Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767341 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:57am On Jan 14, 2016
eben1991:
Good evening everyone, I will be through with my National Youth Service Corp programme in April, 2016. I will like to apply for a master degree in International Relations and am looking at EMU. I actually graduated with a strong second class lower. I will like to know the best time to start my application and the neccessary document needed. Thanks for your quick response.
you can apply by June, you need your transcripts, Bsc, Waec or Neco and your international passport data page.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:59am On Jan 14, 2016
lexycool01:
I appreciate this, i am now enlightened
you are welcome.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:50am On Jan 17, 2016
GREEN BRAIN OF THE YEAR CONTEST FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS, APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED WORLDWIDE

METU would like to invite talented high school and university students to submit their projects to IPC 2016, and start contributing ideas to a sustainable future for our beautiful globe. All shortlisted applicants will enjoy all paid tickets, accommodation and expense down to Cyprus for presentation.

The contest is also known as the International Project Competition (IPC), and emphasizes original ideas which have been evaluated for feasibility. The competitors are expected to form a team of two, come up with an original project to tackle a sustainability problem in support of the Vital Triad, analyze feasibility, and submit their work in a properly formatted paper (according to the provided IPC guide) of up to 2000 words in English.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Ugochux(m): 7:11am On Jan 19, 2016
Good morning Mr. wip7, kindly check your inbox. I sent you a mail with subject: Scientific paper.
Thanks..
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ugochux:
Good morning Mr. wip7, kindly check your inbox. I sent you a mail with subject: Scientific paper.
Thanks..

I have replied your mail.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
LAST LIST FROM EMU WILL BE GOING TO EMBASSY BY END OF THIS MONTH

So for those yet to pay, kindly make your payment asap. The appointment at Turkish embassy is easier now and you get your appointment as soon as you apply online. If you have issues with online appointment procedure let us know...meanwhile read it the procedure well and ensure all details requested are filled.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 24, 2016
wip7:
LAST LIST FROM EMU WILL BE GOING TO EMBASSY BY END OF THIS MONTH

So for those yet to pay, kindly make your payment asap. The appointment at Turkish embassy is easier now and you get your appointment as soon as you apply online. If you have issues with online appointment procedure let us know...meanwhile read it the procedure well and ensure all details requested are filled.
do emu accept mba for phd in bussiness admin or mangement
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
Alikote:
do emu accept mba for phd in bussiness admin or mangement

YES but you will need GRE/GMAT to be admitted into EMU PhD program in Business Admin.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 25, 2016
wip7:

YES but you will need GRE/GMAT to be admitted into EMU PhD program in Business Admin.
how about a phd in finance ...cos i dont want to do gre/gmat...how go about it my final cgpa is 3.91 on a scale of 5 ....
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
wip7:

Sir wip good day! if one wants to enter turkey how frm NC whats d process ting and doc needed ??.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2016
Alikote:
how about a phd in finance ...cos i dont want to do gre/gmat...how go about it my final cgpa is 3.91 on a scale of 5 ....

Yes Finance can admit you without GRE/GMAT... You will need your bachelor and master transcripts before you can be admitted.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
kcbentley:

Sir wip good day! if one wants to enter Turkey how frm NC whats d process ting and doc needed ??.

To apply for Turkey visas, you need to visit the Turkish embassy website and make an appointment online, and all necessary documents must be uploaded like hotel reservation, police report, health insurance, etc. All that you need are stated online. After the appointment, you visit the embassy in Nicosia.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
wip7:

Yes Finance can admit you without GRE/GMAT... You will need your bachelor and master transcripts before you can be admitted.
my undergraduate is in chemistry..pgd mangement and m.b.a...will there be need to add the undergraduate
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
wip7:

To apply for Turkey visas, you need to visit the Turkish embassy website and make an appointment online, and all necessary documents must be uploaded like hotel reservation, police report, health insurance, etc. All that you need are stated online. After the appointment, you visit the embassy in Nicosia.

Thanks sir wip
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:42am On Jan 26, 2016
Alikote:
my undergraduate is in chemistry..pgd mangement and m.b.a...will there be need to add the undergraduate

To be admitted into EMU PhD programs, all applicants must supply their bachelor and master transcripts for evaluation. Based on your undergraduate degree in chemistry, at EMU the chances for PhD admission is low or you will have plenty foundation courses to do before you register the PhD program.

