Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (36917 Views)

Beyonce's Brown Skin Girl Song Proves That Pastor Chris Was Right On 'Black' / The New STD That Pastor Adeboye Promised Us For 2016 / Before You Criticise That Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by shumuel(m): 7:10pm On Dec 12, 2016
hmmm sad
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by jaykaylegend(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
Icansing:
Comedy in the house of God is a sin jor let's be frank
it isn't a sin as long as the comedian isn't saying anything vulgar
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by lumzybo: 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
!
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Praktikals(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
LabiaDestroyerr:
am always available 24/7 either via calls or whatsapp
Are you a bot?
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by SexyNairalander: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mynd44:
It seems this is the comedy act that Pastor Mike Bamiloye was referring to on this thread: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In Church Is A Bad Idea

Checkout the Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8piiboDm18
LA click LA destroy

mynd44 you get mind do this thing, if na me post this kind thing now I go chop ban

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Mike Bamiloye was actually mainly referring to MC Abbey.... the one that asked people to open to Genesis and cracked a joke on Messes.

Akpororo's jokes were very funny sha. grin
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by LabiaDestroyerr(m): 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Praktikals:
Are you a bot?
Lol....no
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
okay, this was inappropriate. this was the wrong place for that. they're supposed that be worshipping God, not being entertained by an unfunny a comedian. I watched a minute into it and didn't even laugh. leave stand-up comedy outside the church, please.

3 Likes

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Dandeedadrunk(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Doctorfitz:

Lol.. I swear.. D op vex me pass the mb

Recession comment
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
una sha know that if na some nice people, them for don cut person head by now. Certain matters are sensitive.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by AntiWailer: 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2016
It is the other eediot that was quoting Mess from the bible

Akpororo only goofed with IDI Araba as a tongue.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by bezimo(m): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
My opinion is that if the Comedian is a born again child of God, and submits to his pastor as his spiritual father or even another pastor, nothing is really wrong in giving the stage to entertain the people with jokes. But the question now comes to if the jokes are edifying or not or when the comedian is not born again and tells typical worldly jokes which becomes a question of why bringing such into the house of God.

Highly anoited men of God also tell stories that look like jokes the lightening up the congregation.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 7:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
What does not glorify God, is a sin.

jaykaylegend:
it isn't a sin as long as the comedian isn't saying anything vulgar

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by greatwhite(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
I saw it on tv. It wasn't cool at all. Heaven is a serious issue. Jokes on the altar should not be encouraged. You don't need a bible verse to know what is right.

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Daveey: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
Watched all of it and yeah I laughed.
In my opinion thers nufin inappropriate about a joke in this kinda event.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
I am all for jokes, it lightens the mood. But tell me this, you are a doctor in a hospital filled with patients on the verge of dying and they need to administer the medicine that will save their lives, what will be of utmost concern to you? laughing or saving life's?
There is a time, for everything.

bezimo:
My opinion is that if the Comedian is a born again child of God, and submits to his pastor as his spiritual father or even another pastor, nothing is really wrong in giving the stage to entertain the people with jokes. But the question now comes to if the jokes are edifying or not or when the comedian is not born again and tells typical worldly jokes which becomes a question of why bringing such into the house of God.

Highly anoited men of God also tell stories that look like jokes the lightening up the congregation.

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
Yeah. God is merciful and God is just.
He is merciful in the sense that, while we are still alive, He allows us many opportunities to repent, so that Jesus pays for our sins instead of us.
He is just in the sense that, as you take your last breath here, and you haven't repented, you will pay for your sins by yourself.

aylagos:
Nigerian pastor are not saints and should stop thinking they are perfect, our God Almighty is a merciful God , our God is not wicked cos God is not a man.

He knows the minds of every persons on earth. Comedy is comedy and it will remain so before God. No one will judge th world but Godam
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by aylagos(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
Yeah. God is merciful and God is just.
He is merciful in the sense that, while we are still alive, He allows us many opportunities to repent, so that Jesus pays for our sins instead of us.
He is just in the sense that, as you take your last breath here, and you haven't repented, you will pay for your sins by yourself.

so what are trying to say ?
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by bezimo(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
I am all for jokes, it lightens the mood. But tell me this, you are a doctor in a hospital filled with patients on the verge of dying and they need to administer the medicine that will save their lives, what will be of utmost concern to you? laughing or saving life's?
There is a time, for everything.

