Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? (39068 Views)

Download Middle Child By J Cole / Kendrick Lamar Or J Cole / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by TrapSoul(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
lifu2016:
says it all for me
I disagree with this list tho... How can Drake be on the same level with Cole and Kendrick? Big Sean is even better than Drake, and as for the trash rappers Macklemore shouldn't be On that list the dude is good abeg. Travis scott should be among those thrash rappers what's the difference between him and young thug

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by whizcartel(m): 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Adiwana:

I totally disagree.in fact it's the other way round.Cole OS in fact easily understandable&has more mass appeal than Kendrick.There are mixed views from a lot of fans on TPAB Cos it was a complex album.From the first time till today,I still play FHD cos it's a straight album but TPAB took me more time to understand.Cole is more mainstream and less hardcore than lamar
Yeah. I Get you ma nigga. But that was just his Last album (Kendrick) was truly complex, especially God's Gangster. But that's unlike Kendrick. I feel TPAB was an experimental album. What he did there was a fusion of soul, hip hop and whatever genre that nigga added. Its totally diffrent from section 80 or Good Kidd madd city. It just shows that the nigga is versatile. I didn't judge them from they style. because they kinda do the same Sh!t But have got different flows. I judged them on how much features they have done and how much they appeal to the mainstream audience, Not us. FHD not complex. But I smell complexity in FYEO.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by sirfee(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

I see u bro.
I see you too,I like your signature,just can't stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by jeyselassie(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Coyotejack:
Kendrick music is influenced by jazz , funk, hip-hop,pop etc and his aggression on the bars are lit ...... While joke is just a cool Joe that tells story so well that we can all relate to (wetdreams) ..........

But jcole is a rapper that is on repeat.......full album......
yea true u "thats all folks"
Kendrick is just listen to the album once and repeat his hit tracks
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by henryobinna(m): 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2016
stinggy:
it's a Coleworld for me cool

Kendrick is more of a commercial rapper.

Y'all dissing Cole need to read up his lyrics, no one comes close to this guy. Lines like he is conversing with you, so real a niqgar.

In songs that has featured both rappers, Cole has been better - T.K.O. by JT, I'm back, Black Friday.

If you're still doubting, try these tracks:
- Born Sinner, Get Free, Apparently, Cole Summer...

Colelovers let's keep reminding them that Cole's 2014 'Forest Hills Drive' Album went platinum without a single feature.... Only 4 other rappers achieved that.
double platinum actually,

it'sa coleword

4 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Slymonster(m): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
donMIG:
Cole made more sense to me
Forest hill drive feb 28
Born sinner

January 28 you mean lol

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Abadulbature(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
Cole world.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by beamzy08(m): 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
J.cole anytime and season...

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by tchaik(m): 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
omoISEYIN:
Kendrick is a genius.
He doesn't just rap, he does conscious hip hop.
Listen to his lyrical content and you will know he his way above board.
He is an activist, its solely not about the beats, billboards and platinums
He belongs to skool of tots of the likes of Pac, Nas, Common, Public Enemies, Tallib, L Boogie (Lauryn Hill) and so on.

For this post, I owe you one bottle of your favourite drink. Lordy lord, who compares K.dot with J. cole?

"Brother Kendrick Lamar is not a rapper, he's a writer, he's an author!
And if you read between the lines, we'll learn how to love one another!"
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by whizcartel(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

No hard feelings. U have done a good job bro. Nice write up.
Namaste brother.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by skitkid2(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
4 your eyez only
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Alfred234(m): 1:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Cole World
"4 Your Eyez Only" on repeat
Album feels like one single long track #Epic

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nidon3364(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
j cole all the way
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by IcemanP(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
they are two rappers who gat respect for each other, Cole's rap is easy, he does more of advice on his rap dis days[love yours] Kendrick smashes anything dat comes his way, dat brother can spit to anytin, i like dem both, but i tink for now, Kendrick is on the top of his game

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by donMIG(m): 1:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
Slymonster:

January 28 you mean lol
Yea...i did d track

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by IcemanP(m): 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
IcemanP:
they are two rappers who gat respect for each other, Cole's rap is easy, he does more of advice on his rap dis days[love yours] Kendrick smashes anything dat comes his way, dat brother can spit to anytin, i like dem both, but i tink for now, Kendrick is on the top of his game

kendrick Lamar raps are been studied in music schools at the moment

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
To those sistahs who listen to Kendrick & Cole.