Apply and let see how to goes
Re: North Cyprus by uduokekalu(m): 3:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
Good evening all,please I applied for an MSc in oil,gas and energy engineering for feb2016 session in the University of nicosia,and the session is suppose to start by 1st of Feb 2016.i have received my admission letter and have made some payment like the visa and applications fee of 84 & 55 euro,but the promised the visa was gonna be out before 24th of january,pls I will like to find out if there is anyone in the same position as I am.thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2016
uduokekalu:
Good evening all,please I applied for an MSc in oil,gas and energy engineering for feb2016 session in the University of nicosia,and the session is suppose to start by 1st of Feb 2016.i have received my admission letter and have made some payment like the visa and applications fee of 84 & 55 euro,but the promised the visa was gonna be out before 24th of january,pls I will like to find out if there is anyone in the same position as I am.thanks

Actually, the starting date for the session is Feb 1st. However, the classes will not be starting the same day, and there are permitted days for late comers.

Kindly note that the University only give tentative dates on when they will receive the visa, but they are not the one issuing the visa. I was at Nicosia this morn and in fact, my three students admitted to Fredrick University were told the visa will be ready 6th of Jan, but they finally got the visa on 18th.

The visa processing days depends on various factors including volume of applicants, verification of documents, etc. So soon the university will inform you of the outcome, and you can get your ticket money and others ready.....so relax.
Re: North Cyprus by uduokekalu(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2016
Thanks so much sir,i really appreciate,may God bless
Re: North Cyprus by kksamm: 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
wip7:

Since you are coming to study, you are expected to pay your fees before you come and get your confirmation letter...this will give you more leverage.....however;

The advice I can give is that you can pay at least registration of 1-2 courses/full fees stated and get the payment slip with you on your way (clear copy) and your admission letter. Also, ensure you fly Turkish airline directly to the Island.

At departure at Istanbul, you may be asked for a valid resident permit before been checked in. Kindly with gentleman's voice explain that you paid so so and this your offer letter but due to so so so you have to come very fast so you could not get the visa straight down, so since you have paid then you can renew your resident on arrival at TRNC.

Above may work for you also at TRNC POE. The Immigration there has been equipped to have access to all the school admission and registration database to verify certain student/payment.

Best wishes!
Still on the e-visa stuff: Can I use the upcoming graduation as the purpose of visiting TRNC?...together with a Turkish airlines return ticket. I wouldn't be able to pay the PhD part payment (before traveling) due to some financial constraints. But wisdom demands that I should use my UK visa before it expires. Please, is this idea okay?
Re: North Cyprus by uduokekalu(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
Thanks so much Mr wip7,you ve really been a great help to people over here,i really appreciate.The woman that I am actually working with on this is in cyprus,alina khajaj.and she have been the one telling me how to forward the necessary payments I ve made so far,i am actually ready to make their remaining transaction but she said I should wait,i ve already sent like 175k naira for my documentation and other things listed in the admission list,it was just like last 2 weeks that they asked for 141euro for visa application and one fee like that totally 141,and I asked if I could forward my school fee and she said no.so am just scared hope they are gonna grant me visa,wondering y it has taken this long.also Mr Wip7,thanks for the flight stuff which you also hinted.i app alot.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
kksamm:

Still on the e-visa stuff: Can I use the upcoming graduation as the purpose of visiting TRNC?...together with a Turkish airlines return ticket. I wouldn't be able to pay the PhD part payment (before traveling) due to some financial constraints. But wisdom demands that I should use my UK visa before it expires. Please, is this idea okay?

Yes its okay.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
uduokekalu:
Thanks so much Mr wip7,you ve really been a great help to people over here,i really appreciate.The woman that I am actually working with on this is in cyprus,alina khajaj.and she have been the one telling me how to forward the necessary payments I ve made so far,i am actually ready to make their remaining transaction but she said I should wait,i ve already sent like 175k naira for my documentation and other things listed in the admission list,it was just like last 2 weeks that they asked for 141euro for visa application and one fee like that totally 141,and I asked if I could forward my school fee and she said no.so am just scared hope they are gonna grant me visa,wondering y it has taken this long.also Mr Wip7,thanks for the flight stuff which you also hinted.i app alot.

Relax, you will be granted a visa. As soon as you are evaluated and all documents you submitted are okay..... Please, don't pay tuition fees into the agent bank account. Kindly pay directly into the university account no matter what the agent tells you.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
NEW TURKISH VISA APPOINTMENT ONLINE/VISA FORM

It's not new anymore that Turkish embassy has introduced more flexible and straight forward appointment and visa application online. The advantages of this new online system are numerous and particularly, it will deter those agents from selling appointment dates, and the appointment date is obtained as soon as you submit the form online.

