Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (9458 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
N200 worth of airtime up to grab.

Kindly answer this:

WHO WILL AISHAT GET MARRIED TO AT LAST?

A. SAM
B. BEN
C. A YET UNKNOWN GUY
D. IBRAHIM
E. SHE WONT GET MARRIED.

First person to get it right wins the airtime.

All answers are valid before the next update.

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by kunlex445(m): 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hawlahscho:
N200 worth of airtime up to grab.

Kindly answer this:
WHO WILL AISHAT GET MARRIED TO AT LAST?
A. SAM B. BEN C. A YET UNKNOWN GUY D. IBRAHIM E. SHE WONT GET MARRIED.

First person to get it right wins the airtime.
All answers are valid before the next update.
C
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 10:51pm On Dec 19, 2016
kunlex445:

C

Noted.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Continues

EIGHT

Aishat was lying on the rug in the sitting-room in her 'self-contain' apartment, her father got the apartment for her immediately after her youth service. The smile on her face could prove that the person she was chatting with must be an angel, she suddenly dropped her phone, covered her mouth with a palm and rushed into the bathroom, after spending about five minutes in the bathroom she came out putting on a depressed face.
"All these strange pregnancy symptoms am seeing, I hope it's not real." She pondered
"How possible is that self? Pregnancy should not be what I should be thinking of but what else when all the symptoms are traceable to pregnancy?"
"I think I should not be arguing interpersonally, it's high time I consulted a doctor for test" Aishat affirmed with a nod, two weeks later;

Aishat was sitting facing a man in white shirt and purple trousers, his pair of eyeglasses was almost escaping his nose as he was seeing through above the lenses, I wonder what the glasses is for when one will ignore the lenses, looking at the surroundings of the office, the hanging on the man's neck and how the environment was smelling, one would think she was sitting before a medical doctor - wel, that's the right thinking and as well the truth, the man is a medical doctor, she was there for the result of the test she had come for the previous day.
"You are welcome young lady" the doctor for the first time audibly recognized the presence of Aishat after being quiet staring at the notebook-computer before him since she came in.
"I'm very sorry for keeping you unattended to since you entered, I am just trying to download some files now that it seems the network is better" he apologized as he was still staring at the system before him,
"You're Miss Sulaiman Aishat right?" He asked with assurance that he knows.
"Yes, you're right." Aishat responded.
"Your result for the test is out and it's right here with me" he said as his attention was caught by his phone's ringing tone, he held the phone without answering the call yet and continued talking to Aishat who was already in anxious state of expectancy to see her test result.
"All I have to tell you now is..." he paused what he was saying; "Excuse me please" he uttered and answered his call. He used almost two years on the phone call - it was actually two minutes but it seemed like two years to Aishat who was eager to see/hear her test result.
"So, as I was saying, all I have to tell you now is congratulations, you are three weeks pregnant" he broke his so called good news to her putting on a big-grin but to Aishat, it was a worrisome heartbreaking bad news, he handed the test result to her but the expression on Aishat's face with her reaction was totally opposite the doctor's, she collected the result and examined it carefully though she encountered handwriting disasters which her brain was able to decrypt the doctor's diagram-like handwriting, she realized it was not a dream she has been thinking/hoping it to be.

Aishat stood up without uttering a word, she folded the test-result and left the office, the doctor was trying to get the reason behind her odd reaction, he looked at her shook his head like "well, she'll know what's wrong with her anyway" and continued with his work.
Aishat got home with restless mind, she lost appetite as series of rhetorical questions were partying in her mind;
"I need to find out how possible" she assured herself.

Will complete this update once I charge. Sorry for short update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2016
A knock was heard on the office door;
"Yes, come in" the the doctor responded, Aishat walked in looking so sad,
"Oh! Miss Sulaiman Aishat, you're here again, you can sit" he ushered her a seat, Aishat was looking straight into the doctor's eyeballs while still standing...
"Doctor please, am I truly pregnant" she asked childishly/foolishly, the doctor audibly and politely laughed for a while,
"I'm sorry, I could not control it" he apologized, he then studied her for a while in reference to the novice question she just asked;
"My daughter, please have a seat" he reminded her to sit and he continued;
"It's punishable if an organization like this is giving out false results, it's even dangerous.
"I dont have any reason to lie, you can do the test in other trusted hospitals" the doctor advised, still putting on smiling face expecting what her next statement/question would be.
"But doctor, how can I be pregnant?" She queried innocently again, with tears this time around, the doctor was emotionally caught by the tears but wondered how a grown up lady like that would ask such, hasn't she had s*x before, he developed interest in her matter, he adjusted his seat and started digging deep into the whole issue.

