Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? (39010 Views)

Download Middle Child By J Cole / Kendrick Lamar Or J Cole / DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Yemmieblaq(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
king king king king KENDRICK LAMAR of New school rap
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
omoISEYIN:

I don't drink bro, retired quite early.... Jus sad that HIP HOP is dead and NAS buried it.
thanks bro

even if nas decide to resume work... can't match Kendrick Lamar
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by dharmiedrums(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
Yea I've suggested that before...but he did that line of the song grin
ladishaft:
Drizzy leader of the new school? the bitch ass is not even staying true to his hustle....He is better off singing...lmaoooo!

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Heltinking(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
J Cole 100%

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2016
paradigmshift:

even if nas decide to resume work... can't match Kendrick Lamar
That's BLASPHEMY. Never compare Escobar to Cornrow Kenny. Now receive this holywater.....

3 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by stealthtiger(m): 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
PigMeat:

Yea, I heard of the collabo too. I love the fact that the competition is a healthy one. Remember the jay z and nas's scenario.
I will liken j.cole to nas and lamar to jay z.
We are not having a jayz and nas scenario because there is no beef in between Cole and K dot. Besides Nas and Hov are from same state unlike Cole and K Dot
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by yungryce: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
i am f-ing mad mackelmore's name has bot come up. i love j cole & Kendrick but i still doubt if i will chose dem over mackelmore
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Lucidpassanger9(m): 5:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
sarmiie:

Yeah I see your point.....even though j.Cole is arguably as good as kendrick, people still d*ckriding kendrick like he's the second coming of Christ!!!!

You obviously don't know who Kendrick is
Nigga had two of his songs competing against each other for Rap song of the year last grammies
Won 3, got 13 nominations
Cole got just 3nominations, same number Kendrick won
Cole started way before Kdot and he's like 3yrs older too but the legends of rap I.e. Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and others gave him the name "The God MC" because no one does it better.
But Jcole is insanely good too and they both close friends
Just saying
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by stealthtiger(m): 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
sleepyeyez:
.kendricks got that complex, fist-in-the-air/rebel flow and content. He's a better lyricist.
Cole is more relatable, also a good story teller, great flow, him being a producer is an advantage. He's gettin Boring tho. (If uv copped his last two albums "2014l and "4 ur eyez", ud get my drift)

drake is more of a pop artiste dan a rapper. Den with all the ghostwritting claims. He's a great music maker tho. N I luv listenin 2 him . If I see a drake album and that of kendrick, I'd reach for drake's frst without thinking.

wale is alright. Not a fan tho. Dats all I'll say.

pusha t has always been dope

Big sean got That lovely cool, laid back flow

But bros why u gotta mention 2chainz and french montana na? But y?

Lol.. Seems you are new to this rap game
Jcoles 4 ur eyez only wasn't made for his fans instead for his daughter and his wife. Just listening to an album for a few days wouldn't give you an in depth knowledge and analysis concerning the album. You have to totally immerse your self in it, before you grasp it before you find the gold mines in between the lines.
And also listening to a drake album before a Kendricks that means you're a pop fan. Drake's on of the people that has killed this rap game.
All in all the lapses in Cole and Kdot is complimented by their efficiency in other areas
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:23pm On Dec 13, 2016
how dare you put immortal technique in the same sphere with k.dot and Cole......

immortal technique is a f.cuking beast! he will eat k.dot and Cole for lunch. most people never heard of him coz he is way too complex for ya feeble mind

#download dance with the devil -immortal
. and u would experience eargasms like never before.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Lucidpassanger9(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
cue64:
then u should proly listen to k Dots early works, like
vanity Slaves
night of a living junkies
and determined

Somebody that went to school is calling Kendrick Lamar a commercial rapper
I no blame that guy
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Chukzyfcb(m): 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
how dare you put immortal technique in the same sphere with k.dot and Cole......

immortal technique is a f.cuking beast! he will eat k.dot and Cole for lunch. most people never heard of him coz he is way too complex for ya feeble mind

for a start please

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by sirpatrick(m): 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
back to the topic, they re both lit, but personally, am a Kendrickian.[/b][/quote]ogbeni so on point Kendrick Lamar is a poet, poetry mixed with killer vibes
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
mrletsgo:
That's BLASPHEMSY. Never compare Escobar to Cornrow Kenny. Now receive this holywater.....

even nas knows
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by stealthtiger(m): 5:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
cue64:
j cole honesty look upto nas and wants to be like him....
Buh K dot is been compared to Nas
Why are you so ignorant. Yea he loves nas but that doesn't mean he looks up to him as a god. Listen to No role modelz. Cole said- "no role modelz and I'm here right now, no role modelz to speak of. Searching through my memory I couldn't find one"

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by lexini: 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2016
I think both of them are dope.

Both are very good lyricists and do conscious hip hop.

However, Kendrick is more OG that J Cole. If you are a core gangster hiphop fan, you'd appreciate Kendrick more cos he has the Rakim, Common, Talib Kwali, NWA kinda feel.

They're both true to the game - none of them is commercial so we shouldnt compare them to Jay and Nas cos Jay is commercial.

