Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,530 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:21 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (762877 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 11:49am On Mar 14, 2010
@wip2
Baba mi,i gotta learn 4rm oda pple's xperience.broz i beg no ignore me when i needed u most.u ave replied to my last message.days r short nw.accodatn & cost of living is my most recent problem.if accomation don comot there.the rest na beans. D cash way my oga kheme dey cal too much & scary.i'l b waiting 4 ur reply.thanks
@kheme
Uncle the house rent is beyond my reach.by thanks 4 ur info.it had been of real help.
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 12:56pm On Mar 14, 2010
@iz2much,

hey bro just got busy thats why i have not replied. yeah lefkosia apartmnt is a bit expensive compared to other cities in NC. some students skooling at lefkosia do live at famagusta and nearby cities with cheap accomodation, you can take bus to lefkosia for 5TYL. but as a new student i will advise you to atleast stay in skool dorm for the spring semester and watch things around you and see wat you can do.

most off campus apartment might require you to pay for light and water bills which might be inclusive in your skool dorm bills if you stay in skool. your skool am sure will accept instalment payments if you dont have much money for now and you can choose if you wanna stay in room of 4 , 3, 2 dependin on your purse. i dont live in lefkosia so i cant give you any figure to expect as apartment fee but i have friends and cousines that have secured off campus apartment in distant area of lefkosia for 2300GBP/yr and they share the payment among themselves. in famagusta you can see apartment with 2000USD/yr so aprtment has to do with the area and how close to the main skool of skool area. with less than 1000euros you should be able to get dorm in your skool and after that you can learn about any other cheaper opportunities as time pass by.

pls wen you are comin just buy things that will last you for some months if possible like rice, garri, ewedu, ogboroko, lafun, orunla, ewa aganyi, epo pupa, agbo jedi etc so as to cut cost from feeding.

secondly things are a bit expensive in TRNC like clothes and many stuffs but more cheaper in turkey so you can travel to istanbul and do your shoppings, dont forget to visit GRAND BAZAAR MARKET
Re: North Cyprus by kheme(m): 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2010
well well well, lol. yea, wip2 is right. its always better for new students to spend at least 1semester in the dorms first. and the food stuffs will really help cos here, there's no garri or red oil. there's rice, beans and semolina and stuffs like that. but things like plantain, yam, no dey for cyprus. things you should bring: garri, dry fish, blended melon, ogbono, blended dry pepper.

these are the things we have here, so you can save little by NOT buying them:
salt, maggi, spices like curry, thime, giner, etc. dont buy rice or beans, salt, sugar or milk. but the milk here is liquid milk, so you should get some powedered milk. dont buy beverages, enough beverages and tea dey here.

as for clothes, the different is not much. its sometimes the same costs as there are usually discounts, like jeans for 2500naira and stuffs. but better still, buy your clothes in nigeria.

other things you might want to buy include:
tooth paste, bathroom slippers, toothbrosh, etc. these are little things that cost way cheaper in nigera.

if i remember anything else, i'd add.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 7:15am On Mar 15, 2010
Thanks 4 evrything so far.u have really helped more than u can imagine.
I was told by some pple dat dey wnt allow me to bring food stuff on the plane.he said while screening they wil take it out.
Re: North Cyprus by kheme(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2010
its not all true. tell them you're a student. first time i came here, dem wan embarass me na, brought out all my food stuffs. i told them i was a student, so dem free me, didnt even bother to check the rest things. same thing when i was coming back a second time, i told them i was a student and i didnt even have to scatter my bags. dey just opened it, touch here and there and that was it.

if dem harass you, na to collect somtin from you, that's all. as for clothes, i dont know where in istanbul they sell. but my advice is to buy good and durable clothes in nigeria. cos me, when i came, i bought all my clothes from nigeria and wore them for 3yrs grin lol. well, i spend my money on things other than clothes wink
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 6:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
Iz2much, dnt worry 2 much cos God
who did d visa will do d rest.

