Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! (7838 Views)

I Am Dying Of Landlord Problem, God Help Me / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / We’re Dying Of Hunger, Imo Labourers Lament As Northerners Take Over State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2009
Maryam Babangida, Nigeria's former First Lady and chairperson of the Better Life for Rural Women during her husband's years in office, is dying of ovarian cancer at the UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center in Los Angeles.

Mrs. Babaginda's condition worsened about six months ago after she attended the wedding of Umaru Yar'Adua's daughter, Nafisat, who married the 54 -year old governor of Bauchi State.

Sources told Saharareporters that the retired ex-dictator was granted a US visa on compassionate grounds to be at the bedside of his wife, who may be in her last days as her cancer is suspected to have reached an advanced stage.

http://www.saharareports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4229:maryam-babangida-dying-of-cancer-in-los-angeles-ibb-family-at-her-bedside&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by asha80(m): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
So the money looted from better life for rural women cannot save her.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by redsun(m): 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
Too much oyinbo food wen dem they chop with money wey dem steal.Chemicalize and adulterated foods,they all cancerous,in the name of jet age.A road to where,yet they are rushing.

There is nothing worth being greedy of in life.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by DeepSoul(f): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
Oh c'mon you guys! You sound almost gleeful that his wife is dying.

Regardless of whateva IBB must have done 2 put this country in a mess, it doesnt mean we should rejoice over the death of his wife!

Life remains precious! Regardless of whose it is!

I pray for a miracle for her.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
I wish her a speedy recovery and God's mercies. Despite the fact that her husband, the 'evil genius' didn't have mercy on the poor masses when he was the country's maximum ruler for eight torturous years.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by redsun(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2009
By tradition,my people bury traitors and people that commit suicide in the evil forest where no one goes,for they are worthless,so are their dead spirit.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by metalgong5(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
may she recover from the deadly ailment . . . best of luck.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by redsun(m): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2009
All MAN shall be judge by his deeds.Legacies.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by maedan(f): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2009
Really sad for anyone to have cancer, it's a terrible illness. Maryam Babangida was always an appealing First Lady, who ever we think her husband was. I hope she does not suffer too much.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by DeepSoul(f): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2009
Oh Redsun, Pls shut up already.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by 0hsisi: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2009
when the wicked perish,there are shouts of joy
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 12:26am On Nov 14, 2009
0hsisi:

when the wicked perish,there are shouts of joy

very WICKED family----WICKED------
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 12:27am On Nov 14, 2009
I should also add that SAHARA reporter is NOT a credible source---- they feed off hearsay So, there is a 100% possibility that this is probably not true. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by MrCrackles(m): 12:31am On Nov 14, 2009
Deep Soul:

Oh c'mon you guys! You sound almost gleeful that his wife is dying.

Regardless of whateva IBB must have done 2 put this country in a mess, it doesnt mean we should rejoice over the death of his wife!

Life remains precious! Regardless of whose it is!

I pray for a miracle for her.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 12:33am On Nov 14, 2009
I remember the celebrations that took place when ABACHA died---- it was gleeful
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Nobody: 12:34am On Nov 14, 2009
maedan:

Really sad for anyone to have cancer, it's a terrible illness. Maryam Babangida was always an appealing First Lady, who ever we think her husband was. I hope she does not suffer too much.

Deep Soul:

Oh Redsun, Pls shut up already.

tell that to all the boys selling gala on the streets of lagos that were deprived of an education by she and her husband. she neva start, next is her husband, and if you don,t shut up!!!   you!!!
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by maedan(f): 12:40am On Nov 14, 2009
who is this df2006, why can't you respect yourself if not others?? Are you God? If not, then surely you're "next".
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 12:42am On Nov 14, 2009
I agree with df2006----- undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by dinggle: 12:46am On Nov 14, 2009
I have one word for maryam, she should give her portion of the wealth to the poor. Why America give IBB visa??, which kind compassionate grounds be that??, dem for let am knw say wealth dey useless when support no dey!!!
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Remii(m): 12:46am On Nov 14, 2009
Everybody dies, so no need to rejoice over anyone dying as all would die someday. She is not in present state because of the way the husband ruled or misruled the country so what is the connection. May God take care of her as applicable. Amin.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by OAM4J: 12:49am On Nov 14, 2009
I pity her condition. Hope she recovers.

