Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,539 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766469 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wildrose21(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2016
wip7:

You can only visit South from North legally if you have the visa to South Cyprus, you are European Citizen, married Southern Cypriot, have valid multiple entry Schengen visas and sometimes American Citizen are allowed based on specific mission.
Thanks for your reply. But is it possible to get the visa from the North? Maybe Lefkosa? Or the Turkish Embassy??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2016
wildrose21:

Thanks for your reply. But is it possible to get the visa from the North? Maybe Lefkosa? Or the Turkish Embassy??

NO...there is no South Cyprus embassy in the North Cyprus. Turkish embassy cannot issue south Cyprus visa. If you need to go South Cyprus you can visit there consulate in Lagos or any other country you are currently living.
Re: North Cyprus by wildrose21(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2016
wip7:

NO...there is no South Cyprus embassy in the North Cyprus. Turkish embassy cannot issue south Cyprus visa. If you need to go South Cyprus you can visit there consulate in Lagos or any other country you are currently living.
Wip7, I am currently in Lefkosa...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2016
wildrose21:

Wip7, I am currently in Lefkosa...

Good
Re: North Cyprus by wildrose21(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
wip7:

Good
So how do I go about it? Or is it impossible to go from North to the South as people say in some quarters... Someone even said I have to go to Nigeria and get a visa... Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wildrose21(m): 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2016
wip7:

You can only visit South from North legally if you have the visa to South Cyprus, you are European Citizen, married Southern Cypriot, have valid multiple entry Schengen visas and sometimes American Citizen are allowed based on specific mission.
Just reading this again... And the provisions attached... I got to say it is quite impossible for me to go legally now.... Thanks bro
Re: North Cyprus by remainhidden: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
wip7:

Good
oga wip,i just sent you a message from emegold4@gmail.com.
i wish to apply to EMu for sept entry
Re: North Cyprus by Nitta08(f): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
wip7:

Only two universities (EMU and near east University) offer Medicine at North Cyprus and both range between 15-16,000USD per year and no scholarship for medicine. The fees is excluding accommodation and living expenses. When you are ready financially let me know.
Sir wip, please can we chat privately?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
remainhidden:

oga wip,i just sent you a message from emegold4@gmail.com.
i wish to apply to EMu for sept entry

I have replied your mail. Send me the complete documents for admission. All process is FREE of cost.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nitta08:

Sir wip, please can we chat privately?

Yes you can email me and let me know. Have great day!
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 8:36am On Apr 26, 2016
Good day Mr wip
Pls has the admission application of EMU and NEU started?
If no,please wen will it start?
Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2016
Sagogo99:
Good day Mr wip
Pls has the admission application of EMU and NEU started?
If no,please wen will it start?
Thank you.
Both started.
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 12:39am On Apr 27, 2016
wip7:

Both started.
Tanx alot.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2016
*** Note
Admission for Fall semester which starts September has started.i'll advice prospective students to Near East University to start their application ASAP in order to get their acceptance letters early and avoid name not on list after visa interview. Their names would be on the first list sent to Turkish embassy in Lefkosia and Abuja.

you can forward scanned copies of your documents :
Undergraduate
(1) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(2) International passport data page

Graduate Studies
(1) Bsc Certificate
(2) Transcript
(3) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(4) International passport data page
(5) C.V

to godsong29@gmail.com and don't fail to mention your course of study.

All at no cost.. Totally free.
If you have any question concerning studying in North Cyprus don't fail to ask.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
***Note
Near east university update

Tourism & hotel management is no longer %75 or €700 per semester. It's now %50 €1400 a semester for new prospective student coming in for fall/September 2016.
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 10:40am On May 01, 2016
Hello, please I really need assistance from those who have or are currently studying in Turkey. I have been given admission into
Sakarya University Continuing Education Application and Research Center
Esentepe Campus,
54187 Serdivan,
Sakarya

I’ve also paid my tuition fees & already have my Admission & Acceptance Letter. I’m in the process of applying for a visa, so I need help from you guys. I would appreciate if every question is being treated. Thank you.

1) Embassy requests that the passport photos shouldn’t be stapled to the visa form. So can the photo be gummed to it or one just takes it along separate.
2) Visa Form
a) Duration of Stay
- What duration do students usually fill in the form? Is it a duration of 90 days, which then gets to be renewed or a duration of the whole course program as my course ends in May 2019 (the Pre-Application form online can’t even scroll more than 99 days)
b) Port of First Entry or Transit Route
- I believe this would be “Istanbul Atatürk Havalimanı” or is there any other port travelers coming from Nigeria get to arrive at
3) Vaccination Card for yellow fever & typhoid diseases
a) Are there designated hospitals by the Turkish embassy to obtain the vaccination or can it be done in any reputable hospital as I reside in Lagos
4) Travel Health Insurance which covers the entire period of intended stay or transit
a) Are there designated insurance firms by the Turkish embassy to obtain this or can it be done in any reputable insurance firm
b) What duration does the insurance usually cover? Is it for a year, which then gets to be renewed or a duration of the whole course program
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:47pm On May 01, 2016
layzie86:

I’ve also paid my tuition fees & already have my Admission & Acceptance Letter. I’m in the process of applying for a visa, so I need help from you guys.

