Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (766554 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
Xrayy:
Hi guys, Wip7....

I want to travel to Nigeria, with the intention of flying Turkish Air from Ercan to Istanbul, and Egypt Air from Istanbul to Lagos; but someone said there is a new policy of no change of airline.

Please how true is this? Should I go ahead with the booking, or is it compulsory I fly Turkish Air from Ercan to Lagos??

Thanks

There is no policy of not changing airline. However, you will need a transit visa to check in to your next flight. Or, you have your boarding pass of the next airline before you arrive Istanbul.

Two of my students flew to Nigeria just 1-2 weeks ago via other airlines...so Unless the rules changes yesterday! If you wish, you can confirm from the airport before you go but I doubt nothing something of this nature.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
wip7:

There is no policy of not changing airline. However, you will need a transit visa to check in to your next flight. Or, you have your boarding pass of the next airline before you arrive Istanbul.

Two of my students flew to Nigeria just 1-2 weeks ago via other airlines...so Unless the rules changes yesterday! If you wish, you can confirm from the airport before you go but I doubt nothing something of this nature.

Thanks brother.
I am not sure I will be able to get the Egyptair boarding pass from Ercan, so technically, I cannot use that combination.

Better still, there is a Qatar Air flight direct from Ercan (Pegasus to Sabiha Gokcen, Qatar Air from SAW to Lagos) of which I also heard there are always issues of transit visa and stuff at Sabiha Gokcen Airport, . What would you advise?

I am just trying to avoid the high cost of flying Turkish Air direct to Lagos.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:43am On Jul 25, 2017
Xrayy:

Thanks brother.
I am not sure I will be able to get the Egyptair boarding pass from Ercan, so technically, I cannot use that combination.

Better still, there is a Qatar Air flight direct from Ercan (Pegasus to Sabiha Gokcen, Qatar Air from SAW to Lagos) of which I also heard there are always issues of transit visa and stuff at Sabiha Gokcen Airport, . What would you advise?

I am just trying to avoid the high cost of flying Turkish Air direct to Lagos.

You can get boarding passes yourself. You have to check-in online and after you checked-in, you will have an electronic boarding pass you can print.

When you get to Istanbul, there is two pathway you can get to passenger section. Either via a gate that a visa will be requested or via a path of those with boarding passes. Just show a coloured printout of your boarding passes to those security officials u will be fine.They will allow u pass through and enter the passenger section rather than visa checking gate.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2017
wip7:

You can get boarding passes yourself. You have to check-in online and after you checked-in, you will have an electronic boarding pass you can print.

When you get to Istanbul, there is two pathway you can get to passenger section. Either via a gate that a visa will be requested or via a path of those with boarding passes. Just show a coloured printout of your boarding passes to those security officials u will be fine.They will allow u pass through and enter the passenger section rather than visa checking gate.

Thanks bro. You are great!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Xrayy:
Hi guys, Wip7....

I want to travel to Nigeria, with the intention of flying Turkish Air from Ercan to Istanbul, and Egypt Air from Istanbul to Lagos; but someone said there is a new policy of no change of airline.

Please how true is this? Should I go ahead with the booking, or is it compulsory I fly Turkish Air from Ercan to Lagos??

Thanks

The rule or policy is in two forms;
you either get a transit visa, which means you have to claim your bag and check it in again. or you tell your booking agent to enure that your PNR code for both flight is the same.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
I would like to know , how easy is it to get tutor job as a masters student in TRNC
Re: North Cyprus by euroboy95: 7:43am On Jul 31, 2017
wip7:

@wip7 please with student visa in Eul that's euprooean university of lefke can someone apply for a visit in schengen country during break because I intend to visit my cousin in Finland when I have break during my studies... and also what part of Cyprus and school is the best for low tuition and someone who intend to study MSC in international relations..thanks
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2017
elijah101:
I would like to know, how easy is it to get tutor job as a masters student in TRNC
Jobs are scarce, however there some with testimonies of good jobs but the percentage is very small. it is easier for Ph.D students. my take is if the Job is your backup plan, its 50/50 chance.
Re: North Cyprus by Trippeji(m): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
Has any one gone to verify result lately? Is there any new development?... You can share your experience here....tanx
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2017
euroboy95:
@wip7 please with student visa in Eul that's euprooean university of lefke can someone apply for a visit in schengen country during break because I intend to visit my cousin in Finland when I have break during my studies... and also what part of Cyprus and school is the best for low tuition and someone who intend to study MSC in international relations..thanks

You can apply for visa irrespective of the university you are studying in TRNC, however, you must satisfy the consular and meet the visa requirements before you will be issued a visa. The visa of about 7 countries under the Schengen agreements can be assessed from TRNC and others can be assessed from their main embassy in Turkey.

