Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,536 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. (34804 Views)

MMM Participants Celebrate The Return Of MMM Nigeria (Videos) / The Secret Of MMM's Comeback / The Death Of MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by drsugar: 4:09pm On Dec 13, 2016
This is just my own little way of helping hundreds of thousands of Nigerians who are presently in a state of uncertainty over their future in MMM.

My explanation might help calm some nerves and prevent some possible suicides, depression or other mental or psychosomatic illnesses as a result of this MMM uncertainty.

This Tool is Credited to Kubler-Ross, a Swiss American Psychiatrist and pioneer of near death Studies.
It talks about the series of emotions experienced after a loss( or imminent loss as is the case of MMM right now) and how to cope.

Stage 0. Shock Stage: Most of MMM participants have passed this stage right now.

Stage 1. DENIAL STAGE : Most of MMM participants are in this stage right now. This stage helps us to survive the loss. In this stage, the world becomes meaningless and overwhelming. Life makes no sense. There is a grace in denial. It is nature’s way of letting in only as much as we can handle. As you accept the reality of the loss and start to ask yourself questions, you are unknowingly beginning the healing process.

Stage 2. ANGER : Most MMM participants will get to this stage by January. Anger is a necessary stage of the healing process. Be willing to feel your anger, even though it may seem endless. The more you truly feel it, the more it will begin to dissipate and the more you will heal.

Stage 3. BARGAINING : At this stage, we want life returned to what it was. We want to go back in time, thinking that 'can I wake up and just realise that this has been a dream ll along'.
If only, If only, if only, If only... The “if onlys” cause us to find fault in ourselves and what we “think” we could have done differently. We may even bargain with the pain. We will do anything not to feel the pain of this loss. We remain in the past, trying to negotiate our way out of the hurt.

Stage 4. DEPRESSION : After bargaining, our attention moves squarely into the present. Empty feelings present themselves. This depressive stage feels as though it will last forever. It’s important to understand that this depression is not a sign of mental illness.

Final Stage 5. ACCEPTANCE : Acceptance is often confused with the notion of being “all right” or “OK” with what has happened. This is not the case. This stage is all about accepting the reality of our loss and accepting that the new reality is the permanent reality. We begin to see how life must continue. We begin to see how we can regain more of our losses even though it might not be as it was supposed to be. We tell ourselves, LIFE CONTINUES.!! HOLLAAAA!!! HURAYYYYY!!!!

- Dr. Ola John. [Public Health Advocate]

References -
Kaplan & Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry.
www.grief.com

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by drsugar: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
I hope this helps someone out there because MMM has kind of crashed and there would be a lot of emotional breakdowns come January.

Cc lalasticlala seun Mynd44

5 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by TINALETC3(f): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Dia cup of tea, Dey were warned bt dey wudnt listen

6 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by chelseabmw(m): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
Only a greedy man will play MMM #Fact

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Tman66(m): 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy okay now grin grin grin
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Funjosh(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
tongue
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by 00Ademi(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
chai mai money o lipsrsealed
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by EMMYB0Y(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
112.....LESAMA...

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by deleo16(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
MMM topic is getting boring by the day do you people have better topics to put on front page this days

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by abdul4new(m): 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Safety Tips:1. Make sure you are very close to your friends and relatives who are into MMM.2.Observe their every movement and monitor where they aregoing to.3. If you see any of them going close to a River, Ocean or Stream, raise an alarm and invite the police.4. If you see any of them talking to him or herself, alert the nearest psychiatrist hospital.5. If any of them begins to behave angrily and break or destroy things, please notify your friends and use cow rope to tie the personPlease pass it round to save lives

18 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by OldBeer: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
EDAKUN!! EPP ME!!
My female friend that I registered in
MMM has turned to snake..
She's just been hissing since Yesterday! cry

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by veekid(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016

nothing could be done to fix the damages
Nice write-up sha
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Ilovewetpussy(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ftc
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by lordharrick(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
FTP..... grin
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
can't take panadol for another's Headache #For.ur.eyez.only

1 Like

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
2 days ago I tried to make my friends see that the scheme was designed for fraud and it is both not sustainable and faceless but I got more than I bargained for.
The lenient one's was like " OK I get u but I will be smart enough to have gotten twice my capital when MMM crashes."
Others questioned my literacy and were ashamed of me, some even called me names. I wished them luck and told them I will be vindicated within a year, little did I know it will be this soon.

Most of them are still in stage 1 and easily aggressive against anything about MMM

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Zedoo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Lmao

In other words, denial stage go last till January 12...then enter straight to depression district zone 9.

12 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Zedoo(m): 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ilovewetpussy:
Ftc

Story for mavrodi
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Turks: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
A lot won't move past the denial stage.
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by balanceofterror1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
@op, how will sister Bisi face the congregation this Sunday?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by aAK1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
hey fools all confirmed money that is 30 days old are been paid out. mmm is working

5 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by matrix199(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
A man invested N1m. When he heard MMM has been suspended temporarily, he began a violent praying session. The way the man prayed to gain his money back, if they took him to the morgue, he'd raise the dead with his prayers.

When you have N1m and want a lazy return, that's what you get

7 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by samdavjustin(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
;DAm just sitting here laughing in Chinese
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by tjskii(f): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Sigh, as much as we joke about it, this mmm depression is a real thing, so many people have invested their life savings, house rent, bank loan, gbemulelantern money on this thing, may the Lord grant you all the fortitude to bear this loss and move on with your lives, I say this with all sincerity and nil sarcasm

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by AroOkigbo(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Recession don affect MMM

BUHARI oooo!!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by flyca: 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Even without MMM many Nigerians pass through this stages anytime Buhari-led government creates another stupid policy.
Eg: when fuel was raised to 145
Dollar raise
Ban ban ban
Its a vicious cycle

Funny OP though cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by unclemayor(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
God help dem sha
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by mmmustapha(m): 1:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
lol
Re: Psychological Tools To Help Victims Of MMM To Cope In These Trying Times. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
Don't tell me MMM is packing uptongue...Bt wait o, wot is really delaying mai alert, Gtbank or MMM? Kai..... What a worrisome situatn 4 d real niggazgrin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Intelligence Prime Capital / Insha Allahu: Abdulakeem Morendayo Disappears With Investors' Funds / MMM Victim Abandons 3-yr-old Daughter Inside Tricycle In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.