"What exactly is the problem? Why such question from a grown up lady like you?" he asked expectantly.
"Sir, you're the first person that'll be hearing this from me. I clocked 26 on the 17th of the month before the last month" the doctor nodded "OK"
"That was the first time I had s*x in my life and the day I was defiled, my birthday" she said in lower voice, shyness all over her even though the doctor had no funny expression towards that;
"I'm all ears" he responded with straight face.
"After I got defiled, I had s*x again four weeks ago with the same person" Aishat explained.
"But why were you shocked and unhappy when your result confirmed you pregnant?" He asked surprisingly.
"Thank you sir. For the two times it happened, we were protected. We used condom, how this unexpected pregnancy came up is what I dont know." She said ignorantly, almost crying.
"Oh! This is one of the major reasons it's very very advisable for someone to be a professional at sex education and a veteran theoretically before engaging in the ACT." Aishat sighed as he continued;
"Using a condom does not 100% guarantee you a pregnant-free sexual intercourse, know that and save it in your mind now. It is only 95% save which the manufacturers of the condoms will say it's 98%. The so called protection (condom) can fail when; not used properly, broken during the PROCESS, manufactured improperly, and when damaged or expired."
"Approximately 2 to 5 (%) of condoms tear during use, the majority of those failures are caused by human error which can include not using enough lube which creates microscopic tears.
Incorrect usage includes; improperly unrolling a condom backwards, not leaving a half-inch of empty space at the tip of the condom and not holding the rim of the condom down along the base of the p*nis when removing the p*nis after ejaculation. The frequently made...,.....,.,,,"
"Sir, all these should not have occurred because we doubled the condoms each time we MET" she interrupted the doctor.
"Exactly! That's what I was about to say before you cut in, the frequently made mistake and the most obvious of all is when you double the condom, it will cause what is known as friction between the two rubber materials which can lead to wear and tear of the condoms, that is directly or indirectly to pregnancy, so I think you guys made the mistake, you didn't check the rules before playing the game" he concluded his lecturing.
Aishat sighed, looking into the doctor's eyeballs; "what shall we do?" She asked pitifully.
"I cant specifically tell you anything now, besides I really have some things to attend to now, I have used the whole day, lecturing condom" he joked
"Come back tomorrow" he told her and picked up his eyeglasses, opened his notebook computer and continued as usual.
Aishat got up and promised to return the next day.

T.B.C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:59am On Dec 23, 2016
Continues

NINE

Five days after, Aishat was in her bedroom sitting on her fat bed which looks like a bundle of two million slices of bread. She was not happy with the unexpected dilemma she found herself, she switched-on her TV to while away time but every programme they were showing appeared boring to her, she switched it off again, she could not locate where her phone was, she shifted backward towards the wall to rest her back on the wall, her mind went back to the pregnancy test she had;

"Hmmmmmm now the pregnancy is going to a month and nobody except the doctor knows" She said to herself a little bit audible.
"I finished my BSc, searching for job but I found pregnancy instead,
"Wont my dad kill me if he finds out that I'm pregnant?" She asked rhetorically as she was biting her index finger.
Her eyes were getting wet already, she noticed that something was vibrating under the second pillow, she knew it was her phone, she quickly picked up;
Aishat: Hello Hajia.
Hajia: How are you today.
Aishat: I'm fine ma, what about you?
Hajia: I and others are doing so well. There is this reason I called you for.
Aishat: What's that ma?
Hajia: Firstly, I want to know why you have not come to visit us all this while, secondly I had a dream that you were trying to kill someone, you were warned but you turned deaf ears, you at last killed the person and ended up being killed as well by hanging. My daughter, I was so scared that I immediately recited "Ayatul Kursi" from "Al-Baqara" when I woke up to cancel bad dream.
Aishat: (sighs)
Hajia: Please my dear, you know that dreams can come in any form, dont go near wherever they are killing, dont involve in any form of killing act, please for the sake of Allah.
Aishat: Mom, it is no problem. I cant kill anybody and no one is going to kill me Insha Allah.
Hajia: Allahu-mo-amin. And, I'm missing you o, try to visit us before Wednesday next week, hope you remember that your dad's birthday is next week Friday and it is going to be celebrated in Akin Olugbade, Abeokuta.
Aishat: Oh! I remember that, I'll come home on Monday ma.
Hajia: Alright my dear. Bye.
Aishat hung up, trying to relate the dream to her current dilemma (pregnancy)
"Mom dreamt that I was trying to kill and I lost my life during/after that.
"I told the doctor I want an abortion, he advised me not to do it, that it may lead to my death.
"This is the time I discovered that this pregnancy indeed wants me in shame, it is high time I had to let Ben know that I'm pregnant for him" Aishat picked up her phone, wanted to call Ben immediately,
"Oh! He'll still be at work" she remembered and dropped the phone, "I'll tell him in the night" she concluded.
"Aishat what are you telling me!" Ben almost screamed.
"You're pregnant for who!
"Cant you remember that we even doubled condoms?"
Ben was boiling and roaring over the phone;
"Talk now!" He screamed from the other end.
"Ben, relax, I told doctor that we used condom that we even doubled it, he said that is exactly what made it to break, he said it is called F-R-I-C-T-I-O-N" She responded calmly. Ben's mouth was wide agape for some seconds without talking, Aishat continued.

"And remember, you met me virgin and the virginity was taken by you, our last MEETING was almost four weeks ago and the doctor said I'm three weeks pregnant. Ben, this is the time to find solution and not to argue over the pregnancy." She concluded bravely and explanatory.
"Ah! Aishat, your dad will kill me. Sam will also be disappointed in me, I'm doomed!" He cursed.
Aishat later explained to Ben, what the doctor said about the idea of terminating the pregnancy and the dream her mother had. They ended the phone call without any valid solution or suggestion.
The next day, Aishat talked to her dad on phone, the whole conversation based on the forthcoming birthday party, the clothes the children would put on and how they would all travel together, after the call she concluded in herself that she would not attend the party because her mom may discover the pregnancy.