Cyprus is a small island, so you can access all the university within 1-2 hrs reach. You can do google search for the tuition of each university to know which is the lowest.
Re: North Cyprus by euroboy95: 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
wip7:

You can apply for visa irrespective of the university you are studying in TRNC, however, you must satisfy the consular and meet the visa requirements before you will be issued a visa. The visa of about 7 countries under the Schengen agreements can be assessed from TRNC and others can be assessed from their main embassy in Turkey.

Cyprus is a small island, so you can access all the university within 1-2 hrs reach. You can do google search for the tuition of each university to know which is the lowest.
thanks mr wip7 another thing is about university in northern Cyprus I want you to help me on the admission and other process I need your mail plz...
Re: North Cyprus by euroboy95: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2017
wip7:

thanks mr wip7 another thing is about university in northern Cyprus I want you to help me on the admission and other process I need your mail plz and hope I can still meetup with the admission and visa processes...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2017
euroboy95:
thanks mr wip7 another thing is about university in northern Cyprus I want you to help me on the admission and other process I need your mail plz and hope I can still meetup with the admission and visa processes...

My email address is in my signature of each message I respond to here.
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2017
wip7:

My email address is in my signature of each message I respond to here.

Message sent!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2017
eben1991:

Message sent!

Message not received.
Re: North Cyprus by eben1991: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
i have resend again sir. Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by maestrojay(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2017
Helo guys, pls hw much is the cheapest ticket from Nigeria to North cyprus.. one way abeg, no return.
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
maestrojay:
Helo guys, pls hw much is the cheapest ticket from Nigeria to North cyprus.. one way abeg, no return.

check Wakanow.com, they have affordable flight. ensure that your specify ECN (if you are new student).
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
ike121:

check Wakanow.com, they have affordable flight. ensure that your specify ECN (if you are new student).

Merhaba. A friend of mine said his name wasn't on the list for ciu cuz ciu second batch hasn't reached embassy. He said pple who applied from june didn't see their name. Pls any idea on when we are to expect the second batch? Thanks

cc: wip7
Re: North Cyprus by bigheadday: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
Trippeji:
Has any one gone to verify result lately? Is there any new development?... You can share your experience here....tanx

Please house can someone help me with a few list of cheaper schools in north Cyprus accepting applications right now. I will be most grateful as I want to start my application. No agent needed. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Cakay: 5:44am On Aug 06, 2017
What semester are you interested in? Fall or spring?

Also what level. Undergrad or post grad
bigheadday:

Please house can someone help me with a few list of cheaper schools in north Cyprus accepting applications right now. I will be most grateful as I want to start my application. No agent needed. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 9:21am On Aug 06, 2017
Aperion7:

Merhaba. A friend of mine said his name wasn't on the list for ciu cuz ciu second batch hasn't reached embassy. He said pple who applied from june didn't see their name. Pls any idea on when we are to expect the second batch? Thanks

cc: wip7

List submitted to the Embassy is a fucntion of when an applicant confirmed from the University his/her payment, some Universities prefer to send list once at the end of application period, However tell your friend to contact the international office of CIU either by call or email to confirm the exact date his name will be forwarded to the embassy. If your friend applied through an agent, the agent should be able to get this information.
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2017
bigheadday:

Almost all the school are open for admission however the cost is a function of the program applied for.
geberally the fews are
NEU 2800 EUR/yr
EMU 4.275,76 USD/yr
CIU is 2978 EUR/yr
all fees are at 50% normally given to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2017
2017 Green Brain of the Year Contest

Green brain contest has been established as a unique academic program to serve the most critical needs of our globe in the 21st century. The five finalist teams from both International Concept Project and International Project Competitions will be invited to METU NCC (all expenses paid) to present their project in front of the jury.

I designed project for my two students from CSU (Cyprus Science University), this is a two-series project that involves eco-friendly bacteria to eliminate toxic olive wastes and the second part would be wireless sensor development for rapid quantification. I wrote the sensor program using Python under WOLFRAM CDK.

Finally, my two students have been selected among 200 participants from various countries including leading universities in Europe, USA and Africa.

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2017
@ Mr wip7 on what basis can NEU give masters student 100% scholarship.
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2017
wip7:
2017 Green Brain of the Year Contest

Green brain contest has been established as a unique academic program to serve the most critical needs of our globe in the 21st century. The five finalist teams from both International Concept Project and International Project Competitions will be invited to METU NCC (all expenses paid) to present their project in front of the jury.