1) Embassy requests that the passport photos shouldn’t be stapled to the visa form. So can the photo be gummed to it or one just takes it along separate.

You will need to upload a biometric photograph of yourself on the pre-application system online and that will be used on your visa sticker. You can just go with the same biometric photo although you won't be needing it further.

2) Visa Form
a) Duration of Stay
- What duration do students usually fill in the form? Is it a duration of 90 days, which then gets to be renewed or a duration of the whole course program as my course ends in May 2019 (the Pre-Application form online can’t even scroll more than 99 days)

Just type 7 days, the embassy will determine the number of days that will be issued to you. After registration with the University, your residence permit will take care of the length of stay.

b) Port of First Entry or Transit Route
- I believe this would be “Istanbul Atatürk Havalimanı” or is there any other port travelers coming from Nigeria get to arrive at

This depends on your flight. You can enter via Ankara or Istanbul......Sakarya is between Ankara and Istanbul. From Lagos mostly the flight enter Turkey via Istanbul and Northern Nigeria may enter from Ankara also. So fill the route you wish between Ankara and Istanbul.

3) Vaccination Card for yellow fever & typhoid diseases
a) Are there designated hospitals by the Turkish embassy to obtain the vaccination or can it be done in any reputable hospital as I reside in Lagos

No...just any governmental hospital will do or verifiable private clinics.

4) Travel Health Insurance which covers the entire period of intended stay or transit
a) Are there designated insurance firms by the Turkish embassy to obtain this or can it be done in any reputable insurance firm
b) What duration does the insurance usually cover? Is it for a year, which then gets to be renewed or a duration of the whole course program

No specified company..just visit any insurance vendor that deals with travelling health Insurance. Just get for 7days. After registration, your university provides for you.
Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:01am On May 02, 2016
Happy New Month everyone!
Re: North Cyprus by remainhidden: 11:33am On May 02, 2016
i just discovered the imputability of my agents,below was what xhe sent to me.

South Cyprus

Processing fees - N50,000
School application fees - 250 Euro (Sent directly to school)
Tuition fees 8,100 Euro
Accommodation- b/w 2,000 - 3,500 Euro per year (depending on your choice)
Visa administration fees - 800 Euro (We will attest all results, international passport etc-, legalize them at Ministry of Education, Health, Foreign Affairs, passport office at Abuja and other visa processing)
Next entry- September 2016

Guys studying in Cyprus, i advise you never to use an agent to process your admission or whatever. Mr Wip is there for you,to do it free of charge..awhole 50k for processing fees, that is quite outrageous.

I just got admitted to EMU.. moving onto the next plan.
Thank you mr wip.i appreciate

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Eureka123(f): 11:59am On May 02, 2016
remainhidden:
i just discovered the imputability of my agents,below was what xhe sent to me.

South Cyprus

Processing fees - N50,000
School application fees - 250 Euro (Sent directly to school)
Tuition fees 8,100 Euro
Accommodation- b/w 2,000 - 3,500 Euro per year (depending on your choice)
Visa administration fees - 800 Euro (We will attest all results, international passport etc-, legalize them at Ministry of Education, Health, Foreign Affairs, passport office at Abuja and other visa processing)
Next entry- September 2016

Guys studying in Cyprus, i advise you never to use an agent to process your admission or whatever. Mr Wip is there for you,to do it free of charge..awhole 50k for processing fees, that is quite outrageous.

I just got admitted to EMU.. moving onto the next plan.
Thank you mr wip.i appreciate

Congratulations!
Re: North Cyprus by ponpin234(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2016
pls which can of work can sumone get in Cyprus International University

is it possible dat wen u finisb your degree program in Cyprus International University, dat you cab secure a Job dere

tnx for all your replies in advance
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:56am On May 04, 2016
Study Engineering, Nursing and Business at British University of Nicosia with 50-75% scholarship.

For Transfer international student: Tuition is free for one year!

If its interest you, send me your application documents.

Re: North Cyprus by ponpin234(m): 11:09am On May 04, 2016
wip7:
Study Engineering, Nursing and Business at British University of Nicosia with 50-75% scholarship.

For Transfer international student: Tuition is free for one year!

If its interest you, send me your application documents.
pls can u answer my questions
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:24am On May 04, 2016
ponpin234:
pls can u answer my questions

I dont know if you finish from CIU and you can get job there...cos this depends on the university need for staffs.Do you mean lecturing job or what nature of Job?

