Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767558 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by jaybros: 6:13pm On May 29, 2016
To notarize all documents required, will the 1-2k cover all? Apart from degree result what else am I to notarize? I have already been offered admission to EMU, Famagusta.
Re: North Cyprus by alexajay(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2016
Anyone schooling in European University Cyprus. Just got admitted.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2016
Most times I laugh when people talk bad about north Cyprus and even compare their education to that of Nigeria.
It's easy,if you feel education there is so bad,just try convince your parents or sponsor to stop wasting money and go back home. You are there having good education but trying to convince others not to come..

There is little to no white collar job in north Cyprus doesn't mean people don't make it there after studies.

I graduated from emu, though no longer there but can boldly say education there is superb.

Talking about job, not everyone that studied in usa or uk or canada end up getting a job(though easy there compare to north Cyprus).

In conclusion,if your reason of going to NC is for education then you not making a bad decision, but if to work then I advice you rethink because it's not easy on that aspect.

The worst and low ranked school I can think of in Cyprus have standard than the best in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 30, 2016
penroll55:
Most times I laugh when people talk bad about north Cyprus and even compare their education to that of Nigeria.
It's easy,if you feel education there is so bad,just try convince your parents or sponsor to stop wasting money and go back home. You are there having good education but trying to convince others not to come..

There is little to no white collar job in north Cyprus doesn't mean people don't make it there after studies.

I graduated from emu, though no longer there but can boldly say education there is superb.

Talking about job, not everyone that studied in usa or uk or canada end up getting a job(though easy there compare to north Cyprus).

In conclusion,if your reason of going to NC is for education then you not making a bad decision, but if to work then I advice you rethink because it's not easy on that aspect.

The worst and low ranked school I can think of in Cyprus have standard than the best in Nigeria.
That's not true
Re: North Cyprus by earc101: 9:59pm On May 30, 2016
Hello house , Does anyone have any idea when European university of lefke will be sending names to the embassy .
Re: North Cyprus by jaybros: 10:49pm On May 30, 2016
jaybros:
To notarize all documents required, will the 1-2k cover all? Apart from degree result what else am I to notarize? I have already been offered admission to EMU, Famagusta.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 6:51pm On May 31, 2016
earc101:
Hello house , Does anyone have any idea when European university of lefke will be sending names to the embassy .
Most Universities will send their first list to the embassy by July. Do not rush to avoid "name not on list" after interview.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:23am On Jun 01, 2016
METU admission for FALL 2016 is OPEN for Aerospace Engineering, Petroleum and Business courses

Re: North Cyprus by Amosiye: 6:16am On Jun 02, 2016
Greetings to all.. A friends of mine. at the point of entry in Ercan the passport wasn't stamped mistakenly. So now cannot do mujirate except she brings a note from police office in Lefkoşa. Pls in need info on how to go about this. they said d office is near Nicosia.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
Amosiye:
Greetings to all.. A friends of mine. at the point of entry in Ercan the passport wasn't stamped mistakenly. So now cannot do mujirate except she brings a note from police office in Lefkoşa. Pls in need info on how to go about this. they said d office is near Nicosia.

It depends on where your friend is....all cities have police station but he meant immigration then it's in Lefkosia.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2016
fados4sure:

That's not true
Really don't want to open argument with you and if not that am so tight up this period,would have analyze it well for you so you know unilag or ife or UI is just a name.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
penroll55:

Really don't want to open argument with you and if not that am so tight up this period,would have analyze it well for you so you know unilag or ife or UI is just a name.
You can't compare Uniben or Landmark University to CIU. I did my NYSC with Landmark university b4 travelling to CIU. Brother, i had to quickly transfer to UK because CIU was a waste of money.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Amosiye:
Why was your friend passport not stamp? Meanwhile, enter a bus that is going to city centre (gene capel) tell the driver to stop you at Terminal and asked anybody there how to locate the police station. I have been there also

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
fados4sure:

You can't compare Uniben or Landmark University to CIU. I did my NYSC with Landmark university b4 travelling to CIU. Brother, i had to quickly transfer to UK because CIU was a waste of money.
What you saying is just about name not content.
As far as Nigeria university is concerned you learn nothing if you don't go to external body to learn more on that course you studying.

I know of so many Nigerians from that so called uniben,UI, and many to count that graduated with extremely good result but don't even know about the course they study but from that Ciu you mention,i know of a lot that that graduated with good results(meaning they were serious) and can defend the result perfectly well.

So quality is better than quantity. Nigerians just after names(quantity) not quality most times.
I rest my case. Those that get my point will relate to it.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
penroll55:

What you saying is just about name not content.
As far as Nigeria university is concerned you learn nothing if you don't go to external body to learn more on that course you studying.

I know of so many Nigerians from that so called uniben,UI, and many to count that graduated with extremely good result but don't even know about the course they study but from that Ciu you mention,i know of a lot that that graduated with good results(meaning they were serious) and can defend the result perfectly well.

