Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767369 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 8:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Have seen this before unfortunately.
The soccer mad boys ask for advice but then become blinded by the promises of these agents.
You become their enemy for trying to warn them.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Theophinio(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

The same story that other guy said....until he was duped, the victim was in my office few yrs back, no matter how much I tried to convince him he was blind folded with day-dreams. Am suspecting is the same con-man. Does this deal involve you to pay for anything apart from your flight ? If you trust him go ahead and after you arrive Cyprus for the trial please give us update here.

If you are duped like that other guy..also update us...

Best wishes!

He said everything is 400,000 including Visa and ticket. But there is another travel agency that want to brokered a trial for me.
They have space for trial in Serbia, Finland, Armenia and others.
But wait oo bro Wip
Once you got an invitation from a club to come over, is there any chance of scam in it.
I love to be clarify on this invitation letter stuff
#PEACE
Re: North Cyprus by Theophinio(m): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2016
worry359:
Have seen this before unfortunately.
The soccer mad boys ask for advice but then become blinded by the promises of these agents.
You become their enemy for trying to warn them.
Calm down bro
Am seeking a peaceful advice
I love to be sure of what am doing, am not rushing anything
Thumb up for your immense advice
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:00am On Jun 17, 2016
Theophinio:

He said everything is 400,000 including Visa and ticket. But there is another travel agency that want to brokered a trial for me.
They have space for trial in Serbia, Finland, Armenia and others.
But wait oo bro Wip
Once you got an invitation from a club to come over, is there any chance of scam in it.
I love to be clarify on this invitation letter stuff
#PEACE

Sir,

With due respect...I suspect same scammer cos that is his pattern. Based on that guy that was defrauded, I asked how he was so sure this person his real. He said he checked his Facebook and saw many pics of football related and also sent him invitation letter to play in Turkey. Even this victim was already here in Cyprus he was defrauded.

No let get to business. Currently the cheapest return ticket Nigeria-Cyprus based on exchange rate will be approximately 300-500K Naira.

1. Legally, he cant apply for visa for you.

2. Turkish embassy does not operate agency for visa currently.

3. All applicants must apply for visa themselves by providing the requested documents and pay the visa fees which is less than 20k Naira.

4. To apply for a visa related to football or work, you will need an invitation. For the visa to be approved, the issuance of corporate invitation letter must be recognized by Cyprus Government which will in turn inform Turkish embassy when the organization info is requested. Meaning, the organization must have a website, address and telephone number.

5. Anybody can send you fake or cloned invitation letters, then you have to visit the website make some search and see if you can contact the main personnel if they are not compromised.

6. To save yourself, ask the question, how does he intend to get you visa? why would he wants to help you buy fight ticket? Don't you know ticket shops? tell him he can get you visa it cost less than 20k (note point 3) and you will buy the flight yourself.

Serbia....are you kidding me? Stop stop pls....I love Serbia for its cheapness and for those that drink alcohol after Germany, UK...Serbia should be the next one. I have visited Serbia more than 5 times basically for scientific research, the visas is easy to obtain provided you have invitation but their situation is worst. The citizens are so looking for visas to Europe and America..they have one of the lowest wages around that region.

Its cheap place for tourism....I have not heard Serbia have great football teams.

Best wishes in whatever path you have chosen!
Re: North Cyprus by maxpaine(m): 10:33am On Jun 17, 2016
Mr wip7 I am to resume September I was told till August before. My name would be sent to the embassy, am I still on point? And
before then can I fill the visa form from the Turkish embassy website
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 6:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

Do you remember this conversation?

Your resumption date is strange...

You have been rejected for a visa and you will wait for next 6 months.

Thanks bro, i remember. Isn't it kinda unusual to start from the last page tho, or is that how visas are being stamped??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
maxpaine:
Mr wip7 I am to resume September I was told till August before. My name would be sent to the embassy, am I still on point? And
before then can I fill the visa form from the Turkish embassy website

Yes you are on point. You can fill the Turkish visa online now....anyway no need to rush since you can now book appointment as you want.

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
layzie86:

Thanks bro, i remember. Isn't it kinda unusual to start from the last page tho, or is that how visas are being stamped??

Ahhh they were helping you to hide it so that other embassy wont see it... grin grin thats why they stamped last page...some will stamp your face self twice grin grin.

Actually visa can also be placed anywhere the embassy like....I remembered Japanese embassy also fix my visa on my last page even though I had plenty unused pages before that.

Anyway, Just relax and get prepare for next visa application (6 months time), meaning you have to renew your admission letter and be sure you get the reason for denial..so you can prepare well.

Also be sure you are applying when your name has been sent to embassy and double check from the university.