On Friday morning, all the children of Alhaj Abd-Salam (Aishat's Dad) were together about to leave for Abeokuta, the time was 11:15 am yet Aishat was no where to be found, later she called one of them that she would meet them there so that they would not be waiting for her..,....
The bus was on speed about 130km/h, they were all chatting and happy, immediately after Ifo, they began to hear what sounds like gunshot, the heavy sound was coming from afar, one of them told the driver to increase the speed so that they could leave the area fast, the sound was getting louder as if they were heading to where the sound was coming from, they got to know that the robbers were at work, they all bent down to the seat level as the car was on very very high speed...

"Yeh!" Someone shouted on the car, all others were shocked and become more scared, in less than a minute they have sped pass the shooting scene, they began to raise their heads one after the other, they noticed that the car began to swerve abnormally in a zigzag manner like James Bond performing car stunts;
"Driver! Take it easy naw!" One of them shouted from the back.
"Yeh!!! Blood! Bullet has hit the driver!" Another person closer to the driver announced, everywhere scattered as they were struggling to stop the bus, one of them out of curiosity and the fear of unknown jumped out of the bus and got hit by the coming bus, she died instantly. Before someone who could drive got to the steering to replace the driver, the car had swerved off the main road and ran into the deep canal by the right side of the road, the car tumbled twice and was held up by a big tree having its four tyres facing up, everywhere was silent.

Will complete this chapter soon.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2016

Five minutes later, some good Samaritans have come to help them, they removed all the unconscious bodies in the car and rushed them to the nearest hospital, they contacted Alhaj Abd Salam through one of the children's phones who saved their father's number with "My Dad", the party had to be abandoned as Alhaj and his wife had to change their way to the hospital described to him instead of the venue of his birthday party.

"Where is the careless driver!" Alhaj asked the doctor angrily immediately he got to the hospital.
"He was shot dead instantly sir" the doctor responded like nothing happened.
"Shot dead? Where are my children!" Alhaj almost screamed, the restless Hajia was already crying.
"All of them gave up before they brought them here except one who is in the comma" the doctor responded firmly and stepped backward.
"Gave what!" Hajia screamed and collapsed on the tarred floor, the nearest nurses quickly took her away, Alhaj was just standing like a non living thing, he was temporarily dumb, deaf, blind and numb, the sweat emanating from his body could be mistaken for milk, one of the nurses rushed to the scene and whispered something into the doctor's ears which made him to quickly leave Alhaj there and rushed upstairs, after about three minutes which seemed like seven years to Alhaj, the doctor came out putting on a rare sad face;
"I'm sorry Alhaj, we lost the last lady in the coma" he uttered and excused him immediately.
"Allah!!!!!" Alhaj screamed before he collapsed on the spot. The echo of his voice continued to resound, it filled up the whole hospital, could be heard all over the street, escaping to the whole city, silence took place everywhere as almost the whole family chose that day to depart from this earth.

T.B.C

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2016
this is getting more interesting. Aisha's pregnancy will not even hit anyone hard like its meant to be.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Kentura(m): 3:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
nawao... Why did they have to die? (sobs)

I'm following...
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Davidabutu(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2016
Oga do quick update abeg.....i dey follow
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by blessedvisky(m): 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Update never show
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
Davidabutu:
Oga do quick update abeg.....i dey follow
Kentura:
nawao... Why did they have to die? (sobs)

I'm following...
blessedvisky:
Update never show
Lack of comments has been dragging the story all this while.... I thought I was alone posting and reading it myself.

I'll update now.

Dont just read and leave, drop some words and mention few friends, that will be my fuel. Thanks.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 11:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
Continues

TEN

"Where is my mother!" A lady in the hospital premises screamed.
"This is a hospital, you are expected to take things easier so as not to arm more patients with your noise" a young man sitting on the reception seat reacted calmly, she ignored his response with wild look on her face;
"Where is the doctor!" Her voice was like barking this time around, she got more attention than previously, she was looking exactly like an angry hungry-tiger, the people around began to move away from her as her face was in no way welcoming, they've alerted the doctor, in no time he showed up;
"Young lady, your noise is very toxic to this environment in case you dont know, you're causing a lot of bad than good, screaming will in no way solve whatsoever issue that brought you here but rather cause more hazard, besides, what is the problem" the doctor talked from a noticeable distance to where she was standing, she looked at the doctor for about three minutes before she pronounced a word;
"Where are my siblings, Alhaj and my mother Hajia" She responded in a very low voice but the violence all over her couldn't be hidden.
"Oh! You're the Aishat Sulaimon we were expecting, the daughter of Alhaj Abdul-Salam" the doctor confirmed.
"Yes, where are my family members?" She burst out crying.
"Come with me" the doctor said and also gestured.

They got to the doctor's office, he ironically explained everything to her with enough consolation while Aishat was busy drinking tears, she demanded to see her mother, she was taken to where she was probably sleeping;
"Mummy..... Why is God this wicked to us?" Her crying voice woke her mum. The doctor had to force her out of the ward so as not to disturb her.

Two days after, people gathered in Alhaj Abd-Salam's sitting room, Aishat was sitting beside her mother, her uncle (Alhaj's younger brother also a professor in philosophy) who recently came back from Italy, he was sitting opposite his brother, some other family members were there with them as well consoling the family of Sulaimon.

The professor was the only person others believed that could speak to Alhaj fruitfully, he had consoled Alhaj to a level, he referred to the similar incidents in the Bible, Koran, Gita and many others in the past yet Alhaj refused to utter a word... The consoling went on and on........