But the only thing ringing so much in my head now is Dele Give Statement;

“Every man's inhumanity to man will certainly be punished, If not now, certainly later, If not by man, certainly by God”
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by 0hsisi: 12:50am On Nov 14, 2009
she was a party to her husband's thieving ways and they robbed the country blind
May they know no peace in this  life and in the life to come
The blood of Dele Giwa,Maman Vatsa and several others they murdered will haunt them till death
Amen!
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 12:51am On Nov 14, 2009
OAM4J:

“Every man's inhumanity to man will certainly be punished, If not now, certainly later, If not by man, certainly by God

NICE ONE
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by ayinba1(f): 12:54am On Nov 14, 2009
My first thought is "iro ni"

But then who are we to know who will come down with what ailment.

May God forgive all our "gleeful" thoughts, be they transient/fleeting/or long lasting when we hear of misfortune befalling our "leaders" but then God has said He will give us leaders that befit us,

So, we may all need to reassess ourselves.

If IBB was a poor/middleclass Nigerian, his wife would not be able to get treated in the US, so their will be no talk of compassion/visa/whatever. Olowo a maa sore olowo. America naa a ma sore olowo.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by manmustwac(m): 12:57am On Nov 14, 2009
0hsisi:

she was a party to her husband's thieving ways and they robbed the country blind
May they know no peace in this life and in the life to come
The blood of Dele Giwa,Maman Vatsa and several others they murdered will haunt them till death
Amen!
Talkless of the masses who died due to thier mismanagent of the treasury that would've been better off used to help the poor.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Ndipe(m): 12:58am On Nov 14, 2009
Dont wish her evil, wish her well. May God see her through in Jesus Name, Amen.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Ibime(m): 1:05am On Nov 14, 2009
Dele Giwa was about to expose Mariam Babangida's drug dealing runs when he was killed. . . . I hope those wishing the witch a speedy recovery will remember Dele-Giwa's widow.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by Radiant(f): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2009
Ibime:

Dele Giwa was about to expose Mariam Babangida's drug dealing runs when he was killed. . . . I hope those wishing the witch a speedy recovery will remember Dele-Giwa's widow.

sad sad sad sad sad

It's really sad both ways though cry
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2009
Ibime:

Dele Giwa was about to expose Mariam Babangida's drug dealing runs when he was killed. . . .I hope those wishing the witch a speedy recovery will remember Dele-Giwa's widow.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by DeepSoul(f): 1:14am On Nov 14, 2009
Ibime:

And how will Mariam's death help bring Dele Giwa back to life??

Cancer is a terrible disease for any1 to have, regardless of how "wicked" the person has been.

Who are we to judge? Why dont we live that for God na?

This is sm1's mother and grandmother. . .Na wa. .

posakosa:

I remember the celebrations that took place when ABACHA died---- it was gleeful

Abacha died IN office. It was pretty hard for most people not to celeberate. There is no basis for comparison abeg
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by posakosa(m): 1:16am On Nov 14, 2009
who cares----ABACHA DIED ANYWAYS   They are all EVIL leaders thats the connection hence reason for comparison--- I don't feel bad.
Re: Ibb's Wife Dying Of Cancer! by radiovibe: 1:20am On Nov 14, 2009
Please live her alone, she is my aunt. Please don't be rude to people you don't know much about.
Should a woman be blamed for her husbands ambition.

PS:Maybe she should have strangled him in his sleep while he slept. Maybe that would have changed Nigeria today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University / Buhari Falls Out With The West / Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Invites Efcc To Investigate Pppra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.