Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. (22736 Views)

Pictures You Can Relate To If Your Mum Is A Typical African Mum / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by LegendaryArnold(m): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2016
Even with the height difference, she still tries slapping me grin

12 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by nbright: 9:32am On Dec 12, 2016
fippycbk:
When she asks you to come and zip her cloth... grin

any child whose mom didn't ask him to zip her cloth is an adopted child

12 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by CltrAltDelicious(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2016
grin
nbright:
Egyptian mummies are known world wide

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by azeecoboy(m): 9:32am On Dec 12, 2016
b

9 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Promiscojohnney(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2016
it a copy and paste story it has made front-page. before Joseph cosmus

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Dvibs: 9:42am On Dec 12, 2016
opysdoll:
No 10 sooooooo true my mum will finish beatin u nd ask u 2 hold ur lips,abeg hw I wan take com cry if I hold my lips,den she will b lyk "I say quiet"! If I hear peem u go hear ween hahahahahaahahahaaaaa abeg my mum rocks jare................funy enof I find myslf doin most of diz tins 2 my dota!
Hahahahahaha. So funny of you.
Na dat one dey tire, how person go flog u like craze come say make u hold ur mouth not to cry.
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Dvibs: 9:45am On Dec 12, 2016
lordfizco:
YORUBA MOTHERS!!! Yorùbá mothers are the best when it comes to child upbringing. Yorùbá mothers produce the best range of slaps: IGBATI, IFOTI, IGBAJU, IGBARUN, IFORUN, IFAKUN, ILADI, ABARA. These slaps will make you think you were adopted. IGBATI will make you correct your wrongs instantly! The beauty of IFOTI is that you will confess your sins on the spot. IGBARUN, IGBAJU and IFORUN will make you expose those who committed the crime with you without hesitation. ABARA and ILADI will make you pee in your new pants. Now ABARA is the worst. Apart from all these, we have an advanced one which is called IGBAJU OLOYI. When you receive that one, you'll lose balance and your head will go into "auto-search" as you'll be looking for what hit you. This will make you do all the actions of the other slaps aforementioned at once! OH! IGBAJU OLOYI! It can reset someone to 3D (DEAF, DUMB, and DAFT). She will say let's go home and you will say it's in my pocket ma. God bless our parents for the good upbringing. If you were brought up in Yoruba land, regardless of how caring your mother was, you'd have encountered one of these slaps.
Hahahahaha . I wan die. Person should hold me. Chai!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by koredeking: 9:57am On Dec 12, 2016
Bisjosh:
I miss my mum cry

To all those that their mums are still alive, cherish the moment.
They won't be around forever smiley
So true, let us show love to our mums.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2016
Finally One thing we can all agree on in this country...

6 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by obataokenwa(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2016
yelloo1:
Na she dey flog u and na she go still dey shout say dis pikin won kill me ooo egbaaa mi ooo. Na den u go no say na only God fit save u from her
thanks for this one. I don laugh so tey tears begin come out of my eyes. Abeg suffery dey make one laff

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by crusufixo(m): 10:25am On Dec 12, 2016
God bless our mothers....... never take them for granted.........
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by joespiceman(m): 10:26am On Dec 12, 2016
Promiscojohnney:
it a copy and paste story it has made front-page. before Joseph cosmus

E pain u well well.

**Hater** keep off. Work harder next time...
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

This one I no dey gree o then o ....I go just turn, but I know say slippers go land for my back, so I dey Dodge in advance with the turning .

Lol. grin
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 12, 2016
slex:

I swear up till now I don't get this one.
It's so annoying ehn!
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by babesmiley(f): 10:28am On Dec 12, 2016
opysdoll:
No 10 sooooooo true my mum will finish beatin u nd ask u 2 hold ur lips,abeg hw I wan take com cry if I hold my lips,den she will b lyk "I say quiet"! If I hear peem u go hear ween hahahahahaahahahaaaaa abeg my mum rocks jare................funy enof I find myslf doin most of diz tins 2 my dota!
And she tells u that is it because i didnt beat u well dts y u r crying like dt. Wen already d Beating resemble wetin den wan use kill person .