Best wishes.
Re: North Cyprus by Theophinio(m): 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
wip7:

Sir,

With due respect...I suspect same scammer cos that is his pattern. Based on that guy that was defrauded, I asked how he was so sure this person his real. He said he checked his Facebook and saw many pics of football related and also sent him invitation letter to play in Turkey. Even this victim was already here in Cyprus he was defrauded.

No let get to business. Currently the cheapest return ticket Nigeria-Cyprus based on exchange rate will be approximately 300-500K Naira.

1. Legally, he cant apply for visa for you.

2. Turkish embassy does not operate agency for visa currently.

3. All applicants must apply for visa themselves by providing the requested documents and pay the visa fees which is less than 20k Naira.

4. To apply for a visa related to football or work, you will need an invitation. For the visa to be approved, the issuance of corporate invitation letter must be recognized by Cyprus Government which will in turn inform Turkish embassy when the organization info is requested. Meaning, the organization must have a website, address and telephone number.

5. Anybody can send you fake or cloned invitation letters, then you have to visit the website make some search and see if you can contact the main personnel if they are not compromised.

6. To save yourself, ask the question, how does he intend to get you visa? why would he wants to help you buy fight ticket? Don't you know ticket shops? tell him he can get you visa it cost less than 20k (note point 3) and you will buy the flight yourself.

Serbia....are you kidding me? Stop stop pls....I love Serbia for its cheapness and for those that drink alcohol after Germany, UK...Serbia should be the next one. I have visited Serbia more than 5 times basically for scientific research, the visas is easy to obtain provided you have invitation but their situation is worst. The citizens are so looking for visas to Europe and America..they have one of the lowest wages around that region.

Its cheap place for tourism....I have not heard Serbia have great football teams.

Best wishes in whatever path you have chosen!

More power to your elbow sir
I will keep you posted as other interesting stuff unfolds
Thumb up sir
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 6:21am On Jun 22, 2016
good morning, please is there anybody here doing his masters in civil engineering at emu your attention is highly needed.
Re: North Cyprus by layzie86(m): 8:33am On Jun 22, 2016
wip7:

Ahhh they were helping you to hide it so that other embassy wont see it... grin grin thats why they stamped last page...some will stamp your face self twice grin grin.

Actually visa can also be placed anywhere the embassy like....I remembered Japanese embassy also fix my visa on my last page even though I had plenty unused pages before that.

Anyway, Just relax and get prepare for next visa application (6 months time), meaning you have to renew your admission letter and be sure you get the reason for denial..so you can prepare well.

Also be sure you are applying when your name has been sent to embassy and double check from the university.

Best wishes.
lol

thanks... the school's in touch with the embassy tho, hoping they can be clear on reasons for denial & for a review of my visa application

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Admission for Nursing and engineering programs in English (2475euro per year) at the British University is opened

An undergraduate program in Aerospace and petroleum Engineering and Master program in Sustainable Engineering at METU for Fall 2016.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
taiwo92:
good morning, please is there anybody here doing his masters in civil engineering at emu your attention is highly needed.
I stdy elect engr @ CIU but gat a friend at emu.whats d prb
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2016
just want to know how the admission process is and some things about emu generally. I mean masters program in civil engineering. pls is the person a Nigerian. kindly reply ASAP.
Re: North Cyprus by jeakhator: 6:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
good day house. thks for all d info so far. pls any one with info on scholarship in masters in public health in cyprus? pls it will be much appreciated. thks alot
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
taiwo92:
just want to know how the admission process is and some things about emu generally. I mean masters program in civil engineering. pls is the person a Nigerian. kindly reply ASAP.
Ur passport data page, olevel, 1st degree, academic transcript and CV
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
thank u @ jidoex66 pls can u link me with that ur friend at emu
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
taiwo92:
thank u @ jidoex66 pls can u link me with that ur friend at emu
He's nt a nairalander, don't worry ask whatever u need to know
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2016
am going there for MSc civil engineering. and I have the student copy of my transcript can I use it. secondly what is the minimum tuition fee I can pay before the school issue UCL to me.
Re: North Cyprus by slawali: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2016
Pls sorry,somebody is helping me with cyprus visa,he collected my passport and full photo,I want to know how thrue is this pls.any exprience person in d house?
Re: North Cyprus by friendly101: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2016
slawali:
Pls sorry,somebody is helping me with cyprus visa,he collected my passport and full photo,I want to know how thrue is this pls.any exprience person in d house?

its mot true you have to appear in person for interview........please don't pay anyone to who claims you get visa on appearance............travel scammers are rampant now.
Re: North Cyprus by slawali: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2016
friendly101:

its mot true you have to appear in person for interview........please don't pay anyone to who claims you get visa on appearance............travel scammers are rampant now.

