Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (767155 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 07, 2013
What is the payment process?
Which bank is more ideal?
How long will it take to hit EMU's account?
What's the account number?
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2013
In addition,

1. How much does a plate of food cost in school cafeteria?
2. Which is thhe best hostel within the school environment?
3. Is Alfan hostel a trekkeble distance from the academic blocks?
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 4:59am On Jan 08, 2013
How I Did Mine!!!

(1) I opened a Dormiciliary Account with GTBank Plc,

(2) I sent $2,100usd to EMU Account of a Wednesday, and had $50usd left in my account,

(3) EMU got and confirmed my payment on a Thursday,

(4) GTBank Plc charges around $50usd for the whole transaction, so send $2,100 to EMU and have about $50usd left in your Dormiciliary Account for all the charges, and also about N2,000 on either your Savings or Current Accounts with GTBank Plc for some local charges,

(5) I got my Confirmation from EMU a week after my payment,

(6) Concerning the EMU Account No! Kindly surf the School's site for that,

(7) GTBank Plc has the fastest, the cheapest and the most simpliest transaction when it comes to funding foreign accounts!

(cool So! My Brother! That's it!!!
Nuzo':
What is the payment process?
Which bank is more ideal?
How long will it take to hit EMU's account?
What's the account number?

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 5:03am On Jan 08, 2013
For question (1) google cyprus44, for questions (2 n 3) visit EMU portal!!!

Nuzo':
In addition,

1. How much does a plate of food cost in school cafeteria?
2. Which is thhe best hostel within the school environment?
3. Is Alfan hostel a trekkeble distance from the academic blocks?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Fernandez88: How I Did Mine!!!

(2) I sent $2,100usd to EMU Account of a Wednesday, and had $50usd left in my account,

(4) GTBank Plc charges around $50usd for the whole transaction, so send $2,100 to EMU and have about $50usd left in your Dormiciliary Account for all the charges, and also about N2,000 on either your Savings or Current Accounts with GTBank Plc for some local charges,

(7) GTBank Plc has the fastest, the cheapest and the most simpliest transaction when it comes to funding foreign accounts!

bros are you there already? How is life there? I will be going to CIU next week..
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2013
Nop! I thought ur EMU student? U don go embassy ni? Hws the embassy stuff like? I book on Jan2 but yet to hear frm the embassy people dem. Na EMU me ha dey go ooo!!!

fados4sure:
bros are you there already? How is life there? I will be going to CIU next week..
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 08, 2013
Fernandez88: Nop! I thought ur EMU student? U don go embassy ni? Hws the embassy stuff like? I book on Jan2 but yet to hear frm the embassy people dem. Na EMU me ha dey go ooo!!!

I will be going to embassy 2morro wednessday and am going to CIU. Please I would like to transfer to UK after one semester how possible it is?
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fernandez88: How I Did Mine!!!

Thaank my friend.

Which bank did you pay in; HSBC or Bank of Turkey? Is the swift code part of the Iban number?

Pls feel free to tell me. I already have a copy from the school but I want to be very sure.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
The only lier here is you(wip7), off course i see you are from EMU, that horrible university filled with horrible Nigerian students anyway not all are but most, and when i say Cyprus i mean KKTC a.k.a north Cyprus, am a previous student of near east university, good school but already destroyed by the bad eggs of EMU transferring to it. Anyway Nigerians will never change, you know its not a good place to study and here you are promoting the school because of some peanut percentage you may get from getting students admission.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
akemzo007: The only lier here is you(wip7), off course i see you are from EMU, that horrible university filled with horrible Nigerian students anyway not all are but most, and when i say Cyprus i mean KKTC a.k.a north Cyprus, am a previous student of near east university, good school but already destroyed by the bad eggs of EMU transferring to it. Anyway Nigerians will never change, you know its not a good place to study and here you are promoting the school because of some peanut percentage you may get from getting students admission.
Bro please tell me more about CIU and how possible it is for me to move to UK university frm CIU?
Re: North Cyprus by dhayorzie(m): 2:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Is eatern mediterrian university an accredited university in nigeria, need quick answers pls..
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 2:33pm On Jan 08, 2013
fados4sure:
Bro please tell me more about CIU and how possible it is for me to move to UK university frm CIU?