Try and stand by wat dey told you
so that u will know ur way out there

Wip2: Bros, longest time no talk
Still waitin for ur message ooo

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2010
Suxes, wats up? U don "retrieve" ur id?
@all, wish ya al da Best in pursuing a formidable carrier. Pray 4 our tym to come so as to come & share testimonies here. LOL
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 6:47pm On Mar 15, 2010
Tamita

Bros, dem don unban me ooo

Anyways, how far with you now?
Which level na?

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2010
@suxes 2005,

hey ur reply is on the way just kip calm .
Re: North Cyprus by symbian03(m): 11:51pm On Mar 15, 2010
Long time guys, Congrat@ Iz2much a begining of success and good fortunes 4 you, Much thanks to God for making that dream a reality plus Wip2 for support and brotherly advice. All the best mate
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 8:11am On Mar 16, 2010
@symbian,

thanks man. All glory be to Almighty Allah for making it a reality, i believe the cardinal points of setting up this forum is basically for Nigerians to benefit and learn from others and to discuss issues affecting us and find a way out.

But after sometimes those greedy, poor and naughty thiefs began to use this forum as a way of scamming pple of their hard earn Naira, making it very difficult for many real pple that have information to pass to the society on certain issues to operate.

There is a statement i will like to pass here, THAT NO AMOUNT OF MONEY ANY FRUADSTERs or SCAMMERS REAP from VICTIMS shall be beneficial to their LIFEs , they will always face one or many diificulties and problems in their jony. Many have succeeded duping pple but at the end they all die a Miserable death.

Secondly, most Nigerians do give room for them to be duped. Because if you are too greedy and despirate the next thing is that you fall a victim.i rememberd somebody mail me asking if he can travel from turkey to georgia and sneak to mexico and finally sneak into USA, i replied him that i have never sneaked from one country to another and i dont know those routes but he insisted that i must help me cos he need to leave naija to US. i told him why cant you apply to US embassy directly he said no, later he requsted for my number which i gave him then i was in greece, he called me that i should process greece visa for him but i told him i can only give you direction to get it and possibly direct you to the sites or embassy but he insisted i know the way to do it , i must do it for him if really i want to help him, just imagine, this kind of soul can be scammed, that was my tinking, later he called me that he has clients interested in going to greece that how much will i do it for last price, i was wondering i never discussed price with this man, later i got to know that he posed to 3 victims that am his brother in greece and i will process the visa for them after collecting some money from them,, but God be the glory i exposed him and stop giving my number , so over despiration might leads to scam.
Imagin sombody that has never travel out in his life or have any of his family abroad processing visa and giving information about a particular place or may be the person only travel to Ghana begin to shout about AUSTRALIA here, what i do ask pple sometime is have you been there and can you kindly show me evidence thta you actually travelled there and to do what.
google and many web search tools will go a long way slving pple problem and real info from threads will also be useful,
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 10:26am On Mar 16, 2010
@wip2
Thanks, you have done more than enough 4 me. am so grateful, hope i could pay back.
i am prepared now to face it.
asper scammer no worry God pass them. just keep up the good work.
i beg no forget the reservation
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 11:02am On Mar 16, 2010
Alright wip2

Hos things bros?

Iz2much, rise n face d challenge and
do make 9ja proud OK?

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2010
Iyi Bir gün. Nasılsın arkadaşlar?
Re: North Cyprus by ichommy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2010
wip2:

Iyi Bir gün. Nasılsın arkadaşlar?

Bro na you sabi that language oo wink smiley
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 4:01pm On Mar 19, 2010
thanks, bro am in turkey now leaving for cyprus in the next 1hour

hope say the schoolo 4get me
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2010
@iz2much,

that your school wala too much, i called them more than 10 times today to remind them and i was told it has been taken care of that the message will be redirected to the person in charge and they will meet you.

where ever you are now, if you clear yourself from the immigration at ERCAN airport just go out and you shall see somebody from your skool to pick you but if you cant find anybody from CIU , then you have to take a taxi to CIU is not too far and it should cost you less than 50dols.

you will arrive in around 9pm turkish time and incase nobody piks you up, tell the taxi to take you to any hostel cos almost all the offices would have been closed but when you get to the hostel, you shall see hostel rep or whom ever is in charge of the dorm, just tell him/her you are a new student and you shall be accomodated and tmr go gto the international centre incase of anything.

no wala you will definatly find your way. Have a wonderful stay on the island
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2010
Iz2much, av a nice stay and do make 9ja proud

wip2, hows business bro?

