Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,545 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection (5369 Views)

Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / Lady Calls Out Igando General Hospital Doctor That Refused Treating Her Nephew / I'm Losing my eye Vision .. Eye Medical Professionals Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 8:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lagusta:

Now this is serious.....

I just read through the article and all comments, and I found that they have done the third dialysis now..... (Dialysis is not a test tho)

Your nephew has end-stage renal disease.... The yellow eyes could be from liver disease (likely malignancy that have also metastasized to the kidneys) or a complication of massive blood transfusion....

Renal transplant is the gold standard.....

The Nigerian government has not been fair on us when it comes to health care. We always take a meagre percentage of the budget every year (the government prefer to pay some ex militants than to build and equip better hospitals)

God go help us

Amen.
is there hope for him plz?
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
opeano:

Seun, pls assist in everyway you can. This boy reads a lot of books claiming he wants to b a lawyer,

cry

i pray for him to get well and for his dream to come true.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
-
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Lagusta(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2016
opeano:

Amen.
is there hope for him plz?

hmmm, I can't say because I'm not God (some don't believe in him tho)
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lagusta:

hmmm, I can't say because I'm not God (some don't believe in him tho)

His bday is just abt 7days from now. Dec 22nd. I just wish hope can b restored to his ever smiling face again before that date
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by FastShipping: 4:21am On Dec 15, 2016
opeano:

His bday is just abt 7days from now. Dec 22nd. I just wish hope can b restored to his ever smiling face again before that date

Is there a way to urgently get this boy to India? What help do you need to achieve this? I believe a lot of people are here to help if you call on them.

Seun, please move this thing to front page. I am pleading with you.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by FastShipping: 4:24am On Dec 15, 2016
opeano:

I simply do not understand so much of medical terms. This boy isnt getting better in anyway and source of funds for his treatment is leaving the family with debts by the day.
Dear Nairalanders, we need ur support in everyway.
Seun, pls assist in everyway you can. This boy reads a lot of books claiming he wants to b a lawyer, the first we will ever have in our family, if this sickness doesn't snatch him from us, the father is a retired state worker and the mum is a teacher with OYO state govt. am sure you all know how dire the help we need is.
thanks all for your concern and support

This is touching to read. lalasticlala, Seun, dominique and others, please move this to front page. This family seems need all the help they can get.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 7:54am On Dec 15, 2016
FastShipping:

Is there a way to urgently get this boy to India? What help do you need to achieve this? I believe a lot of people are here to help if you call on them.

Seun, please move this thing to front page. I am pleading with you.

We need every help possible, even if he has to b treated in Nigeria, the funds to do so is practically not there.

We plead for every help possible from you all.
I see someone say he myt b placed on drug for d rest of his life if he eventually survive, which I hope He will if help comes fast. even if dis has to b d case, all we want is for him to b alive to fulfil his dreams
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by FastShipping: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2016
opeano:

We need every help possible, even if he has to b treated in Nigeria, the funds to do so is practically not there.

We plead for every help possible from you all.
I see someone say he myt b placed on drug for d rest of his life if he eventually survive, which I hope He will if help comes fast. even if dis has to b d case, all we want is for him to b alive to fulfil his dreams

Have you set up an account for him so people are willing to help can do so? There is a lady on this forum called Aminat that does verification to ascertain the true pictures of things. Get her involved and let's get the ball rolling.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 10:49pm On Dec 15, 2016
FastShipping:

Have you set up an account for him so people are willing to help can do so? There is a lady on this forum called Aminat that does verification to ascertain the true pictures of things. Get her involved and let's get the ball rolling.

He can b helped through the account of the hospital or his Dad"s. whatever verification needs be done, I can giv details of the section he is in. I willl share pictures of him tomorrow so we can c how bad he still looks
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by FastShipping: 5:22am On Dec 16, 2016
Aminat508, what can be done about this? Is there a way you can verify this and organize help for this family?
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2016
To all concerned . pls pity my nephew's plight.
we have spent so much to still lose our Dear Henry.
your financial and moral support at this stage will not only bring life back to him, but also bring hope back to our faces.

Seun, pls help communicate this to a larger house
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2016
His present condition.

still unable to Urinate and has gone through 4th Dialysis .

There seem to b a lot of negligent hands here, mayb due to the fact that they have not been paid since October by the government.

we need urgent help

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2016
FastShipping:

can I supply either his Dad's or mum's account for needed support.
we need this help as urgently as it can come. The family has spent so much and into much debt than to lose him at this stage
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
how bad he looks. Nigerians, pls come to our rescue

2 Shares

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Seun(m): 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
Are they giving him antibiotics to combat the infection?
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 12:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Seun:
Are they giving him antibiotics to combat the infection?
I think so, laxis and rosephin are part of drugs he takes
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
We have just been asked to get two more pint of blood for him, so far, he has taken about 8pints and his blood level is still at 19. Doctors said they might need to send him to haematology department saying they dont know why blood is breaking down in his body. worse scenario is that he is O negative blood type and only his dad has it in the family. getting funds to Buy blood is another problem. attached is the latest blood prescription and the latest test we had