Two weeks after, the family was not yet in good shape of course, Alhaj and the professor were in the sitting room, Aishat and her mom were in the bedroom, Aishat is now the only child remaining out of seven they gave birth to, Hajia discovered something in Aishat, she placed her hand on Aishat's shoulder, looked into her eyeballs;
"Aishat, you're pregnant" she uttered. Aishat wanted to talk she held her lips and continued;
"I'm not asking you, I'm just telling you maybe you dont know" she added. Aishat nodded in affirmation.
"Very good! I hope you've told Ibrahim" she asked with assurance that Ibrahim must be responsible for the pregnancy, Aishat gave no response, she was instead looking at the floor;
"Aishat, answer me, you're the one I'm talking to" Hajia said calmly, Aishat looked up with tears;
"Ibrahim is not the one responsible for the pregnancy" she finally muttered, Hajia was shocked but she didn't show the amazement, she wanted to hear more before she would react;
"OK. Who is responsible for it then?" Hajia asked.
"It's Benjamin" Aishat sobered.
"Kwhat!!! Not even Sam!" She screamed, "Oh! This girl wants to murder me knowing fully well that she's the only child alive" Hajia cried nonstop.
"Mummy stop crying ... I'm sorry..." She wept as well;
"Aishat, see the family's condition right now, look at the one you brought in again, do you wish me dead?" She asked rhetorically.
"What do you think will happen when your father gets to know this again? Allah goes against abortion totally, it's even a no-go area because of the risk, does that mean you're getting married to a pagan? (Christian)" she and Aishat continued to weep bitterly, at that moment, Aishat regretted her action and how it hurts her mother, she was trying to hold Hajia but she pushed her away;
"You're a disgrace" she uttered in tears.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by blessedvisky(m): 10:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Lack of comments has been dragging the story all this while.... I thought I was alone posting and reading it myself.

I'll update now.

Dont just read and leave, drop some words and mention few friends, that will be my fuel. Thanks.

OK wordworld Seun kevoh hopefullandlord jackbizzle jonbellion friendchoice mrmrmister tosyne2much ginaz makkydebbie lagusta empiree toks2008 fynestboi vizkiz photoshoot lanicky bibijay123 explorers

Those are the people I know so far

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by irewole01(f): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
it's really interesting. keep d ball rolling