Let me tell you, having a consistent dose of laughter has been medically and scientifically shown to impact people health .So even in that situation laughter is still good. In church laughter is good, At work, in the bus everywhere.
There are some folks that carry long face all the time as if they are carrying the worlds problem.

My Father in the Lord, Dr David Oyedepo said "if you listen to any of his message CD or tape and people didn't laugh, then destroy the tape/CD because according to him, God didn't speak that day" Quote me anywhere, he said so.

Comedy in the church is good for the people of God. Have you heard of " Sam and Song" comedians. They are christian super funny comedians.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
"There is a time for everything..."

That was my closing statement. Did you see it?

bezimo:

Let me tell you, having a consistent dose of laughter has been medically and scientifically shown to impact people health .So even in that situation laughter is still good. In church laughter is good, At work, in the bus everywhere.
There are some folks that carry long face all the time as if they are carrying the worlds problem.

My Father in the Lord, Dr David Oyedepo said "if you listen to any of his message CD or tape and people didn't laugh, then destroy the tape/CD because according to him, God didn't speak that day" Quote me anywhere, he said so.

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Lilimax(f): 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
Akpororo na my best comedian embarassed embarassed
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by bigtt76(f): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2016
I don't always like Akpororo's jokes but the one on Zebra crossing was just too much. Loved seeing Gen. Gowon laugh out loud. Nice one. I prefer Bovi though grin
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 7:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
I believe this was meant to be a worship event, why the comedians? why the jokes?

I am all for godly comedy, that lightens up the mood, and there should be a platform for that purpose if need be; doctors laugh during their free time but when in the surgery room, they are dead serious.

Godly jokes, that make God's people laugh, am all for it.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by ekems2017(f): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
I tire o ! N.a. only chorister i no say get place fir heaven. This comedians na hell ther place dey. Hod said don't use the name of the Lord your God in vain.
samflexxy:
I wonder if they are comedians in heaven
l only know of choristers
well pls if there is enlighten me more undecided
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by seyoops4u: 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
aylagos:
Nigerian pastor are not saints and should stop thinking they are perfect, our God Almighty is a merciful God , our God is not wicked cos God is not a man.

He knows the minds of every persons on earth. Comedy is comedy and it will remain so before God. No one will judge th world but God Almighty.

comedy is comedy, u're right.

But, It'll no longer be comedy if u're joking with somethings in the bible, those things stated by Pst. Mike
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by vhatpweetygurl(f): 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
From what I read it's M.C Abbey part that got him talking Cux he used a portion of the bible,Akpororo nd still ringing didn't say anything. That could have called his attention. My two naira on dxx issue :Nothing is wrong with laughter in the house of God.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by HonabFaj(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
After watching akpororo, the next video is still ringing and those guy nail it
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by ndcide(m): 8:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=Mynd44 post=51867948]It seems this is the comedy act that Pastor Mike Bamiloye was referring to on this thread: Mike Bamiloye Thinks Comedy In Church Is A Bad Idea

I think Pastor Bamiloye was referring to that of MC- Abe... Check it again. MC- Abe was reading from the bible.
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by KaptainAfrika: 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2016
Whatever does not glorify God, is a sin.

seyoops4u:

comedy is comedy, u're right.

But, It'll no longer be comedy if u're joking with somethings in the bible, those things stated by Pst. Mike

1 Like

Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by kevoh(m): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
Another reason why I will be rejecting my visa to christian heaven tongue , just simple jokes to lighten up the mood una go dey grumble and complain. Wetin pesin go come dey do for heaven na? Singing praises all day? undecided
Re: MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) by Ellixlimswag(m): 8:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
Zenanted:
I don't think there's anything wrong with the comedy, the show was interesting... At least i was there.
this is what the man is talking about you now see it as a show....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Nine Church Adverts That Will Amaze You / Bible Was Untouched By Flames After Road Accident In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.