So quality is better than quantity. Nigerians just after names(quantity) not quality most times.
I rest my case. Those that get my point will relate to it.
quality & quantity? Do you really know what it means? No school in Nigeria, USA, Canada, UK & Australia will accept pass with BSC & pass HND into direct master degree. Instead, they will advise you to start again or apply for top up or PGD. But, in CIU. You can use such degree 4 Master
Re: North Cyprus by earc101: 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
Mr fados4sure , You like stress , na like bricklayer or factory work go fit you .. see you prefer the hard way to the easy way .
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
earc101:
Mr fados4sure , You like stress , na like bricklayer or factory work go fit you .. see you prefer the hard way to the easy way .
Who is this one, what are you talking about & what do you mean? My friend finish frm CIU Master degree after graduating with pass in Auchi Polytechnic & every where he submit application, no one accepted him.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Admission into Nursing program is open at the British University of Nicosia.

The fees is 2475euro per year!

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
Study Animation and Game Design Undergraduate Program at EMU

Re: North Cyprus by folible(m): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2016
I personally don't think schools that go on ASUU strike, Nasuu strike, SUG protests and have outdated curriculum can ever be better than schools in north Cyprus. Especially if u studied computer science, GIS, any engineering course and science courses. With the innovations going on everyday in scientific world, I honestly don't think its sensible to compare extremely outdated curriculums in UI, Ife , uniben etc to schools in north Cyprus
Re: North Cyprus by sobastical: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2016
folible:
I personally don't think schools that go on ASUU strike, Nasuu strike, SUG protests and have outdated curriculum can ever be better than schools in north Cyprus. Especially if u studied computer science, GIS, any engineering course and science courses. With the innovations going on everyday in scientific world, I honestly don't think its sensible to compare extremely outdated curriculums in UI, Ife , uniben etc to schools in north Cyprus

You're right
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:47am On Jun 03, 2016
fados4sure:

quality & quantity? Do you really know what it means? No school in Nigeria, USA, Canada, UK & Australia will accept pass with BSC & pass HND into direct master degree. Instead, they will advise you to start again or apply for top up or PGD. But, in CIU. You can use such degree 4 Master
No school in Cyprus accept pass for master,say what you know. And as far as I know also, no school in Cyprus accept HND for masters but there are schools and lot of them in usa that accept HND for masters.

Emu do accept HND before but when that's cus then they didn't know much about the degree but when they do they stop it.

Don't talk based on assumption but talk with facts.
Am done with this topic.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:51am On Jun 03, 2016
fados4sure:

Who is this one, what are you talking about & what do you mean? My friend finish frm CIU Master degree after graduating with pass in Auchi Polytechnic & every where he submit application, no one accepted him.
This is what am talking about. You talking based on assumption and what someone told you and you trying to pass false information to some people here as well.

Make your research before trying to defend what you don't know and assuming on.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 03, 2016
penroll55:

No school in Cyprus accept pass for master,say what you know. And as far as I know also, no school in Cyprus accept HND for masters but there are schools and lot of them in usa that accept HND for masters.

Emu do accept HND before but when that's cus then they didn't know much about the degree but when they do they stop it.

Don't talk based on assumption but talk with facts.
Am done with this topic.
You seem to have problem understanding simple English. I was in CIU before & a friend of mine was in the same class with me that graduated from Auchi Poly with pass & was given direct master. He has finally graduated now but having issue securing employment because of his HND pass

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:51am On Jun 03, 2016
fados4sure:

You seem to have problem understanding simple English. I was in CIU before & a friend of mine was in the same class with me that graduated from Auchi Poly with pass & was given direct master. He has finally graduated now but having issue securing employment because of his HND pass
Good luck man
Re: North Cyprus by Damolux01(m): 7:23am On Jun 03, 2016
Can a Nigerian play football in Cyprus when he gets there? Very important before I start filling my document for admission.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2016
Damolux01:
Can a Nigerian play football in Cyprus when he gets there? Very important before I start filling my document for admission.
if you are opting for football as a career or means of making big money, I'll advice you go to turkey, Norway or other European country. Female basketball is the real deal here and they play in the Turkish league.
Re: North Cyprus by menaoga1(m): 1:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
wip7:
Admission into Nursing program is open at the British University of Nicosia.

The fees is 2475euro per year!

am interested , send me your mail sir

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
menaoga1:

am interested , send me your mail sir

To be admitted into Nursing program of BUN you must be less than 25years, have at least 5 credits in O-level result and ability to follow practicals at both university labs and state hospitals of North Cyprus. The fees is 2475euro per year.

The program has internships where students are dispatched to state hospitals and community for real life training and below are the highlights of the program:

1. Programme based on the European Federation of Nurses Competency framework.

2. Substantial internship programme providing valuable work experience.

3. Accredited by Turkish Ministry of Higher Education.

4. Recognition of degree by UK NARIC.

5. International accreditation by AHPGS in Germany.

6. Supplementary international qualifications available through the London Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

7. Highly qualified and dedicated academic staff providing academic support and counselling throughout your education.

To apply kindly email me your high school result, international passport page to skull4una@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by charlie111(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello House and Gurus,

Can anyone assist in securing admission for masters degree in Petroleum Engineering for fall 2016 in North Cyprus? Low tuition €€school¿¿

Thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
charlie111:
Hello House and Gurus,

Can anyone assist in securing admission for masters degree in Petroleum Engineering for fall 2016 in North Cyprus? Low tuition €€school¿¿

charlesezeh99[at]gmail.com

Thank you.

The program is offered at undergraduate level in North Cyprus for now!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Damolux01(m): 8:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
godsong:
if you are opting for football as a career or means of making big money, I'll advice you go to turkey, Norway or other European country. Female basketball is the real deal here and they play in the Turkish league.
Thanks v.much. Will look at Turkish thread also.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.