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:38pm On Dec 27, 2016

Aishat, Hajia, Alhaj and her uncle were all seated in Alhaj Abd-Salam's living room, Aishat was not bold enough to look at his father's face, she was looking straight down to the floor instead, her eyeballs were already red due to frequent crying, Hajia after looking at Aishat for minutes in disgust;
"You said it and you finally did it! You're too wicked!" She uttered as she pointed her left index finger to Aishat. Alhaj was was sitting on the other two-seater chair crossing his legs, his eyes were closed as he was moving his head as if he was listening to music. The uncle was sitting opposite Alhaj, his eyeglasses almost escaping his nose, he was looking at everyone one after the other at intervals, there was no expression on his face unlike others that were looking blue, nobody could possibly say if professor was happy or sad, preceding their gathering, Hajia had explained to them concerning Aishat's pregnancy, Alhaj has not given any response...
"Brother, what's your say to this? Your daughter is pregnant" professor said and sipped from the glass of wine beside him.
"Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun (To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return)" Alhaj at last uttered, sighed and sat up facing Aishat, he shook his head in pity and looked upward (sky direction);
"I lost six grown up children in a day; Allah! I cant query you." He almost screamed.
"The remaining one I have as hope turned out to be a shame to the family" Alhaj continued while still looking up.
"A shame? I dont understand. Is she not old enough to get married or get pregnant?" The professor interrupted surprisingly.
"Dont you always get things right!" Alhaj yelled at professor in anger.
"And when I dont, you are expected to explain to me again and again except you dont want me to have a say to it" professor responded calmly and readjusted his eyeglasses.
"Excess of studying sometimes reduces thinking faculty. Do you want to tell me that you didn't hear all what Hajia explained to us, this shameful girl got pregnant for a pagan (Christian)! Imagine!"
"Oh! That's too bad, shall we go ahead and kill her now?" Professor responded sarcastically which shocked both Hajia and Alhaj.
"Are you shocked? See my brother, there is nothing wrong in her action if we're to approach it plainly ignoring every religion doctrines or whatsoever. And point of correction, excess of studying doesn't reduce thinking faculty, it's the excess of being naive that obstructs rationality and instinct in human medulla oblongata, sorry to say Alhaj" At that moment, hearing that response, Alhaj knew his brother had got something to say.
"I never knew that you are still buried in all these dogmatic imaginary religious beliefs, well I call it naivety especially when it begins to lead to religion jingoism" He sipped from the glass of wine again.
"Please remind me, which of the religion is yours? Oh! Islam right? Well, I dont need to tell you again, I dont have any religion so to say, I am a free thinker and I follow wisdom from the word PHILOSOPHY- PHILOS and SOPHIE which means TO LOVE WISDOM." All of them sat up and concentrated on what he was saying, they know him for long and well detailed explanation.
"I dont need to go into that in details though. Please tell me where in Koran does anyone deny Muslims from marrying or getting married to Christians or other religions" He asked expectantly, Alhaj was about to reply him confidently when he interrupted;
"Wait, I know where you'll quote" He repositioned his eyeglasses and removed his hat.
"This is what I got from Koran so far concerning this; in Koran 2:221 - Do not marry the MUSHRIKEEN until they believe. A believing slave man is better than a MUSHRIK, even if you like him...
"Now, let me expatiate it to your level of understanding, the word MUSHRIKEEN is referred to as MUSHRIKAAT when we mean a woman, it speaks concerning those who commit SHIRK. The word SHIRK is used consistently in the Koran to mean the act of setting partners or lovers away from God.
"Alhaj, this is the right time I have to talk to you not considering who is here or who is not, I'll beg you not to misunderstand me" He pleaded.
"No. No offence yet, continue with your explanation" Alhaj showed some interest.
"Good, thank you. Now, in Koran 6:14 I read and understand that God is the only source of law, HKAMAN, so anyone who upholds any source of law than God's law is also guilty of SHIRK,
"Koran 42:21 says Or do they have SHURAKAA (partners) who legist for them, religious laws, which were not authorized by God? If it were not for a predetermined decision, they would have been judged immediately...
"To cut the citations short, anybody can be guilty of SHIRK being it Christian, Muslim or whatsoever and such person is not worthy to marry Muslim sisters according to Koran. I think... Oh! Yea, it's Koran 12:106 that says - Majority of them who believe in Allah do not do without practicing SHIRK (Setting their partner/lovers/spouses apart from Allah)...
"From this last Koran verse, I think you now realize that the marriage prohibition lies with those who practice SHIRK, they can be Jews, Christians and of course Muslims, I mean you exactly. I can also say there is no restriction to Muslims marrying from any religion as long as they believe in oneness of the Almighty so as not to separate their partner from knowing God...
"Alhaj, this life we are, if you can think enough, you'll know that we're all following one doctrine or the other in relation to God, see, there are more than 5000 ways humanity follows to God and 'yours' has always being the best, we shouldnt tamper with our well being and the love we have towards others..
"What if I say that religion so far, especially lately has caused more bad than good? Well, you wont believe me and I'm not ready to go into that right now, but I confirm to you that the most kind people I've ever met on this planet are the deists and the atheists, they dont have any religion...
"I was in the US last week, I helped one white man to do something he never imagined anyone could easily do that for him and the next thing he said was YOU MUST BE A CHRISTIAN. I had to respond YES I AM. Now, does that mean nobody from another religion can do that? No! Your religion should be the way you attend to people and your environment, not reading what was written down by some men many years ago and applying it to today's happenings" He knew he has got their attention all... He looked at Alhaj who was just nodding and meditating, Aishat was already smiling;
"There are people from other religions who are monotheists just like Muslims, I think that's in Koran 2:62" he was about quoting the verse offhand when Alhaj stopped him and sent for his Koran, he opened along and read from the English version;
"Those who believe and those who are Jewish, the Christians and the Sabians, the ones who believe in God and the last day and do good deeds; they will have their reward from their Lord and no fear will come upon them nor will they grieve" Alhaj read.
"Alhaj, the people your Koran support for marriage are those who believe in God irrespective of their religions as long as they dont practise SHIRK. Maybe later when I remember, I'll give you more Koran verses that attest to the fact, meanwhile, you can check Koran 60:10 too.
"Let's save this generation by not diverting the hearts of our children in the name of misinterpreted verses from some so called holy books, as for me I believe in God but not in line with any religion. Concerning Aishat's pregnancy, you and you alone have the final say as you know I wont interfere" he concluded as he emptied the glass of wine.
Hajia and Alhaj sighed at the same time and looked at each other, Alhaj closed the Koran he was holding;
"Thank you for the enlightenment Mr professor" Alhaj smiled a bit.
"You're indeed a professor and I'm proud of you, I'll see to this tomorrow" he concluded and stood up, Aishat went to hug her uncle.

T.B.C

2 Likes

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
KINGS100
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Functionoftime(m): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2016
Good work you are doing bro. Keep it up.
B.t.w... I think I know you somewhere. Gionee m5 whatsapp group, right?
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Kentura(m): 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
nice work

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Obinnau(m): 6:57am On Dec 28, 2016
unbanned.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2016
Obinnau:
unbanned.

Thanks.

Gonna update now!

I'll be glad seeing this on front-page as well bro.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2016
Continues

ELEVEN

"Auzu billahi... Auzu billahi... Auzu billahi... I reject it in the name of Allah! Sheitan you're rebuked.." Alhaj was rebuking death loudly on the three-seater chair he was lying on in the sitting room, he just wanted to rest when he slept off, he began to recite some ayats from Al-baqara in condemnation of death and the dream. Hajia and the two younger siblings of Aishat came to the sitting room, they were wondering why Alhaj woke up and the next thing was to rebuke death, none of them could ask why at that moment due to how Alhaj was sweating profusely like chilled sachet water, instead, they were chorusing "Amin" (amen) as Alhaj continued the recitation of the verse, they all later finalized it with Surat Kaothar.