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by PigMeat: 1:50pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirfee:
I see you too,I like your signature,just can't stop laughing.
Lol
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by wine4dguy: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
J Cole all the way. ..heck am listening to POWER TRIP while typing this.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 13, 2016
wine4dguy:
J Cole all the way. ..heck am listening to POWER TRIP while typing this.
That's my best J. Cole song

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by RSAMAN(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
MaddSkillz:
grin grin

Nice one MaddSkillz. And by the way the most expensive rap album in rap's history is Wu Tang's 'Once Upon A Time In Shaolin'. One copy of the double disc album was sold for $2million. I hope kids can finally see how worthless their favorite rapper is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time_in_Shaolin

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by karferguso(m): 2:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Both of them are geniuses.. .and they are different in their ways.
You can easily relate to Cole music and lyrics...Love yours, born sinner and all.. .unlike Kendrick's. ...How much a dollar cost, These walls, etc.
Also, Kendrick can jump on any beat.. .i mean bakery dey jam tin milk unlike Jcole who has his own type of beat... Athough he flows flawlessly on 'em
I think their differences is what's making their collaboration album seem somewhat unfeasible. ..Truth be told, they are like 2 different ways to the same destination.. ..hard core rap

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by leahcimzil: 2:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrletsgo:
Dude don't play yaself. I know what I wrote

But i don't...i apologise
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick Lamar Joor
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
leahcimzil:

But i don't...i apologise
Whatever man. No hard feelings though.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Abdhul(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
K.DOT all the WAY

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Sonville(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:
I was listening to this debate and comments from nigerians in "hot fm abuja" when the issue of WHO IS THE LEADER OF NEW SCHOOL RAP was raised, I was amaized by some persons comments on the topic, like someone said j.cole is 10 steps ahead of lamar, which I think such comments was borne of sentiment from a j.cole's supporter.

I have decided to introduce this debate here on nairaland for lovers of new school to, without bias tell us who he or she feels is the leader of new school rap, and why he or she feels so. Feel free to choose others like drake, wale, pusha t, andre, immortal, 2chanz, french montana, big seun, meek mill, etc.

Kendrick Lamar is my favourite though I love listening to Cole song too, but they are similar in some way and different in others... like the story telling, the aggressiveness, emotion in their rap
style
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by dayowunmi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
daclint:

Read that again bro , future jadakiss on your track , I aint talking about Future (1 bar grin )we all know he got a tired ass rhymes
Feature not future
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by daclint(m): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
dayowunmi:

Feature not future

Thanks bro , this mmm stuff just dey scatter my head
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Sonville(m): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
whizcartel:
Yeah. I Get you ma nigga. But that was just his Last album (Kendrick) was truly complex, especially God's Gangster. But that's unlike Kendrick. I feel TPAB was an experimental album. What he did there was a fusion of soul, hip hop and whatever genre that nigga added. Its totally diffrent from section 80 or Good Kidd madd city. It just shows that the nigga is versatile. I didn't judge them from they style. because they kinda do the same Sh!t But have got different flows. I judged them on how much features they have done and how much they appeal to the mainstream audience, Not us. FHD not complex. But I smell complexity in FYEO.

I feel you my nigga... you understand Kendrick so well
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by whizcartel(m): 2:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
TrapSoul:

I disagree with this list tho... How can Drake be on the same level with Cole and Kendrick? Big Sean is even better than Drake, and as for the trash rappers Macklemore shouldn't be On that list the dude is good abeg. Travis scott should be among those thrash rappers what's the difference between him and young thug
Drake deserves to be there bro... it's just that he too commercial. But when drake decides to spit conscious rhymes it dope... Listen to 30 for 30 Freestyle.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by asainco(m): 2:27pm On Dec 13, 2016
K Dot is an upgrade version of 2pac ...the guy is phenomenal every thing about him is true life inspiration...call me sentimental Buh K Dot knows how to tell a better story than J Cole....in other news Drizzy is the current God...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama / Diddy Declares Burna Boy's 'Twice As Tall', The Album Of The Year / 5 Times Olamide Missed His Chance To Impress The International Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.