He has collected money and my passport alrdy,if at all,he brought visa or any document is it possible for me to confirm the visa authetication?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2016
slawali:

He has collected money and my passport alrdy,if at all,he brought visa or any document is it possible for me to confirm the visa authetication?

The visa that will be issued to you will definitely be a fake one...if you bought a visa on the street.Visas are issued at the embassy after the applicant satisfy the consular...That person you gave your documents and money to is not an embassy. Embassy means an office with a consular not a person.

Cyprus is two different countries (north and south). Now let me tell you current scenario due to BREXIT. Today today I was in the South Cyprus, I drove an invited professor to catch up his flight to the UK. What I noticed at the B wing departure and A entry wing is that new scanning machine for visa has been erected there. I asked the mum of my friend that works there she said its for digital verification that will be able to have direct electronic information on which embassy that issued the visa, location and share with other EU. If you are caught, before you are been deported you will spend weeks in Jail.

Also, if the visa is north Cyprus...you wont last due to recent rehualing by Turkish embassy. Finally, if you manage to enter either of the Island country, you will be stuck cos they have only one entry and next exist is Mediterranean sea.
Re: North Cyprus by friendly101: 2:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
wip7:

The visa that will be issued to you will definitely be a fake one...if you bought a visa on the street.Visas are issued at the embassy after the applicant satisfy the consular...That person you gave your documents and money to is not an embassy. Embassy means an office with a consular not a person.

Cyprus is two different countries (north and south). Now let me tell you current scenario due to BREXIT. Today today I was in the South Cyprus, I drove an invited professor to catch up his flight to the UK. What I noticed at the B wing departure and A entry wing is that new scanning machine for visa has been erected there. I asked the mum of my friend that works there she said its for digital verification that will be able to have direct electronic information on which embassy that issued the visa, location and share with other EU. If you are caught, before you are been deported you will spend weeks in Jail.

Also, if the visa is north Cyprus...you wont last due to recent rehualing by Turkish embassy. Finally, if you manage to enter either of the Island country, you will be stuck cos they have only one entry and next exist is Mediterranean sea.

wip7 has said it all..........please tell him you are not interested again......and follow the due process ........if u need anything or confirmation ask the house.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
Good day all, I got admission to European university of lefke, inside the admission letter sent to me, I am to pay a sum of 1000USD for get and official admission letter. My question is after paying this amount of money, what's the next step to take and when am I to receive a feedback from the school management.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ayomide94:
Good day all, I got admission to European university of lefke, inside the admission letter sent to me, I am to pay a sum of 1000USD for get and official admission letter. My question is after paying this amount of money, what's the next step to take and when am I to receive a feedback from the school management.

You applied to EUL, got admitted and they sent you offer letter....You refuse to ask EUL question or read the offer letter on steps to take after payment...instead you came to Nairaland to ask..... grin grin grin

Its funny dont you think so?

Such questions should be directed to the admission office of the university that you applied to not to an African forum. The staffs of that university do not have special thread or office on NL.

I have seen almost all admission letter issued by most universities in Cyprus, I am sure steps, direction and contact details are written on the offer letter....have you followed or read that yet? If you are unclear, call the university registrar, international or admission units to ask your question.
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for the reply... kiss even though the reply is a little bit harsh ....

Cuz am asking what I dnt understand tho...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ayomide94:
Thanks for the reply... kiss even though the reply is a little bit harsh ....

Cuz am asking what I dnt understand tho...

Bros please can you share the process you followed to get to this stage?
Re: North Cyprus by Ayomide94(m): 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Just go to official school website (European university of lefke)
Download the admission form (fall session)
Fill it appropriately
Towards the base of the form, u will see the email address to send the form to
Scan the filled document (form) to that email.
Latter u will receive a mail requesting u to send ur academy result (o'level) ur international passport and probably a photo passport
Then after some days you relieve a mail from the school.
That's the process I followed when am putting in for it.
Re: North Cyprus by jaybros: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
EMU has offered me the admission. But I was thinking initially that with about 1.7-2m naira I can cover all related expenses, what I'm seeing now is running upwards of 2.5m....advice please
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:46am On Jun 29, 2016
jaybros:
EMU has offered me the admission. But I was thinking initially that with about 1.7-2m naira I can cover all related expenses, what I'm seeing now is running upwards of 2.5m....advice please

If you don't have the tuition fees, accommodations and living expenses complete before you leave your country and you also don't have stable sponsor to fund these expenses at the required time, either wait till you have complete or try another country that fit your budget. If cyprus is your sole destination, then search all other universities that fit your budget. Remember jobs are scarce here!
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 7:42am On Jun 29, 2016
@ jaybros how much is it that is stated in the admission letter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.