Hajia checked the wall clock, the time was 3:39pm;
"Alhaj dont tell me you slept in the day and still dreamt a serious dream or we should call it a daymare, what exactly is the issue in the dream?" Hajia asked curiously as she sat on one of the sofas,
"Get me my phone" Alhaj pointed to the younger of the two children standing clueless beside him, in no time she was back with the phone, he called the four children that are already married to know if they were fine, nothing was wrong with them, he was trying to call Aishat's number when the automated voice responded "your account is too low for this call..." He hissed;
"Is today not the day Aishat chose to come home?" He asked.
"She is coming home today, what happened" Hajia queried worriedly.
"Please call her to know her whereabout, I've tried with my phone but I'm out of airtime" Alhaj said.
Hajia kept on trying Aishat's number but it wasn't going through, she decided to try it for the last time, she dialed the number without putting the phone on her ear;
"Alhaj, talk to us, what is going on what did you see in your dream?" She asked with more anxiety.
"Sit down" he ordered Hajia and the children. Hajia checked the screen of the phone and discovered that the call has connected, they all noticed someone playing music at the entrance of the sitting room, they focused at the door as it was opened;
"Anty mi! (My sister!)" The youngest daughter of Alhaj ran to welcome Aishat who was struggling to enter due to her big bags, she was in NYSC uniform;
"Mummy! I intentionally didn't pick your call," she went to hug Hajia and later Alhaj and sat on one of his laps;
"Daddy, I missed your wahala o" She said and Alhaj smiled, others laughed.
"Aishat sit down here, you met something going on. There is this scary dream I had in less than 30 minutes ago" Alhaj said as he began to summarize the dream to them;
"It was a very terrible and eye-opening dream as well" he started.
"In the dream, you Aishat was pregnant" Aishat looked at her stomach and smiled.
"I wanted to celebrate my birthday, on that day your mother and I were on the same car to the venue while all other children except you went with another car,
"Sadly on their way, they had accident and none of them survived"
"Auzu billahi!!!" Hajia shouted.
"God forbid bad thing!" Aishat condemned.
"I discovered your pregnancy after the incident, according to what your mom told me in the dream, you were pregnant for a Christian,
"Your mother doesn't support you aborting it because she had a dream that you died while trying to kill someone,
"I was still adamant that you would never marry a Christian until one of my brothers, a professor enlightened us on the right thing to do exactly from the Koran,
"I had not made any decision before I woke though but I had concluded in my mind that I was going to allow the marriage even if not for what the professor said but for the fact that I was scared I could lose you as the only remaining child if I went against your wish" he paused.
"Hmmmmmm" Others sighed.
"That is how the dream went" he ended.
"And, who is the professor among your brothers?" Hajia asked.
"I dont know, you know I dont have more than one brother and Azeez is not a professor you know that" he responded.
"Hmmmmmm ..." Hajia sighed again.
"I think, for me to have concluded in my dream that you can marry a Christian just because I lost other children and was scared of losing you, I can equally do the same thing if it happens in real life. Now tell me, where is the so called obedience and respect I claim to have for our religion? Besides, from the enlightenment of the professor, it's only those who will not permit our children to serve God that are not permitted to marry them which can be Muslim as well.
"This is where I'm heading to Aishat, as from this moment, you're free to choose anyone you love provided he serves God and wont distract you from doing the same.
"It is now that I discovered that what you dont know may be killing you and nothing is more tragically ineffective as LIVING A MUSLIM LIFE WITHOUT MUSLIM KNOWLEDGE.
"Rob-hil-sid-hil Il-imoh" he ended.
Aishat was excited from within her, she hugged her father;
"Thank you daddy" she said in grins.
Hajia was just smiling, Alhaj stood up and walked inside, Aishat went to hug Hajia again as they helped her to carry her bags to her room.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2016
Continues

TWELVE

A week after, on Tuesday afternoon, Aishat was still feeling the freedom her dad just gave her to get married to anyone she likes, she has been trying Sam's number to break the good news to him but hasn't been able to reah him for the past almost two weeks, she has not told Ben as well though they would chat at least three times in a week, she did not want to tell Ibrahim because she felt it has nothing to do with him;

"Come to think of it, this daddy's dream is terrible o... How would someone lose six children in a day?" Aishat asked herself.
"But if not for the dream, I might not have had this favourable decision from him... As terrible as the dream seems, the favourable it is" she smiled.
"What am I even saying?... Daddy's earlier decision has caused complications already in my relationship life, if not for his do or die law earlier I wouldn't have given Ibrahim any chance at all" She blamed her father.
"I know in my self that I'm dating the guy for religion's sake and now the freedom to date whosoever I love has come, what do I do to the boy-in-love (Ibrahim) ?" She asked rhetorically.
"Well... They use to say 'it's not everyone you date that you'll get married to'... Whatever that comes my way in future is well prepared for... It is high time I had to stop disturbing myself." She concluded.
Sam's numbers were still not reachable, Aishat has begun to nag Ibrahim at every opportunity even to a slight joke which made Ibrahim to be thinking he might be dumped sooner or later.

"Hmmmmmm... This Aishat is thinking she's wise I guess." Ibrahim thought out loud.
"Does she think she can dump me for anyone? Not even Sam I swear!
"I knew that all these her nagging and roaring whenever we're together is up to something detrimental, so she has been messaging another guy secretly as well..."
"Nice one! She is even brave enough to keep the sent message on her phone till I was able to see it, imagine!
"I will use Sam as a scapegoat. I'll reveal to Aishat that truly I look gentle but I'm the definition of gentle lion" He made up his mind.

