 Makedonitissas Avenue,
P.O. Box 24005,
2414 Nicosia, Cyprus

Nigeria Office:

65 Allen Avenue, 
5Th Floor God'S Grace Plaza, 
Ikeja, Lagos

Tel:      +234(0)9095660743
E-mail: khaddaj.a@unic.ac.cy
Web:    www.unic.ac.cy

Best Regards,

Ms. Andrea Andreou

That's fine. You are on the right path and we have both been talking to the same people. So if you were told not to bother about paying any tuition deposit prior the visa application in Cyprus, then you can adhere to the instruction then. Guess you will be fine irrespective. Do you mind if I ask the progress u have made so far?
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 5:50am On May 26, 2015
Just paid (165000) for the visa process
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 5:52am On May 26, 2015
And u?
Re: North Cyprus by Itstyme(m): 9:53am On May 26, 2015
lovable85:
Just paid (165000) for the visa process

Yes! That's the required I have also done for now but will be going for medicals and other required documentation next week as instructed by IES. I had sent you an email. Regards the tuition payment we discussed earlier, here's a report from Andrea just to be sure.

Dear ,

Good morning,
Thank you for your email.
Your tuition fees have to be paid once we submit your documents at the Migration. The Migration will not release your visa if you do not pay your tuition fees. We are going to submit your documents on the 27th of July.
Your Bank Statement needs to be issued after 27th of June.

Andrea
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 10:57am On May 26, 2015
Ok I ve not gotten to that stage yet
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 11:10am On May 26, 2015
How much are u to pay?
Re: North Cyprus by lovable85(f): 11:39am On May 26, 2015
Ok
Re: North Cyprus by wizrackz(m): 1:23am On May 28, 2015
Hi wip, can I kindly get your email address? Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 8:01am On May 28, 2015
Hello Wip7, do you have know any editor who can help me edit my book, I am planning on publishing before the summer ends.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 8:02am On May 28, 2015
wizrackz:
Hi wip, can I kindly get your email address? Thanks

Skull4una@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:47am On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:
Hello Wip7, do you have know any editor who can help me edit my book, I am planning on publishing before the summer ends.

May I have the book synopsis? target market, background of writer...to make money or for fun? These infos will help to direct you........

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 1:56pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:

May I have the book synopsis? target market, background of writer...to make money or for fun? These infos will help to direct you........

It's just a fictional novel. Nothing unusual from the normal contemporary literature. Since it's going to be my first book away from home, it's going to be for awareness as a writer, fun and of course making money from the sales. My professors are all busy with one project or the other to help me edit, I really hope I can be able to involve the school somehow, to give it the proper publicity and endorsement it requires.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:19pm On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:

It's just a fictional novel. Nothing unusual from the normal contemporary literature. Since it's going to be my first book away from home, it's going to be for awareness as a writer, fun and of course making money from the sales. My professors are all busy with one project or the other to help me edit, I really hope I can be able to involve the school somehow, to give it the proper publicity and endorsement it requires.

Send me the synopsis atleast in 1 A4 well written....the structure and I can be of micro-help.....also I can get it published for you if is quite good and original.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 2:40pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:

Send me the synopsis atleast in 1 A4 well written....the structure and I can be of micro-help.....also I can get it published for you if is quite good and original.

Okay, I'll e-mail it to you tomorrow. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:43pm On May 28, 2015
African Students Grand Award Ceremony Announcement

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 3:45pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:
African Students Grand Award Ceremony Announcement

Are you coming??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:48pm On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:

Are you coming??

Yes yes if you people cook food.......with goat meat..I will be there oooooooooooooo. Are u coming?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:56pm On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:

Okay, I'll e-mail it to you tomorrow. Thank you.

About your proposed book: do you have publisher in mind or contacted one ? I need to be clear of exact stuff you need, just editor or publisher + editor, graphics, formatting and layout? Will u want it as e-book, prints, both, open-access or low cost targets?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:

About your proposed book: do you have publisher in mind or contacted one ? I need to be clear of exact stuff you need, just editor or publisher + editor, graphics, formatting and layout? Will u want it as e-book, prints, both, open-access or low cost targets?

I haven't contacted any of those at all. It would be great to have it as both, and for low cost target. To be sincere, I'm close to clueless about the necessary steps to undergo.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:

Yes yes if you people cook food.......with goat meat..I will be there oooooooooooooo. Are u coming?

Lol, Inshallah, as my Muslim people will say, I will be there to collect my award for my category.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:44pm On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:

I haven't contacted any of those at all. It would be great to have it as both, and for low cost target. To be sincere, I'm close to clueless about the necessary steps to undergo.

Ok ok...u learn by the the day....let have the work first...then if is complete...The publisher will send u forms to fill and ask more questions. For upcoming artiste like you.....sometimes u will just say yes yes provided you agree with their terms and you have seen what they have done in the past. Then as a writer...u keep writing and try to see how it can be more creative and attractive......you must have a target market/audience ...

Also if is prints...waow Asia (China ...etc) is actually great and cheapest option I can suggest as buy-back option.....those guys are just crazily blessed.

So send it first.... the synopsis then I can know those to contact for u..............hope u will make me the major shareholder ooooooooooooo
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 5:16pm On May 28, 2015
wip7:

Ok ok...u learn by the the day....let have the work first...then if is complete...The publisher will send u forms to fill and ask more questions. For upcoming artiste like you.....sometimes u will just say yes yes provided you agree with their terms and you have seen what they have done in the past. Then as a writer...u keep writing and try to see how it can be more creative and attractive......you must have a target market/audience ...

Also if is prints...waow Asia (China ...etc) is actually great and cheapest option I can suggest as buy-back option.....those guys are just crazily blessed.

So send it first.... the synopsis then I can know those to contact for u..............hope u will make me the major shareholder ooooooooooooo

grin grin Hehehe. Hope their charges won't make me develop heart attack in my young age?? lipsrsealed cry
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:20pm On May 28, 2015
Eureka123:

grin grin Hehehe. Hope their charges won't make me develop heart attack in my young age?? lipsrsealed cry

No o no they wont charge you....they edit, publish and promote your work and you guys can have copyright, permission and distribution agreement. Depends on what you want but for upcoming artiste....you may go with royalty from them on each book sold....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.