Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? (39061 Views)

Download Middle Child By J Cole / Kendrick Lamar Or J Cole / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 1:56am On Dec 13, 2016
I was listening to this debate and comments from nigerians in "hot fm abuja" when the issue of WHO IS THE LEADER OF NEW SCHOOL RAP was raised, I was amaized by some persons comments on the topic, like someone said j.cole is 10 steps ahead of lamar, which I think such comments was borne of sentiment from a j.cole's supporter.

I have decided to introduce this debate here on nairaland for lovers of new school to, without bias tell us who he or she feels is the leader of new school rap, and why he or she feels so. Feel free to choose others like drake, wale, pusha t, andre, immortal, 2chanz, french montana, big seun, meek mill, etc.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by dddrexjr(m): 2:10am On Dec 13, 2016
Just like CR7 vs Messi, it's all about preference. Personally I prefer listening to Cole even though I listen to them both, Cole just gets to me.
I also heard they are both working on a collab album as leaked by Ab Soul.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 3:00am On Dec 13, 2016
dddrexjr:
Just like CR7 vs Messi, it's all about preference. Personally I prefer listening to Cole even though I listen to them both, Cole just gets to me.
I also heard they are both working on a collab album as leaked by Ab Soul.
Yea, I heard of the collabo too. I love the fact that the competition is a healthy one. Remember the jay z and nas's scenario.
I will liken j.cole to nas and lamar to jay z.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by sarmiie(m): 6:35am On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

Yea, I heard of the collabo too. I love the fact that the competition is a healthy one. Remember the jay z and nas's scenario.

Yeah I see your point.....even though j.Cole is arguably as good as kendrick, people still d*ckriding kendrick like he's the second coming of Christ!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by LorDBolton(m): 7:00am On Dec 13, 2016
Leader of the new school, it's proven and it's known,
I'm sitting in a chair but in the future it's a throne.

The artiste who dropped those bars, is the leader of the new school.

Bless-up.

7 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 7:48am On Dec 13, 2016
sarmiie:

Yeah I see your point.....even though j.Cole is arguably as good as kendrick, people still d*ckriding kendrick like he's the second coming of Christ!!!!
Lol, u know how the lamar dude came into actions. It was too sudden, although he was doing some underground stuff before then, but the rate of his talent growth was a speedy one. Lamar is good but not the musical christ as people has portrayed him.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2016
LorDBolton:

Bless-up.
Drake-calm.

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by timidapsin(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
Jcole all the way

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
I am with J.cole. He's more philosophical

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by henrydadon(m): 11:46am On Dec 13, 2016
j cole any time any day

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Sleekydee(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2016
i don't think this topic is suitable to ask Nigerians, in depth analysis won't be carries out, because most of us hv been bewitched by listening to wacky songs day in day out, I doubt many pple in naija will undastand wot J.Cole and Lamar brings to d rap world, to many they re just regular rappers..

back to the topic, they re both lit, but personally, am a Kendrickian.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by dharmiedrums(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2016
Drizzy... grin
LorDBolton:

Bless-up.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by daclint(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2016
I think cole is great , Kendrick on the other hand is good , but when it comes to bars , there's no artist that'll go bar for bar with jadakiss ,feature the guy and the track becomes his own

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by shaggy007(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2016
The high school principal is the leader of the new school.

8 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by sleepyeyez(m): 11:47am On Dec 13, 2016
.kendricks got that complex, fist-in-the-air/rebel flow and content. He's a better lyricist.
Cole is more relatable, also a good story teller, great flow, him being a producer is an advantage. He's gettin Boring tho. (If uv copped his last two albums "2014l and "4 ur eyez", ud get my drift)

drake is more of a pop artiste dan a rapper. Den with all the ghostwritting claims. He's a great music maker tho. N I luv listenin 2 him . If I see a drake album and that of kendrick, I'd reach for drake's frst without thinking.

wale is alright. Not a fan tho. Dats all I'll say.

pusha t has always been dope

Big sean got That lovely cool, laid back flow

But bros why u gotta mention 2chainz and french montana na? But y?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick

7 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by slimpoppa(m): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick all the way.

8 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PappiSnow: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2016
angry
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 13, 2016
Na question be this? Make J Cole go find 9-5 Job, Kendrick is rap music angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2016
daclint:
I think cole is great , Kendrick on the other hand is good , but when it comes to bars , there's no artist that'll go bar for bar with jadakiss ,future the guy and the track becomes his own
You mean good is better than great Abi? OoooOkay I understand

Jadakiss voice na gold choi!!!! tripple OG

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 11:50am On Dec 13, 2016
even Obama said Kendrick

10 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by LEOSIRSIR(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2016
kendrick Lamar

5 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by omoISEYIN(m): 11:52am On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick is a genius.
He doesn't just rap, he does conscious hip hop.
Listen to his lyrical content and you will know he his way above board.
He is an activist, its solely not about the beats, billboards and platinums
He belongs to skool of tots of the likes of Pac, Nas, Common, Public Enemies, Tallib, L Boogie (Lauryn Hill) and so on.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Millsz: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2016
Its all about preference. Personally I love em both. But J. Cole does it for me

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by stinggy(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2016
it's a Coleworld for me cool

Kendrick is more of a commercial rapper.

Y'all dissing Cole need to read up his lyrics, no one comes close to this guy. Lines like he is conversing with you, so real a niqgar.

In songs that has featured both rappers, Cole has been better - T.K.O. by JT, I'm back.

If you're still doubting, try these tracks:
- Born Sinner, 4 ur eyez only, Get Free, Apparently, Cole Summer...

Cole's 2014 'Forest Hills Drive' Album went platinum without a single feature.... Only 4 other rappers achieved that.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

Drake-calm.

Drake = rubbish

14 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by omoISEYIN(m): 11:53am On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

Lamar is NAS.... far from been J

7 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by 4larhhh(f): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick Lamar for sure!!

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by curatorX: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2016
J. Cole lyrics are easy to understand and equally passionate to flow with. It's philosophical.

However, Kendrick is more of underground, raw and little bit core for the yung skools. He's more of 2pac while Cole is more of Biggie

24 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Olamide Releases 999 EP Tomorrow / Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.