For lecturing job you have to be able to have good research skills, demonstrate some other academic experience....lastly, you can only apply for job if there are OPEN POSITIONS....nobody can guarantee that.

Anything is possible...I finished in Cyprus and two weeks after, I was appointed as Assistant Professor....meanwhile I have known even the locals that we studied together and yet to get job while some got just a part-time since almost 3yrs........so what works for MR. A may not work for MR. J...

If your intention is coming to work after....then re-think well and have strategy for exit or landing well on the job or outside your dream. I think you should acquire skills that makes you multi-functional and fits to different regions/country rather than a sole country.

There are some Nigerian Assistant professors also at CIU though........Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by ponpin234(m): 11:49am On May 04, 2016
wip7:

I dont know if you finish from CIU and you can get job there...cos this depends on the university need for staffs.Do you mean lecturing job or what nature of Job?

For lecturing job you have to be able to have good research skills, demonstrate some other academic experience....lastly, you can only apply for job if there are OPEN POSITIONS....nobody can guarantee that.

Anything is possible...I finished in Cyprus and two weeks after, I was appointed as Assistant Professor....meanwhile I have known even the locals that we studied together and yet to get job while some got just a part-time since almost 3yrs........so what works for MR. A may not work for MR. J...

If your intention is coming to work after....then re-think well and have strategy for exit or landing well on the job or outside your dream. I think you should acquire skills that makes you multi-functional and fits to different regions/country rather than a sole country.

There are some Nigerian Assistant professors also at CIU though........Good luck!
tnx sir

i wantu studey comp engr dere...so which countries do u tink i can secure a job...with d certificate

And, how will the processing for NYSC afta i graduate

sorry for mani questions... cus i hav mani questions to ask...

Tnx Alot
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:09pm On May 04, 2016
ponpin234:
tnx sir

i wantu studey comp engr dere...so which countries do u tink i can secure a job...with d certificate

And, how will the processing for NYSC afta i graduate

sorry for mani questions... cus i hav mani questions to ask...

Tnx Alot

Sorry...I dont know which countries you can secure job. You can email the human resources or Alumni unit of your proposed university. Unfortunately, I will only answer questions relating to admission, visa, living styles in South and North Cyprus and can briefly talk about jobs while studying. Every other questions you can read this thread from first page till current page, you can call the university and ask or you can do google search. Good luck!
Re: North Cyprus by ponpin234(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2016
wip7:

Sorry...I dont know which countries you can secure job. You can email the human resources or Alumni unit of your proposed university. Unfortunately, I will only answer questions relating to admission, visa, living styles in South and North Cyprus and can briefly talk about jobs while studying. Every other questions you can read this thread from first page till current page, you can call the university and ask or you can do google search. Good luck!
tnk you...hav read from page 1-17, nd 216-223 of dis thread

i wantu applt to Cyprus International University
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 3:53pm On May 04, 2016
wip7:

Good day sir, l just sent my documents to your email for admission into EMU for fall 2016.
my email is Zhitsugana@gmail.com
thanks,will be waiting for your reply here
Re: North Cyprus by Sagogo99(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2016
godsong:
*** Note
Admission for Fall semester which starts September has started.i'll advice prospective students to Near East University to start their application ASAP in order to get their acceptance letters early and avoid name not on list after visa interview. Their names would be on the first list sent to Turkish embassy in Lefkosia and Abuja.

you can forward scanned copies of your documents :
Undergraduate
(1) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(2) International passport data page

Graduate Studies
(1) Bsc Certificate
(2) Transcript
(3) W.A.E.C or N.E.C.O result
(4) International passport data page
(5) C.V

to godsong29@gmail.com and don't fail to mention your course of study.

All at no cost.. Totally free.
If you have any question concerning studying in North Cyprus don't fail to ask.
l just sent my documents to your email for admission
my email name is zhitsugana@gmail.com
thanks alot,will be waiting for your reply
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 5:33pm On May 04, 2016
Sagogo99:

l just sent my documents to your email for admission
my email name is zhitsugana@gmail.com
thanks alot,will be waiting for your reply
seen
Re: North Cyprus by Abruzy: 7:04pm On May 04, 2016
@Mr. WIP, i am interested in that of british university of nicosia and the sakarya university, sir pls i would like you to put me through the application process. can we chat privately sir, thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:12pm On May 04, 2016
Abruzy:
@Mr. WIP, i am interested in that of british university of nicosia and the sakarya university, sir pls i would like you to put me through the application process. can we chat privately sir, thanks.

The fees for British University for each programme offer is stated on the pics I uploaded. You have to be sure of which of the University you wish to study. To apply for admission at British Uni, you will need to send me your olevel, result, international passport page and state the programme you wish to go for.

Best wishes!

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.