Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal (19263 Views)

E-passport Renewal/extension / Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview / Uk Tourist Visa Renewal Procedure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by SOTAJ: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
Please what is the process for a Uk Visa renewal. I have a visa that will expire soon and would like to know;

i) the process for renewal . Is it like the initial application (ie) does one need an invitation letter for the renewal too?

ii) Can I renew before the current one expires in January 2010

iii) I intend to renew this Dec  2009 for a 2 year Visa but my passport expires in 2011 (Do I obtain another passport for the renewal or I just renew for 1 year?

Your responses will be highly appreciated.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by maedan(f): 11:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
I think it would be good of you to say which visa you currently have so you can get proper answers. Is it visit, family, work visa etc??
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by busybody20: 12:05am On Nov 14, 2009
What class of visa do you have

Work Permit
Tier 1
Student Visa
Visit Visa
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by SOTAJ: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2009
I have a family Visit Visa (6 months/Multiple Entry) which epires in January 2010.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by joxiri: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2009
well you have to apply for another visa like u did the 1st time, and I wont consider it to be a renewal
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by temodent(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
Think you need a new passport, every old passport expires this December 09. All you need do is get your new e-passport and aply fresh for a new visa with the same type of documents but updated, you presented before you were granted the initial 6months visa but go a 2years multiple and remember to attach your previous passport. Good luck
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by joxiri: 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2009
No every old passport expires in 2010
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by hadexman(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2009
joxiri:

No every old passport expires in 2010

How true is this? Do you mean it will no longer be accepted at the port of entry to Nigeria or in whatever country you are? Pls explain.

One love.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by SOTAJ: 10:47pm On Nov 14, 2009
Thanks so much for all your responses.

I think I would need to obtain the E-passport based on the various responses received.

Can I now go ahead with the visa application in December 2009 considering the fact that the UK Visa I hold presently is till valid till January 2010?
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by EAsY6: 12:05am On Nov 15, 2009
SOTAJ:

Thanks so much for all your responses.

I think I would need to obtain the E-passport based on the various responses received.

Can I now go ahead with the visa application in December 2009 considering the fact that the UK Visa I hold presently is till valid till January 2010?

Why don't you wait for it to expire? Are you in the UK or NIJA? I have a reason for asking that question,
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by joxiri: 11:42am On Nov 15, 2009
@hardexman
sorry i generalised i think all the nigerian passports will be phased out next year because it will be 10 years since they were originally introduced so thats the last valid year, by the end of 2010 every nigerian will have to have the new e-passport, you can always go and get a new one now before it expires
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by hadexman(m): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2009
joxiri:

@hardexman
sorry i generalised i think all the nigerian passports will be phased out next year because it will be 10 years since they were originally introduced so thats the last valid year, by the end of 2010 every nigerian will have to have the new e-passport, you can always go and get a new one now before it expires

Thanks for the information, i do have e-passport with me here, but i kept it away because it's a crime having 2 passport at the same time,
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by SOTAJ: 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2009
@ £a$y.

I am in Nigeria. Just spent 2 wks in the Uk in October during my last vacation.

What's ur reason please?
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by joxiri: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2009
@ hardexman
Didnt they stamp you old passport as cancelled, is it possible to have 2 valid passports at the sametime
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by hadexman(m): 9:40am On Nov 16, 2009
joxiri:

@ hardexman
Didnt they stamp you old passport as cancelled, is it possible to have 2 valid passports at the sametime

Am sorry this will sound strange but it's the truth. I had the e-passport first, but got denied at the port of entry when i was coming here, i had to go back and get the old passport in other to apply again because i needed to be here like yesterday.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2009
SOTAJ:

ii) Can I renew before the current one expires in January 2010

iii) I intend to renew this Dec 2009 for a 2 year Visa but my passport expires in 2011 (Do I obtain another passport for the renewal or I just renew for 1 year?

I believe the other question has been answered rightly.

You shouldn't bother renew before the current visa expires except you need to travel before January 2010 and intend to stay till after the . Since it usually takes 5 working days, you are better off waiting till it expires then applying for a new visa.

Next thing you need to do is obtain the new ePassport, cancel your old passport and apply for a new visa attaching your old passport together with your application.

Alternatively, simply apply for a new visa on your current passport in January once the visa expires. Once this is done, you can travel with it to the UK for up to six months (about June) before you need a new passport. The next thing to do will be to apply for an ePassport, cancel the old one and attach them together when you travel. This is what I do currently as my visa is in my old passport while I travel on my ePassport. I've done that about 5 times since December and have had no issues. The immigration officer just writes vipp(Visa In Previous Passport) next to the entry stamp.

Cheers, you'll get your visa wink
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by joxiri: 11:11am On Nov 16, 2009
Am kinda lost hardexman, it dont really matter anyways
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by hadexman(m): 11:30am On Nov 16, 2009
joxiri:

Am kinda lost hardexman, it dont really matter anyways

yeah, both the new and old passport i have will expire same year. I don't know what to do yet to renew, but till then. I still have a long validity period.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2009
hadexman:

yeah, both the new and old passport i have will expire same year. I don't know what to do yet to renew, but till then. I still have a long validity period.

Hadexman. . .you need to explain the issues over again so we can get a better idea of your question. Maybe you should start a new topic so it won't deviate attention from the original issue wink
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by hadexman(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2009
ahonohai:

Hadexman. . .you need to explain the issues over again so we can get a better idea of your question. Maybe you should start a new topic so it won't deviate attention from the original issue wink

No thank you, my issue as been settled. We can now continue with the poster question or inquiry.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by royalworld: 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2011
Please what is the process for a Uk Visa renewal. I have a visa that will expire soon and would like to know;

i) the process for renewal . Is it like the initial application (ie) does one need an invitation letter for the renewal too?
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by SOTAJ: 11:08pm On Mar 16, 2011
@Royalworld, you would need all the necessary documents as if you are just applying for the very first time.
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by jaydude(f): 1:19pm On May 21, 2012
Please if one has a visa on an existing passport, and gets married, and does a new passport with a change of name 2 husbands name, can one attatch the old passport(which was cancelled without prejudice) to the new one and still travel wit the visa on the old cancelled passport?
Re: Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal by mujiboy(m): 11:46pm On May 23, 2012
Hello. Sorry I av a Ukvisa bt it has expired since Dec 2007 nw I nid help concernin d renewal. Wot re d tinz I nid to do.

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Accident At Harbour Industrial Estate Onitsha, Anambra State (graphic Phot / Arise Interview: Hadi Sirika Lied About Air Peace - Management / Lagos-Benin Expressway Blocked Over Ondo Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.