Ok good, at least you honest with me now, so let start by saying its so hard to get a study visa to the uk from kktc even if you paid tuition to the uk university, believe i knew so many ppl who tried this and failed, the embassy already knows from kktc intelligence that many nigerians come to use kktc as transport hub to other places, not saying that's your plan though, everyday you see a long queue at the embassy and i can tell you that out of 110 applicants only 5 or 7 get get, most likely from Ghana or Botswana but why? Over 7-10 years ago things were really good and you could easily get a year visa but Nigerians as you know have already destroyed it all with the use of fake documents and what not, ok enough with the doom and gloom, it is a bit easier to get the us visa (which is already getting hard as more Nigeria are caught with fake documents and so on), so far all i can say is that most who find it hard to survive to the Greek Cyprus and claim asylum, get a job and live well enough to survive. Cutting the story short, yo got a better chance getting a uk,us, Canada visa in Nigeria than kktc(north cyprus). CIU is good, nice student accommodation, a bit far away from the capital, do note, to defer a semester you must write a letter to the rector and you can do this only once, of which you must have already paid tuition for the semester you want to defer or else, no defer granted.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Hi Nuzo! If u're on BBM or Whatsapp, let me know so that we could relate. Of course i paid into HSBC, nop! Swift Code is different frm the Int'l Bank Acc No. IBAN! So thats it my brother!!! God bless!!!

Nuzo':

Thaank my friend.

Which bank did you pay in; HSBC or Bank of Turkey? Is the swift code part of the Iban number?

Pls feel free to tell me. I already have a copy from the school but I want to be very sure.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by hycode: 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
akemzo007:

Ok good, at least you honest with me now, so let start by saying its so hard to get a study visa to the uk from kktc even if you paid tuition to the uk university, believe i knew so many ppl who tried this and failed, the embassy already knows from kktc intelligence that many nigerians come to use kktc as transport hub to other places, not saying that's your plan though, everyday you see a long queue at the embassy and i can tell you that out of 110 applicants only 5 or 7 get get, most likely from Ghana or Botswana but why? Over 7-10 years ago things were really good and you could easily get a year visa but Nigerians as you know have already destroyed it all with the use of fake documents and what not, ok enough with the doom and gloom, it is a bit easier to get the us visa (which is already getting hard as more Nigeria are caught with fake documents and so on), so far all i can say is that most who find it hard to survive to the Greek Cyprus and claim asylum, get a job and live well enough to survive. Cutting the story short, yo got a better chance getting a uk,us, Canada visa in Nigeria than kktc(north cyprus). CIU is good, nice student accommodation, a bit far away from the capital, do note, to defer a semester you must write a letter to the rector and you can do this only once, of which you must have already paid tuition for the semester you want to defer or else, no defer granted.

This akemzo007 you sure say you don enter aeroplane before or na your brother dey tell you all these stories? How can CIU be a good place or far from the capital,Haspolat to lefkosa nor reach 5minutes ooo? How can people transfer from Emu to Near east check rankings and school fees? See North Cyprus ain't Sh--t but nor come dey talk wetin you nor know ooooo. See this guy coming to CIU I already can tell an agent had told you this Wolverhampton or Sunderland crap.Come make you come see for yourself.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 08, 2013
akemzo007:

If you check CIU website, you will see that they also have a dual degree to Sunderland and Wolverhampton...
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fernandez88: Hi Nuzo! If u're on BBM or Whatsapp, let me know so that we could relate. Of course i paid into HSBC, nop! Swift Code is different frm the Int'l Bank Acc No. IBAN! So thats it my brother!!! God bless!!!

Don't worry bro. I already rectified it.
I honestly appreciate your concern.

akemzo007: The only lier here is you(wip7), off course i see you are from EMU, that horrible university filled with horrible Nigerian students anyway not all are but most, and when i say Cyprus i mean KKTC a.k.a north Cyprus, am a previous student of near east university, good school but already destroyed by the bad eggs of EMU transferring to it. Anyway Nigerians will never change, you know its not a good place to study and here you are promoting the school because of some peanut percentage you may get from getting students admission.

Akem,

I appreciate your info. I feel its timely.
However, I hope you are not competing with Wip7 on who gets more custom.
Pls, give me more info on Nigerian students in EMU.

Thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 6:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2013
Tanx bro! We really want to know!

penroll55: Good day everyone,am excited cus my case have been solved someone.
Though have asked wip this question b4 by email but want to ask it here again,y do embassy delay in replying mails and even give those that just apply to them appointment date and delay in replying those that have mailed them months or weeks ago,thought its first come first serve? if any have a little idea should please share it cus really want to know.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Fernandez88: Tanx bro! We really want to know!

