Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767062 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by slowizy: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2012
wip7:

ofcourse, you can.

Thank you very much for the response.

Also the context No. 26 on the VISA Form that says "26. In the case of transit, have you an entry permit for the final country of destination?

 No  Yes, valid until: …………………………….. Issuing authority:……..................………………. " and Also "23. Duration of stay- Visa is requested for: .................... days" what should i fill please.

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
slowizy:

Thank you very much for the response.

Also the context No. 26 on the VISA Form that says "26. In the case of transit, have you an entry permit for the final country of destination?

 No  Yes, valid until: …………………………….. Issuing authority:……..................………………. " and Also "23. Duration of stay- Visa is requested for: .................... days" what should i fill please.

Thanks

Leave no 26. Dont bother to fill that. for no 23: write FEW DAYS.
Re: North Cyprus by slowizy: 8:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
wip7:

Leave no 26. Dont bother to fill that. for no 23: write FEW DAYS.

Thank You very much Wip7.. You have been of great help to me. God bless you. One Last question.. Please since i am using my personal bank statement.. Do you have any idea if i still have to provide the CAC, Tax Clearance and guarantee letter. The fact is i have none of this.

Await ur swift response.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:01am On Dec 18, 2012
slowizy:

Thank You very much Wip7.. You have been of great help to me. God bless you. One Last question.. Please since i am using my personal bank statement.. Do you have any idea if i still have to provide the CAC, Tax Clearance and guarantee letter. The fact is i have none of this.

Await ur swift response.

You can only provide those (CAC or TAX), if you own a company or organization which mandates you to pay TAX. If you doo not have such, then you dont need it. It may be advisable if you write a letter stating what you do to earn your money and how the money will sustain you while you are studying up here. This letter will serve like a guarantee letter showing you can handle your finances without turning to destitute or menace here.

International center
EMU, skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by eedriyz(m): 12:53am On Dec 19, 2012
This page has been very informative... I am considering to study Accountancy (undergraduate) in EMU, my english is B3 but maths is D7, do u think I stand a chance? And will I still need Toelf?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hello house,ijust got my admission letter from Cyprus International University for my Master degree and i would like to make payment but just want to be sure Cyprus is a good place to go because i understand it is close to Syria, Israel and Turkish and there are fighting there. House, what do you think? 2ndly, can one really make money in Cyprus after graduation? your humble opinion is highly needed...
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2012
fados4sure: Hello house,ijust got my admission letter from Cyprus International University for my Master degree and i would like to make payment but just want to be sure Cyprus is a good place to go because i understand it is close to Syria, Israel and Turkish and there are fighting there. House, what do you think? 2ndly, can one really make money in Cyprus after graduation? your humble opinion is highly needed...

Cyprus is close to places in the middle east, when Israel or Syria or Libia drop there atom bombs the wind will blow fallout onto the island.
With the politics and finances in Greece they could start a war with Turkey.
But you need not worry because the Mayan calender says that the world will end in flames on Fri21st December 2012.

Best to give away all your money to poor people then dig a hole in you back yard to sit in and pray to whatever gods you believe in than travel abroad.

Or just get a life and stop worrying!!!
Re: North Cyprus by slowizy: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2012
@WIP 7.. Please what does it mean to Authenticate my O' Level? I will be submitting my original O' Level, do i still need to take it to the Ministry for Authentication? Thanks for your swift response..

Regards
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2012
worry 359:

Cyprus is close to places in the middle east, when Israel or Syria or Libia drop there atom bombs the wind will blow fallout onto the island.
With the politics and finances in Greece they could start a war with Turkey.
But you need not worry because the Mayan calender says that the world will end in flames on Fri21st December 2012.

Best to give away all your money to poor people then dig a hole in you back yard to sit in and pray to whatever gods you believe in than travel abroad.

Or just get a life and stop worrying!!!
You are very funny. Thanks all the same...
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2012
slowizy: @WIP 7.. Please what does it mean to Authenticate my O' Level? I will be submitting my original O' Level, do i still need to take it to the Ministry for Authentication? Thanks for your swift response..

Regards

To Authenticate your O' Level, means to prove the authenticity of your O' Level or confirm your result. The body that will do that for you in Nigeria is Ministry of Education. Kindly go there for procedure to do that.

International center
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 4:04am On Dec 21, 2012
@WIP7!!!

What about we that we have booked and sent our Appointment Request to the Embassy for Appointment Dates, and yet we have not even got any responds from them ever sine we have mailed them the Request. Please WIP! I do not know if EMU could come-in to this issue. Because! I have heard a situation where the Embassy eventually gives the students/applicants far dates that might even exceed the registration deadline of EMU. Thanks!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Fernandez88: @WIP7!!!