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2010
@suxex2005.

thanks man, biz is cool. got some infor 4u will update you as the infor complete. Mu, masu lura da kanka abokina
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2010
wip2:

@suxex2005.

thanks man, biz is cool. got some infor 4u will update you as the infor complete. Mu, masu lura da kanka abokina

Alright bro. Glad to hear that sha

@bolded part: na only u sabi dat one oo

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 6:36pm On Mar 20, 2010
thanks bro, am now in the school free accomodation. i will be on the look for aany accomodation.
thanks fo the whole thing, i dont knnow hw to thank you enuff, God bless you. thanks for everythingg
i will start my registration on monday and after that prepare for my proficiency examination, and then lookk well for the next thingGGGs. thanks bro

All nairaland member help me thank wip2
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 6:52pm On Mar 20, 2010
@iz2much,

Aliamdulilah. All thanks and glory be to almighty Allah. Welcome to island once again! bro anoda advice for you, your mission to the island is education if am correct and i will urge you to give it high percentge in what ever you do. Earning very good GPA will automatically result to scholarship which will help your financial status.

See there re alot of people on that island that has been there for years and they cant leave the island due to poor grades and due to their frustration they begin to discourage others and planing diffrent evils such are the types of people that are always bin deported or always involve in one crime or the other.

a world is enuf for iz2much.

GOOD LUK!
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2010
thanks,i will always have that on my mind not even @ the backplease i will contact u if i need aany other thing
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2010
Wip2,

thanks for helping ur brother oooo

May ALLAH continue to bless you
and uphold you

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip2: 3:36pm On Mar 21, 2010
@ suxes

thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2010
Make una come back this thread ooo

Wey all of una?

wip2
yemiking
tamita
iz2much
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:54pm On Mar 28, 2010
@suxes 2005,

yemiking is busy eating gulen kebab and sharwama for istanbul oooooo

@all,

Girne american university GAU, is offering real time programs in summer anybody interested should take advantage of the short duration of the summer entrance instead of waiting for fall entry in sept. www.gau.edu.tr

for those pple wating to study in turkey, Msc is 650dols/sem and UG around 800Dols/sem and the next entry is sept. the entrance qualifications are SAT for UG and GRE/GMAT for MASTERS. Also if you are interested to apply for PHD straight with ur Bsc is possible in Turkish universities. HAppy Easter in advance oooo
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2010
Thanks wip4

How is ur side now?

Anyways, say me well to Yemi King ooo

HAPPY EASTER IN ADVANCE
HAPPY PALM SUNDAY!

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2010
wip4:

@suxes 2005,

yemiking is busy eating gulen kebab and sharwama for istanbul oooooo

@all,

Girne american university GAU, is offering real time programs in summer anybody interested should take advantage of the short duration of the summer entrance instead of waiting for fall entry in sept. www.gau.edu.tr

for those pple wating to study in turkey, Msc is 650dols/sem and UG around 800Dols/sem and the next entry is sept. the entrance qualifications are SAT for UG and GRE/GMAT for MASTERS. Also if you are interested to apply for PHD straight with your Bsc is possible in Turkish universities. HAppy Easter in advance oooo

@ wip 4
you mean 800$ 4 undergraduate in turkey?
if itz so please lets meet men, itz sweet
in my school i pay 1984 per semester. e no laugh oo
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2010
@suxes2005,

hmmmmmmmmm suxes suxes, i was realy shocked wen i saw ur blogs on ur fcbook and ur bizness , hmmm MILLONIARE in HIDING, come make me turn millioniare too oooo.
how was the easter guessd you really enjoyed it.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 11:10am On Apr 05, 2010
@wip4,

Like we have been learning from you our bros.
We must project a good future for ourself and
we shall surely get there.

Funny enough, at home, work, almost everwhere,
they call me BILL GATES IV.

I believe one day, I will surely became the multi-billionaire i do
call myself and other pple do call me.

So how is business over there? Hope u still av me
in mind sha? About dos stuffs we talk about?

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (356)

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.