May be the school also contribute to it
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nuzo':

Don't worry am far too up in the head to compete with share ignorance, if you read the above comment by and i quote 'hycode' you will know he's yapping with his ass, now let me tell you why emu students transfer to near east:
1. They have committed so much atrocities over at famafusta , they now move into nicosia where things are still a bit clam (as of 2007)
2. Near east is owned by a billionaire with links to METSU in turkey
3. Near east is cheaper and highly developed
4. It is easier to cross over to greek cyprus
5. Nicosia is closer to grine (popular tourist seaside)
i could go on and on, or do we need to talk about the endless number of students caught with fake documents, selling drugs, shop lifting, spending fake usd e.t.c , only near east and CIU are the best , the rest are trash,and please! all the so called accreditation and what not are fake, uk university associations with the uk, fake! For example in 2008, grine university was sued by two universities in the us for claiming to be associated with them after grine university had collected so much tuition from ignorant students, unfortunately the students never got their money back ( what right did they have against university in a foreign land). Looks like am writing too much story here, maybe its just my passion to help save u guys anyway we all have a choice, just remember, the choices you make will affect you greatly in a positive way or negative way.

Thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nuzo':

Don't worry am far too up in the head to compete with share ignorance, if you read the above comment by and i quote 'hycode' you will know he's yapping with his ass, now let me tell you why emu students transfer to near east:
1. They have committed so much atrocities over at famafusta , they now move into nicosia where things are still a bit clam (as of 2007)
i could go on and on, or do we need to talk about the endless number of students caught with fake documents, selling drugs, shop lifting, spending fake usd e.t.c , only near east and CIU are the best , the rest are trash,and please! all the so called accreditation and what not are fake, uk university associations with the uk, fake! For example in 2008, grine university was sued by two universities in the us for claiming to be associated with them after grine university had collected so much tuition from ignorant students, unfortunately the students never got their money back ( what right did they have against university in a foreign land). Looks like am writing too much story here, maybe its just my passion to help save u guys anyway we all have a choice, just remember, the choices you make will affect you greatly in a positive way or negative way.

Thanks a lot.
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 11:48pm On Jan 08, 2013
Akem,

I appreciate your info. I feel its timely.
However, I hope you are not competing with Wip7 on who gets more custom.
Pls, give me more info on Nigerian students in EMU.

Thanks a lot.[/quote]

Thanks a lot.[/quote]
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 3:01am On Jan 09, 2013
I want to make something very clear here. EMU is the best university in North Cyprus!! That is a 100% correct statement.
Everything that the school claims to be is true, all the affiliations with other schools (UK, US, etc) are real! Two simple examples:

1. While I was doing my MSc in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, just before the Warwick partnership started, a representative from Warwick came to give a talk about ongoing research in their university and he explicitly announced to us that they will soon have a "campus" in EMU.

2. Post graduate students who take a course from project management have the chance to go to Canada for a workshop, this is part of the coursework, MSc students in Architecture go to Istanbul as part of their coursework as well.

There are bad people everywhere so saying that EMU has bad eggs is not enough reason for it to be a bad school. Yes EMU is not Havard, Yale, Oxford or MIT but it is not Near East University (NEU) and certainly not Cyprus International University (CIU); you can't even compare the schools. EMU is a world apart from all the other schools in North Cyprus and that includes METU in Güzelyurt.
For your information crossing to the south of Cyprus is not easy especially when you have been in the north as a Nigerian (with KKTC residency stamped on your passport) so if I were you, i will not even have that in mind.

So what if NEU is owned by a billionaire? He has a huge campus, but he has also employed academic staff that have no motivation or passion. EMU on the other hand has an equally big and extremely (yes I said extremely) beautiful campus. Given that North Cyprus is only recognized by Turkey as a country, some schools abroad might be skeptical when it comes to transfers but NO EMU student has had problems with moving to other countries. I have friends who have moved to the US, UK, Canada and Australia among others.

I can go on and on but the LCM of the issue is that EMU way ahead of all other schools on the Island (including the south) but it is your choice, wip7 has not forced anyone to go to EMU and even if he is making a percentage why should it bother you? As long as you get what you want which is admission why the hate?

DO NOT GO TO CYPRUS IF NOT FOR STUDY

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2013
ANOTHER BATCH OF NAMES SENT TO EMBASSY TODAY

We have sent another batch of names to Turkish embassies in Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Zimbabwe)Today. Till Yesterday, the embassy has informed us a total of 100 visas had been issued to EMU students for Spring semester and no denied case has been recorded and about 50 appointment applications received and yet to attend to. We urge those that have not make appointment with the embassy to do so as soon as possible. Our admission process for Spring semester will end by 11th Jan, 2013. The last day to receive payment is 25th JAN, last day to send names to embassy is 30th Jan.

We are also(EMU rector and staffs) travelling to 7 African countries next week (Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, etc)we also try to see how we can handle some little glitch the incoming students have.

Pls do not forget to send us your flight details 3days before arrival.