I designed project for my two students from CSU (Cyprus Science University), this is a two-series project that involves eco-friendly bacteria to eliminate toxic olive wastes and the second part would be wireless sensor development for rapid quantification. I wrote the sensor program using Python under WOLFRAM CDK.

Finally, my two students have been selected among 200 participants from various countries including leading universities in Europe, USA and Africa.

So ciu didn't qualify for the finals undecided .. *spits* .. Useless skul... angry

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
taiwo92:

Unfortunately, I am not an academic staff of NEU and I don't know the basis they used in selecting their 100% scholarship.

However, I have been in charge of African Scholarship of EMU in the past. Then, we have a template designed for scholarship criteria. To get 100% then at EMU, the student will have to graduate with first class, have some verifiable specialized skills, some publications and other academic related documents. And officially, we only give 1-3 100% scholarship per country if the applicant meet mentioned criteria.

So I don't know what NEU....but may likely be similar to what I used then at EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Aperion7:

So ciu didn't qualify for the finals undecided .. *spits* .. Useless skul... angry

Ahhh, stop making me laugh grin grin. Actually, it depends on the quality and sustainability of the project. Most of the universities in Cyprus only reached 4th to 6th stage. While the first is German University, but my students reached the final stage.

Also, my two PhD students have just been selected for competition in Japan.." I have led the Two PhD students to design "Waste bone-based Solar-powered sensor for pest control and Auto Irrigation Monitoring System"...if we reached final stage and win, I shall announce that as well.....

Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
taiwo92:
NEU scholarship is based on your previous academic performance only to first class students ot students with outstanding research publications. Like Wip7 pointed out, a publication will give you edge over others.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
wip7:

Ahhh, stop making me laugh grin grin. Actually, it depends on the quality and sustainability of the project. Most of the universities in Cyprus only reached 4th to 6th stage. While the first is German University, but my students reached the final stage.

Also, my two PhD students have just been selected for competition in Japan.." I have led the Two PhD students to design "Waste bone-based Solar-powered sensor for pest control and Auto Irrigation Monitoring System"...if we reached final stage and win, I shall announce that as well.....

Sir You do me bad tin o. To be sincere at first i thought u were at ciu cuz that was the only uni with the largest environmental engineering department on the island i knew of. I was jumping upandan thinking i will be seeing u everyday until i realized it was csu u meant. Walai this tin no work. Biko transfer to ciu. Come and help our destiny. Even if its to wash your car every morning. I will do it embarassed embarassed
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
Aperion7:

Sir You do me bad tin o. To be sincere at first i thought u were at ciu cuz that was the only uni with the largest environmental engineering department on the island i knew of. I was jumping upandan thinking i will be seeing u everyday until i realized it was csu u meant. Walai this tin no work. Biko transfer to ciu. Come and help our destiny. Even if its to wash your car every morning. I will do it embarassed embarassed

Ahhh grin grin.. Yes, CIU has the largest environmental Eng in TRNC currently, in fact, I was amazed by the number of facilities they have in this field. Mostly, am being selected as Jury head for PhD students monitoring at the CIU and am continuously participating. Unfortunately, they have weak research members based on my standards.

Am always available to provide an academic assistance....not financial assistance oooo biko grin grin grin!
I am conversant with almost all research in Environmental so you can always email me for advice and support!

Brief Profile of WIP7:

1.Supervised and completed 19 master students project/thesis and currently supervising 8
2. Completed 4 PhD students and currently supervising and co-supervising 9
3. Awarded Tubitak project worth 1 million Turkish Lira that ran 2014-2016
4. Awarded UNESCO project worth 150K USD
5. Awarded SETAC Young Scientist project and ENI Research over 200,000 euro etc.
6. 40+ Science citations publications of high impact factors
7. Recently appointed as Associate Editor for Bentham Open Chemical Engineering J
8. Currently Head of Faculty of Engineering in CSU
9. Senior Research Scientist of Polymeric Research Lab of EMU
10. Published 19 book chapters
11. Passed associate Professor exam at above 90th percentile ( very rare..they told me then grin grin)
12. Expert skills and knowledge in targeted drug delivery, solar energy harvesting sensors, anti-corrosion nanofluids, thin-film supercapacitors, treatment of toxic pollutants, drug fabrication, Intelligent fire extinguisher system etc.
13. Visited 67 countries so far including all the continents except the moon and the sun ( embarassed embarassed)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.