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2016
2more blood prescribed

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by CatfishBilly: 6:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Have they even told you guys the diagnosis yet? Ask for the diagnosis. What are they treating him for.
From the look of things, seems like he has End Stage Renal Disease, which will explain the numerous transfusions as the Kidneys are making insufficient Erythropoietin. The dialysis could also explain the transfusions too. If it is ESRD, then only a kidney transplant will save him. I'm just speculating though. Find out what he is being managed for. The exact diagnosis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by nelszx: 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
CatfishBilly:
Have they even told you guys the diagnosis yet? Ask for the diagnosis. What are they treating him for.
From the look of things, seems like he has End Stage Renal Disease, which will explain the numerous transfusions as the Kidneys are making insufficient Erythropoietin. The dialysis could also explain the transfusions too. If it is ESRD, then only a kidney transplant will save him. I'm just speculating though. Find out what he is being managed for. The exact diagnosis.

The diagnosis is clearly written on the form AKI (Acute Kidney Infection). Like you said the kidneys are unable to produce erythropoietin cos the ones transfused are immediately utilised by the body hence the Anaemia.

Mr OP pls tag all the moderators so something urgent needs to be done as soon as possible.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by nelszx: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
opeano:
We have just been asked to get two more pint of blood for him, so far, he has taken about 8pints and his blood level is still at 19. Doctors said they might need to send him to haematology department saying they dont know why blood is breaking down in his body. worse scenario is that he is O negative blood type and only his dad has it in the family. getting funds to Buy blood is another problem. attached is the latest blood prescription and the latest test we had

There's no need to buy blood it's a criminal act. What you do is go to the blood bank and ask them to loan you the pints of blood needed just that it must be replaced. O negative is a very scarce blood type so only the blood bank or NBTS can help out.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by CatfishBilly: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
nelszx:

The diagnosis is clearly written on the form AKI (Acute Kidney Infection). Like you said the kidneys are unable to produce erythropoietin cos the ones transfused are immediately utilised by the body hence the Anaemia.

Mr OP pls tag all the moderators so something urgent needs to be done as soon as possible.
Acute Kidney Injury, not infection. Also known as Acute renal failure. AKI secondary to what? AKI isn't enough as a diagnosis.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
opeano:
how bad he looks. Nigerians, pls come to our rescue

ahhh. he has swollen up even further.

he still cannot urinate? the doctors can't help with that?

he looks really sick and sad. if you could see my tears now. :'[
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 7:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
nelszx:

There's no need to buy blood it's a criminal act. What you do is go to the blood bank and ask them to loan you the pints of blood needed just that it must be replaced. O negative is a very scarce blood type so only the blood bank or NBTS can help out.

the blood bank said O negative isn't available and the option is to go get it from outside.
we have been able to replace blood we got from the blood bank. twice have they been able to gey us O negative.
he has been stopped from taking anything protein .
we cant even afford 25k to get two pint by tomorrow morning
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 7:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
iliketheSunrise:

ahhh. he has swollen up even further.
he still cannot urinate? the doctors can't help with that?
he looks really sick and sad. if you could see my tears now. :'[
He is able to urinate now, but through pulse tubing. he was able to pass little excrete this evening

1 Like

Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
CatfishBilly:

Acute Kidney Injury, not infection. Also known as Acute renal failure. AKI secondary to what? AKI isn't enough as a diagnosis.

they said he myt b transferred to Haematology section as they can't fathom the acute shortage of blood in spite of the transfusion done so far
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 17, 2016
opeano:

He is able to urinate now, but through pulse tubing.
he was able to pass little excrete this evening

cry

-pulse tubing? a catheter, you mean?

-good...

-i hope the doctors are able to lessen the edema.
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 6:59am On Dec 17, 2016
iliketheSunrise:

cry

-pulse tubing? a catheter, you mean?

-good...

-i hope the doctors are able to lessen the edema.

pulse tubing was what dey called it, a pipe and a sack to which his urine drops unto.

We need help.wat ways can we get it pleaseee
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2016
Good Morning everyone. pls let this not b a lost battle. 5days to his 17yrs birthday and it doesnt look like there is hope. pls help restore hope back to his and our faces
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by opeano(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nigerians, please come to our rescue. blood loss is another problem we are facing. his blood is down to 17 again less than 24hrs from when it was 19 Getting fund to secure 2pints of blood is very hard. Seun Fastshipping Aminat etc. please help this family
Re: HELP! Losing My Nephew To Kidney Infection by fastestshipper: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2016
opeano:
Nigerians, please come to our rescue.
blood loss is another problem we are facing.
his blood is down to 17 again less than 24hrs from when it was 19
Getting fund to secure 2pints of blood is very hard.
Seun
Fastshipping
Aminat
etc.
please help this family

You have to open an account number on this boy's behalf. Have you made contact with Aminat508?

Send her PM and we move from there. I am ready to give you my own contribution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Secret Health Benefit Behind BREAST SUCKING That Will Shock You. / E-B-O-L-A!!! OMG!! See This Woman Breastfeeding A Monkey / Commissioner, Lawmaker Contract COVID-19 In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.