The next day, Ibrahim called one of his friends Damola notoriously known as Damage, they were not that close anymore but they used to be very good friends when they both got to the school. He invited Damage to his apartment, he wanted to tell him about what was going on between him and Aishat and how Aishat is trying to sideline him lately, probably to deal with the guys behind the nagging. Luckily for them Ibrahim's roommate, Michael had gone out before Damage got there, within few minutes, he has explained everything to Damage;

"So, you fit dey ask for advice now? Shay na today I don dey tell you make you join 'we guys'? We go blend you with power, for this campus so, no girl fit follow me play this kind game na! Emi Damage!" Damage said, beating his chest.
"Guy relax, you know say I no too dey like all these cultism of a thing, I no want make you go back to wetin we don yarn tey tey" Ibrahim responded. Damage stood up and wanted to leave.
"Baba chill na, you know say no be today we don dey o, even before you join 'them boys' na now you wan leave your guy abi?" Ibrahim pleaded indirectly.
"When you dey talk rubbish why I no go wan comot. OK, I go tell some of our guys, but the thing fit reach killing that idiot o, hope you dey OK with that?" Damage.
"Ah!!! Kill bawo? (why killing?) Make una no kill am na abeg, just beat am small con warm am" Ibrahim responded.
"You see, na wetin I talk be this, you just dull I swear." Damage complained again and wanted to stand when they heard a Nokia ringing tone outside, beside their window, the phone didn't ring up to three seconds before it stopped, both of them rushed out to check, they did not see anyone, they concluded it was a passerby, they returned inside to continue their discussion.
"OK, I've heard you, but hope they wont catch you guys." Ibrahim showed some fear.
"For where! You no even sabi how mouthed we dey. Forget that thing!" Damage assured.
Ibrahim and Damage concluded their discussion, on their way to the junction they met Ibrahim's roommate dropping off a bike, they greeted one another, Damage went his way while Ibrahim and Michael trekked back home.

Few weeks after, in a rectangular room painted white, a single wooden chair was resting on the wall, a small window located far above the ground level, a metal chair concreted exactly at the center of the room, on it was a young man tied, emptied sardine tins and nylon of bread around him, the young man looks ill and untidy, he was bowing his head, awaiting is death and humming a hymn from the TAC hymnbook as he has concluded there was no escape route for him:

I speak of the realm of the blest
Of that country so bright and so fair
And oft are its glories confess'd
But what must it to be there?
Do Thou, Lord, midst pleasure or woe
Still foe heaven my spirit prepare
And shortly I also shall know
And feel how it is to be there.

The humming continued...

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:44am On Dec 28, 2016
Functionoftime:
Good work you are doing bro. Keep it up.
B.t.w... I think I know you somewhere. Gionee m5 whatsapp group, right?

Yea, I was in that group.
What's your Nick there?
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 9:01am On Dec 28, 2016
nice write-up... Please those verses ehn, get tefsir ibn Kathir for explanation. There's more to Islamic marriage than what what's in the storyline.

looking forward to your next post
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2016
Okusi:
nice write-up... Please those verses ehn, get tefsir ibn Kathir for explanation. There's more to Islamic marriage than what what's in the storyline.

looking forward to your next post

Do you know where I can get the book preferably the English version

EDITED

Dont worry, I'm on d search.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
Continues

THIRTEEN

His eyeballs were pumping tears like that's their primary assignment, having heard footsteps approaching the room he was locked in he paused the hymn he was humming and raised his head. The metal door to the room was slightly opened to give way for two hefty guys to come in, the first one who is assumed to be the leader was holding a knife while the other one was holding a nylon containing bread and akara (beans cake), the young man on the metal chair sat up, the unpleasant smell emigrating out of his body could kill houseflies, he was weak;

"It's almost two months now that you guys have kept me here" he voiced out in pity.
"Cant you guys imagine the kind of sorrow you're causing right now in my family... Yet you refused to tell me who exactly sent you to do this to me" he said in tears.
"I challenge you all, you're not men enough if you're scared of telling me who sent you" he raised his voice a little bit.
The leader laughed like someone just cracked a joke then he pointed to the chair lying on the wall, the other guy quickly brought the chair to him, he sat on it facing the helpless tied young man.
"Funny Sam" he teased as he was playing with the knife in his hand.
***CUTS***
While all the efforts to locate Sam's whereabout were resulting abortive, his parents have arrested Ben and Ibrahim being his well known friends, besides, it was alleged he was on his way to Ben's house the day he got missing and they were already thinking of arresting Aishat.
***CONTINUES***
"Sam the king of ladies! Even if I tell you who sent us to kill you, it doesn't change anything you know, from the information reaching me, you're leaving this planet earth by weekend which means you have three days maximum to live. Hahahahahaha" the leader laughed out louder.
"I know I may not escape this death and the sure thing is that you cant take my life twice, yet I insist on knowing who wants me dead and why" Sam responded bravely.
"Alright then, we shall see who has something to lose" Leader ended. He ordered the other guy to untie only Sam's hands and give him the food they brought, Sam finished eating, they tied him back and left the room.