However, over 50 applicants have filled this form wrongly (data from inquirers), or some have allowed their agents to fill the form for them. The agents some are less educated nor experience, have filled these forms wrongly and hence, resulted in a visa denial. Based, on the data I have received from inquirers, about 25 applicants have been rejected stemming from mismatched details and fake documents.

Henceforth, I will suggest the applicants to read the procedure online perfectly before filling, should ask questions before submitting. In my own capacity, I have asked my university to have a word with the local authority to at least show filled sample online. But they have claimed most embassies don't have samples as well. But they may still yield to that.

Last note: If your agent must fill this form fo you, pls go through it well before he/she submit the form....Its a must!
Re: North Cyprus by lexycool01(m): 5:42am On Jan 28, 2016
Sir wip.
Gooday, i also checked my visa form and i realised i miss filled the proposed travel date. I have submitted and i will have to reapply again.
My question is it the acceptance letter am to upload or the document for transfer of money in the second document we are asked to upload.
Secondly there is no place to upload insurance certificate. Only the valid date was asked and the date is in turkish language
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2016
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE EMBASSY FOR STUDENTS TRAVELING TO Turkey/TRNC, 24.01.2016

After filling the form online, applicants are expected to go along with the following documents

1. Copies of the relevant pages of the passport (data and extension pages).

2. Duly filled online visa application form with 2 biometric passport photos.

3. Admission or conditional offer Letter by the University.

4. Payment receipt of school fees (Telex copy can be used here).

5. Confirmation or acceptance letter from the school acknowledging receipt of payment.

6. O level or Statement of Result duly signed and approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs thereafter.

7. Guarantee letter signed by the sponsor and the student, stating that the sponsor will cover all the expenses of the student, and the student will never apply to any person or institution (including university) for financial support or scholarship, certified by a public notary.

8. Original “personal” bank statement for the last three months of the sponsor and original reference letter from the bank.

9. Consent letter from the parents if you are less than 18 years old sealed by notary or court.

10. Flight reservation.

11. National ID Card (1 Original+1 Copy) (here another valid card maybe driving or health licence can be used)

12. “Vaccination Card” for yellow fever and typhoid diseases

13. Travel health insurance which covers the entire period of intended stay or transit.

NOTE: If the above-mentioned documents are not provided in full, your application will not be considered and you will have to take a new appointment in order to submit your full documentation. The Embassy does not take any responsibility that this may cause delay and may result in missing deadlines related to your business, tourism or education.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 28, 2016
Wip do nigeria atm card work in cyprus if yes how much can be withdrawn in which curreny either north or south
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2016
lexycool01:
Sir wip.
Gooday, i also checked my visa form and i realised i miss filled the proposed travel date. I have submitted and i will have to reapply again.
My question is it the acceptance letter am to upload or the document for transfer of money in the second document we are asked to upload.
Secondly there is no place to upload insurance certificate. Only the valid date was asked and the date is in turkish language

1. Put your acceptance/confirmation letters and telex in one Pdf and upload that

2. Yes choose the validity of the date of your insurance, you shall submit a copy to them at the embassy. Turkish calendar is attached for ref sake. Follow that.

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2016
Alikote:
Wip do nigeria atm card work in cyprus if yes how much can be withdrawn in which curreny either north or south

Yes all ATMs (including Nigeria) enabled for international transaction can be used on POS or ATM machines in both north and south Cyprus. The following currency can be withdrawn in North (Turkish lira, USD, pounds, Euro) and in the South (Euro, pounds and USD).

grin You can't withdraw Naira here tongue
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2016
Sample visa form filled by WIP online and Appointment

Please note, I have filled the sample form just to serve as a guide. Read the instructions well before you filled yours. I dont work with embassy pls and I have filled this based on my personal information and experience so fill same for yourself.

I have attached the first page, the appointment page and downloaded form filled.

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 28, 2016
wip7:

Yes all ATMs (including Nigeria) enabled for international transaction can be used on POS or ATM machines in both north and south Cyprus. The following currency can be withdrawn in North (Turkish lira, USD, pounds, Euro) and in the South (Euro, pounds and USD).

what the exchange rate for usd to naira now
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 28, 2016
wip7:

pls how much is the exchange rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.