Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

"Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi (29712 Views)

"Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by AmmarOscar(m): 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2016
I just wondered why I didn't find this post when I search for it on Nairaland. Prof. Kperogi, need no introduction, he is a former staunch pro-Buhari and an A list occupant of Northern intelligentsia. He wrote speeches for Obasanjo during his presidency, he taught at ABU Zaria and Kaduna Polytechnic. He is celebrated even in the US, where he now teaches at Kennesaw state university. When he was criticising Jonathan, he was hero in the North and devil in South. Now things turn Buhari cluelessness in full work, people are just managing to survive. Now he is hero in the South and Devil in the North (partially). Last week he dropped bombshell. In a terse Facebook post which received high reactions he confirm Buhari is worse than Jonathan.

I used to say that it was impossible for any Nigerian president to be worse than Jonathan. That was how much I despised him. So in May 2015, I started out investing enormous hopes in Buhari to transform Nigeria and to build enduring institutions. After waiting 6 months to appoint a predictable, lackluster cabinet, it became clear to me that my hopes were misplaced, that Buhari wasn’t prepared to be president, so I scaled backed my expectations and hoped that Buhari would at least be minimally better than Jonathan.

But when Buhari hiked fuel prices, reversed the few crumbling subsidies that sustained the poor, and became prisoner of the “Washington Consensus,” I scaled back my expectations again and hoped that Buhari would be just as bad as Jonathan was.
When his government’s incredibly inept husbandry of the economy continued to deepen the recession it instigated in the first place with its wrongheaded policies, I hoped that Buhari would just be slightly worse than Jonathan for the sake of Nigeria’s survival.

Now with the unceasing rash of counter-intuitive, mutually contradictory, insanely irrational, and thoughtless policy prescriptions from this government, the very foundation of the country is tanking before our very eyes, and I just hope Buhari never does anything again till 2019 when his tenure will expire—and with it the torment he is inflicting on Nigeria. A stagnant, do-nothing Buhari is now better for the country than this madness we’re witnessing! Nigeria is fast sinking to the nadir of despair and ruination.

https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10102202539400660&id=47904265&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10102202539400660%3Atl_objid.10102202539400660%3Athid.47904265%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1483257599%3A-4230884635720205673

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lol! You need to get more grammatically ready for next episode.

35 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Sufisunni: 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
I am Buharist too! but his policies r becoming anti masses who r already impoverished. Mamman Daura and Abba Kyari, the duo who r neither APC member nor voted him during election have taken over him at the detriment of the masses who trooped out to vote him. What a dissapointment! Buhari's anti corruption crusade seems to me as the biggest joke of the century. After government orchestrated media and court trial of Saraki telling Nigerians that Saraki is corrupt r now singing a different music to us that saraki is an intelligent man and should therefore be left off handcuff, just because of not wanting to lose Saraki to join forces with Tinubu, Atiku and Makarfi's PDP faction in forming Mega opposition party. With this, Buhari is virtually telling us that he is more intrested in 2019 than fighting corruption for whom he is known for. I cant continue to deceive myself with defending this govt anymore whereas Mamman Daura is fat feeding his cabal and I m here managing 4hrs power in 3days

220 Likes 17 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Ragnorak: 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2016
Everybody is tired of him.

148 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by blackfase(m): 9:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Iv refrained all along to call him names but i can easily refer to him now as a completely clueless buffoon. The guy fall hands no be small....

140 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by angeltolly(f): 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
Op please help me tell Prof to SHUT UP HIS MOUTH NONE of them better pass the other sad Clueless set of people angry angry

7 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by slivertongue: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2016
hope he wont claim to be misquoted. GMB is on study leave in Aso Rock

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2016
Prof is not happy

No more free money

You never supported him

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2016
Ragnorak:
Everybody is tired of him.

Please check for the word everybody

Rather use the word every wailer

God Bless Muhammadu Buhari

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by otukpo(f): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2016
Wonder how professors and learned men will believe that someone without an O level will transform Nigeria better than someone with phd.

180 Likes 18 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 9:41pm On Dec 13, 2016
otukpo:
Wonder how professors and learned men will believe that someone without an O level will transform Nigeria better than someone with phd.

Did I hear you say PhD?

Jonah the destroyer

He damaged everything

We pray that we recover from the damaged he caused

Jonah is a total epidemic to global peace

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
Baba buhari, please don't be deterred

I know Jonah damaged everything

God bless you my president

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jonah Chai Jonah

He destroy everything

Economy he destroyed

Security he destroyed

Nigeria image he destroyed

Foreign Reserve he Emptied

Jonah so a failure

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by hotice01: 9:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
sarrki:

Did I hear you say PhD?