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:34am On Dec 12, 2016
timmycris:
grin grin

tonight is mavro day, who else is getting ready to GH
na PH i wan go PH so cry
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by marv1: 10:34am On Dec 12, 2016
Really? Hmmm Nigerian mums are great.
ogeoflyf:
My mum will leave kitchen, pass the fridge, still pass dispenser and call me from wherever to please get her water embarassed embarassed
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by asainco(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2016
Number 10 killed me..
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by crusufixo(m): 10:37am On Dec 12, 2016
lordfizco:
YORUBA MOTHERS!!!
Yorùbá mothers are the best when it comes to child
upbringing.
Yorùbá mothers produce the best range of slaps:
IGBATI,
IFOTI,
IGBAJU,
IGBARUN,
IFORUN,
IFAKUN,
ILADI,
ABARA.
These slaps will make you think you were adopted.
IGBATI will make you correct your wrongs instantly!
The beauty of IFOTI is that you will confess your sins
on the spot.
IGBARUN, IGBAJU and IFORUN will make you expose
those who committed the crime with you without
hesitation.
ABARA and ILADI will make you pee in your new
pants.
Now ABARA is the worst.
Apart from all these, we have an advanced one which
is called IGBAJU OLOYI.
When you receive that one, you'll lose balance and
your head will go into "auto-search" as you'll be
looking for what hit you.
This will make you do all the actions of the other
slaps aforementioned at once!
OH! IGBAJU OLOYI! It can reset someone to 3D
(DEAF, DUMB, and DAFT). She will say let's go home
and you will say it's in my pocket ma.
God bless our parents for the good upbringing.
If you were brought up in Yoruba land, regardless of
how caring your mother was, you'd have
encountered one of these slaps.

Holy me....... i have laughed my a** out. haaa...... ... i laughed so hard that tears rolled down freely.......

Kai...... mehn....... this ya post is something else. Funny enough, you are not far from the truth

I have seen some yoruba mothers in my neighborhood beating their kids to the extent that one would think this kids were adopted or househelps

But then, if another person attacks these same children unjustly, she would pounce on them and possibly tear them down like angry lioness

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by policy12: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2016
Bisjosh:
I miss my mum cry

To all those that their mums are still alive, cherish the moment.
They won't be around forever smiley

Hard luck dear and R. I. P to ur priceless jewel. Abeg make I call my mom.

When you do something wrong then you will hear her say ti ba fun e ni Ifoti!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Coraje(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2016
I love my mum
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by TheSociopath(m): 10:57am On Dec 12, 2016
ogeoflyf:
My mum will leave kitchen, pass the fridge, still pass dispenser and call me from wherever to please get her water embarassed embarassed

My God! This is just so annoying. Mum still does this till today
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by AreaFada2: 11:11am On Dec 12, 2016
Kherry:
God bless my mama for me....orisa bi Iya osi

Iya ni wura.......
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by lordfizco(m): 11:16am On Dec 12, 2016
crusufixo:

Holy me....... i have laughed my a** out. haaa...... ... i laughed so hard that tears rolled down freely.......

Kai...... mehn....... this ya post is something else. Funny enough, you are not far from the truth

I have seen some yoruba mothers in my neighborhood beating their kids to the extent that one would think this kids were adopted or househelps

But then, if another person attacks these same children unjustly, she would pounce on them and possibly tear them down like angry lioness
na so my bro ooo cheesy grin
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 12, 2016
My Mum was like oh Chioma Jesus is she igbo?

laughed hard love her tho

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by 9ise(m): 11:21am On Dec 12, 2016
When she sent u on errand and u dare deliver d msg half way home on d top of ur voice, like:

you: moin mi, won ni oni #80 lo wa (my mum, she said she only has dt of #80)

den, she would not even reply til u enter. at dt point, ur excited mood would b quenched wif enuf ready made Ifoti n Abara.. she would b like:
mum: o shey lo gbe megaphone? (y dont u go announce it to d world?)

Love my mum gan

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by lordfizco(m): 11:29am On Dec 12, 2016
9ise:
When she sent u on errand and u dare deliver d msg half way home on d top of ur voice, like:

you: moin mi, won ni oni #80 lo wa (my mum, she said she only has dt of #80)

den, she would not even reply til u enter. at dt point, ur excited mood would b quenched wif enuf ready made Ifoti n Abara.. she would b like:
mum: o shey lo gbe megaphone? (y dont u go announce it to d world?)

Love my mum gan
hahahahaha same with my mum to grin cheesy grin grin May God bless our mother's for us grin

In other news after ur mother give u IGBAJU OLOYI grin u will be like cheesy ....

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Kherry: 11:33am On Dec 12, 2016
AreaFada2:

Iya ni wura.......

yea......u are right

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Tinyemeka(m): 11:38am On Dec 12, 2016
timmycris:
grin grin

tonight is mavro day, who else is getting ready to GH

Ayam not understanding.
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by daroz(m): 12:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
Frankly, I think my mum is the best mum in the world, due to all the 'konks cry" she use to reset my brain that na turned me into the responsible man I am today. cheesy
Mama I luv u kiss

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by Girlyy: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
I love my mummy!
Re: How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. by timmycris(m): 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
na PH i wan go PH so cry
do quick o long live mmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your 1st Meeting With Your In-laws / This Person Is Missing / How Do I Stop Behaving Like My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.