Sam was dozing on Thursday evening around 6:30pm, he began to hear the sound of key trying to open the door to the room he was locked in, he sat right thinking they've changed their mind to kill him before the weekend, he kept looking at the direction until the guy that followed the leader the previous day tiptoed inside, Sam wondered why he was tiptoeing;
"Shhhhh!" He gestured to Sam not to make any noise, he brought out his gun and sat before Sam;
"Hey fool! I'm Hakeem but they call me Hawk here due to how sharp I am when it gets to shooting fools like you. Hear me, you are not the first person in this condition and I assure you wont be the last" Hawk listened if someone was coming or was around the place, he discovered nobody was there;
"I have two news for you both good and bad. First of all, nobody has ever been on this chair and left alive. Nobody!" Sam raised eyebrows in surprise as he remembered everyone at home, the last time his mother saw him, the last time he told his colleagues at work 'good night', he imagined how sad his mother could be and finally Aishat his love, a slap from Hawk brought him back to the present;
"Idiot, wetin you dey think naw?" Hawk asked.
"What is the good news?" Sam asked with lake of tears on his eyeballs.
"The good news is that I've come here to see if it's possible for me to save your life." For that moment, Sam thought he could survive instead of the death he had been thinking of.
"I joined this gang through the influence of a guy who later told me that I was persuaded to join them because they needed someone brilliant among them and I can say, I'm the brilliant type in my academics.
"Let's leave 'Mata for Martial', initially I didn't know why our leader want to kill you, nobody knows except him until I stylishly asked yesterday then I found out it's because of a lady in our school which I think it is not worth it." Hawk said.
"Please Mr Hawk, which school is that?" Sam curiously asked.
"MB-UNI here in Lagos" That was when Sam realized that he was in another state entirely, for few seconds Hawk thought he shouldnt have mentioned the name of the school but he ignored;
"This is how the whole thing will happen, this place we are is a deep bush and the people who built this for us have been killed so nobody knows here except the members.
"If I should release you now, you'll surely perish on your way out or get caught again because more than enough members are around in the bush fully harmed and that's an immediate death for you.
"There is this path that leads to Igbo-Ora in Oyo State from here, it's roughly six hours' trekking and safer.. I'll give you the full map now and by 11pm tomorrow Friday, I'll come and release you because our leader is planning to end you on Saturday" Hawk gave the full description of how to make it out to Sam and left the room, Sam was extremely happy as he finally found someone who was ready and willing to help him out but he was at the same time confused because he has four ladies he was dating in MB-UNI which included Aishat and Evelyn and two others. He didn't care about that actually as he couldn't wait to get out safely.

Hawk has successfully convinced the leader and other members to attend a night party on Friday night so that nobody would be with Sam while he would leave them to carry out the assignment before or during the party, the leader has been suspecting Hawk and his movement lately but didn't want to believe his mind as he had 100% trust in Hawk who was like his number-two, the party was to start by 9pm, the whole members of the fraternity were together in their main building in the city preparing to move in group, it was 4pm in the evening, Hawk excused himself to quickly attend to something promising he wouldn't stay up to 30 minutes, he left to meet Sam, immediately he left, their leader called on six other members to get their guns and bullets, off to the place where Sam was kept.

T.B.C

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by irewole01(f): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
so interesting. but as earlier recommended, get Tafsir in Kathir. d explanation u gave those coated vases are faulty

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by irewole01(f): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
so interesting. but as earlier recommended, get Tafsir ibn Kathir. d explanation u gave those coated vases are faulty

1 Like

Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Okusi(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Do you know where I can get the book preferably the English version

EDITED

Dont worry, I'm on d search.
its app is on Google Play Store... but its more than 40mb
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:50am On Dec 30, 2016
There was a mistake in the last update but it has been corrected

The last paragraph which stated 7pm, should be 4pm.
Re: Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2016
Continues

FOURTEEN

Leader and six others got to the place while Hawk was still on his way, he instructed three members to hide around outside while the remaining three followed him into the place Sam was, they entered carefully looking around as if someone was hiding somewhere, none of them uttered a word to Sam, Sam thought they've come to kill him at last before Hawk comes, after five minutes of thorough surveillance, Hawk docked into the vicinity through another route, carefully matching the leaves with total concentration to what may be going on around him, he was about nine metre to the building when he sighted one of the guys hiding around in the opposite direction;
"Oh shit! They suspected me!" He cursed not too audible. He quickly brought out his gun, put on a mask and was ready to attack sensibly.

Hawk maintained his position as he was trying to get the how many they were so as to decide weather to attack or to go back, he was still scanning the deep bush opposite him after the building when the Leader and the three others who went in to meet Sam came out again still looking around at alert;
"Wow! Number One is even here" Hawk knew someone had given them information about what he was coming to do, he decided to take a bold step by taking the path behind the building maybe he could get inside through the small window located far above ground level, he moved soundlessly as fast as he could, he saw a log of wood long enough to climb the wall for him to see the room through the window, with the help me that he was able to peep into the room, he saw Sam sitting clueless, he looked around the room as much as his eyes could see from the window he realized nobody was there again but the entrance door was slightly open, he tried if he could smuggle himself into the room through the small window without raising unnecessary alarm, he waved to Sam who focused at the entrance ignoring the window, after a lot of waving, Sam finally saw Hawk, he gestured Sam should remain mute, he took in first his right leg leaving the remaining part of the body outside having his left foot on the log of wood resting on the wall as ladder, he knew he couldn't enter like that, he took the leg out and took both legs in at the same time while the wood fell down which made a sound, having more than half of his body inside already he quickly jumped in making sure his feet didn't make a loud noise, the sound of the wood he used to climb called the attention of the leader and the three guys standing with him outside, he had ordered two of them to check the back of the building immediately but Hawk was fast enough to have jumped inside before they got there, Hawk was dodging behind a wall in the room avoiding a direct sighting from the entrance in case someone comes in, the two guys that went to check the back of the building returned to the leader;

First guy: Nobody dey there baba.
Second guy: But we saw a big long wood lying on the wall, e be like say the wood fall from the floor ni sha.

Leader immediately opened the door, he saw only Sam sitting hopelessly while Hawk was still hiding behind the wall with his gun at alert;

"Everybody drop your weapons! Everywhere has been surrounded by armed policemen!" A policeman spoke with microphone from his hideout leaving everyone in shock, the time was 5:20pm...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CALL FOR ENTRIES: 2017 Commonwealth Short Prize / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature / How To Write A Movie Script. Help Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.