What about we that we have booked and sent our Appointment Request to the Embassy for Appointment Dates, and yet we have not even got any responds from them ever sine we have mailed them the Request. Please WIP! I do not know if EMU could come-in to this issue. Because! I have heard a situation where the Embassy eventually gives the students/applicants far dates that might even exceed the registration deadline of EMU. Thanks!!!

Check your SPAM BOX. If you do not receive their reply, kindly wait cos this is festive season and most embassies will observe holiday. Classes starts Feb at EMU so you still have enough time.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thanks wip7 for ur responds! I check my spam often and i've just done again nothing has been sent yet to me! Anyway i admit the fact that we're in festive period, but i'm scared bcoz i've sent them my booking since 2nd of this month, about 3 weeks now!!!

wip7:

Check your SPAM BOX. If you do not receive their reply, kindly wait cos this is festive season and most embassies will observe holiday. Classes starts Feb at EMU so you still have enough time.
Re: North Cyprus by gentpeace: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2012
wip: @ all the house members,
most pple do ask me about the requirements for admission at north Cyprus/south Cyprus . below are what you need so dont bother ask me the question in your email again.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO THE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS:

1. Completed application form

2. Complete official records (in English) of academic background listing the subjects studied and the grades received.

3. English Language competence ; TOEFL or IELTS( this can be negotiated to be wave by the skools)

4. Photocopy of passport

5. 12 passport size photographs

6. Non refundable application fee receipt.

DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION TO THE GRADUATE PROGRAMS:

1. A completed and signed Cyprus International University application form.

2. Completion of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (Attested photocopies of diplomas)

3. An official transcript of all university-level courses taken (should be sent directly to the Admissions Office by the issuing institution)

4. Official and literal English translation of transcript.

5. English Language competence; (TOEFL, IELTS etc.)

6. Photocopy of passport.

7. 12 passport size photographs.

8. Non-refundable application fee

AGE RESTRICTIONS: There is an age limit for all programs. 25 is the maximum age limit for undergraduate programs and 30 is the maximum age limit for graduate programs.

ON-CAMPUS JOBS:The students can work on part-time basis at the University, but it depends upon the availability of jobs. However the students may be able to find off-campus jobs.

OFF-CAMPUS JOBS:Students can work up to 20 hours per week

CURRENCY: they both spend spend euros and dollars , cyprus pounds and turkish lira(TRY)
1 EUR = 2.24 TRY
1 TRY = 0.67 USD

SOME of the courses that are available in cyprus are;

* Computer Eng.
* Information Sys. Eng.
* Elec- Electro. Eng.
* Industrial Eng.
* Civil Eng.
* Energy Sys. Eng.

Business Management
Economics
Banking & Finance
Computer Information Systems
International Relations
Public Administration
Computer Engineering
Civil Engineering
Architecture
Interior Architecture
Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Software Engineering
Bachelor in Banking Management(2yrs)
and many more courses.
below are some of the skools website www.ciu.edu.tr, www. neu.edu.tr www.ac.ac.cy etc.

for those going to south south cyprus against feb you need to apply now cos the visa requirements is a bit diffrent from that of north cyprus so north cyprus applicant can still apply even january.

any more info contact my email. pls yahoo boys/girls or scammers should not contact me ooo cos no mata how you do you cant fraud me, some have tried. you can do legal job if you beliv in God not dupping pple, no mata what you get from the pple you dupe, the almight GOD will not let you succeed and you will die a miserable death. AMEN.
,please is there any school offering bsc in nursing in north cyprus?
Re: North Cyprus by gentpeace: 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2012
FACULTY OF LAW
ALL
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
ALL
FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE
ALL
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
ALL
NURSING
OTHER
FACULTY OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
ALL
SCHOOL OF APPLIED DISCIPLINES
ALL
FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION
ALL
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
ALL
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND TECHNOLOGY
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
SCHOOL OF TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY
ALL
TWO YEAR PROGRAMS
SCHOOL OF HEALTH SERVICES
ALL
SCHOOL OF TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY
ALL
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND TECHNOLOGY
ALL
SCHOOL OF JUSTICE
JUSTICE
SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES
SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES
PREPARATORY (*)
(*) Includes the books for English Preparatory School
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE TUITION FEE (USD)
PROGRAMS
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE 25% SCHOLARSHIP (USD)
FACULTY/SCHOOLS
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE 100% SCHOLARSHIP (USD)
SCHOOLS
PROGRAMS
PROGRAMS
PAYMENT IN ADVANCE 25% SCHOLARSHIP (USD)
2012-2013 ACADEMIC YEAR FALL SEMESTER PACKAGE FEE (TUITION, this is how they wrote the tuition in the emu undergraduate session on there website,please does the 4.349 nursing fee signifies four thousand three hundred and fourty nine dollars ?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:29am On Dec 27, 2012
@gentpeace,

Thats the fee for nursing program at EMU but unfortunately the program is not opened for international student for now cos is taught in Turkish. Alternatives are Pharmacy or Molecular genetics and biology.