Jonah the destroyer

He damaged everything

We pray that we recover from the damaged he caused

Jonah is a total epidemic to global peace
You give out so much hate and expect love?
Sarkki I respect u a lot but u can't keep on vehemently hating the only president the south south has produced and expect them to join forces with the south west when the time comes.
In as much as GEJ didn't do so well,ur hatred is becoming increasingly nauseating.
U are always quick to defend PMB and frown on anyone who insults him or Tinubu but u constantly abash and debase GEJ on this forum.
People like u will instigate more hatred for PMB than GEJ through ur actions on this forum.
peace.

208 Likes 23 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by temitofa(m): 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
sarrki:
Jonah Chai Jonah

He destroy everything

Economy he destroyed

Security he destroyed

Jonah so a failure

If Jonah is a Failure, then buhari is a Born failure cos this is the second time of failing to make Nigeria Great.

202 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by timsTNA: 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
hotice01:

Sarkki I respect u a lot but u can't keep on vehemently hating the only president the south south has produced and expect them to join forces with the south west when the time comes.
In as much as GEJ didn't do so well,ur hatred is becoming increasingly nauseating.
U are always quick to defend PMB and frown on anyone who insults him or Tinubu but u constantly abash and debase GEJ on this forum.
People like u will instigate more hatred for PMB than GEJ through ur actions on this forum.
peace.

For him not to have figured out this fact for himself just shows how unintelligent him and his loud mouthed brethren really are

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by hotice01: 11:19pm On Dec 13, 2016
timsTNA:

For him not to have figured out this fact for himself just shows how unintelligent him and his loud mouthed brethren really are
The sad and painful part is that Sarrki is very intelligent,I dnt know why he seems to always go all zombie when it comes to certain political issues.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by sarrki(m): 11:22pm On Dec 13, 2016
hotice01:

peace.

Thanks bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by hotice01: 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
sarrki:

Thanks bro

No hating bro,got lots of respect for you on this forum but we should use this avenue to heals deep political wounds and not cause more harm.

15 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by timsTNA: 11:51pm On Dec 13, 2016
hotice01:

The sad and painful part is that Sarrki is very intelligent,I dnt know why he seems to always go all zombie when it comes to certain political issues.

Lol. Seems you are the only one that sees the good in him. I just see him as another afonja with a lot of time on his hands

105 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by hotice01: 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2016
timsTNA:

Lol. Seems you are the only one that sees the good in him. I just see him as another afonja with a lot of time on his hands
He is a very nice person,hardly get angry and very intelligent especially when not been politically myopic.

11 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Cjrane2: 12:07am On Dec 14, 2016
Buhari is worse than satan.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Eazybay(m): 12:10am On Dec 14, 2016
sarrki:
Jonah Chai Jonah

He destroy everything

Economy he destroyed

Security he destroyed

Jonah so a failure

He destroyed our economy You had cheap food then and in 2015 most Nigerians did not know d meaning of "economy". All dey wea screaming was paper economics etc. Ryt now u are in a recession and our economic builder has no way out yet.

He destroyed security The last time dis admin went shopping in Pakistan (a third world country), dey returned with a single "training aircraft". Abeg how was ur anti bomb squad, NEMA, warships, warplanes, tanks, minesweepers etc b4 GEJ?

He destroyed Nigeria image Your legal tender which is ur foremost image projector is almost in ruins! We are on d verge of printing more notes. Guess what, our image maker is using d DSS to stabilize a sinking ship. Of course it backfired!!

Foreign Reserve Guess u are out of blames.

The Prof said the truth, everything PMB does takes us backward. We should just pray he does nothing till 2019

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Daniyomex(m): 12:11am On Dec 14, 2016
I concur

5 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by ud4u: 12:25am On Dec 14, 2016
Buhari has failed woefully

57 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 14, 2016
A bird in hand is worth twice in the bush....
Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by moshmusth(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2016
ud4u:
Buhari has failed woefully

1 Like

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by moshmusth(m): 6:34am On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=moshmusth post=51910522][/quote]

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Stalwert: 6:50am On Dec 14, 2016
It's unfortunate the professor can't fathom the difficult situation our economy is facing

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by SillyMods: 6:55am On Dec 14, 2016
Not all professors are worth the title.

Btw, no source to this nonsense.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari Worse Than Jonathan" — Farooq Kperogi by Abeymills(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2016
sarrki:
Prof is not happy

No more free money

You never supported him
shut up there did Nigerians not vote 4d dullard wat has been thier gain so far?

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo Governorship Election 2023 With Over 563,000 Votes / Buhari Fails To Release Assets Declaration Document After CCB Verification / Your Son Has Returned - Tejuoso Makes U-turn As Buhari Meet Senators In Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.