#mythoughts

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Ken24(m): 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lucidpassanger9:

Somebody that went to school is calling Kendrick Lamar a rapper

I no blame that guy

Asin d tin Js dey irritiatin,wetin dem dey call commercial rapper sef Mk d guy answer...he shd try n check k.dot "before fame" freestyle wit som college boys bk den wen he was comin up n check out his flows or Js check som of his quikies lyk d Reebok freestyle.. Abeg good is good,say it it wont kill u
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by wtfCode: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lamar dat dude is gonna kill me someday. Even m.i abaga dey form him
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by tegak10: 5:57pm On Dec 13, 2016
j cole.. ooo
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Ken24(m): 6:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
sirpatrick:

back to the topic, they re both lit, but personally, am a Kendrickian.[/b]ogbeni so on point Kendrick Lamar is a poet, poetry mixed with killer vibes

Bros u r so onpoint... I discovered k.dot frm "we up"wit 50 cent,I loved d rap,his body movements,gestures..I fell sharpally n md som researchers abt him n sinz den he has bin delivering my thang to me faster Dan DHL,jumia or konga delivers my packages.. J.cole on d other good but light wit words. If m wrong sm1 shd check k.dot black Friday n cole's own alright(they actually exchange beat n drop dia shit d same tym in dsame studio)...

2 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jaynom:
The question is not about who raps better Or who you prefer? .. The LEADER of this PRESENT CLASS, their HEADBOY is DRAKE. He has broken records set by ONLY Micheal Jackson & Elvis Presley. He has set his own records and has sold more ALBUMS and singles than any of them. Numbers don't lie

If you will take a moment to read the question which this thread posed, you will notice we are not talking about Pop singers. We are talking about Rappers here my dear sir
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Ken24(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
Check d order..d real rappers in d game... Logic is anoda demonic niqqa,cnt stop watchin his rubics cube freestyle

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by jayaim: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
I have been following rap since the golden age in the 90s. Kendrick still remains dope as ever, though am down with both.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by shomutuski(m): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick lamar is a more complete rapper with the fusion of his jazz,funk,afro and rap style.
He's rendition of the art of peer pressure and the tale of two cities shows the two side of a coin he possess.

J.cole is an artist that speaks to the soul, he's also a conscious rapper speaking of black killing and the likes, same as kendrick. Both are greats in their own kind of style.

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 6:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

immortal technique knows too well that Kendrick Lamar is wavy ...

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by paradigmshift(m): 6:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ken24:
Check d order..d real rappers in d game... Logic is anoda demonic niqqa,cnt stop watchin his rubics cube freestyle

remove Drake.. he's wack

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Alfred234(m): 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2016
yungryce:
i am f-ing mad mackelmore's name has bot come up. i love j cole & Kendrick but i still doubt if i will chose dem over mackelmore
Lol bros calm down o am also mad that Macklemore was listed as a trash rapper, am like W. T. F? his latest album "This Unruly Mess I've Made" is lit AF.. listen to tracks like

"White privilege II" (Best song I've listened to this year)
But I still have to say that J. cole and Kendrick are by far better than him

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by InfernoBlaze: 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2016
It seems y'all getting it all wrong, the question is who the new school rap king is. To me Kendrick is a better real rapper buh J.Cole rules the new school rap cos Kendrick goes old school too buh Cole is strictly new school
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2016
Kendrick will always be my man, Good Coordination.. Nice beats n Good Lyrics..
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Goodnificent(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=Danfuster post=51890619]

And you think cole isn't all about that, Cole to me is just PHENOMENAL. I love him as much as I love Kendrick, Drake, 2pac, Jadakiss, A$AP Rocky, Bry$on Tyler, kid cuddi, Lil Wayne, to mention a few cos they're realist. Have you listened to "j. Cole-Dollar and a dream 3" "Cole world "" adolescence" in short album "Cole world sideline stories" "forest Hill drive".

Cole is my first choice relaxing my mind when I'm dealing with some real life shiit. Kendrik motivates me to not back down and Wayne agitate me to getting whatever I lock my target

true that bruv! soulo is just too underrated... been bumping his "Do what thou wilt" album all day
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by Jaynom(m): 7:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
WriteBoy:

If you will take a moment to read the question which this thread posed, you will notice we are not talking about Pop singers. We are talking about Rappers here my dear sir
And J Cole doesn't sing? GetThaFuckOuttaHereWithThat Bullshit
Re: Kendrick Lamar Or J.cole?: Who Is The Leader Of New School Rap? by John902(m): 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2016
whizcartel:
I Fvcks with Eminem anytime any day. He is the best, but not the greatest tho. I had an obsession with him in 2002. And I was just six years old(I'm a really young dude, pls don't judge me ; D) Now the guy just do poetry or spoken word if you will call it that. Have you heard campaign speech?
well most American rappers are either poetic...listen to I'm going through changes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

I Need A List Of Reputable Musicians You Can Easily Play Where Kids Are!! / Olamide Releases 999 EP Tomorrow / Video Of Mohbad’s Father Recording Song In Studio Causes Online Drama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.