International center
EMU. skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 8:15am On Jan 09, 2013
Pls! And pls! WIP! Here's where i need ur assistance. Kutlay confirmed my name (ADEKOYA ADEBANJO JAMIU) was on first row on the first list of names sent to Abuja. I firstly booked on 2nd of dec. No ply through out the year end, booked again this year on 2nd of Jan, no reply yet. And here's ur thread saying the Embassy has informed EMU they have issued 100 visas and 50 appointments applications received to be attended to. I thought it ought to be first come first serve services. Pls! WIP! Kindly assist me on this, i only booked once in dec, no reply made me to book again once in jan. Pls! WIP! I await ur possive responds pls pls and pls.

wip7: ANOTHER BATCH OF NAMES SENT TO EMBASSY TODAY

We have sent another batch of names to Turkish embassies in Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Zimbabwe)Today. Till Yesterday, the embassy has informed us a total of 100 visas had been issued to EMU students for Spring semester and no denied case has been recorded and about 50 appointment applications received and yet to attend to. We urge those that have not make appointment with the embassy to do so as soon as possible. Our admission process for Spring semester will end by 11th Jan, 2013. The last day to receive payment is 25th JAN, last day to send names to embassy is 30th Jan.

We are also(EMU rector and staffs) travelling to 7 African countries next week (Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, etc)we also try to see how we can handle some little glitch the incoming students have.

Pls do not forget to send us your flight details 3days before arrival.

International center
EMU. skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2013
Fernandez88: Pls! And pls! WIP! Here's where i need ur assistance. Kutlay confirmed my name (ADEKOYA ADEBANJO JAMIU) was on first row on the first list of names sent to Abuja. I firstly booked on 2nd of dec. No ply through out the year end, booked again this year on 2nd of Jan, no reply yet. And here's ur thread saying the Embassy has informed EMU they have issued 100 visas and 50 appointments applications received to be attended to. I thought it ought to be first come first serve services. Pls! WIP! Kindly assist me on this, i only booked once in dec, no reply made me to book again once in jan. Pls! WIP! I await ur possive responds pls pls and pls.

I once replied you on this case. At EMU, we do not have problem sending student details to the embassy provided the student has paid his/her required fees. We have a set procedure to send student details to embassy. I can as well confirm to you that your name is NUMBER one on the first LIST we sent to embassy for SPRING SEMESTER with confirmation number ABUJA 400-807-6409. So giving appointment date is not EMU JOB nor my own JOB, It is the embassy duty to assign appointment date to all applicants that made the application and we (EMU) cannot influence the embassy decision but we can only follow ups and speak with them on cases of missing details or denied cases but we cant FORCE or ASK the embassy to assign date to any students. The embassy cannot ASK or FORCE EMU to admit any student as well so each organization has their own duty.

In your own case, which i prayed is not what has happened is the issue of MULTIPLE EMAILS that you always send which i just hope is not what has affected your case but since you claimed is once you email them. Then wait more for the embassy to decide on your own date. On Friday we shall be have meeting with the Turkish ambassador and i shall table you guys complaints again. i hope this helps.........
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2013
Thanks WIP! For the educative and informative responds!!!

wip7:

I once replied you on this case. At EMU, we do not have problem sending student details to the embassy provided the student has paid his/her required fees. We have a set procedure to send student details to embassy. I can as well confirm to you that your name is NUMBER one on the first LIST we sent to embassy for SPRING SEMESTER with confirmation number ABUJA 400-807-6409. So giving appointment date is not EMU JOB nor my own JOB, It is the embassy duty to assign appointment date to all applicants that made the application and we (EMU) cannot influence the embassy decision but we can only follow ups and speak with them on cases of missing details or denied cases but we cant FORCE or ASK the embassy to assign date to any students. The embassy cannot ASK or FORCE EMU to admit any student as well so each organization has their own duty.

In your own case, which i prayed is not what has happened is the issue of MULTIPLE EMAILS that you always send which i just hope is not what has affected your case but since you claimed is once you email them. Then wait more for the embassy to decide on your own date. On Friday we shall be have meeting with the Turkish ambassador and i shall table you guys complaints again. i hope this helps.........
Re: North Cyprus by akemzo007: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2013
[quote author=ahamdiheme]

Ok i rest my case, its the same vicious circle on and on, that's why nigeria will never change hopefully the above person in need to go to kktc will remember my warnings afterwards, after all, seeing is believing.
Re: North Cyprus by CampsEm: 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2013
Been to Pafos nd was ok, bit too expensive, but ate at some exquisite restaurants such as 'Fat Mammas' (portions and food generally was amazing) also ate at Sakura and that was so brillaint, stunning scenery and best Japanese mojito I have ever had. I understand your question would be more about studying in which case I would suggest Greece. My cousin studied in Cyprus and did not have a great experience. Crete, in Greece, some has great universities and getting there is as easy as jumping on a cheap ferry or flight to wherever you are based at the moment. Their food is very tasty and their culture is very welcoming and they are great hosts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.