International Center
Re: North Cyprus by gentpeace: 11:15am On Dec 27, 2012
wip7: @gentpeace,

Thats the fee for nursing program at EMU but unfortunately the program is not opened for international student for now cos is taught in Turkish. Alternatives are Pharmacy or Molecular genetics and biology.

International Center
ok
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:33am On Dec 28, 2012
EMU WISH YOU MERRY PERIOD AND BLESSED NEW YEAR...

Another batch of names have been sent today to the embassy, for those that have not make appointment, should do so and send us their flight details 3days before arrival. Application and payment is still on till Middle of January.

International center

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2012
Please, where/how can I legalise/nortorise my document in Nigeria. I have just receive unconditional offer from CIU and some people said before I can take it to the embassy, I will need to legalise the document.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2013
wip7: EMU WISH YOU MERRY PERIOD AND BLESSED NEW YEAR...

Another batch of names have been sent today to the embassy, for those that have not make appointment, should do so and send us their flight details 3days before arrival. Application and payment is still on till Middle of January.

International center

The Turkish Embassy, Abuja, is yet to give-out Appointment Dates to those of us that we've sent them our Bookings a month ago! Pls WIP! What do we do about this?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2013
Fernandez88:

The Turkish Embassy, Abuja, is yet to give-out Appointment Dates to those of us that we've sent them our Bookings a month ago! Pls WIP! What do we do about this?

I just hope you have not WRONGED the embassy or display your character again to them. If you had wronged them, am scared you might not be given appointment date, I just Hope you did not. The embassy stated on the website to email them just ONCE in a month. Your character is to email 10000000 times, so maybe you have wronged them by this your attitude. I said this becos you kept disturbing us with multiple emails writing to rector, to me, to registrar, to vice rector, to our gate-man to our sectary just on same subject. Anytime we reply you, you kept bombarding us with your email until we got so tired of you and we stopped replying your email.

I hope you have not displayed such to the embassy anyway. If not then wait for the embassy they shall attend to your appointment. Wish you luck
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2013
Lolz!!! I mailed the Embassy once in December 2nd, 2012. But mailed them again on 2nd of January, 2013. I strongly believe that an applicant could book once in a month. WIP! I'm not an animal! So forget the fact that i often mail you people for a topic! All because you don't responds in time to mails sent to you, as other students also complain. And then i did not know a specific e-mail handling a particular issue, so that was why!!! I'm very sorry for that AHMED! And i'll really be excited if my mails could from now on be treated.

wip7:

I just hope you have not WRONGED the embassy or display your character again to them. If you had wronged them, am scared you might not be given appointment date, I just Hope you did not. The embassy stated on the website to email them just ONCE in a month. Your character is to email 10000000 times, so maybe you have wronged them by this your attitude. I said this becos you kept disturbing us with multiple emails writing to rector, to me, to registrar, to vice rector, to our gate-man to our sectary just on same subject. Anytime we reply you, you kept bombarding us with your email until we got so tired of you and we stopped replying your email.

I hope you have not displayed such to the embassy anyway. If not then wait for the embassy they shall attend to your appointment. Wish you luck
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2013
Greetings Mr Wip7!

My cousin just got an admission for a masters degree programme in EMU. He was also awarded with a scholarship of 50perc discount.
He was aked to go for authentification of credentials in Fed Min of Education, make a part payment of the fees and then proceed to Turkish embassy for visa.

Now, as you are an agent of the school, I need to know these procedures in details:

1. How much does it cost to authentic credentials in Min of Education?
2. How long does it take for it to be authenticated? How many working hours or days?
3. After the authentification, should he proceed straight to the Turkish embassy for visa or does he need to book and an appointment?
4. If he's to book an appointment, how long will it take for Turkish embassy to respond as school starts middle of February?
5. When is the deadline for booking for an appointment with the embassy?

Thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2013
Please celebrate with me... My appointment is next week at the Turkish embassy in Abuja...
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Pls guy when did you book? I book on the 2nd of dec 2012 dem no reply, book again on 2nd of jan 2013 dem never reply me, fear they catch me oooo!!!! Pls enlighten me more!!!

fados4sure: Please celebrate with me... My appointment is next week at the Turkish embassy in Abuja...
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
Fernandez88: Pls guy when did you book? I book on the 2nd of dec 2012 dem no reply, book again on 2nd of jan 2013 dem never reply me, fear they catch me oooo!!!! Pls enlighten me more!!!

21st December 2012
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:03pm On Jan 05, 2013
Nuzo':
Greetings Mr Wip7!

My cousin just got an admission for a masters degree programme in EMU. He was also awarded with a scholarship of 50perc discount.
He was aked to go for authentification of credentials in Fed Min of Education, make a part payment of the fees and then proceed to Turkish embassy for visa.

Now, as you are an agent of the school, I need to know these procedures in details:

1. How much does it cost to authentic credentials in Min of Education?
2. How long does it take for it to be authenticated? How many working hours or days?
3. After the authentification, should he proceed straight to the Turkish embassy for visa or does he need to book and an appointment?
4. If he's to book an appointment, how long will it take for Turkish embassy to respond as school starts middle of February?
5. When is the deadline for booking for an appointment with the embassy?

Thanks a lot.

I am in charge of scholarship in EMU and i can tell you only about admission and scholarships in EMU. I cant answers your questions above since i do not work with the Ministry nor the embassy. If you ask me questions about scholarship and admission process i have 100% answers.

International center
EMU. skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
Why why why! I see people never learn, oh will your cousin regret this, anyway getting the visa is as easy as ABC and after that getting the 4-year residence permit takes just a week to get, well as long as your hiv/CBC test is good smiley
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2013
akemzo007: Why why why! I see people never learn, oh will your cousin regret this, anyway getting the visa is as easy as ABC and after that getting the 4-year residence permit takes just a week to get, well as long as your hiv/CBC test is good smiley

Unfortunately there is nothing like 4-year residence permit in Cyprus pls say only what you have done or know. Here we try to give REAL and AUTHENTIC information not LIES nor PROMOTIONAL LIES.

International center
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2013
Good WIP! Nice responds! Some people are here to mislead others while some are here to place a deceptive ads. This is an that was purposely created to power where we found darken in life.

wip7:

Unfortunately there is nothing like 4-year residence permit in Cyprus pls say only what you have done or know. Here we try to give REAL and AUTHENTIC information not LIES nor PROMOTIONAL LIES.

International center
Re: North Cyprus by hycode: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2013
akemzo007: Why why why! I see people never learn, oh will your cousin regret this, anyway getting the visa is as easy as ABC and after that getting the 4-year residence permit takes just a week to get, well as long as your hiv/CBC test is good smiley

4-year residence permit,lol noting person nor go hear for Kıbrıs,nah you dey sign the Muhaceret then.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 2:32pm On Jan 07, 2013
HOUSE - LATEST FROM EMU!!!

Eastern Mediterranean University- Remainder
Mon, Jan 7, 2013 12:09 PM GMT
View full HTML message
Dear applicant,

Thank you for choosing EMU the most reputable University in North Cyprus.
Due to our stringent academic deadlines and embassy policies, we would like
to remind you to make your tuition fee payments within *10 working days* and
forward the receipt to us so as to enable us to process the final stages of
your admission, make visa arrangements with the Embassy and prepare your
accommodation. If we do not receive your payment within the *stipulated
dateline*, you may not be able to register for the SPRING 2012-2013
academic semester.

The deadline for payment is *25th January, 2013;* all payments must be
received on or before this date. For students awarded 50% scholarship the
least payment to receive confirmation letter is 2100USD, for those that
paid less than this amount, *kindly complete your payment before the set
dateline.*

*For those of you who have not applied for scholarship, kindly do so by
sending us a copy of your acceptance letter, credentials, international
passport data page to enable us process your scholarship letter to
emu.intcenter@gmail.com*

For those that have made their payments and receive confirmation
letter, *kindly
apply to the Turkish embassy for visa appointment as earlier as possible.*

*EMU delegates including the University Rector will be visiting Nigeria
between 16th -18th January, 2013. For enquiries and appointment with the
delegates, please contact our Alumni Office in Abuja.... Mr. Chisom Uzoma
on +2348038672613 or *emuafrica2011@gmail.com ; callyluciano@yahoo.com

We would like to thank you once again for choosing Eastern Mediterranean
University. Should you have any queries do not hesitate to contact us!!

Regards,

International Office

Eastern Mediterranean University

Northern Cyprus

http://ic.emu.edu.tr
http://twitter.com/emuintcenter
http://emuintcenter..com/

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (356)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.